Posted by psgels on 25 July 2007 with categories: Claymore

I liked this episode. A lot. It was intriguing, the fight was really tense, it made sense, and there was A LOT of character-development in it. Claymore may be dull in its introductions; it’s brilliant in its conclusions. While this does mean that the next episode will be another dull one, I’m glad enough that this episode turned out good.

First of all, Jeane. Not only is her new hairstyle much better than her old one, she showed that you can go back from awakening, even though you haven’t put your mind to it, though that may be because of Claire and Galatea’s ability to manipulate Yoki so well. I can imagine that Claire will pick Galatea’s technique of manipulating Yoki up as well in the future somehow.

I think I also finally realize what makes Claire so special. Half-awakened beings already are rather rare among Claymore, but the Claymore it happens to usually don’t notice the difference. The only reason Miria noticed this was because they were with four Half-awakened ones in one group, so this just had to stand out. I think the reason that the Organization sends the problematic Half-awakened ones to get killed off as a precaution, as the awakening-process seems to have made them more curious, and easier to question the Organization (after all, fully awakened ones tend to go berserk, so I wouldn’t be surprised at some subtle effects on the characters of Half-awakened ones). Claire is probably one of the few who survived such an attempt to kill her off, along with Miria, Deneve and Helen, and because of her rather impulsive and ignorant nature, she probably is the first of them who left the organization willingly.

It will be interesting to see where she’ll go now. She now has another companion who’ll follow her around, no matter what (although I do think that Raki won’t be doing that anymore, as something major seems to have happened to him, according to the manga-readers). The fact remains, though, that it’ll take a long time for Claire to defeat Priscilla without Riful’s help.

I wonder how many comrades Riful managed to gather. The guy up in the north seemed to have at least three huge awakened beings, as seen at the end of the episode, if you add Priscilla, that makes four. (The organization is losing a lot of Claymore lately, isn’t it? If the party we saw there didn’t survive, they’re going to have to recruit ten new members, quite a significant amount and I suspect that more Claymores have died off-screen).

1. yoshi927 says:

I suppose this adds some weight to the next episode title “North War”. Also, it seems that Clare gets back into the fold with the other Claymores for some reason (next episode preview) Well, this is the first one in a while that “really hit me”, like, for instance, the Teresa saga thing. That is, one that made me think “Wow, this is awesome”. :D All that Riful took with her was Duff, and it seems that she crushed the rest of her henchmen.

2. Mentar says:

I can assure you that the next ep will be alot, but NOT boring. In fact, it will have some awesome and touching scenes ^_^

Riful stole the episode though. Demonstrating that there’s yet another faction which is absolutely worth to be considered, she added more depth to a still-opening-up world of Claymore. Great stuff.

3. Runningkid says:

I laughed when I found out what happened to Raki, so I am sure you will be amused too wen you find out xD, thats if they keep to the manga. Mentar was probably right about the next episode, having the manga myself, but then again… when was claymore ever boring? :P

4. Kite says:

I seriously think they’ll need a second season! Or I guess people will just have to read the manga… This was EPIC though!

5. Runningkid says:

The problem is, there isn’t much story left even if you read the manga, especially the manga isn’t carrying on in terms of plot. It’s all “extra scenes” about teresa, perhaps they may animate them, or rather I hope they animate them since I think we can all do with more Teresa love

6. Mentar says:

Er, what? Isn’t carrying on in terms of plot? What are you smoking, comrade? ^_^;

The plot is fully continued, and me and alot of friends are waiting for c74 with bated breath. However, it will only be released on november 2nd when the new premium monthly has its first issue (with Claymore in it). That’s all.

7. Runningkid says:

Thats what I meant xD,since the extra scenes isn;t really apart of the story and they dont finish untill novemeber. *hits himself for his inability to express himself*

8. ggpr says:

I have been reading the manga and watching the show intuitively. The show does a pretty good job at staying with the manga but sometimes I think some smaller issues are lost. One example is the reason why Riful decided to take absence in this episode; the show didn’t explain this while the manga did and it would be a little late to explain in the next episode. But this isn’t a requirement, on the other hand you look at the manga going “what just happened” and the show explains the movements better (animated).

Im don’t think I like the whole “projectile” sword that Clare appears to have now, most things up to this point have been somewhat logical accepting the whole yoma strength thing (internal body powers).

On another note, calculating percentage wise where we are in the show with the manga dictates the manga currently has 24 episodes with a teresa bonus. Thats seven more weeks, and the manga left off with a pretty heavy cliff-hanger thats going to be annoying to have to wait until november 2cnd. Thats roughly 14 weeks away for the chapter 74, which means we will probably inevitably have a break from this show for a while. Not only for the new material to come out but as well as having a little room for weekly shows. (Following the Novemver 2cnd that Mentar said). But I guess quality only comes with time. I just hope they actually finish the story and not just abrubtly stop it where funding/mainstream interest disappears.

9. Jamaipanese says:

great episode especially the Duff rescue hint’s a sex between the “awakened couple” – I guess Duff’s hard outer coating has other uses ;)

10. SovayFox says:

I think that you are wrong about Clare getting Galatea’s power. I think she will just perfect the unison of her two current powers like she did in this episode.
    Btw I heart this episode.

11. psgels psgels says:

I am getting worried, though. The fact that the manga isn’t finished means that time needs to be filled somehow. I really hope that Claymore will be getting a second season, but it seems to be a general rule among shounen-anime to continue with fillers. I hope that Claymore also deviates from its genre in that aspect.

12. Cos says:

Rest assured, there won’t be any filler. Claymore isn’t one of those shounen running for a 240+ ep, in fact this season will probably be 23-24 ep long.
    The only problem will be that a second season won’t come until at least a couple of years seeing how slowly the manga progresses.

13. SovayFox says:

its slated for 24 eps last I read. if the manga is still going we are likely to wait for a new season after the manga catches up. there was another series that did the same thing but I am blanking on its name.

14. Foxstrifer says:

Suddenly Claymores became soldiers. The organization is certainly losing too many claymores at this rate, considering there’s only 47 Claymores; they’ve already lost atleast 10 members.

Btw, number forty-seven is progressing at too fast a pace i think. She’s even starting to pick up Galatea’s ability. And with so many other claymores gone, how come her rank still hadn’t moved up yet…? hmm…

15. soavifox says:

well she would kind of have to go back to get her rank raised.
    Also, I don’t think she used galatea’s ability. I think she was simply calling her back which doesn’t seem like it will ever be like galtea’s. She would need to train hard to do more than what she did. The only powers she will probably ever train are the yoki sense and the flash sword even if she could learn galatea’s ability.

16. galaxyconvoy says:

Priscilla was slated to be #1, and had not yet attained that spot because she didn’t have the experience or discipline necessary to harness her full potential. I began to think that this may also translate to how powerful she is or will become after awakening. At the time of her defeat at the hands of Isley, I think she still wasn’t at 100%, since prior to awakening, she had not reached her full potential and she may have only been awakened for a short time (though the time between her Awakening and defeat by Islely is highly debatable).

Even though some may think I’m misreading the whole awakening process, which maybe the case, there’s another explanation for Priscilla being defeated by Isley. Priscilla lost intentionally.

We’ve learned from the story that Priscilla, as a vastly powerful Awakened Being, goes into the territory of the only male member of the Dwellers of the Deep, causing all sorts of ruckus, and finally engaging him in battle, only to be defeated and become his woman. This all could have all been a coincidence, but something about how we’ve seen the “Awakened” Priscilla behave makes me believe otherwise. This Priscilla was completely calm and composed, nothing like her previous incarnation as a Claymore. Furthermore, she seemed a lot craftier and methodical than before, as seen when she played on Teresa’s sympathy to catch her off-guard and disarm her, quite literally, then behead her. Though this was the only instance we’ve seen her fight as an Awakened Being, it’s in stark contrast to how she fought before as a claymore (i.e. a warrior with tremendous potential, but lacking practical battle experience and possessing an even smaller amount of good sense.)

Back to my point about Priscilla letting Isley defeat her, out of the three Dwellers of the deep, Isley’s the only male. If you were a hot, upstart Awakened Being with a possible case of Megalomania (I’m only guessing Priscilla is at least a little hot, because Isley didn’t kill her after her defeat, but instead made her his mate. I have no way of knowing how Awakened beings choose their mates.), which one of the top three would you hook up with and try to manipulate? If you’ve studied history or literature in any detail, you can see the rest of what I’m going to say coming a mile away, so I won’t bother.

Ask yourself, who would have the most to gain from a war between the Dwellers of the Abyss? Is Priscilla being seen as the source of all the recent disorder or is Isley being blamed? Who would be able to fill the gap if one or more of the Dwellers of the Deep were killed? How likely would it be for things return to normal, if Isley were taken out the picture (permanently)?

I think that everything going on with this impending war is Priscilla’s doing. The only questions in my mind are what does she have to gain from all this, who’ll be left standing after the smoke clears, and where would she set her sights if things go according to plan?

Then again, this is probably just speculation and idle ramblings on my part. It does sound good when put on electrons, though.

17. galaxyconvoy says:

Sorry, but my previous post was supposed to go on Episode #16’s blog, but I put it here instead. Sorry about any confusion caused by my going off topic.

18. Darknives says:

i really dont see fillers coming
    they really compacted the manga story for this 24/26 season
    if they wanted to keep releasing eps and making easy money like naruto, they would have streatched it out a lot.
    so like someone said. we will be seing a second season next year or more.
    probably with higher production values :)

Well fuck, getting NTR'd out of nowhere in a romance manga sure does feel like an insult, much less a tremendous waste of time. I really should look into whether or not a manga has ntr before I start reading it.
Ah, dominion tank police and AD police, reminding me of my genuinely love of the anime medium.
@Mario, So that was you. I was thinking maybe it was bot of some sort. Accepted the request so you can try sending me something again.
@Aidan: Btw, did you receive my Skype message? I was kicked out from the old Skype account so I had to make a new one and I sent you some texts but not sure if you've recieved it
Well, we're half way of the season already so I might stick with Youkoso. But it's telling that even after watching its episode I don't bother to write up about it... I will give Gamers a full review thou when it ends.
@Aidan: which is great (that they have forgotten about the gaming aspect. Normally, I disapprove of miscommunication in romance/drama but they play it for laugh x 5 times it's rather outrageous, in a good way.
You could drop Youkoso for Gamers you know. I could tell you are not very much into it and I admitly feel like I overestimated it. It at least tries to be above usual light novel fare but is still kinda meh.
@Mario, for some odd reason I kept watching Gamers and it really has forgotten about the whole gaming aspect. It's literally all about the messed up love pentagram now. These people have worse communication disorders than Komi does.
hmmm, anime convention will happen around my place tomorrow. When I say "around my place" it's 3 hours away so I'm not sure if I will come down there. Don't feel really excited to go to be honest.
OMG, Gamers escalates to the whole new labyrinth of misunderstandings... and I'm digging it. I should've blogged this one instead. Amen
@Lenlo, Nioh is something I am going to get to playing soon. Though first I will be getting through Horizon.
Nioh was phenomenal. Was different from Dark Souls in all the right ways.
Your right, there have been so many great games: Zelda, Nier, Horizon, Nioh, as well as the upcoming Mario are all instant classics, and besides that there have been a bunch of other solid fun games like Sonic, Splatoon, Pyre etc.
@Mario: Really just sit down and watch it kind of film.
@Mario: I just got back from Ancien and magic tablet/napping princess/hirune hime/whatever its title. In brief, the fantasy scenes are the highlight and its cute, charming family adventure anime film with alot of heart/endearment, runs on kind of too long and could have had more of a story though.
It says something in a year of great videogames when I can really recommend a Sonic game. Sonic Mania is a good platformer, with great control, charming visuals, great music and level design that feels more readable than the last games I've played in this series.
@Mario, Pres and delinquent girl is my favourite but I still hope the Kuudere couple shows up. This week was hilarious with the little sister trying to get back at her brother's girlfriend only for the girlfriend to know it was her immediately and start screwing around.
Mine is Takurou - Chizuru (the red hair boy and orange hair girl in this week's last segment. Maybe because I have a penchant for weird girl :/
Tsurezure Children... makes my heart melted again. Those who still watch it, who are your favorite couples?
@Kaiser: and I will give you a review on... new spiderman movie or whatever. My friend drags me to watch it with her tonight, and I haven't watched any spiderman installment since the one in 2007. Well, whatever...
@Mario: I will review Hirune-hime tomorrow night hopefully. Also I have seen all his ghost in the shell work, Moribito and Eden of the east but never Cyborg 009 .
This was a long time ago however.
I can remember my dads car got its window smashed then stolen, twice =<
@Kaiser Insurance by itself won't hold you back at all, but getting a new car certainly will. The down payment alone will set you back a couple grand and you likely won't pay off the car for about 2-4 years.
@Aidan Jeez, my condolences. @Kaiser Auto insurance covers most accidents and the rates won't go up so long as it's not your fault and you have evidence to prove it (like a dashcam).
Financially will it particularly hold you back on things like rent, etcetera?
But in all seriousness, that is one of the big reasons I haven't learned to drive, fear of that kind of thing happening, actually I think that might put me off driving if it happened to me.
The car incident is an obvious assassination attempt and conspiracy . Easily avoidable by investing in transport by Dragon .
@K-Off, Lightly hit the side of a Van coming out of T junction. Left light smashed,front bumper and bonnet damaged. Gotta pay for that and the vans side door.
@Aidan Ouch. What happened to it?
Yep. Crimson red. Maybe I was tempting fate.
@Aidan: you should blame your car because it's new and shiny it's more accident prone than others. Did you mention your car is red??
Man isn't it great having a new car. It's also great when you crash your new car and now have to pay hefty repair fees. Fantastic. No injuries or anything but it's going to be a pain to repair.
Princess Principal write-up will have to wait this time tomorrow guys. Sorry for those who wait but nothing can stand a chance against my madness for Monogatari now
I still have a bunch of old anime vhs tapes in my attic yes, would take forever to list though.
movies4life
What to say about "one punch man" ?
movies4life
You have still VHS tapes as well in your anime collection ? (me 40)
Hard to believe I've been at this anime/manga thing since I was 11 and am now in my 30s.
@Boukensha: for this site specifically most of us are like you. On and off with anime; burnt out, move on with life and back again... this why I believe the readers who read this site are slightly older than your average anime audience there.
OldManBoukensha
I think I'll call myself OldManBoukensha. Hope the name sticks (this is the anonyperson)
OldManBoukensha
Thanks for the recommendations @SuperMario and @Kaiser-Eoghan san! Sometimes feels surreal how time has flown, started watching anime and discovered psgels in uni... fast forward 12 years and I hit 30 this year. lots of great memories, eagerly waiting for blog posts for favourite animes like mushishi, seirei no moribito, FMA. ah good times. Thank you for taking the baton and keeping it lively :)
... and it's never too late to set up your permanent username now :)
@Anon1329673: if you had to pick up 1 show this season, then yes Made in Abyss. I'd also recommend Princess Principal as well. For slice of life office, Shirobako? There's a show running this season from the creators of Shirobako, not neccessary set in an office place but they are about adult working as well; the name is Sakura Quest
@Anon: Hataraki man perhaps?
whenever I visit here I wish I had picked a permanent username. been reading psgels since 2005 :)
and do you know of any slice of life office life anime to recommend? I loved fune wo amu from last season. melancholic yet intimate, bittersweet anime
Hey guys, what's the best show running this season? Seems to me Made in Abyss ? If I had to pick up one show, which one would you recommend?
@Mario That's the most common method of getting compromised nowadays, even a lot of youtubers got their channels hacked because of vulnerabilities with the phone carriers.
So naturally, Reflection and Ranbu will be delayed tomorrow because of a move. Last for abit. I promise. Hectic time :P
alright, 18if down. Now's the time that I've been looking for this season. Go watch Owari nowwww
Yep, the author laid out how he wanted it to end before he died. Can't say how the new guy did as the English translation of the novels has not caught up that far.
@Aidan: These were presumably written from notes left behind by the author? Is there a disconnect in quality between the non-original author novels and the ones he wrote?
Also the Familiar of Zero novels are better than the anime. Now, not shakespeare but the anime did not really adapt them well. The novels took the plot a little more seriously while the anime went full slapstick with it.
@Kaiser, I was talking about the novels, not the anime. Someone jumped in to write the last two novels.
Of course things have changed, its been so many years since I saw the initial seasons, I couldn't tell if I'd still care.
Didn't really work in familiar of zeros case though , third and fourth seasons were a decline.
A famous example was Itazura na kiss, author died from having stuff collapse on her , anime finished the story.
@Anon, Likely not now that the author is dead. There are some occasions where people jump in to complete the work like Familer of Zero but in most cases it is just left unfinished.
@Movies, Watched about ten episodes and then just never got back to it. I thought it was alright.
@Amagi, Indeed. Hopefully they won't be around that much.
Apocrypha is pretty good when the MCs aren't around
@Movies: Yes, stopped after he got the powerup and then the manga went on a long hiatus, I liked the art though, the anime was tedious though, filler-y and censored.
movies4life
You guys remember d.Gray-man ?
...I think one of the two working on highschool of the deads manga died/
@anon1327403: funny that you mentioned Highschool of the Dead because I'm planning to watch that one real soon. But to answer your question, as far as I am aware of, no, there isn't any announcement regarding the new adaptation.
Does anyone know if High School of the Dead will ever be picked up by another person
I'm still watching stuff though, just finished the Cobra ovas last night, fun camp in the flash gordon/Barbarella vein, though it misses the soundtrack from the old 80s version.
I love a good Bond type spy thingnow and then but I'd LOVE to see a more serious anime take on the genre.
If kakegurui is enjoyable in the same way a trash-exploitation film is I could see myself watching .
Count me in for those who weren't happy with the progress of abyss' manga.
Then again my gaming days are long long in the past for the most part. The humour in gamers would just turn me off now, I've lost interested in most anime comedy.
I was aware of ANN being down, for the most part I really only skimmed their articles. I wish sega would just put Sonic down, its been on decline for so long.
@KTravlos: have fun with whatever you doing in the next 10 days mates. And if you have time, sample Princess Principal as well
I will be off the net the next 10 days, so sorry if I do not answer any replies etc. Have a good time all! See you later.
took the hiatus of my shows as a chance to sample the current season. Saw first episodes of Kakeguiri, Abyss, and Altair. Kakeguiri and Abyss really did have great first episodes, that grab you. Altair was a bit too old-fashioned, but I will probably continue watching it. Kakeguiri had excellent OP and ED, while Abyss had in general great music. And yeah, you guys were not kidding about beauty
And I still enjoy Gamers thoroughly. Not sure if it can keep up with the misunderstanding mess about relationships from the main cast but so far the show is hilarious
so now I know about why ANN did not work. @Holystockings yes, again I should detest it for many things it has, but they pulled it off and I like it.
Holystockings
I'll be honest here. I would have never guessed that Kakegurui would have been this good.
@AidanAK47 This year there have been a lot of good games. Too many to play seriously. I do wonder how deliberations would be since more than scores or genres I don't feel a all out winner, more than different games excelling at different things.
So finally finished Kado, and I have to say I am not a fan of the shark jump.
Really? Had no idea about the news network site
Also too many games coming this month. SubaHibi, Sonic Mania and Ys Seven. Not to mention cold steel now out. I still need to get blood orange complete and in comes a small, medium and two extra large time sinks.
And in other news Voltorn season three is out but only seven episodes long. With another fourth season coming in October which is 6 episodes long. I wonder why Netflix are spilting up seasons like this?
So, not sure if anyone has heard this or not but the Anime News Network site has been hacked. Hence why you can no longer access it.
@Mario: blancanieves was modern silent take on snow white, a different spin on the story.
@Mario: Fun fact, Mitchum appears in a cameo in the cape fear remake.
ha, I wouldn't mind seeing a gag in a comedy manga series where they did a silent throwback episode.
The expressionist visuals of some of those silent films appeal to me.
My only issue with maddin is that he is hard to marathon, that style as unique and funny as it is only works in small doses.
La Antenna was another good example of modern silent filmaking. Annnnd, this one is SUPER obscure/rare: http://hawkmenblues.blogspot.ie/2013/11/yumemiru-yoni-nemuritai-kaizo-hayashi.html
It's like this: The Artist gets the "look" of silent film, but Guy Maddin's works get the "feel" of it
I can remember Mitchum was in an underated remake of the big sleep...
...though you could really tell even just from listening to him speak he was a pothead.
@Kaiser: I agree with you that Guy Maddin's works are more of a representative of neo-silent than the Artist (the Artist is just so... wide-appealing for my taste. It tries to please everyone). I always feel that Maddin is born in a wrong era. Had he born in the silent era he'd definately be a legend.
@Kaiser: I don't blame the audience from the 50s who didn't get the film. I didn't quite get it the first time either but the film just keep growing on me. I remembet Robert Mitchum in his noir detective role as well, most notably his role in Out of the Past. The lead girl in that movie has a very typical femme fatale look as well, which mean she's gorgeous
@Mario: I've been looking into Guy Maddin's work, its occasionally funny in an absurdist way and alot of the appeal comes from how strange his films are, while I think that film the artist was a good take on silent films, Maddins tributes to silent film are far more successful.
@Mario: People weren't ready for night of the hunter in the 50s, one of those baffling situations that it flopped when originally released, frustratingly that director never got to work again. For me I think that was one of Robert Mitchum's best roles, along with his one in Cape fear.
Ahhh, clumsy finger. Whatever...
*Diary kf the Country Priest of course
Should get into Diry of the Countey Priest soon, but consider it's Bresson's movie I have no doubt it'll be hard to swallow. Also the priest in The Night of the Hunter
@Mario: =) All priest films quiver before the might of Diary of the country priest, Nazerin and Winter light.
@Kaiser: in the same vein with Spotlight, right? 2016 wasn't a good year for priest in movies it seems
Oh, that guy also directed El Club, I liked that one, seriously grim story about exiled priests.
@movies4life: Gin no Guardian is a bif meh for me.
I watched No at the time of its release. Good watch although I don't remember much of it now. Not only they have the same actors as Neruda, those films are directed from the same director. This fude also directed Jackie last year that star Nayalie Portman as the First Lady
@Movies: The other Chinese anime attempts aren't any better I hear.
movies4life
Watch in a day the whole season of Gin no Guardian. Is have so much potential in story and animation but somehow something missing. maybe is just for growing up Kids
@Anon, Like SAO season 2 then. Myself and a friend tried to watch that for the sole reason of taking the piss out of it. Ended up not finishing it because there wasn't anything to take the piss out of because barely anything happened each episode and it was so boring that we couldn't take it anymore.
I have seen "The Secret in their Eyes". A good film. I do recommend "Neruda", and the film "No" which as some of the same actors.
People thought they were 'ironically' watching a bad movie until they realized the movie's so bad it can't even be enjoyed on an ironic level.
I am not surprised that the Emoji movie is bad. But I am quite astonished that people seem to be surprised that it's bad.
Gah, I would hate that, having to put up with a kid in cinemas, having to see , having to financially benefit some anti-art film like that.
movies4life
and i watch Emoji with my daughter....I fall asleep
Secret in the eyes remake was pretty much pointless.
Anon-The virgin witch
I am entirely too old to place any care or importance on whether I sleep with someone or not/ever.
I am entirely too far behind to catch up on monogatari.
I enjoy the surrealism that is present in some Latin filmaking. As for secret in their eyes, its got that great stadium scene and twist later on, though some of the exchanges between actors/characters seemed awkward, overall while I liked it, it felt like an extended tv episode.
I'm also looking forwards to listen to their new OPs. Mnogatari's soundtrack is the only anime soundtrack that I bought a physical CD. Still listen to all those songs quite frequently
Since it is confirmed that there'll be 7 episodes, I think it'll be: Mayoi Hell (2 episodes), Hitagi Rendezvous (2), Ougi Dark (3)
So Owarimonogatari will air in 2 days. I honestly don''t know how I should review it (by episode? by each arc? by day? Rating or not?) but dang I'm gonna review it.
You can try another Latin American film, The Secret in Their Eyes (not the REMAKE one). There was a 10 minutes unbroken (CGI) shot that follow the leads in the football stadium to look for their suspect. Quite impressive
@KTravlos: I missed my chance to watch Neruda when it was screening in my local cinema; but I've heard good things about the film. People said it's an unconventional but effective biopic film. The more I watch Latin American cinema, the more I feel the unique charm from the area that I don't feel anywhere else.
Still, weird manga because its kind of increasingly obvious that the people behind Nana are the bad guys .-. They are just overly sinister.
So skipped third chapter and just read fourth chapter of Talentless Nana. Ok, seems like it might have more of hook now? Villain protagonist vs hero antagonist?(who also can't be killed off first because they are immortal, so she would need to figure out how to deal with him first)
@Anon. Nobody cares mate.

@SuperMario. Hey I watched Neruda last week. It was interesting. Have you seen it?
@Anon, Well we can all make up imaginary sexploits, it's not really something worth bragging about. Perhaps fanfiction would be a better outlet?
I enjoy posting on obscure anime blog chat boxes about my sexploits. ᕕ( ⏒ ロ ⏒ )ᕗ
movies4life
Just watch Ajin both seasons and not sure ...good or just ok
Just watch Ajin both seasons and not sure ...good or just ok
I'm also as of now noticing this Isekai trend. And to be honest the most disappointing aspect for me, is how formulaic the worlds are. This is also a complain in RPGs. But I don't get how like 7 or more of this, feels like the setting could be the same world. I don't know, I just think there should be ways to make each feel more unique.
I went to Chicago and bought a Switch and lots of manga. I was happy with my choices. Murcielago is a violent buddy cop. Delicious Dungeon is a creative take on a dungeon crawler setting and funny. The 7th garden is a well composed manga, if anything a good example for sequential art reference. I also read several chapters of Mushoku Tensei, which is Isekai but heck it did made me care.
It's like the difference between reading Konosuba and watching Konosuba. I read the novels up to date and while it's fine it's like reading the script to a comedy skit. It's not nearly as entertaining as seeing it in action. The animation and actors just added so much more to it.
@Puran, I actually agree with you on that. I read the manga before watching the anime and couldn't really get into it. However I felt that things would change when seeing it animated and indeed it did. Currently I would place the anime adaption above it's source material.
3000 Leagues in Search of Mother
Puran
@Anon, thank you for the update on your sex life.

In other news, I read the manga for Made in Abyss and I didn't really like it...? Felt kinda boring and soulless? While the anime seemed to have some sort of magic and wonder. It kinda spoiled my enjoyment of the Anime. I think I'll drop it for a while and marathon it later to let the bad taste from my mouth subside.
@Anon, That's virgin talk.
Anonymous1320940
my girlfriend is coming back home and I am so looking forward to getting my cock sucked again. Sex starved since Wednesday
@K-off: Genuinely missed Tsugumi when her character got the axe.
Getting the made in abyss post up tonight but it looks like the other two are going to have to wait. Kakegurui's sixth episode will be airing this week and Fate's episode won't be subbed until friday. I will see if I can get secondhand subs to do a writeup but I would prefer to watch it with UTW subs.
The spin-offs are actually a good read because it's essentially similar to the opening few chapters of the main story.
Ah seoul station, that director (or at least the animator) has done some other animated films that I've yet to get round to.
@K-off: Maybe a sequel or more spinoffs planned? I've not read any of the spinoff come to think of it.
The film was interesting, but I remember I watched it after Train to Busan and its animated prequel so I found it lacking in comparison.
I'll just say that the manga does not end climatically nor in any interesting way. It ends up focusing on a new set of characters near the end (what kind of writer thinks that's a good idea?) and rushes the MC's story.
The film adaptation of I am a hero is better than it has any right to be.
*sci-fi
@K-off: Everything after the sci-twist started going downhill. I haven't read the final chapter yet.
@Kaiser Did you catch up on I am a Hero? Just finished it and...I feel like the series seriously fizzled out halfway through. I'd like to talk about the ending if you have.

Shoukoku no Altair – 05 [The City of the Lighthouse]

After a three-week break, Shoukoku no Altair returned today with an episode reminiscent more of its first three than its last. If you’ve been reading these posts for the last couple months, you’ll know that’s not a good thing, at least from where I’m sitting. We were awash in exposition and timeskips again this time […]

Classroom of the Elite – 06 [There are Two Kinds of Lies; One concerns an Accomplished Fact, the Other concerns a Future Duty]

Youkoso embraces its true nature this week, pulling off some resolves that are pulpy, but clean up nicely the conflicts they present this episode. With episode 6, not only class-D settles the accusation from class-C; they set up, and quickly resolve, Sakura’s stalking issues and gives a much-needed concern regarding Ayanokouji’s own agenda behind his […]

Re:Creators – 17 [The Rain’s Rhythm Shoots Down on the World’s Roof]

If you are still remaining faithful to Re:Creators over the course of months on end, then this is the episode where all the buildups and exposition pays off in dividends with the grand opening of the ‘Elimination Chamber Festival’. Characters with long standing grudges square off, insert songs being played back-to-back, and Studio TROYCA really […]

Made in Abyss – 06[Seeker Camp]

I feel like Riko has been naked quite a lot in this series and I thank god that it’s not treated in a fanservice manner. That may be something that should be par for the course but with my experience in anime it often takes every opportunity to throw in some fanservice. At this point […]

Fate/Apocrypha – 07[Where Freedom Lies]

As a Fate fan I can state for certainty that this series does have a problem of having a bit too much anticlimax. Which is a problem that may affect all Chuuni style stories come to think of it. I love the series but I can say that I don’t think any of them truly […]

Kakegurui- 06[Tempting Woman]

Here’s where these betting games get really out of control as we have an elaborate setup which likely cost quite a lot of money to make and only serves to make this bet possible. Before I made the choice of ignoring the general nonsensical rules of the school however now I think that I should […]

The Reflection – 4 [New Orleans]

The Reflection shows its strengths this week with strong character arcs, a deepening overall plot and some subtleties with its setting. Only thing left to fix is the frame count, but i’ve beat that horse to death, so let’s just jump right in. Reflection opens up the episode right after the end of last weeks. […]

Princess Principal – 06 [Case 18 Rouge Morgue]

We have a very tender Princess Principal episode this week. Instead of exciting spy action like previous weeks, we get to the place that is largely ignored by the rest of the world: a morgue. A place where they’re near the dead than the living, where time just passes by slowly but endlessly. A place […]

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu – 7 [The First Unit]

Welcome back to another week of Ranbu. This week we have mystery, intrigue and a stupid amount of new characters. Lets jump into it. Ranbu opens up the episode on a burning castle under siege, troops inside and a battle raging. We see a figure cut down in the smoke, only for his spirit to […]

Castlevania Season 1 Review – 70/100

Upon hearing that Castlevania would be getting an animated TV series my first reaction was that of unpleasant surprise. Part of the reason was because of the video games infamous history with adapting their stories to other mediums but my main reason was that being familiar with the Castlevania games, I knew the story was […]

Tsuki ga Kirei (Spring 2017) Review – 88/100

It’s hard for me not to go overboard on Tsuki ga Kirei: out of all the show I’ve followed this season, I resonated the most to this one; but even when I’m judging this show objectively, Tsuki ga Kirei is one of the most perfect one, in a way that it achieved exactly what it […]

Seikaisuru Kado Review 51/100

Seikaisuru Kado was a title which caught my attention for a number of reasons. For one it’s visuals showed not a single teenager in sight and a cast mainly consisting of working adults. Another is that it deals with a premise not often tackled in anime, Philosophical Science Fiction. The story features an alien being […]

ID-0 (Spring 2017) Review – 81/100

Here comes one of the most under-appreciated anime of this Spring season. ID-0 has many hassles that keeps viewers away from watching it: Netflix exclusive, full CG animation and a plot that just plain weird and a bit incomprehensive at first view. I originally took it as nothing more than fun spooky little-seen show until […]

Grimoire of Zero (Spring 2017) Review – 77/100

I remember, back in our first impression of this series, Aidan remarked that Grimoire of Zero isn’t your typical LN-adaptations, but he didn’t know what to make of it. To be honest, after watching an entire cour, I’m still unsure what to make of it myself. This show has some serious flaws, yet despite all […]

Uchoten Kazoku Review – 94/100

(Note: Since psgels didn’t give his final review to the first season, this review is for the entirety of Eccentric Family. If I had to grade the second season alone, it’s 90/100). Doesn’t matter how you look at it, the Eccentric Family is a unique show, in a way it feels and tastes like no […]

Little Witch Academia TV Review – 80/100

The Little Witch Academia series has been something that’s a long time coming. Ever since Studio Trigger made the original Anime OVA back in 2013 I have been hotly anticipating the time when it would be fleshed out into it’s own anime series. I love both the original OVA and the enchanted Parade so this […]

Window Horses (2016) Movie Review – 87/100