Posted by psgels on 6 August 2008 with categories: Eve no Jikan

Short Synopsis: Our lead character lives in a future Japan where Androids are common and often used as tools
Highlights: The umpth anime about androids, let’s see what this one can add.
Overall Enjoyment Value: 7,5/10
So, the six-part OVA Eve no Jikan is the product of the creator of Aquatic Language and Pale Cocoon, and this seems to be set in the same world as Aquatic Language. The focus isn’t as much on the graphics as the ones above: the animation is way more static, and there’s not much experimental animation like in Aquatic Language either. Eve no Jikan is really about its setting: androids, and the difference between humans and androids.

It’s definitely not a new topic these days. There already have been so many android series that I’m wondering what this Eve no Jikan can add to this. The first episode was decent enough, but I like how the setting so far hasn’t tried to rip off other ideas. I think the best way to describe the level of androids is a more pessimistic look at the time-setting of Real Drive, and I also was reminded of the beginning of the Second Renaissance from The Animatrix. It’s at the border where androids have become nearly identical to humans, but still miss some subtle differences, which I expect to get blurred more and more in the rest of the six episodes of Eve no Jikan.

Real Drive showed these differences between Androids and Humans when the androids needed to do something that they weren’t designed for (the combat android, who tried to take his glasses back, for example). In Eve no Jikan, these differences seem more psychological. This episode suggested that androids very well have a human consciousness, but this continues to be repressed due to their servant-functions, but I first want to see more of these Doji-kois: what happens to those people who don’t oppress their androids, and treat them as regular humans instead? I also wonder, why design a sentient android when it’s just going to be a servant? I fail to see the economic purposes of designing androids that can feel sad when they’re abused. Either that, or the bartender’s owner bought the wrong sort of android…

1. Deya says:

Hi there
    i read your blog often
    due your reviews,
    i found a copy of “franz kafka – a country doctor”, but i cant find the eng subtitles, T_T
    if you have a hint that can help it willl be really nice :)

i thank you very much :)

2. psgels psgels says:

Strange place to ask this, but Tokyo Toshokan has a copy.

3. Omisyth says:

The approach to the subject matter was fresh enough to make it extremely interesting (to me, at least). So many little things can have meaning drawn from them to the extent that I found myself thinking about the show even after I’d watched it, and to me that is the mark of a good series.

4. Sej says:

I don’t think they *were* designed to be sentient in the first place. It seems like an accident to me, and one that society is largely unaware of.

This show’s strength is that it approaches this problem as it really is. I heard someone else harping on about how this has already been done before, but I disagree. The closest thing I could point you to is Pino and Iggy in Ergo Proxy, but even that doesn’t count because they gain sentience by simply installing programs.

I like the slice-of-life aspect that Eve sports, and the animation *is* actually pretty beautiful. There’s a lot of natural movement and attention to detail. Environments aren’t static and the audio really brings the metro alive.

My only criticism would be that the protagonist is wishy-washy, and less interesting than every other character so far. His lack of confidence is also something of a selling point, however, at least in that he can feasibly gravitate toward understanding the dori-kei position on all of this.

I remember learning about the potential problems between humans and sentient artificial beings, specifically regarding discrimination. Eve no Jikan is showing us a very likely prospect, if you think about it. The perception of Dori-kei is similar to the way people treat Akiba-kei in Japan already. Or hardcore VIPers and Hikkikomori.

Because if you did find out that your androids’ AI was so sophisticated that emergent intelligence issues began to rise, those beings would would be in limbo. It would take so long for enough people to actively declare that those artificially sentient beings WERE, in fact, actually alive, and it would take a very long time before the AS community could gain positive recognition, let alone suffrage or other civil liberties.

And Eve is probably going to dip into the whole “oh-noes-I’m-attracted-to-an-android” scheme a bit more.

Enjoy it, why don’t you? I think Akiko was adorable and that her story was really sad. I know some guys that have watched the first episode over 4 times consecutively. I really prefer Eve no Jikan over Pale Cocoon, because I find the clutter of everyday life to be so much more attractive (as well as difficult to create well).

And I noticed that the interfaces on all of the palm/cell-type things everyone used look just a little beyond what we’ve been seeing through OS/X, Ubuntu, and Vista stylings. I tend to loathe the oversimplification and disgusting anti-aliasing I expect to see puked all over every GUI that’s ever going to be made for the rest of my life and beyond, but I can’t say the ones I see in Eve aren’t depressingly true-to-life.

Honestly, Eve seems to delve into human-AI relationships much more profoundly than I’ve ever seen before. It really shouldn’t be Vince marveling at Pino’s loyal behavior, Real openly admitting that her right-wing mentality can’t fathom the concept of an autoreiv having feelings, or Hideki marveling at Chii’s underwear… It’s supposed to be a slow development, with lots of discrimination and repression, and that look Rikuo gets when he first sees Akiko at his school is exactly what should happen. He should see that and remember her and her behavior and his impression of her and realize that he met her when she had gone out unbeknownst to her owners to be at Eve so she might express herself openly for a while, and in that one moment, all of that, including the indecency of it (perhaps mixed in with a little bit of shock at knowing he had also been somewhat attracted to the girl)–was how he should have reacted.

And Masaki is appealing. He has a lot of potential to morph into a sort of bad guy, because he’s got this quasi-Luddite air about him.

But seriously, why blog about anime if you’re not going to be more thoughtful? You didn’t even mention any characters. Didn’t you like anything about any of them? I personally prefer Akiko over Sammy at this point (just because Sammy seems genuinely depressed, and she reminds me so much of a real woman that I’m turned off by the thought of her–although Akiko is neat because she reminds me of a real child, so she’s got some optimism left in her).

And if you’re just going to say you wished what you were seeing was something else you’ve already seen, why bother?

Oh, and Eve’s score is to die for.

5. Sej says:

P.S.

You say “they’ve already had so many android series,” but as I’ve been advocating the rights of artificially sentient beings at a time when they don’t even ask (I had a Mind Studies course in high school and we talked a lot about discrimination against robots), I tend to belong to the “they’ve already had so many human series” camps.

People suck. I hope Yoshiura does more in this universe, or at least with this theme. I actually really enjoy series in which there are human and android characters that cohabit (like in Star Trek: TNG). I wonder what people would say to a series about a community that consisted entirely of artificially sentient beings. I doubt anyone who has that kind of vision would also have the interest in creating it, or else they would just be mirrors of human personalities who spoke in slightly monotonous tones.

6. psgels psgels says:

I write this post a while ago, but I believe that the reason why I decided to blog this was because I thought that there was potential for this short series. One episode however, was just too short for this series to really show what it was worth for me, and it merely set itself a solid base for the next few episodes to work with, even though it basically only established that the androids are oppressed and that they’re beginning to show sentient emotions (both of which have been done before). Oh, and the reason why I didn’t comment on the characters: none of them really stood out enough for me to warrant a comment.

And as a student of computer science, I find it a bit hard to believe that sentient AI would just accidentally “appear”, since it’s already incredibly difficult to mimic the human brains, and I have difficulty to understand that when the programmers just were designing personal assistants, they also decided to make these beings as smart as human beings. Still, if intelligent AI was actually discovered at that point, but also misused, yeah, then I could imagine how people would neglect the endless possibilities of smart computers, then everything seems a bit more plausible. And that’s indeed my problem with this episode: we’ve just seen too little about the show’s setting to really let everything make sense. How were the androids designed? Do other people know that they can think for themselves? Those are some questions I want answered first before I’m going to fanboy about this anime.

7. AlexS says:

Sej: “I tend to belong to the “they’ve already had so many human series” camps.

People suck.”

Holy Cow! Sej, you’re in danger of becoming a sociopathic Dori-kei ;-)

Honestly, I think that the relationship between humans and AI’s is a very rich theme that has not been sufficiently explored, and perhaps Eve no jikan offers an interesting perspective.

I remember reading about how american soldiers in Irak felt an emotional connection to their combat robot, even though it is not at all anthropomorphic and is as conscious as a door knob. It’s just the nature of human bonding, that it is not very specific.

I can only start imagining how things would go when robots are much more human like in aspect and behavior. Chobits already dealt with the subject, but there’s plenty of room for more interpretations.

8. jo o says:

+BITCHES DON’T KNOW ABOUT MY LEARNING FUNCTION+

BRB, *evolution*

9. mike says:

Eve no Jikan does borrow some elements from Isacc Asimov. The three laws mentioned in the first episode, and built on later, were a deviation of Asimov’s 3 laws of robotics. The story seems to flirt with some of Asimov’s notions on how robots and humans would interact on those same laws. I thought the three episodes I have seen are were quite good and original outside of what I mentioned above. Even then it is borrowing and not ripping off Asimov’s work.

10. mithra says:

i don’t like idea of machines having feelings or being same as humans, we are superior cause we are God’s creation nothing made by man can ever be equal to God

I guess I'm considering blood blockade also because I'm burnt out o demanding and old films to some extent.
@Kaiser: I really enjoyed the first season of Blockade. It's one of those cases where I think the delayed of the last episode killed all the exciment regarding the show. I actually fall behind and then catched up again as soon as the last episode was out so I enjoyed everything so much more
@Aidan: makes me really wonder why some of the studios are very uptight about their show's details. Like, they have to know if it is a short series or not, right.
Yet its not exactly a show that fits into being my thing.
Blood blockade battlefront is one of those shows that is always in the back of my head, despite negative biasI managed to at least enjoy some of gungrave, I grew up, sort of with trigun, so with blockade having Yuji Nightow involved theres always that part of me that says to watch blood blockade battlefront.
This is one of the annoying things about previews. You got o the trouble of looking it up and writing on it only for it to get delayed or turn out to be a short series.
ohh, Blood Blockade Battlefront moves back to October airing. I might have a chance to cover it after all. Though look at how it gets delay and the change of director, it yells more concerns than optimism
Yep, Manga is completed at 6 Volumes. But it's kinda weird that the series managed to cover 6 volumes when it's so slow paced. I normally thought that 5 to 6 episodes was needed to cover a manga volume on average.
@anon954341: ACCA will finish in 1 cour, as the manga is already completed and from what I heard episode 11 & 12 cover the last 5 chapters of the manga.
is Acca 13's story going to finish in 1 cour, or is it still ongoing?
Honestly do wonder how much longer anime blogging will be a thing and how much they have to compete with popular youtuber's channels.
I once had some idea of doing a forum with a friend, it never went anywhere.
Aidan gave good advice anon, I still found old posts from when I was teenager archived somewhere online and it made me facepalm.
Eh, I wanted to throw myself into Mario and your conversation about personalities by talking about myself, force of habit.
@Kaiser, Not sure what this rambling is about but good for you...I guess?
@Anon, Blogs take a lot of work for very little in return. I wouldn't try starting one unless you are ready to make a huge commitment. Besides at your age(Based on that comment) it would be best to not put too much on the internet. The internet never forgets and it can come back to haunt you later in life.
The reason I bring some of this up is because I think that even if someone isn't the most emotional person out there, they shouldn't ignore/bash on certain shows/genres because of that, even if you don't get feelings out of it, the story/drama/characters could still be worthwhile.
I do think getting pissed off though is much easier irl than doing it online where it doesn't bother me as much.
And it surprises me alot that I followed so many romance manga years ago, enjoyed them, but I've never been a romantic person irl at all.
I also hate incompetence/failure and am generally not especially patient.
I care about others and appearances mainly to extent it either is of benefit, if I have to or it avoids hassle.
People tend to think I'm cold, articulate, blunt irl too.
I'm not a sentimental or passionette/emotional person irl, I don't like wasting time with other peoples shit and don't bother with it, avoid looking at people or touching them physically, talk in long dry speeches and in general come off as a quiet, reserved but snarky/cynical person.
I probably unknowingly come off as different on this site than I would irl.
Honestly I'd veer towards depressing or surreal/strange/messed up work more out of just wanting to see weird and depressing stuff happen and little else, just interests me, I can't remember the last time I cried.
um i wanted to make my own blog but it wants a email but i dont want my parents finding out
It is weird how we never clash on what we want to cover on each season. Anyway I need someone to contrast my egotisical self so it's all good.
haha, Aidan: heartless grumpy monster & Mario: sentimental sappy bloke. Readers, you got yourself quite an odd combination of writers here.
Anonymous951955
We'll see; trailers can give false impressions
Anonymous951955
Not that all changes from source adaptations are terrible, but in this case, at least the trailer makes it look pretty bad.
Anonymous951955
It looks not great; I understand the need to change it a bit to suit the format/audience, but at what point does it turn from adaption to "loosely based on"?
HelghastKillzone
I'm glad we're past the phase of moe club shows.
@Helghast, now that's something I never thought I would hear.
HelghastKillzone
Hell ya. We are in a golden age of anime that is filled with options and quality.
What a great week! Iron Blooded Orphans, Onihei, Little Witch Academia and ACCA 13 all had great episodes! I am spoiled!
@Anon and @Aikan

The LoGH manga remake has been out. It did not work for me.

I hope he anime goes its own way. I do trust Production IG, so I hope. I think it might not be this year. No lgoic, just a hunch.
@Anon, Only info I can find is that it's coming out this year and it will be by Production IG. But I think you are right in that if it;s coming this year it will definitely be winter.
Feeling rather cautious about the remake myself. LoGH is dated visually but in a way it is a product of it's time and things you could forgive in the old version wouldn't be so forgivable in the new.
Does anybody know when that LoGH readaptation is coming? It's supposed to be this year right? Probably winter right?
But I will give it a full review anyways because all the amount of time I spent in that series should be paid off somehow, right?
But serious Gohands is a studio that had potential its just a shame its wasted on rubbish writers. Although I did like mardock scramble, because cyberpunk =)
If I met handshakers in public I'd refuse to shake its hand =D
Oh, it's actually just an extra Hand Shakers episode that serves as a prequel story. Not that bad then
Not to disregard Hand Shakers, but the best way to describe how I feel about that series is mind-numbing
They tried with that Military guy and his daughter but not by much.
But I do agree that there needs to be more to the characters, right now its JUST Tanya.
As for Tanya, having caught up with it, its a nice trashy guilty pleasure, especially due to the protagonist and I enjoy the setting because I'm a war film fan and like some of the action/politicking. I still do wish it was aesthetically a bit better. The dub isn't that bad and I'd welcome a second season.
In an ideal world Kino's journey would have been a good model for what light novel adaptations can be and SHOULD be.
If we must have more light novel adaptations, I would prefer them to be like Tanya, Muvluv, okay hardly breathtaking, but still better than that thing Aidan linked.
*Sigh* It looks exactly how I imagined it would and its terrible.
Please dont tell me thats an actual title.
In another world with my smart phone light novel to get an anime.

Oh my god...This literally sounds like a joke title you would see within an anime. Tried giving it an honest chance by reading it and it's just shit. Just pure terrible.
If people in Japan are actually buying blurays thinking its a good show then something is seriously wrong with the world.
@Topgavin, maybe too many people watched it because it was so terrible. I haven't watched past episode 1 but it doesn't sound like it improved.
Just incase you guys were avidly waiting for the announcement, Hand Shakers is getting a prequel season because it's apparently selling well......
Should be happy for it, though I'm a bit disappointed that I can't be able to cover it
Inside Mari gets live-action series adaptation. Why not anime?? Duh
Spike
Little Witch Academia finally tips it's hand on the overall plot! I'm pretty pleased and think some direction might help bump it up from just being 'good' overall.
HelghastKillzone
@KTravlos Still watching it week by week and I'll write up a review on the second season of Iron-Blooded when it ends.
@Mario: It is however the kind of anime film that would have the wide audience appeal though, as in anime for people who don't watch anime.
@Kaiser: just prove that people has paid attention to anime. That's an encouraging sign actually
Feck, silent voice was booked out when I got there just now....should have booked in advance, showing at 7:00 on Friday booking it now.
@KTravlos: I haven't, but that more because I'm not a big fan of Mecha genre. I believe one of our writer HelghastKillzone still follow the series
No idea, if you are all still watching MS Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans. I am, and while the 2nd Season toned down some of the elements that made the 1st Season good, it is still pretty good with the last episode doing a great job. If it keeps it, it definitely is head to head with Turn A Gundam for my favorite long-form Gundam Series (I am doing Gundam Origins for the original story)
Mhmm. It was one of those shows it weave adult themes into a kids show, so it had something for both. Now I can also appreciate the artstyle that doesnt use hard black outlines for everything.
If anything I get so much more out of Samurai Jack now than when I watched it as a kid.
Love that dude Aidan. And yes Kaiser, I think anyone get enjoy it now. I love that its back, but even without that its easily standing on its own
How much of this love of samurai jack is a nostalgia driven thing? I'm not knocking that nostalgia but would it be possible to get something out of the show now if I never watched it when I was younger?
Yeah, that conversation was great. Really shows you how messed up hes become. Its also amazing when you realize that was the last set of spoken dialogue in the episode. There was not a single word uttered in the second half.
The audience who enjoyed samurai Jack has grown up, them bringing up seppuku and blood is possibly a part of that.
Scene with the coffins was awesome as was the fight in the dark. My personal favorite part of the episode though was Jack arguing with his old design self. And young jack suggesting committing seppuku made my eyebrows raise. I mean..damn.
I agree Aidan. That quick shot of Jack vs the Daughter, with the sudden blood, suprised me as much as it did Jack. I really loved the scene with the coffins. The music nad sound was just great there.
@Lenlo, It was a really great episode. I love the meta of Jack being worn down by the wait and the wait the viewers had to endure for the new season. I is rather odd seeing blood in Samurai Jack though but it does make that particular moment have so much more impact.
April 16th for NZ. It is a lesser known movie than Kimi no na wa though, so I do wonder how available it's going to be in cinemas
This second episode of Jack was really just amazing. Its making full use of the new budget/tech for the art and of the new rating, along with the impact the timeskip would have on Jack. The cinematography was superb as well.
@Kaiser: Koe ko machi will creen in Aussie in the beginning of April as well. I'll go to watch it; but I would love to jear your thoughts on the movie.
There is a preview screening of koe to kachi on Monday night, depending I may go, I may review it or at least talk about it on here.
I'm dying waiting for the Blame! anime film adaptation to come out in May. I've wanted an adaptation for years.
And I'm too much of a cheap-ass to actually buy anything, don't even use legal streaming for films or anime/manga/comics, pirate almost everything.
Or shelves for that matter.
I've fallen out of the collectors thing pretty much entirely. I don't like to advertise any of my interests on my bedroom wall either.
Some years ago I ended up selling almost all of my anime dvds/vhs and manga, comic books aswell, took down my posters and moved what figures I had left into attic boxes , just no space for it and it was a good way to get some quick extra cash.
I love Rakugo as well, im not meaning to bad talk it at all. I simply also agree with Aiden that slow rolling us with Yakumo's death was poorly done and that its feeling stretched.
Nevermind, the $30 price tag made that decision for me
Weird how I see $8 movies on youtube as a ripoff yet a $90 series as a bargain. All these $300 box sets made me think it'd be in the hundreds. Wonder if I should get rebellion too
I'm still pretty much a fan of Rakugo this season. It goes much darker than the first season, something I didn't dare to think before consider this isYotaro's story. Would love to see more about rakugo's industry but this season does flesh out a lot of our core characters
I said it before but I'll bring it up again, the slow pace allows for, when big things happen to have a larger impact when they do.
*In
**and(not on) waiting for the series to finish
Season 1 showed a lot more, different periods and times, the development of Rakugo, the tragedy of Sukeroku & Miyokichi (or at least one version). In contrast, season 2 was basically about Sukeroku's legacy in the form of Yotaro and Konatsu and their kids, and Yakumo's relationship with death, changing from fatalistic to happiness over the course of the series.
I think it might be 13 episodes, the first season had 13.
To be honest, I understand your point: It's hard to actually describe what happened in season 2. I guess I became invested into Yakumo in season 1, and then warmed up to Yota and Konatsu in this season.
Yeah, I think they certainly could have compressed the front half of the season. There wasn't too much plot going on, but I enjoyed the characters and their interactions, so I didn't mind the deliberate pacing.
I still really like Rakugo, its really good, it just probably didnt need 12 episodes. That said, really lookin forward to the timeskip
@Mario: I've never actually seen any of Olivier Asayas' films come to think of it.
But going back to that dragging on, that did factor in almost making me hold off on waiting for the series to finish before going back. The anon's comment was what got me to watch this weeks episode right now rather than waiting till later.
Rakugo remains at this point still going in too long, but in fairness to the anon, yes the episodes conclusion was effective on emotional level and I bought into the dreamy atmosphere, largely due to the good cinematography the series uses.
Really? Im torn. Im glad they didnt bait and switch us again, but I always liked how grounded Rakugo was so im not sure how ok I am with the supernatural part and some of it felt like fanservice in regards to bringing characters back. The VA though is fantastic as always and I am definitely looking forward to this last timeskip. Cant wait to see the kids grown up.
Rakugo was otherworldly today. Not going to lie, was fighting tears back, but failed at the end.
@Topgavin: the bluray goes by region as well so you can only buy it in Australia/NZ region (region 4). For Madoka I still find it easiest to just go to JB Hi Fi and buy it. Sometimes I find it cheaper from JB Hi Fi than even their original distribution company.
@Topgavin, I ordered my Madoka bluray's from Amazon.co.uk.
Where do you guys buy your merch? Was looking into buying the Madoka blurays but can't find a reliable place to ship to NZ.
@Kaiser: nah, Personal Shopper isn't even a horror. It's just a failed arthouse that have little to say except grief.
...even now. For Raw, I would never expect the positive reactions from mainstream. I think the film really push the tolerance of the voewers, but it was a refrrshing watch.
@Kaiser: now you mentioned 2 films thay I really fond of. I come from Vietnam, so I could easily tell you that the settings are staged. The dialogue is pretty unnatural as well, but the movie grows a lot on me. I still love the striking visual and a long, slow mood the film evoke, and It speaks to one of the theme (women's identity in Vietnam society) that speaks well to me and still relevant...
@Mario: Is personal shopper really that mediocre a horror film?
@Mario: I also got back from seeing Raw a couple of hours ago, though the violence was enjoyable I was expecting it to be more so, it was also surprisingly funny at times.
@Mario: I did eventually see Scent of Green Papaya, while I did like that a plot actually did appear later on I was mostly content to find it a really pretty looking and generally relaxing film.
@Aidan: =< Sorry that anon post was me, was using the work computer and didn't log in.
@Anon, don't do that. Don't hint at future events and just let people see for themselves.
The glasses teacher in scum's wish will have an interesting moment to look out for in the coming episodes, I read on in the manga. Only one chapter left.
*ED instead of OD
@anon928813: usually they will release the music separately from the DVD/Blurays. I believed the OP had released last year, and according to their website the OD gonna release in 5th of April
Does anyone know the release date for Zaregoto's OST? Is it bundled with one of the BDs?
Y'know I'd like to see this Akane-sensei girl attempt to seduce me and just watch her fail at trying to do so.
My guess is that Miura will do another 6 or so chapter run then put it down for another while.
Im so happy Berserk Manga is starting up again, but im curious for how long. I remember sitting through that boat. I was there for all 7 years of it. Im like a hiatus vet now
Pretty much in agreement on titan where after what the first season covers I've pretty much been waiting for it to get back on track before I bother to get back to it.
I should be catching up and sangatsu and acca.
I never saw kekkai sensens first season so there's little chance of me watching the sequel.
Berserk and Natsume I'll just stick with the manga. I don't know about Bahamut, it took me a few episodes to get into before it became fun, but then the ending was disappointing, again maybe there's room for improvement in season 2.
I would hope that eccentric families second season would be able to live up to the potential of building on the first. However it's been a while since I've seen season one, might need to refresh myself.
For the Spring season, it is a season of sequels. From sequels alone, I'll follow Berserk, Eccentric Family, BBB, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Natsume (is it the last season?), How to Raise a Boring girlfriend. I dropped Shingeki no Bahamut after 3 episodes, but might pick it up again before the new season begin.
Before that, Utena and Haruhi.
Gotta love the extend a passionate fan would go. The last time I felt passionate about something anime-wise was Monogatari as there was a period of several months that I watched nothing but that series, and rewatched and rewatched. It just clicked with me personally at that stage of my life.
At this point, ill watch/read anything with Berserk on it. I already own all of the original print runs of the Manga. If I had the money, I would buy everything else.
@Lenlo: I'll be on the same boat with you regarding Berserk. I know I CAN ENDURE it (finger crossed)
Man, your season preview reminded me I soon have to watch another season of CGI Berserk. Im not going to like it, but its a trial I must go through as a hardcore Berserk fan.
Im glad they didnt lose the funny robots in their pursuit of the Grimdark
That flute into Skatman-like singing was great
@Lenlo, I had the biggest smile when Jack destroyed the robots flute and he started singing with his mouth. Looking at clips of the show on youtube I don't think I appreciated just how funny this show was. Also digging Jacks PTSD and the daughters of Aku.
Dude has problems and I loved the singing robot
Have to say, enjoyed seeing Jack again.
Thanks Aidan! Cant wait to watch it tonight
Well I suppose it is moreso samurai Jack wasn't really a large part of my childhood.
Don't know how it is for security but I never really had trouble with it.
Love me some Samurai Jack though
It may just be Malwarebytes actin up. Ill look into it and if its a false flag check it out.
I never really had any opinion of samurai Jack when it was airing.
Oh I'm enthusiastic about Kino season 2, but I want to be cautiously optimistic just in case.
But has anyone read on in the Kino novels to confirm that a second season would have good material to work with, would it fall prey to the light novel curse that apparently many of then weaken by the third volume?
The only issue I've found with kiss is that, in firefox at least, sometimes it slows down my browser but only now and then. Never had any trouble with viruses or mal/spyware on it. Though it won't allow adblock =<
@Aidan: I was surprised at Kino's Journey news as well. Yay for having a new season!!
I have no problem with kiss whatsoever regarding virus. Hehe then try to catch it at Toonami
Yeeeah, sorry, my anti-virus isnt that big a fan of kiss.
You can watch it online at kisscartoon, of course at your own risk ^^
I really want to watch the new Samurai Jack season, but I cant catch it when it airs and dont know where to find it otherwise

Little Witch Academia – 11[Blue Moon]

I don’t mind the lighthearted shenanigans of Little Witch Academia but in my opinion it’s episodes like this that will truly make the show memorable. After ten episodes of mere hints as to the state of magic and it’s history we get a truckload of answers. Why is magic being considered antiquated? Because magic is […]

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu – 24

When I started this season of Rakugo I was under the impression that this would be Konatsu’s and Yotaro’s story seeing as Yakumo’s had reached it’s end. However to my dismay it appeared that halfway through the season Yakumo has hijacked the series. I previously stated that the story of Rakugo has already ended with […]

Saga of Tanya the Evil – 10[Path to Victory]

What am I to say when the majority of the episode is detailing a military operation? I admit that content has become spare in this series as of late and the Tanya vs God battle has more or less been pushed to the sideline. Tanya had one moment here where it looked like her mission […]

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. – 11 [Furawau’s Flowers Smell of Malice]

Really ACCA? Only one episode left and you’re still in set-up stage, with the coup is lingering in the air, but never comes in real form. In fact, ACCA is a series about setting up. Its deliberate pacing can really test the viewer’s’ patience, and I totally understand if most of you have fallen out […]

3-gatsu no Lion – 22 [New School Term – Fighter]

We get to an end of 3-gatsu run but it feels more like a new beginning. Like what I feared last week the last episode doesn’t really have a conclusive ending, instead offers us the new semester of Rei and his childhood and his shogi, which in all fairness are the weaker parts of 3-gatsu. […]

Scum’s Wish – 10 [Fragile and Empty]

This week the main spotlight is heading back to our beloved Akane and two of her relationships preys, Mugi and Narumi. Although I really like the way the show addresses each of those tainted relationships until finally we’d get to the bare bone of Mugi and Hanabi’s core relationship, this episode for me is just […]

Little Witch Academia – 10[Bee Commotion]

I remember seeing a remark someone made that Little Witch Academia would lose half it’s fanbase when the realize that they don’t like Saturday morning cartoons all that much. While most likely said in jest, I find there is a certain degree of truth in that statement. I did enjoy this episode of Little Witch […]

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu – 23

The extended epilogue continues as Yakumo returns home after the theatre burns down. Some are signifying the burning down of the theatre as the death of Rakugo while others are speaking of it as a new beginning. After all Rakugo can be performed anywhere as long as someone is willing to listen. The members of […]

Saga of Tanya the Evil – 09[Preparations for Advance]

A calm before the storm episode as the war with the Republic draws close to its climax. It’s nice to see the episode start off with Tanya trying to rationalize her actions in the previous episode. What may not be apparent from the anime is that Viktoriya has a tendency of coming up with reasons […]

Flip Flappers (Fall 2016) Review – 93/100