Posted by psgels on 3 June 2010 with categories: Ookiku Furikabutte

Ah, crap. Even I could see that this episode was rushed. The thing that set Ookiku Furikabutte apart from all of the other baseball series is that it takes every pitch seriously: it spends time at animating even the most unimportant pitches, treating them like they have the potential to change the entire game. In this episode, you could clearly see the creators rushing through these unimportant pitches. This really sucks. Even though there hasn’t been an official announcement yet, it really looks like the creators are planning to end this match at episode thirteen. There can only be one reason why they would suddenly decide on that.

I knew it was too good to be true, for A-1 to keep such an incredible animation-quality throughout this entire second season, while also animating Working and Senkou no Night Raid alongside it, added to Kuroshitsuji II, Occult Academy and Sora no Oto. They like,tripled their capacity in 2010 or something? The worst thing here is that trying to cram a new season into thirteen episodes just doesn’t work for this series. The reason why the first season was so awesome was exactly because of that gruelingly long match that took up eleven episodes. With this, they took away one of the best parts of this series.

And that really is a shame because this episode really was excellent as usual. Take a look at the point where Abe grabbed Mihashi’s arm tightly and let go of it again: it actually changed colour like you’d expect with a real arm. This episode was full of these tiny details that by far would have surpassed the first season if it actually would have gotten 26 episodes to fully drag out this series.

You can see the lack of time the most at the opposing team. Really, we only got to see a lot of the pitcher and catcher. Who are the other guys? To be honest, I have no idea. They lack the individuality of the team of the first season.

I know that there is still an option for a third season, but seriously: don’t hope for it. There have been plenty of series (and sequels) who suffered the fate of never being completed, even the very popular series couldn’t escape it. It’s the one thing I hate the most about anime: the tendency to not just fully animate something but rather just animate the beginning and then see whether or not the sponsors still feel like it.
Rating: ** (Excellent)

1. Puran says:

Bah, that’s a bummer. I just watched the previous week’s episode (the subs are a week behind more or less) and I was too thinking as you did, how amazingly consistent the animation in this series is, both this season and the last. So it’s kind of sad to see them slip up.

The only other series that has the same consistency is Monster, which while the animation rarely goes into the realm of excellent, it’s never, ever, bad. And for a 74 ep series that’s impressive.

2. Schmitt says:

Oofuri is popular enough to get that third season. They’ve caught up with the manga so after more content is produced for it I wouldn’t be surprised to see it.

It does suck that they had to rush this one out. The first season had all the time it needed but there was such a crunch to get the rest of it animated for A-1 that they couldn’t do it again. An OVA series would have been preferable I think.

3. Machi says:

Looks like THAT happened (which is what I was talking about). At the old pace at episode 8 this would have happened at episode 12, but alas the new pace is 2 chapters and part of the next chapter. So as I’ve said with the other post this pretty much confirms the 12 episode run of Oofuri.

Well at least the pacing isn’t a mess but also at the same time its just not as detailed as the first one. Interestingly that is a point of debate now. Some like the new pacing claiming it allows Oofuri games to be more “sports” like. Yet, I would disagree as I have the same view as you which is that I actually liked how EACH pitch was significant. Yes, its slow but I found that adding to the realism more than a fast paced game. More importantly its ONLY in baseball that we do see Nishiura shine, so the pace only allows us to admire them more.

In any case guess this is a Honey and Clover season 2 syndrom. Not bad per se but also not as good as it could have been.

4. KK says:

Methinks the characters this season just aren’t as important as the characters last season were. There’s no players that stand out on Bijou Daisayama (that’s part of the story, they’re a bunch of faceless players who follow the manager’s commands to a T – the only ones that have seriously got any development seem to be the 2 catchers, one of whom is stuck in right)

5. Anacone says:

I really thought this is one of these never ending stories that span over 5 seasons/years because how slow first season was. Hmm so if they’ve caught manga I’m afraid it’s going to end before it really started.

6. NarwhalTortellini says:

Maybe the new pacing is more “sports like” as far as WATCHING the sport goes, but it seemed to me (though I don’t have first hand experience so I could be wrong) the first season’s pacing was more like what PLAYING baseball must actually feel like for the players. And I found that much more interesting. Most of the same content is there, but it just goes so fast that the tension of each situation just isn’t as fully felt anymore. It’s not terrible at all, but as you say, it makes Oofuri lose some of what really set it apart, and it makes me sad this is how many people will be experiencing this game.

I haven’t watched this episode yet, but I remember it in the manga and I’m scared to see it here. When reading the manga I knew it was coming since I’d been spoiled, but it was still amazing to watch. It felt like the whole world slowed down there. And I just know time-wise they just WON’T have the luxury to imitate that feeling in the anime, and it will change the scene and take away some of the impact. (A LOT of things have had less impact than the manga version this season, to me. I knew it wouldn’t be quite the same but extent of the difference sometimes is just such a shame…)

The opposing team wasn’t looked at very in-depth in the manga, either, though. Though I did feel like I knew them a tad better reading the manga, I guess some teams just aren’t mean to stand out as much. I suppose it’s realistic, if a little sad.

7. NarwhalTortellini says:

Oh, though to clear some things up for other commenters, the anime is close to catching up with the tankobon releases, but in Afternoon Oofuri is currently up to chapter 77 (with chapters usually 50 pages, though they’ve been getting shorter lately…). This episode was around chapter 48. I don’t know if it’s common practice or not to let anime versions get ahead of tankobon releases, but if it does happen, they definitely had enough for a full second season. On the other hand, if it went at the pace of the first season, it would have been a rather odd stopping place. Also, a 13 episode series at least season’s pace would have ended….right where this episode is now! (That is to say, a HORRIBLE stopping place, lol). Where this season is shaping up to end really is the most natural place to stop. Problem is, it just doesn’t fit well into the usual season size. I imagine that’s the reason for the weird pacing, more than anything else. It’s completely understandable….yet I can’t help but be grumbly about it, hehe.

8. p-kun says:

I read somewhere that the 2nd season is only 13 episode. I guess they need to speed up a bit to wrap up everything before episode 13. I think it’ll be a long time before season 3 (if any).

But yeah, Bijoudai players are not given much exposure in the manga as well. It’s a shame.

9. Machi says:

@NarwhalTortellini: Are you the one with a translation blog? And yes me and Inkka have been repeating time and time again that Oofuri anime is not CLOSE to the actual source material. Bijoudai game will run into the 53rd chapter and there are 77 chapters currently. Though my grumble about the pacing is that the acceleration really began with the start of the Bijoudai game, episode 8 onwards, as compared to the previous episodes. Though that isn’t to say A-1 hasn’t done a great job making sure it doesn’t fall apart. But yes I agree about the grumble factor or rather what makes me grumble about it is that this pace has made Oofuri more narrative driven.

Rather than the excruciatingly slow but nerve wracking games one had with the first season, allowing to be such a breath of fresh air for trying something different. You had time to contemplate about the game, something I don’t see much with other sports anime that I found good (Hajime no Ippo and Slam Dunk for instance), and really internalize it. On the other hand with such a decision now well… Its just become more of a matter of progressing the story, the narrative strength of the material shines through but it is disappointing nonetheless to only focus on narrative at this point (lets face it there are a ton of good stories out there so good narrative alone for me just won’t cut it). This is a shame for me because well… lets just wait till episode 12 for that comment but I’m sure you’re aware what I mean by what a waste the pace is with admiring Nishiura for the next following chapters XD

10. inkka says:

I began to know yesterday that the first series that A-1 do in full step is Oofuri.It’s a little shame that they do that to the second season of the first series that they do.But because of this.They can’t abandon this series easily.. right?

At least the pacing turn out to be something that can still acceptable Although it’s a bit rushed.Maybe because it’s Bijou…

You know the charm in Oofuri’s baseball game is the charming opponent team and full-detail baseball match.But bijou didn’t has the first.(Sakitama gets only 3 ep but they can execute the thing that called charming very well).So I didn’t concern with Bijou too much like others.
    More than that I really hate them to play dirty and make Abe injuried and the interaction in this team didn’t look interesing either. So..It’ll better if they cut most of bijou time and gave more time for Nishiura and detail baseball match if they want to do this pacing. At least the detail game will come back…Maybe?

Ahh…If this pacing happened in first season.I’ll still can’t understand baseball for sure.But look like I has some experience from ss1.So I can understand the fast-pace game.Really thanks to ss1.

(Ah..I want to say about some absurd comment about this pacing here. I ever think maybe it’s because it’s summer.You know the tosei game they played in the rain.So the game will be a bit shallow and slow.But now they’re playing under the sun.So the pacing will be faster because of the temperature. I see the color in 2nd season is more colorful than first season too much too.)

Ohhh How can I think that STUPID theory like this? Haha+

and Wow that translator come here! I really want to thank you for your last entry too much.(hug)

11. Matt says:

This anime rocks, i love how the characters don’t take a back seat to baseball. Amazing stuff, i can’t wait to watch 37, i want to know how Mihashi steps up. I thought he showed amazing composure and wanting to proove himself for Abe. I thought he would crumble so easily, you get 35 episodes of i can’t do this with out abe and now he shows some hidden confidence, awesome stuff. I hope he can show what he’s capable of.

Customize
CJayTiiii
Honestly, if you are going to Kyoto essentially no shrine is worth visiting in Tokyo because none of them are as nice as the ones in Kyoto and they are essentially all tourist traps.
If you guys insist I'll give Osaka serious consideration. But again I'd hate to gloss over Kyoto or Tokyo. But anyhow my 4 week stay in Seoul will be eternity compared to the Japan trip.
CJayTiii
Ikebukuro is probably used almost as much as shibuya? Specifically for durarara right around the station (east side) is used a lot. Kabuki-Cho in shinjuku is definitely used a lot but I couldn't tell you in what off the top of my head.
CJayTiii
Also as someone who lived in Kyoto and now lives in Tokyo, I would suggest spending as much time as possible in Kyoto as there is just so much stuff to do there. Tokyo there honestly really isn't that much stuff to do here other than going out to drink I feel. Lol also Osaka is only a 30 min train ride (about 5$ USD) from Kyoto so it's easy to go there for a couple hours
@Mario I'll be home by new years unfortunately, I'll have to settle for Christmas in tokyo.
@CJay Thanks, any suggestions for Tokyo? I'm trying to avoid cliché locations for anime-related scenery. Like Shibuya.
CJayTiii
For Kyoto, Tatami Galaxy is probably the best anime for side by side comparisons. Kamogawa river, Kiyamachi street, and shimogamo shrine are famous areas that pretty much constantly make appearances throughout the show.
@K-Off: Disney Tokyo? haha If it was me I've chosen somewhere more... locally. But who I am to judge as I celebrated last New Year Eve in Times Square, the most tourist spot of them all. But I really hope you can spend some time to go to some shrines for the New Year in Tokyo.
@Mario The person I'm travelling with wants to spend Christmas at Disney Tokyo, and unsurprisingly nearly all places will still be open, same as NYC. Christ, I'm more worried about my wallet.
@K-Off: Makes sense. I'd say better stick in one place for long days rather than short trips in several places. Even 10 days for those 2 places wouldn't be enough imo, well especially during Xmas since the streets will be busy and many places could be closed (I guess?)
@Mario It doesn't seem like I'll go to Osaka, the goal is to explore Kyoto and Tokyo and much as possible for a week and a half. If I can squeeze it in there I will, but that means spending less time in Kyoto and/or Tokyo. The bulk of my trip will be in Tokyo for now.
Yeah, Kenshin had a whole Kyoto act, but it was more historical anw and I feel it didn't explore the city that much (more of a ruined city)
Really, only uchoten Kazoku, tatami galaxy and durarara come to mind. Are you planning to go to Osaka as well? I heard from my friend Osaka is about an hour drive from Kyoto only.
@Anon174851 Ah good one.
@Mike Thanks. Durarara is a good suggestion, but I haven't watched Rurouni Kenshin.
Mike
@Kaiser Sure, the story doesn't do anything for me but it's not a waste of time.
@K-Off You can do pretty much anything in Tokyo I'll bet. Anime in general aside from shows like Durarara don't emphasize the setting very much... Kyoto is more interesting, rurouni kenshin is the first thing that comes to mind.
uchouten kazoku is a really good one set in kyoto!
Haven't heard of it. Anyways, do you guys have any suggestions for favorite anime series set in Kyoto or Tokyo? I'm planning my itinerary and the idea is to take a lot of side by side comparison pictures from their anime depictions to RL. I have YuruYuri, SYD, Detective Conan, and various KyoAni spots in mind, but my brain isn't remembering others.
I'm considering finding some War/military manga to read, has anyone read Gunka no balthazar? Is it worthwhile?
@Anon164960, They announced a second season for it so they ain't done with that trainwreck yet.
Gate
So Rewrite took the "Bad End" route. Interesting. Their choice, not the show of course which was a freaking mess from start to finish.
Ah, reminding me that I have not left Ireland since 2012 when I went to Rome. Although I have floated around the idea of maybe going to Slovakia.
@Mario Thanks, although I'll be working the whole time I'm at Seoul with sundays off. Expecting about 40-50 hours of work a week. Sucks that your trip got canned, in the Winter there's no place you'd want to be other than southern California.
Congrats K-Off. Hope you enjoy the trip. I myself originally planned to go to US on this December but now the plan got wrecked. Should be fun spending Xmas in Japan especially
Got my international drivers permit from AAA today, and it also looks like I'm stuck with over half the travel fees since I've signed myself off the agency plan. It's now official, I'm going to Seoul and then spending my christmas holidays in Tokyo. Been a long time since I left the country, last time was in 2011.
That was me Mario
@Masky: it wasn't, but Gui Niao did mention the pipe has multi-purpose functions: do far he uses the pipe to write, to create a hallucination smoke, to make an actual bushfire, to open the lock, now to be a sword-pipe. What's next? To be a wifi modem? to be a boomerang? to shapeshift into an umbrella?
So Thunderbolts Fantasy :D Totally called the pipe being a sword (assuming it wasn't shown earlier and I just forgot about it)
@Anon146321, typos are hard to avoid when you write fast. What's really important to is that the point gets across, which it did.
Medium not meduim
I wonder if trolls consider people explaining why their trolling is bad a successful trolling .-. I mean, my experience is that most of trolls aren't really smartest or most creative of people, I think most of them are happy if people just talk about them.
@Anon141285, oh come on boy. Put some effort into trolling. You need to get people to actual think you believe what you are saying. Here you have already messed up because you use the old "Chinese cartoons" which is supposed to piss of anime fans because it suggests you are ignorant of the meduim but then you reference the nukes showing full well you know where they are from. You have failed.
Chinese cartoons proof that two nukes weren't enough. Or were too much depending on the perspective
oh, talking about teenage horror female movie, make sure to check out Raw whenever its available online. That is one hell of a fun cannibal ride!
my point is we tend to spend our stupid 20s phase feel like its wasted, but really it does help develop our hobby/sense/wisdom, whatever it is.
I find myself now that I've grown up wanting to punch kid characters from horror films lol
About the watching stories with younger female characters...its starting to feel like I shouldn't be or that it doesn't feel appropriate, actually sort of awkward/skeevy.
True enough. But remember that even Quentin Tarantino had his 20s basically just a movie-clerk, watched movies like a maniac and he made that classic Pulp Fiction when he was like 33
Looking back It feels dickish that I laughed reading NHK.
I mean look at Re-life, I mean ow, everyone went through that.
I think we'll find that stage where we'll get irritated by stories reminding us of our stupid 20s phases eventually just as some teenage focused anime/manga annoyingly remind us of being teens.
In terms of anime/manga, much as I'd still see myself liking NHK I could see myself getting more frustrated with the lead character now being in my early 30s.
In the past year I've been looking at hentai/ecchi imageboards not as often as I used to.
Judy Delphy and Juliette Binoche have aged surprisingly well...
Ah its less fancying/finding them attractive, moreso taking notice of them.
I can understand the others but Meryl Streep too? Man, you're aging I can tell
@Mario: Julianne Moore, Isabelle Huppert, Meryl Sreep, Susan Sarandon, Cate Blanchett.
@Kaiser: like whom if I may ask?
But I'm always interested in women issues myself so Mustang just hit me hard
Its a sign of me aging I guess too. I'm noticing older actresses too now where I wouldn't have in the past.
Looking forward to Under the Shadow too, also really keen to see how The Bad Batch would turn out to be
Strangely I've become more engaged with teen, coming-of-age films recently (well, Aku no Hana is sort of teen drama as well),but yes, old man's psyche is my thing too
@Mario: Synecdoche, the passenger, winter light, anomalisa , wild strawberries , la notte for example.
@Mario: The day is coming where drama centred around twentyboppers won't have the same level of effect on me. Had I seen buffalo 66 5 years ago I would have been all over it. Old man/middle age angst is becoming more my thing.
@Mario: I'm honestly having a harder time getting into films that focus on young girls/teenagers.
@Mario: Theres only a few upcoming films left I'm looking forward to, Elle, Valley violence, whispering star and under the shadow.
@Mario: I appreciate mustang for the issue it deals with and addresses but I felt it predictable and the drama didn't hit harshly enough. It feels like an academy/oscars film.
Kaiser: remember I mention about watching those 96 Cannes line-ups? I think I will get to watch them soon, since I downloaded all the movies already
@Kaiser: btw, you hated Mustang? It's also one of my favorite film so far.
but maybe think of it that way will make the manga more entertaining...
You see Aku no Hana as a dark comedy? haha I'm speechless
Like you Mario I don't care for heavy infodumping and that took me out of the new world.
Bebop had that problem for me in that I saw outlaw star and trigun first.
I still feel aku no hana is a guilty pleasure manga, a crazy dark comedy or maybe thats just my humour.
Hataraku had me laughing up to episode 7, while Amagi felt stale from the start.
Looking back on Baccano I still like Claire and Russo but the other characters not so much, the main series is enjoyable enough but the extra episodes hold back the score.
I've never watched Habane straight through although I have finished the series. Ghost vs ergo? Ergos final episode wrecked the show.
I thing Hataraku was a lot more consistent, but Amagi had some standout episodes. For me the OVA, the pirate ship episode and the school episode were great. "Simply put, we have to go lewder" is one of my fav quotes
How was that by the way? I never bothered to watch Amagi Brilliant Park all the way through because I felt so cynical about it after the first two episodes. Hataraku Mao Sama on the other hand was genuinely refreshing for the first half of the season.
In other news, The Eccentric Family is getting 2nd season. Now I'm filled with joy
Still feel bad to compare an 1-cour series (Baccano) to an 4-cours one. But in this case Baccano would take my cake.
I reckon The Devil is a Part Timer vs Amagi Brilliant Park would be a fun one, and I wouldn't know which would win.
Baccano vs Durarara might make a good matchup. Baccano is the better one but Durarara does seem to be more popular.
Syndrome
Yeah it is a bit obvious and they dont share much in common anyway. Just that they are two of the most well known anime out there. I enjoyed NGE more than Cowboy Bebop, but I agree on the later beeing overall a better anime.
Oh look. Berserks Manga is on Haitus again. Muira...just..at this point I ain't even mad. Just disappointed.
Well, new post on Flowers of Evil is out. Come eat it up.
@Syndrome: was thinking about that match-up (NGE vs Cowboy Bebop) but isn't it too obvious? I always intend to pick something that caught you guys off-guard haha
@Syndrome, no contest. Cowboy Bebop wins outright.
Syndrome
On a serious note, for related anime, I would be curious about something like Ergo Proxy against Ghost in the Shell
Syndrome
Go for NGE vs Cowboy Bebop and watch the world burn
Yeah, I agree it's one of the main factors, but even so From the New World had a higher grade too. But I wouldn't pick Haibane Renmei against From the New World if I didn't think it had a chance to win. Those who loved the former really loved it, while people more appreciate From the New World than actually love it. Well, can't beat the consensus I guess.
I'd say a major reason for that would be the popularity difference. On MAL, Haibane has a following of 110k people, with FTNW having 270k.
I'm personally quite disappointed with the results. Will try harder for a more competitive match-up next time
@Mario, if you say so. I say by now the victor has been decided.
@Aidan: we don't need to sticky the Versus Show again, as I will put up the Aku no Hana post tomorrow anyway
Yeah the brightness got a bit much in some places after episode 18.
I thought the brightness was done well in the episode with Rem sitting beside Subaru's bed and her smiling/crying, but yeah this was too much
@anon125687: my thought exactly. While I was watching it I thought to myself that it's too bright!!
Why do final episodes overdo the blur effect and fuzzy lighting its literally over dramatic cancer. Just let it end normally ffs
afgm
Well, it's hard, since it doesn't really feel finished, so even if you know it will eventually end well if given a chance, you can't really put your full confidence behind those bets
Got a bit long winded in that review and yet I feel like I really didn't get across what makes the series so good.
Well that's the Re:Zero review written up. I will get to work on 91 days next and maybe Prisms Illya maybe after that. Lost all entuasim after they messed up that last episode in Illya. Overall it's been pretty disappointing.
As for that twist. I think they could work it easily into a first episode. The impact would still be there for people marathoning the thing in the future and it would be a good "Oh Shit!" moment to start the second season. If they jump ahead a bit to a certain moment it would actually make for a great opener.
I say the only chance of season two not coming would be if White Fox doesn't like money. Considering that the pace which the light novel adaption has sped up from every few months to a release every month I guess that they want to make that second season as badly as we want it. At this pace they could start a second season in maybe a years time. Maybe every half a year depending on cour length.
Syndrome
Also, if season 2 ever come (that would be a surprise if not, and truly annoying), I dont know how they will manage with the "twist", as something this impactful would come way too fast without any kind of setup. Wait and see, I guess.
Syndrome
After seeing the last Re:Zero I couldnt help but spoil myself, and I kind of understand why WhiteFox went with that kind of ending, skipping what would be a giant shtstorm on the internet. Even though, in a sad world where there would be no season 2, Im still a bit disappointed with the ending. Its nice to wrap it up this way but its a stale regarding the plot and there is no food for thought.
@aidan: you sure are fast when it comes to Re:Zero haha. Alrighty, we'll go with that then
@mario,I am putting up a Re:Zero post. Tommarrow. I will unsticky it for a day and then we can sticky it again.
reaLjustified
@K-Off No worries, it's so messed up. Stay safe.
@Aidan: if you going to post Re:Zero review soon, you can unsticky the Versus Show post, otherwise I will take it down in 2 days
@K-Off: I feel for ya. Glad that there were only minor injuries. I heard a blogger claimed that he did it because of the gay rights. Sound bullsh*t to me
Shit ton of manga have gotten updates but I don't feel like talking about them for a while, lost my appetite.
@Kaiser Living in NYC all my life I remember 9/11, flight 587 crash in Queens, the Hudson River water landing, and now this.
So far it seems most of the people calling it disappointing are those who know whats comes after that last scene and were looking forward to how the fanbase reacts to it. But it would have been a pretty terrible as well as evil way to end the series.
Yeah, I thought it gave enough closure for us to be satisfied yet still desperately wanting the next season.
@Anon120947, I really don't see what's so disappointing about it. I thought it was a pretty solid way to end the series.
I think at most the worst thing that happened in my area was two conmen going around and an gangster attack on a nearby hotel.
@K-off: Honestly, glad to hear you're safe. And having a bomb go off nearby would make me feel paranoid.
@Anon: I'm waiting, waiting for reviews written after the show ends.
Anonymous120947
Feels like it has been done this way in case of a never happening season 2... to kind of close it.
Anonymous120947
Wow, that last episode of Re:Zero was pure straight disapointment... finishing like this feels is real suffering.
Well, we don't know yet. We don't know who did it, if it was connected to the pipe bomb explosion in jersey, etc. But the second device found on 27th street does seem to point the situation towards terrorism.
afgm
Luckily it doesn't seem to be a terror attack
Yeah. I was a good 8 blocks away inside a restaurant so I didn't even know until later. It must have been a pretty small bomb since all the injured have apparently already been released from the hospital.
Damn. Just looked it up. Good thing you weren't at the area when the bomb went off.
Fucking hell, transit is so congested I still can't get home. Luckily it seems like there's no fatalities according to the initial reports, there are still a shit ton of people around central for shelter. I didn't hear or feel the explosion at chelsea, and currently I'm at lenox with my bicycle. So congested it looks like I'm going to have to walk my bike a few more miles before I get picked up. L
Watched The Empire of Corpses. I makes me sad to see a great idea be turned into such a mediocre movie. I think this concept could have been put to much better use but instead it decided to go with the blandest option.
The guy who will direct it is a live-action director who only had Psycho Pass the Movie (not a good one) as an anime director. WTH? Don't know what to think about this new FLCL now
and it will be co-produced by Adult Swim on top of that?
How comes I just noticed this old news that FLCL will get two-seasons sequel...
And by that I mean "Huh, haven't checked the blog for two days"
Yay commenting on two days old blog posts
Finished rewatching Re:Zero and now ready for the finale. Let's see how this goes.
I will be mourning the now dead hope of a somewhat decent Berserk adaption.
The last few episodes were not bad but purely on the merits of the source material and not the adaption.
@Bam: I'll be mourning indeed.
@Anon 112098: I haven't watched Chef, but it has more to do with me not interested in chef's life whatsoever. Is it good?
Bam
I'm out of town until Sunday evening. The Berserk finale post will hopefully be up early Monday mourning, followed by the overall cour review a bit later in the week.
Anonymous112098
Habe u seen Chef with John Favreau?
I am quite upset with how Sliver link handled that scene. It was the one scene I wanted done right. Just that one scene...and they screwed it up.
He scored the Prince of Egypt? I didn't know that, but yeah I remember it had a great score. Also "When you believe"
Well, a lot of his earlier work is just brilliant. Prince of Egypt in my opinion is his greatest work.
*nothing wrong
Well, Hans Zimmer could do nothing really; but that's a reason why I have a bit of problem with his scores. Everything he made are solid but ultimately sound the same to me.
Agree that the music has been excellent. Not only the soundtrack thou, but the sound editting in general is great (that ringtone during the Great Whale for example).
@Mario, Understandable. As much as I love this show, I admit that it has elements I am sure could turn off people.
Also I really should have talked about the music in this series more. It really is a phenomenal soundtrack. I hear they were going with a more cinematic approach to it with Hans Zimmer being a primary inspiration.
@Aidan: it has been a fun ride, I'm glad I stick with it till the end; although I'm not as enthusiastic about it as you are. :)
Re-watching Re:Zero in preparation for the finale. Still is awesome a second time through. In fact the middle part of the series I felt dragged fairs a whole lot better when marathoned though. Noticing a number of things watching the second time. For one Roswell has a really goddamn annoying way of talking. I say I will be giving this on a very favorable review.
Hugh Mungus
@TopGavin, I haven't watched it yet but I hope what you said about the animation isn't too bad because this is where they need to be on top of their game.
So that fate episode was interesting, lotsa stuff happened. Seemed like the animation was worse than usual and my god how could the subs screw up the incantation.
reaLjustified
@Aramus Why would you want to send the picture to your friend? Tell 'em to see it for themselves at the site! lol.
Friend
Most of the time they meant no harm, I think it's always about getting recognition. They quickly take them down after I send them a polite email, and I let them save their ego without smearing them on their page.
afgm
(ok maybe a little fault should go to them lol)
afgm
@Friend: That sucks, but its definitely understandable. People can be pretty thoughtless at times (no fault to them of course).
afgm
tiger mask did make it into the upper quartile though, which is surprising
Friend
@afgm I don't have a large internet presence with my work exactly because I've had situations with theft on Pinterest. For work, I just carry USBs with my portfolio pieces in them :/
Friend
@Aramus Heya, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately the fell image won't be available openly unless for commercial purposes, but otherwise feel free to contact me in my business email! :)
afgm
ah you know what? I read the title Time Bokan 24 and thought it had 24 votes x)
@afgm: Time Bokan receives 0 vote the last time I checked it. I'm more surprised that people love Haikyuu that much
Such a shame because I enjoy writing it a lot
2 more episodes on Thunderbolt Fantasy and I might break the sites' record (hall of shame really) for covering a show without any comment, haha.
afgm
Also what is Time Bokan and why does it have more votes than 95% of the other anime in the poll haha
afgm
well it's always iffy giving out images without the creator knowing. You can never know where its going to end up. I strongly suggest you contact Friend.
aramus1
@Afgm Sorry, I was the anon. The weird username thing is bugging out. And was going to send it to a friend, did she not want it out there?
afgm
@anon: you better not be thinking about refistributing the image without her consent. youre better off contacting her on her homepage...
@Anon108797, In the comments he mentions that it's an April Fools joke. So there is hope for humanity yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bBa44-FIqk Why does this even exist

Thunderbolt Fantasy 12a

Thunderbolt Fantasy – 12

Now, we just have one episode left, but things get even more intense and crazy by the minute, to the point I don’t really know how they would wrap it up neatly. At the beginning Shang Bu Shuan was mocked by Juan Can Yun that he should be titled “Edgeless Blade”, because his sword-style is […]

fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-3rei-11-12-2

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei – 11-12

I will be the first to admit that this season of this series disappointed me. I still stand by my word on this being better than previous seasons of the show but watching it fold out in animation has made me begin to think I was overstating just how good it really was. Though part […]

mob-psycho-100-11-4

Mob Psycho 100 – 11

Looks like I need to eat my own words as it turns out Reigan isn’t the organization’s leader but he managed to convince the guards that he was. This was definitely Reigans finest moment as he makes use of pure deception to catch everyone off guard. He has absolutely no idea what exactly is going […]

91-days-10-4

91 Days – 10

As we near the end of 91 Days I have taken this time to really think over what this show has presented so far and I admit to be somewhat disappointed. Ultimately the ride has been solid and Studio Shuka have delivered on their promise of making a Mafia drama. However I cannot help but […]

orange 11a

orange – 12

For the first time orange manages to do something different narratively. The first half of this week’s episode tells the original timeline in Kakeru’s point of view, and with that we can understand more clearly about his emotional progress, at the same time gives us much more details about his Mom. In the original timeline, […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 91/100

re-zero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu-25-3

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 25

Well it’s over and what a ride it was. Betelgeuse is defeated, everyone is saved and Subaru gets to confess his love to Emilia to leave the series off on a hopeful note. Only thing that would have made it better is more Rem but let us be frank, there is never enough Rem. I […]

Thunderbolt Fantasy 11c

Thunderbolt Fantasy – 11

This week things escalated pretty quickly. Our helpless MC Shang Bu Huan shots himself in the foot pretty quickly. I already suspected it’s a matter of time before his scam will be exploited by Mie Tian Hai, but I surely never would have guessed it’s that early. Shang Bu Huan, hilariously, is just plain terrible […]

mob-psycho-100-10-2

Mob Psycho 100 – 10

Plenty of action this week as Mob, Terumi and Dimple take on the major members of claw. As far as what happen this episode feels a lot like your standard fare for a shounen anime series. The main group infiltrating an enemy base, split up and encounter the enemies in one on one style battles. […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373