Posted by psgels on 26 June 2011 with categories: Tiger & Bunny

And wit this we conclude the first half of Tiger & Bunny. This episode was… interesting, because it wasn’t exactly the best episode of the TV-series. Because the previous episodes built it up so meticulously this episode pretty much did everything you’d expected, without much surprises aside from Kotetsu using his head again. It’s good build-up though: Barnaby and Tiger will receive a lot of development from this episode.

The thing with Tiger & Bunny is that it’s really entertaining when building up, and it looks like the random episodes will continue again after this arc, so this is definitely promising to become even better. It’s there where this series can really start using its build-up of the first half. I expect the second half of this series to continue with a similar pattern as the first half, with it ending with a climax that focuses both on Lunatic and the fact that the entire city looks like the Ouroboros logo.

What I do hope is that that final arc will use its characters more. That’s the only thing that really bothered me in this episode: in the end everyone aside from Kotetsu and Barnaby was pretty useless and the only parts where they actually helped to solve things were just… cut out. I want to see the creators come up with a story that doesn’t just require the powers of everyone, I want them to come up with a scenario that puts all of them in the spotlights. They’re all great characters, they deserve that.
Rating: * (Good)

1. kuromitsu says:

Thing is, this show is not about an ensemble cast, it’s about Tiger & Bunny. The other characters are fun and interesting as well but they’re not main characters. I think it’s not realistic to expect that the show will focus on them any more than it has until now.

In this episode they simply couldn’t have crammed detailed depictions of everyone’s work in. We were shown bits and pieces of what Blue Rose, Dragon Kid and Fire Emblem were up to, some shots of Origami and the others, but there was no reason to expect more. What they did was simply not the point.

2. Rex says:

“mind reading” i fucking called that in the last post! :p

anyway, as kuromitsu said, the focus is tiger and bunny, so of course the rest of the cast wont get as much screentime, but i looks like blue rose will get a lot of development next episode.

3. Outis says:

Personally, I thought most of the remaining heroes got a pretty good opportunity to shine. Origami was the one who delivered the vital intelligence tidbit about how to counteract the bears. They even pointed it out during the episode. Rose, Kid and Emblem took down the mechs, which would otherwise have left everyone still in the palm of Jake and Kriem, despite Barnaby’s victory. Only Skyhigh and poor Rock Bison had to job this time around, unless you count buying time.

Overall I thought the team effort was depicted well, even though it’s ultimately Barnaby who ended up as the figurehead of the rescue plan in public opinion.

One thing I found interesting was that the outcome seems to have solidified Lunatic’s views that evil must be exterminated, seeing how Jake (and maybe Kriem) got ultimately killed in the end, while they were trying to escape. Seems Lunatic stayed true to his word and waited to see where Tiger’s justice would lead, but I think he’ll go back into action now, since Tiger’s justice lead to the same conclusion that Lunatic’s justice would have (at least from his POV).

4. Pafiume says:

Watching this episode just made me angry. “Hey, you got one good kick at the bad guy Bunny so let’s just talk for like a day and ignore the bad guy while he’s lying down and perfectly able to probably stand up, or at least crawl, or at least snap his fingers in our general direction like he does to make his blast attacks.” I mean I know he was like derp i broke a rib, but is he so weak that he can’t even… I don’t know, that just really pissed me off. I guess Bunny choked him a little bit too, but still. He can’t be stupid enough to just sit there and wait for his henchman to yell at him while the guy’s he’s fighting talk to each other for like and hour completely ignoring him before deciding to get up. Oh well, at least Bunny will be less of a bitch the rest of the show, hopefully. No more angst.

5. gandalf8 says:

@Outis: If I’m not mistaken, Kriem survived. In the scene where the helicopter exploded, we can see that Kriem was lying on top of the stadium roof, with Kotetsu and Barnaby. The only one that I’m not so sure off is Jake, who looks like he died when the helicopter came crashing down.

6. Rex says:

@Pafiume

I dont think if i understand your post, i take it you didnt like Jake lying down while tiger and bunny was talking and he could just strike back?
    Its a “typical” movie trope, an untouchable bad guy cries like a wimp when he actually DOES get touched. We’ve seen this countless of times before and this was no different. That explains why he got so mad when kotetsu accidentally hit him.
    And here bunny gives him a few pretty hard hits plus he got choked a lot, so he might have been out for the count. Besides, they had figures out his power anyway so he would be easier to attack.

But like i said, typical movie cliche, the “untouchable god” isnt used to being touched.

7. Alhazred23 says:

So it was a 2-power situation; from the reactions of the other characters, we were apparently meant to think that NEXTs only get one power, since they had also thought that was the case. I wonder if they’ll make anything of it later, or if it was just a one-off fluke to make Jake more dangerous. Ah well… least my explanation made enough sense for Tiger to use it as his ‘fake’ explanation of Jake’s other power. ;P

I agree with Pafiume. Even if its a ‘standard’ bad guy cliche, it was rather disappointing for Jake to go into helpless ‘curl up and cry’ mode while the heroes patted each other on the back after getting a rib broken (which he was lucid enough to comment on specifically instead of just whimpering in pain) – especially since his surprise and fear quickly turned to berserker rage when Tiger hit him. Also, given that Bunny’s power had just been used (and he would easily be able to find out that Tiger was still injured has used his power recently as well), Jake should have been able to realize that the heroes had just used their ONE SHOT to hurt him, and were now essentially at his mercy.

It would have been less upsetting if he hadn’t taken SO LONG to do something (even if was just to try and escape).

8. LilyGinnyBlack says:

Knowing some information on future episodes makes it so that I don’t really have much complaints about the lack of screen time when it comes to the other heroes. Next week we are going to get an episode that will most likely focus on Karina’s crush on Kotetsu, in which she has been daughter-zoned since the moment he met her.

Episode 15 is going to be called “Sky’s the Limit…” and caused waterworks by the creators, so the fandom is expecting a Sky High focused episode and something sad.

There is also the fact that Kotetsu’s family does not consist solely of his mother and daughter.

Also, the Drama CD’s provide some good background to characters such as Antonio and Kotetsu’s wife. Kotetsu and Antonio knew each other since high school, in which Antonio (who is all about manliness) was a delinquent at another school nearby. But eventually became friends with Kotetsu after he finds out that some of his wannabe lackeys kidnapped Kotetsu’s class rep, who was a girl called Tomoe, who Kotetsu then rescues.

There are a lot of hints that Tomoe ends up being Kotetsu’s future wife (she loves heroes and is a huge fan of Hero TV, she helps Kotetsu figure out his superhero name, and by the end of the Drama CD she calls him Kotetsu-kun and he calls her Tomoe-chan…And then gets hit in the stomach for it).

There is also another Drama CD that only just came out and deals with Blue Rose having an Idol radio program. She has her issues with it though and the special guest is Barnaby who basically trolls her:

Barnaby: “Next weeks guest is going to be Wild Tiger.”

Karina: “Really!?”

Barnaby: “No, only joking.” XD

So, by having these Drama CDs and just a bit of future knowledge, I wasn’t all that bothered by the way this episode mostly focused on Barnaby and Kotetsu. Though, I could see how not having it could make it seem like the other characters aren’t getting as much screen time as they could be getting (though the Girls Team was fantastic!!)

Still, as others have said Tiger and Bunny is the name of the show and they are the main focus of this series. I also think that some of the other heroes will have more focus than the others.

It seems that they spent the first half of the series building up Kotetsu’s respect among the younger heroes of the program (Karina, Barnaby, Ivan, and Pao-lin), which is why those characters got more focused episodes. The second season will probably deal with him getting the respect and praise he deserves from the public.

Overall there were a lot of things that I really liked about this episode, then again I am also part of the periphery demographic and they really, really know how to please that demographic, especially with this episode: there was a ton of fangirl fodder here.

Ah, sorry for the extremely long comment. Just thought some extra information on the characters would be good to know. ^.~

9. Rex says:

Yeah, that drama CD was pretty good, and im positive we will also see some of it in the series itself, they have hinted many times at kotetsu’s past, but the first season has been primarily barnaby. Now its kotetsu’s turn. Also his wife sounds like perfect waifu material so thats something to look forward to as well.

Also, something i didnt say in the comments about the past episode, is that we actually got to see just how powerful Sky High is. We’ve been told he is number 1, but never saw him in actual action. But after watching him furiously attacking Jake, he is definetly not someone to screw around with.

10. LilyGinnyBlack says:

Some fans, myself included, have also been thinking that Jake wasn’t the one who killed Barnaby’s parents. I’ve been having this thought ever since the whole “I don’t remember killing them” incident between Jake and Barnaby.

There is also the fact that we keep seeing Barnaby’s flashback, and with each one the scene (as well as the face of the murderer) becomes clearer. The murderer also used a gun, which never really made the “Jake is Barnaby’s parents killer” sit well with me and other fans.

It seems more likely than ever that Barnaby’s parents killer may have been a normal human, rather than a NEXT (maybe a lackey kinda like how Chuckman was) for the leader of Ouroboros (maybe Maverick?) or even Maverick himself.

I’m really looking forward to where the second half of this series is going to go.

11. Rex says:

Yeah, maybe he was just fucking with barnaby just like Lunatic did when he was asked about oruroboros. Good point about the gun, i thought about it quickly but didnt give it much thought after.

But there is a huge overarching theory, that i myself has been proactive about, that the entire government (mostly maverick) is fooling the heroes and the citizens.
    I will try and make it very short so you can put the pieces together yourself:
    – Heroes promote different companies
    – Those companies want the heroes to keep promoting because its so popular
    – Government pays/hires criminals to do, well, criminal stuff
    – Heroes think they are acting out justice
    – They are instead, being used as pawns in a political game of money
    – Lunatic has seen through their plans, but cant bring them down because of his position, he would be found out too quickly and/or it would be too suspicious.
    – Also, he hates the heroes because they enact this “wrong kind of justice”, and he thinks they are in on it, that is why he attacks them.
    – He is neither with ouroboros or the heroes, he is a third party. A joker so to speak.
    – Also, if you look at an overhead map of the city, you can draw out ouroboros logo on it.

there are many more tidbits to this theory, but you get the gist of it.

12. LilyGinnyBlack says:

@Rex: Oh, I know about that theory and am a huge supporter of it. I’ve been a fan of it ever since it showed up on the internet and ever since Maverick really started giving off creepy vibes. I also think that Lunatic may have personally infiltrated the place to take down the whole conspiracy, since he doesn’t really seem to like Maverick or any of the other sponsors really, and he has an anti-hero vibe about him.

Also, while this doesn’t have to do with the big conspiracy theory directly, I also would not be surprised in the least if, somewhere down the road, Agnes goes too far with her obsession with viewer ratings and eventually the other staff members end up going against one of her decisions. Connecting that in with the above theory though, I could also easily see her getting used by Maverick (if he is indeed the one pulling all the strings) in the end.

13. SpacyRicochet says:

Agreeing with the guys that are saying that this isn’t an ensemble show. It’s a ‘Tiger and Bunny’ show (it’s the title that gives it away). I for one applaud the fact that the show doesn’t really focus on all of the supporting cast all that much during climactic arcs.

It’s my main gripe about shounen series in general; “I’m trying to watch Naruto! Naruto! The guy in the title! I don’t care overly much about the idiotic amount of other characters you came up with!”

14. I do wonder if they might be pushing a Tiger/Blue Rose relationship. Also, we haven’t gotten perspectives of Rock Bison and Sky High. I hope the 2nd half addresses that.

I wrote about T&B and its reflection on media & heroes at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/7058545573/tiger-and-bunny-heroes

You bring up a good point that the city looks like Ouroboros. Will the organization even make a comeback?

Customize
Good point, normal users generally just stay anono. ke69Vin?...69...really....that's just sad humor right there.
That was most definitely little Kevin as well. 9vinke6 is obviously an anagram.
@9Vinke6, I don't know what you are trying to share but it ain't an image. Deleting your comment as I don't want dodgy files on the site.
Are you kidding??!! Tokyo is amazing if you want excitement & you want to experience social life. But I agree go to Osaka. If tokyo is like Quebec then osaka is like toronto. More laid back
OPM was a shoe-in. It's showing very good success on Adult Swim on US TV and Viz is throwing big dollars to keep the gravy train rolling
One Punch Man season 2 was announced. Expected but most certainly welcome.
...now I need Re:Zero season 2.
CJayTiiii
Honestly, if you are going to Kyoto essentially no shrine is worth visiting in Tokyo because none of them are as nice as the ones in Kyoto and they are essentially all tourist traps.
If you guys insist I'll give Osaka serious consideration. But again I'd hate to gloss over Kyoto or Tokyo. But anyhow my 4 week stay in Seoul will be eternity compared to the Japan trip.
CJayTiii
Ikebukuro is probably used almost as much as shibuya? Specifically for durarara right around the station (east side) is used a lot. Kabuki-Cho in shinjuku is definitely used a lot but I couldn't tell you in what off the top of my head.
CJayTiii
Also as someone who lived in Kyoto and now lives in Tokyo, I would suggest spending as much time as possible in Kyoto as there is just so much stuff to do there. Tokyo there honestly really isn't that much stuff to do here other than going out to drink I feel. Lol also Osaka is only a 30 min train ride (about 5$ USD) from Kyoto so it's easy to go there for a couple hours
@Mario I'll be home by new years unfortunately, I'll have to settle for Christmas in tokyo.
@CJay Thanks, any suggestions for Tokyo? I'm trying to avoid cliché locations for anime-related scenery. Like Shibuya.
CJayTiii
For Kyoto, Tatami Galaxy is probably the best anime for side by side comparisons. Kamogawa river, Kiyamachi street, and shimogamo shrine are famous areas that pretty much constantly make appearances throughout the show.
@K-Off: Disney Tokyo? haha If it was me I've chosen somewhere more... locally. But who I am to judge as I celebrated last New Year Eve in Times Square, the most tourist spot of them all. But I really hope you can spend some time to go to some shrines for the New Year in Tokyo.
@Mario The person I'm travelling with wants to spend Christmas at Disney Tokyo, and unsurprisingly nearly all places will still be open, same as NYC. Christ, I'm more worried about my wallet.
@K-Off: Makes sense. I'd say better stick in one place for long days rather than short trips in several places. Even 10 days for those 2 places wouldn't be enough imo, well especially during Xmas since the streets will be busy and many places could be closed (I guess?)
@Mario It doesn't seem like I'll go to Osaka, the goal is to explore Kyoto and Tokyo and much as possible for a week and a half. If I can squeeze it in there I will, but that means spending less time in Kyoto and/or Tokyo. The bulk of my trip will be in Tokyo for now.
Yeah, Kenshin had a whole Kyoto act, but it was more historical anw and I feel it didn't explore the city that much (more of a ruined city)
Really, only uchoten Kazoku, tatami galaxy and durarara come to mind. Are you planning to go to Osaka as well? I heard from my friend Osaka is about an hour drive from Kyoto only.
@Anon174851 Ah good one.
@Mike Thanks. Durarara is a good suggestion, but I haven't watched Rurouni Kenshin.
Mike
@Kaiser Sure, the story doesn't do anything for me but it's not a waste of time.
@K-Off You can do pretty much anything in Tokyo I'll bet. Anime in general aside from shows like Durarara don't emphasize the setting very much... Kyoto is more interesting, rurouni kenshin is the first thing that comes to mind.
uchouten kazoku is a really good one set in kyoto!
Haven't heard of it. Anyways, do you guys have any suggestions for favorite anime series set in Kyoto or Tokyo? I'm planning my itinerary and the idea is to take a lot of side by side comparison pictures from their anime depictions to RL. I have YuruYuri, SYD, Detective Conan, and various KyoAni spots in mind, but my brain isn't remembering others.
I'm considering finding some War/military manga to read, has anyone read Gunka no balthazar? Is it worthwhile?
@Anon164960, They announced a second season for it so they ain't done with that trainwreck yet.
Gate
So Rewrite took the "Bad End" route. Interesting. Their choice, not the show of course which was a freaking mess from start to finish.
Ah, reminding me that I have not left Ireland since 2012 when I went to Rome. Although I have floated around the idea of maybe going to Slovakia.
@Mario Thanks, although I'll be working the whole time I'm at Seoul with sundays off. Expecting about 40-50 hours of work a week. Sucks that your trip got canned, in the Winter there's no place you'd want to be other than southern California.
Congrats K-Off. Hope you enjoy the trip. I myself originally planned to go to US on this December but now the plan got wrecked. Should be fun spending Xmas in Japan especially
Got my international drivers permit from AAA today, and it also looks like I'm stuck with over half the travel fees since I've signed myself off the agency plan. It's now official, I'm going to Seoul and then spending my christmas holidays in Tokyo. Been a long time since I left the country, last time was in 2011.
That was me Mario
@Masky: it wasn't, but Gui Niao did mention the pipe has multi-purpose functions: do far he uses the pipe to write, to create a hallucination smoke, to make an actual bushfire, to open the lock, now to be a sword-pipe. What's next? To be a wifi modem? to be a boomerang? to shapeshift into an umbrella?
So Thunderbolts Fantasy :D Totally called the pipe being a sword (assuming it wasn't shown earlier and I just forgot about it)
@Anon146321, typos are hard to avoid when you write fast. What's really important to is that the point gets across, which it did.
Medium not meduim
I wonder if trolls consider people explaining why their trolling is bad a successful trolling .-. I mean, my experience is that most of trolls aren't really smartest or most creative of people, I think most of them are happy if people just talk about them.
@Anon141285, oh come on boy. Put some effort into trolling. You need to get people to actual think you believe what you are saying. Here you have already messed up because you use the old "Chinese cartoons" which is supposed to piss of anime fans because it suggests you are ignorant of the meduim but then you reference the nukes showing full well you know where they are from. You have failed.
Chinese cartoons proof that two nukes weren't enough. Or were too much depending on the perspective
oh, talking about teenage horror female movie, make sure to check out Raw whenever its available online. That is one hell of a fun cannibal ride!
my point is we tend to spend our stupid 20s phase feel like its wasted, but really it does help develop our hobby/sense/wisdom, whatever it is.
I find myself now that I've grown up wanting to punch kid characters from horror films lol
About the watching stories with younger female characters...its starting to feel like I shouldn't be or that it doesn't feel appropriate, actually sort of awkward/skeevy.
True enough. But remember that even Quentin Tarantino had his 20s basically just a movie-clerk, watched movies like a maniac and he made that classic Pulp Fiction when he was like 33
Looking back It feels dickish that I laughed reading NHK.
I mean look at Re-life, I mean ow, everyone went through that.
I think we'll find that stage where we'll get irritated by stories reminding us of our stupid 20s phases eventually just as some teenage focused anime/manga annoyingly remind us of being teens.
In terms of anime/manga, much as I'd still see myself liking NHK I could see myself getting more frustrated with the lead character now being in my early 30s.
In the past year I've been looking at hentai/ecchi imageboards not as often as I used to.
Judy Delphy and Juliette Binoche have aged surprisingly well...
Ah its less fancying/finding them attractive, moreso taking notice of them.
I can understand the others but Meryl Streep too? Man, you're aging I can tell
@Mario: Julianne Moore, Isabelle Huppert, Meryl Sreep, Susan Sarandon, Cate Blanchett.
@Kaiser: like whom if I may ask?
But I'm always interested in women issues myself so Mustang just hit me hard
Its a sign of me aging I guess too. I'm noticing older actresses too now where I wouldn't have in the past.
Looking forward to Under the Shadow too, also really keen to see how The Bad Batch would turn out to be
Strangely I've become more engaged with teen, coming-of-age films recently (well, Aku no Hana is sort of teen drama as well),but yes, old man's psyche is my thing too
@Mario: Synecdoche, the passenger, winter light, anomalisa , wild strawberries , la notte for example.
@Mario: The day is coming where drama centred around twentyboppers won't have the same level of effect on me. Had I seen buffalo 66 5 years ago I would have been all over it. Old man/middle age angst is becoming more my thing.
@Mario: I'm honestly having a harder time getting into films that focus on young girls/teenagers.
@Mario: Theres only a few upcoming films left I'm looking forward to, Elle, Valley violence, whispering star and under the shadow.
@Mario: I appreciate mustang for the issue it deals with and addresses but I felt it predictable and the drama didn't hit harshly enough. It feels like an academy/oscars film.
Kaiser: remember I mention about watching those 96 Cannes line-ups? I think I will get to watch them soon, since I downloaded all the movies already
@Kaiser: btw, you hated Mustang? It's also one of my favorite film so far.
but maybe think of it that way will make the manga more entertaining...
You see Aku no Hana as a dark comedy? haha I'm speechless
Like you Mario I don't care for heavy infodumping and that took me out of the new world.
Bebop had that problem for me in that I saw outlaw star and trigun first.
I still feel aku no hana is a guilty pleasure manga, a crazy dark comedy or maybe thats just my humour.
Hataraku had me laughing up to episode 7, while Amagi felt stale from the start.
Looking back on Baccano I still like Claire and Russo but the other characters not so much, the main series is enjoyable enough but the extra episodes hold back the score.
I've never watched Habane straight through although I have finished the series. Ghost vs ergo? Ergos final episode wrecked the show.
I thing Hataraku was a lot more consistent, but Amagi had some standout episodes. For me the OVA, the pirate ship episode and the school episode were great. "Simply put, we have to go lewder" is one of my fav quotes
How was that by the way? I never bothered to watch Amagi Brilliant Park all the way through because I felt so cynical about it after the first two episodes. Hataraku Mao Sama on the other hand was genuinely refreshing for the first half of the season.
In other news, The Eccentric Family is getting 2nd season. Now I'm filled with joy
Still feel bad to compare an 1-cour series (Baccano) to an 4-cours one. But in this case Baccano would take my cake.
I reckon The Devil is a Part Timer vs Amagi Brilliant Park would be a fun one, and I wouldn't know which would win.
Baccano vs Durarara might make a good matchup. Baccano is the better one but Durarara does seem to be more popular.
Syndrome
Yeah it is a bit obvious and they dont share much in common anyway. Just that they are two of the most well known anime out there. I enjoyed NGE more than Cowboy Bebop, but I agree on the later beeing overall a better anime.
Oh look. Berserks Manga is on Haitus again. Muira...just..at this point I ain't even mad. Just disappointed.
Well, new post on Flowers of Evil is out. Come eat it up.
@Syndrome: was thinking about that match-up (NGE vs Cowboy Bebop) but isn't it too obvious? I always intend to pick something that caught you guys off-guard haha
@Syndrome, no contest. Cowboy Bebop wins outright.
Syndrome
On a serious note, for related anime, I would be curious about something like Ergo Proxy against Ghost in the Shell
Syndrome
Go for NGE vs Cowboy Bebop and watch the world burn
Yeah, I agree it's one of the main factors, but even so From the New World had a higher grade too. But I wouldn't pick Haibane Renmei against From the New World if I didn't think it had a chance to win. Those who loved the former really loved it, while people more appreciate From the New World than actually love it. Well, can't beat the consensus I guess.
I'd say a major reason for that would be the popularity difference. On MAL, Haibane has a following of 110k people, with FTNW having 270k.
I'm personally quite disappointed with the results. Will try harder for a more competitive match-up next time
@Mario, if you say so. I say by now the victor has been decided.
@Aidan: we don't need to sticky the Versus Show again, as I will put up the Aku no Hana post tomorrow anyway
Yeah the brightness got a bit much in some places after episode 18.
I thought the brightness was done well in the episode with Rem sitting beside Subaru's bed and her smiling/crying, but yeah this was too much
@anon125687: my thought exactly. While I was watching it I thought to myself that it's too bright!!
Why do final episodes overdo the blur effect and fuzzy lighting its literally over dramatic cancer. Just let it end normally ffs
afgm
Well, it's hard, since it doesn't really feel finished, so even if you know it will eventually end well if given a chance, you can't really put your full confidence behind those bets
Got a bit long winded in that review and yet I feel like I really didn't get across what makes the series so good.
Well that's the Re:Zero review written up. I will get to work on 91 days next and maybe Prisms Illya maybe after that. Lost all entuasim after they messed up that last episode in Illya. Overall it's been pretty disappointing.
As for that twist. I think they could work it easily into a first episode. The impact would still be there for people marathoning the thing in the future and it would be a good "Oh Shit!" moment to start the second season. If they jump ahead a bit to a certain moment it would actually make for a great opener.
I say the only chance of season two not coming would be if White Fox doesn't like money. Considering that the pace which the light novel adaption has sped up from every few months to a release every month I guess that they want to make that second season as badly as we want it. At this pace they could start a second season in maybe a years time. Maybe every half a year depending on cour length.
Syndrome
Also, if season 2 ever come (that would be a surprise if not, and truly annoying), I dont know how they will manage with the "twist", as something this impactful would come way too fast without any kind of setup. Wait and see, I guess.
Syndrome
After seeing the last Re:Zero I couldnt help but spoil myself, and I kind of understand why WhiteFox went with that kind of ending, skipping what would be a giant shtstorm on the internet. Even though, in a sad world where there would be no season 2, Im still a bit disappointed with the ending. Its nice to wrap it up this way but its a stale regarding the plot and there is no food for thought.
@aidan: you sure are fast when it comes to Re:Zero haha. Alrighty, we'll go with that then
@mario,I am putting up a Re:Zero post. Tommarrow. I will unsticky it for a day and then we can sticky it again.
reaLjustified
@K-Off No worries, it's so messed up. Stay safe.
@Aidan: if you going to post Re:Zero review soon, you can unsticky the Versus Show post, otherwise I will take it down in 2 days
@K-Off: I feel for ya. Glad that there were only minor injuries. I heard a blogger claimed that he did it because of the gay rights. Sound bullsh*t to me
Shit ton of manga have gotten updates but I don't feel like talking about them for a while, lost my appetite.
@Kaiser Living in NYC all my life I remember 9/11, flight 587 crash in Queens, the Hudson River water landing, and now this.
So far it seems most of the people calling it disappointing are those who know whats comes after that last scene and were looking forward to how the fanbase reacts to it. But it would have been a pretty terrible as well as evil way to end the series.
Yeah, I thought it gave enough closure for us to be satisfied yet still desperately wanting the next season.
@Anon120947, I really don't see what's so disappointing about it. I thought it was a pretty solid way to end the series.
I think at most the worst thing that happened in my area was two conmen going around and an gangster attack on a nearby hotel.
@K-off: Honestly, glad to hear you're safe. And having a bomb go off nearby would make me feel paranoid.
@Anon: I'm waiting, waiting for reviews written after the show ends.
Anonymous120947
Feels like it has been done this way in case of a never happening season 2... to kind of close it.
Anonymous120947
Wow, that last episode of Re:Zero was pure straight disapointment... finishing like this feels is real suffering.
Well, we don't know yet. We don't know who did it, if it was connected to the pipe bomb explosion in jersey, etc. But the second device found on 27th street does seem to point the situation towards terrorism.
afgm
Luckily it doesn't seem to be a terror attack
Yeah. I was a good 8 blocks away inside a restaurant so I didn't even know until later. It must have been a pretty small bomb since all the injured have apparently already been released from the hospital.
Damn. Just looked it up. Good thing you weren't at the area when the bomb went off.
Fucking hell, transit is so congested I still can't get home. Luckily it seems like there's no fatalities according to the initial reports, there are still a shit ton of people around central for shelter. I didn't hear or feel the explosion at chelsea, and currently I'm at lenox with my bicycle. So congested it looks like I'm going to have to walk my bike a few more miles before I get picked up. L
Watched The Empire of Corpses. I makes me sad to see a great idea be turned into such a mediocre movie. I think this concept could have been put to much better use but instead it decided to go with the blandest option.
The guy who will direct it is a live-action director who only had Psycho Pass the Movie (not a good one) as an anime director. WTH? Don't know what to think about this new FLCL now
and it will be co-produced by Adult Swim on top of that?
How comes I just noticed this old news that FLCL will get two-seasons sequel...
And by that I mean "Huh, haven't checked the blog for two days"
Yay commenting on two days old blog posts
Finished rewatching Re:Zero and now ready for the finale. Let's see how this goes.
I will be mourning the now dead hope of a somewhat decent Berserk adaption.
The last few episodes were not bad but purely on the merits of the source material and not the adaption.
@Bam: I'll be mourning indeed.
@Anon 112098: I haven't watched Chef, but it has more to do with me not interested in chef's life whatsoever. Is it good?
Bam
I'm out of town until Sunday evening. The Berserk finale post will hopefully be up early Monday mourning, followed by the overall cour review a bit later in the week.
Anonymous112098
Habe u seen Chef with John Favreau?
I am quite upset with how Sliver link handled that scene. It was the one scene I wanted done right. Just that one scene...and they screwed it up.
He scored the Prince of Egypt? I didn't know that, but yeah I remember it had a great score. Also "When you believe"
Well, a lot of his earlier work is just brilliant. Prince of Egypt in my opinion is his greatest work.
*nothing wrong
Well, Hans Zimmer could do nothing really; but that's a reason why I have a bit of problem with his scores. Everything he made are solid but ultimately sound the same to me.
Agree that the music has been excellent. Not only the soundtrack thou, but the sound editting in general is great (that ringtone during the Great Whale for example).
@Mario, Understandable. As much as I love this show, I admit that it has elements I am sure could turn off people.
Also I really should have talked about the music in this series more. It really is a phenomenal soundtrack. I hear they were going with a more cinematic approach to it with Hans Zimmer being a primary inspiration.
@Aidan: it has been a fun ride, I'm glad I stick with it till the end; although I'm not as enthusiastic about it as you are. :)
Re-watching Re:Zero in preparation for the finale. Still is awesome a second time through. In fact the middle part of the series I felt dragged fairs a whole lot better when marathoned though. Noticing a number of things watching the second time. For one Roswell has a really goddamn annoying way of talking. I say I will be giving this on a very favorable review.
Hugh Mungus
@TopGavin, I haven't watched it yet but I hope what you said about the animation isn't too bad because this is where they need to be on top of their game.
So that fate episode was interesting, lotsa stuff happened. Seemed like the animation was worse than usual and my god how could the subs screw up the incantation.
reaLjustified
@Aramus Why would you want to send the picture to your friend? Tell 'em to see it for themselves at the site! lol.
Friend
Most of the time they meant no harm, I think it's always about getting recognition. They quickly take them down after I send them a polite email, and I let them save their ego without smearing them on their page.
afgm
(ok maybe a little fault should go to them lol)
afgm
@Friend: That sucks, but its definitely understandable. People can be pretty thoughtless at times (no fault to them of course).
afgm
tiger mask did make it into the upper quartile though, which is surprising
Friend
@afgm I don't have a large internet presence with my work exactly because I've had situations with theft on Pinterest. For work, I just carry USBs with my portfolio pieces in them :/
Friend
@Aramus Heya, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately the fell image won't be available openly unless for commercial purposes, but otherwise feel free to contact me in my business email! :)
afgm
ah you know what? I read the title Time Bokan 24 and thought it had 24 votes x)
@afgm: Time Bokan receives 0 vote the last time I checked it. I'm more surprised that people love Haikyuu that much
Such a shame because I enjoy writing it a lot
2 more episodes on Thunderbolt Fantasy and I might break the sites' record (hall of shame really) for covering a show without any comment, haha.

91-days-11-4

91 Days – 11

So this is it? This is the grand master plan of Avilio’s brought to full fruition? I guess it is and let me say that it’s certainly a let down. Edmond Dantes Avilio is certainly not as his plan pretty much feels like he was going along with the flow and calling it a plan. […]

Thunderbolt Fantasy 12a

Thunderbolt Fantasy – 12

Now, we just have one episode left, but things get even more intense and crazy by the minute, to the point I don’t really know how they would wrap it up neatly. At the beginning Shang Bu Shuan was mocked by Juan Can Yun that he should be titled “Edgeless Blade”, because his sword-style is […]

fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-3rei-11-12-2

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei – 11-12

I will be the first to admit that this season of this series disappointed me. I still stand by my word on this being better than previous seasons of the show but watching it fold out in animation has made me begin to think I was overstating just how good it really was. Though part […]

mob-psycho-100-11-4

Mob Psycho 100 – 11

Looks like I need to eat my own words as it turns out Reigan isn’t the organization’s leader but he managed to convince the guards that he was. This was definitely Reigans finest moment as he makes use of pure deception to catch everyone off guard. He has absolutely no idea what exactly is going […]

91-days-10-4

91 Days – 10

As we near the end of 91 Days I have taken this time to really think over what this show has presented so far and I admit to be somewhat disappointed. Ultimately the ride has been solid and Studio Shuka have delivered on their promise of making a Mafia drama. However I cannot help but […]

orange 11a

orange – 12

For the first time orange manages to do something different narratively. The first half of this week’s episode tells the original timeline in Kakeru’s point of view, and with that we can understand more clearly about his emotional progress, at the same time gives us much more details about his Mom. In the original timeline, […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 91/100

re-zero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu-25-3

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 25

Well it’s over and what a ride it was. Betelgeuse is defeated, everyone is saved and Subaru gets to confess his love to Emilia to leave the series off on a hopeful note. Only thing that would have made it better is more Rem but let us be frank, there is never enough Rem. I […]

Thunderbolt Fantasy 11c

Thunderbolt Fantasy – 11

This week things escalated pretty quickly. Our helpless MC Shang Bu Huan shots himself in the foot pretty quickly. I already suspected it’s a matter of time before his scam will be exploited by Mie Tian Hai, but I surely never would have guessed it’s that early. Shang Bu Huan, hilariously, is just plain terrible […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373