Posted by psgels on 5 July 2011 with categories: Steins;Gate

Okay, so I do think that Okabe was overacting a tad too much in the first half of this episode. This stands out more than usual because the acting in this series was always so great, but that’s where the melodrama got a bit too much, especially because it caused him to not think of the obvious solution of using the time machine to travel further back in time. I also think it was a bit cheap for this episode to just “announce” that Okabe tried every possible way to save Mayuri: I understand that it was for time issues, but I would have liked to have seen Okabe to try some more and exploit other possibilities.

On the other hand though, this episode got right back on track when Christina returned to the main picture. Her level-headedness was exactly what Rintarou needed, and the plot turned really interesting with the actual introduction of leaping beyond the 2,5 hours of the previous episode. The big twist at the end that Suzuha turned out to be John Titor makes perfect sense. The prospect of severely altering time in the next episode also makes yet again for one hell of a cliff-hanger.

I do have to wonder what Suzuha meant with that the Y2K problem was one of the moments where world lines greatly converged based upon the choices made. Of course I was only 12 when it happened, but was it really as important as the Gulf War? I rather would have guessed that 9/11, the invention of the internet or the birth of social media would have counted as that.
Rating: ** (Excellent)

1. jmsm says:

Overacting? I have to disagree. I mean, he was desperous, try to put yourself in his position… If it was me, i couldn’t think properly. That’s why Kurisu is so important. Just as you said, she put Okabe back in the track.

What a show… I can’t wait for the next one! Keep it up Psgels! ;)

2. kurini says:

I thought Suzuha had a time leap but she turns out to be a time traveler :O It’s not suprising but it makes the story way more interesting!

Haha, now I know how years old is psgel! XD

3. kurini says:

Now I think about it, maybe Kurisu didn’t die because suzuha came and splited the world line :O

4. Frost says:

So why did Suhuza wait for something like this to happen before spilling the beans? Let me guess… She thought no one would believe her if she said it earlier

Anyway I love this.. 11/10 right now

5. UnknownVoice says:

Y2K if it was real, could have destroyed the infrastructure of WHOLE WORLD.

yes it was more serious probability than 9/11.

6. garfield15 says:

“because it caused him to not think of the obvious solution of using the time machine to travel further back in time”

#1: He can only travel back 48 hours
    #2: Even if he travels back said 2 days and cancels the experiment, SERN will still know that he hacked into them. He will still be hunted by them
    #3: No matter what he tries (currently), in that time frame, Mayuri will still die at that particular time so travelling back further will be pointless.

7. barat says:

For one, Okabe acted like any normal human would in such a situation. You can’t tell me witnessing your friend die several times and not being able to prevent it, you’d be calm cool and collected. You’d be going freaking nuts.

As for Y2K problem I’m guessing there are world lines in which the bug destroyed the whole world. Wasn’t that obvious guys? Like how there would be world lines for the Gulf War were like it became WW3 or something.

The thing I love about this series is that it doesn’t treat the viewer like an idiot. It presumes that the viewer is of somewhat intelligence to have watched up until now and it keeps throwing some intelligent and creative curve balls. It’s brilliant.

Let’s not forget the art direction was brilliant in this episode. The scene where Mayuri is shot in the car and the screen becomes white and cracks with lines of red. Was very artistic.

Alright that’s it for me. Thoughts?

8. Wolf says:

I’m old enough to remember Y2K clearly. It was a HUGE issue… Well, it was until January 1, 2000, when everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

9. Wolf says:

The fears about Y2K were astronomical. Airplanes were expected to fall from the sky, the global banks were expected to crash, nuclear power plants were expected to exlode. Even the less-than-paranoid made a point of purchasing extra water and canned foods, just in case. The most paranoid purchased artillery and those paranoid AND wealthy purchased and/or built underground bunkers to survive nuclear fallout.

10. Rex says:

Ah, Y2K, its been a long time since i heard that. I actually smiled when they mentioned it in this episode, brings back memories.
    I remember you could even buy a hardware device that you plugged into a free ram slot in your computer, that would protect your pc from the bug. lol!

But like others said, Suzuha mentioned big events in recent times where the fate of the entire world COULD have been changed. And if Y2K had happened, your blog wouldnt exist psgels.

Either way, i didnt think he was overreacting, you have to remember that first of all, okabe is supposed to be 17! Yes freaking 17 (or was it 18?). lol japan. Anyway, so first of all, he isnt very old, secondly he cant handle a crisis very well, not to mention the fact he cant save his childhood friend. Knowing she will die whatever he does is quite a hard fact to swallow.

Also another thing: When okabe says he cant change mayuri’s fate, we see a quick glimpse of mayuri turned to green jelly with her hands stuck in the wall behind her. Now THATS pretty damn interesting to note, seeing as one would only turn to jelly if you PHYSICALLY travel back in time, with a 2010 timemachine (i mention it as a “2010 timemachine”, as suzuha’s from 2036 is obviously good enough to travel with people back in time without turning into jello).
    I wonder how that happened?

11. chounokoe says:

I have to agree with everyone. Even though I was only 15 back then Y2K was a huge deal…I’m normally not that easily scared or paranoid, but that one even got to me. Had it actually happened it would have had a huge impact on world history…it basically would have destroyed all leading nations.

Looking back on it, I’m still kinda surprised how it went by without anything happening at all…the date just switched and it was a simple day like any other…just in a new century.
    It’s not that hard to imagine that maybe many more things happened in the background that we never actually witnessed, which might even have lead to a grave difference in how the world ended up.

Well that’s what Steins;Gate stresses, isn’t it?! It’s just a matter of 1% to turn the world upside down and even smaller things can be a huge deal to an individual…
    The difference in worldstructure is just a bit over 0,33% from what I suppose is Okabe’s original world line…that’s just a third of 1%, something we perceive as almost nonexistent. Yet this difference is big enough to make Akiba into a whole different town, keep all the Otaku in Nakano, prevent one woman from dying, wake a sleeper assassin, turn a guy into a girl, make a store have Dr. Pepper…and probably many other different things as well.

12. Wolf says:

Can anyone explain to me why, for just a brief instant, Mayuri is shown as a jelly man? If you can’t do it without spoiling something, I’d prefer not to know. But, it definitely caught my eye.

13. garfield15 says:

One of the time leaps. In it, Mayuri was attempted to be sent back, but she was jellyfied. There were a lot of time leaps, and it would have been hard to show them all in the timeframe of this show

14. gecd says:

SERN kidnaps mayuri, use her for their experiment and sent the pic to okarin

15. sadakups says:

I had a Fringe feeling in this episode.

16. MooN says:

I have a faint feeling suzuha is actually okabe’s daughter or something..

Remember Suzuha said she came here to meet her dad.. and there was a point whereby it will decide whether she stays or leaves..

And.. Okabe turned up to stop her from leaving..

17. kkg says:

with Y2K we had TWO PROBLEMS.
    One is the computer bug, the other being the day before was the end of the world! lol

18. Suzushina Yuriko says:

The dates Suzuha mentioned as being major issues that determined significant world lines were actually the events the original John Titor predicted as being catastrophic. I think it’s pretty cool how the show implies that our current world is the result of someone diverting the world lines so that the things John Titor predicted were avoided.

Overly dramatic? He’s seen his closest friend die multiple times and couldn’t do anything about it. Okabe’s reaction is natural and not overacting at all.

To MooN – I think Suzuha would know if Okabe was her dad. It was implied in this episode that he contributed greatly to time travel in the future because he made the divergence meter. Suzuha does not know the entire identity of Barrel Titor but she knows Okabe Rintarou quite well. The facts don’t add up.

19. Wolf says:

@Suzushina Yuriko
    You’re assuming that everything the girl said has been said in truth. If we were to take everything she’s said as truth, then little would make sense. For example, she believes Kris to be bad news, yet she showed the opposite of hostility to her in this episode; she has said that her father is Barrel Titor (I bet it’s because he’s fat lol), but that she is unaware of any John Titor. Furthermore, there was that strange point where the time line changed such that John Titor did not travel back to 2000.
    And, would someone please extrapolate on Jel-Mayuri???

20. hurin says:

Y2K was a big problem, the reason nothing happened was it got solved in time. This then gave many the false impression there was no problem to begin with.

The problem started back in the 70’s, when RAM was extremely expensive. To save RAM programmers would often only use the last two digits of a year, so 1975 would be programmed as 75, and 2000 would become 00, see the problem?

21. yajyaj says:

in some episode she wanted to meet her dad at the same time and place as daru had a apointment, just the dmail stoped that, so i guess daru is her dad

22. m says:

The ‘real’ John Titor was also a Y2K crank, and there was also the whole ‘end of the world’ bit from superstitious people. It makes for a convenient anchor for the audience too.

23. Scruffy says:

Y2K certainly did cause real problems. For instance in New Zealand a bug in the PLC’s in an Aluminium smelter caused all the pot lines to shut down which caused a massive amount of damage to the plant. It just didn’t cause the end of the world :) I remember a paranoid friend of mine left London and came back to NZ because he thought it was safer here. ALSO, it managed to find gainful employment for those COBOL programmers!

24. oroboros says:

Yes, @MooN I got the same, distinct feeling. Somewhat similar to Phoenix (Rachel Summers) from the X-Men when she traveled back in time before she was born to meet her parents Scott Summers & Jean Grey, but in a different timeline where the original Phoenix didn’t die.

25. Rex says:

Suzuha is Daru’s daughter. No its not a spoiler, its actually VERY obvious in the episode where she says she will look for her dad.

I just want to know, beside from my post above, where the original john titor is.

26. Suzushina Yuriko says:

@ Wolf – I heard that the game actually had Suzuha and Kurisu fight and then make up, which would explain the lack of hostility. She said that her father is Barrel Titor, but I don’t remember a point in time where she said she didn’t know of John Titor – in fact, she actively encouraged Okabe to contact him instead. It’s very possible that Okabe’s shifting from world line alpha to world line beta caused the identity and destination of John Titor to change.

I don’t think Suzuha is lying. There’s no reason for her to lie in the first place if Okabe actually contributed to her cause in 2036, meaning that he’s trustworthy.

For Jel-Mayuri, I heard that SERN kidnapped her, used her for an experiment, and Moeka sent the picture to Okabe later.

27. AKI says:

Steins;Gate is way too good! I’m wishing I could watch Episode 15 right now. >.

28. Anon says:

You’re younger than I thought! Opinions diverge greatly on whether the Y2K problem was anywhere as big a threat as all the hype back then would have you believe. Whether because of the tremendous resources spent on “fixing” it or simply because the problem was minor to begin with, once 2000 rolled over there were only a few actual problems and all of them quite minor.

What we can say for sure is that there was a lot of hype propagated on purpose, with the intent of making people pay for fixing problems that in many but not all cases were nonexistent. You can be sure that some people made a good profit on this :)

With 2012 coming close, doomsday propagandists should be ramping up their campaigns in the coming months once again.

29. Fedek says:

One of the most unique anime series in history, im playing the game.

The anime is such a good adaptation.

I want games to be adapted like Stein; Gate

All of the important dance scenes for Yuri were fantastic, its just some minor one off characters and some reused ones that were an issue, so no they are better than the CGI
Anonymous1190387
Is it worse than those CGI dance scenes in some anime?
@Puran, It is pretty surprising how well that story turns out. I say IG might do the job even if there animation isn't the most consistent. The one thing I am worried about is those necks though. In the PV those things were ridiculously long.
Puran
Fair enough, recycling the animation was bad, agreed. But the animation itself was really good.
See, I found the repeated dances in Yuri one of the worse parts. Alot of it was recycled animation and certain characters were obviously rushed/not done. Some were amazing, cause they took their time, but others looked terrible.
Puran
I kinda wish Mappa was doing the anime though. Yuri on Ice had really nicely animated dances (and was more or less the only actually good quality of that show :P )
Puran
Reading the Ballroom e Youkoso manga has made me really excited about the Anime.
Kaiser_Eoghan
@Aidan: I'm particularly turned off by bully/bullying cliches these days. I've only read the first two volumes to see how awful she was but I ended up simply losing track of the series and stopped reading.
Kaiser_Eoghan
@Mario: Actually that has changed, I had to pick a different day to see it given changes in schedule, I've booked it for NEXT Wednesday now. I've watched Akira about four times.
Oh, Rising of the Shield Hero is getting an anime adaption. Hmmm...honestly after finishing the series and looking over it as a whole I am not sure I even want that. Plus seeing Bitch Animated...would fill me with rage.
I intend to re-watch Akira soon, probably this weekend. It has been almost 10 years since my first watch and now I don't remember much about that one. Thought it was intriguing and complex but not as acclaimed as people hyped it to be (I'll pick Ghost in the Shell anytime). Wonder how I'd feel now after re-watching it.
@Kaiser: I remember you mentioned that you were going to watch In this Corner of the World today right? How was the movie Kaiser?
Oh cool, food wars is getting a 3rd season
Ballroom youkoso appears to be leading the polls.
@Mario: Fumiko is a female mangaka yes. Also I found bokura no hentai worth reading.
yep, I finished that manga too and I have conflicted feeling about it. Yuri(!) part and fanservice are to blatant but they have a purpose. This mangaka (not sure but I think she's a girl) has some unique voice.
....well I skimmed that manga. And it was weird
By all appearances,Sakura is normal,albeit sheltered junior high school girl who enjoy talking about love and walking home from school together.However,they also happen to inhabit a strange and supernatural world populated by mysterious,gigantic beings and unusual plant and animal life.Amid their peaceful lives,Sakura becomes very interested in something only alluded to exist in old books: dicks
Here's a synopsis of other manga from the same author, I think you'll have a better idea of his theme -
Sakura no Sono
Pretty much what Masky said. I am not really praising it. Anyway I plan to read one or two more chapters to see where it's going. But if it's going in the direction I think it's going then I am dropping this one fast.
Kaiser_Eoghan
There is of course the underlying concern that it will go a very ugly route with that development or it could become edgy/horribly minipulative, but for now it is as mario said, a hook.
Well. overall I don't dislike what I read there. It has good hook and I'm intrigued to know more what the hell will happen. Good set-up for me. I'm in
@Masky: it's fine Masky, since I will chec itk out any way and see it for myself ^^
So since you guys started being interested, I checked it out and uh.. Yeah, not reading. I think ye guys misunderstood Aidans warnings since that was just fucked up and not in the interesting way.
@Aidan: Berserk will never again go more than 3-4 months without a hiatus.
Hmmm, that manga Cutie Mutie sounds good to me. I might check it out later today
@Aidan: But had you not alluded to that scene, I may have seen the cover of that manga and skipped over it.
@Aidan: I had a feeling, sort of, sad, I am intrigued to read more.
Hyping and warning are not the same thing.
Well with Aidan hyping up the horrors of cutie mutie I may as well glance at it to see what he' on about.
There are three manga with the name rec.
I am familiar with the artist for cutie mutie, she did that manga about the three kids dealing with gender/orientation issues.
Oh look Berserk is on Haitus again....
.....the sad thing is that it comes as expected now.
For reference the two I read were Cutie Mutie and Rec. Be warned, the first one goes to a rather uncomfortable level.
@Masky, Read two manga. One started lighthearted and then went to really dark territory. The other one looks like it's about a really dark subject but turned out to be something more lighthearted.
@Mario, Alright. Tested it now so it such be fixed. Try again.
@Aidan: Huh? What you read that turned dark/didn't turn dark? .-.
"too many answers selected for question 1! only 3 answers allowed!"
@Aidan: I still have the same issues. Weird
@Mario, Wasn't my intent. Try it now and you should be able to pick as many as you want.
@Aidan: I'm not allowed to vote more than 3 votes. Is it your intention Aidan?
Well that was weird. I read something that looked innocent but turned out to be really dark. Then something that looked really dark only to become innocent.
Yeah, nothing that interests me I see :D Like my strongest reaction to season preview was "Someone made isekai with smartphone? Really? REALLY? Thats best idea you had"
Ah Knighs and Magic, found that manga. It was boring enough for me to forget its name. Also besides being boring, I kinda find MC unlikeable since their only personality is that they like mechas and were a programmer before renicarnating as short bishie kid
Woo, time to vote stuff
@Kaiser: that movie In this Corner just getting more and more acclaimed huh? Thou I think it'a a type of movie that if you have high expectation for it you will likely be disappointed. It works best as a sleeper hit
As for cute monster girls, most of the time I don't find them cute at all. I know I'm being racist, but...
@Lenlo: I'm guilty with that cute girls genre, as i enjoyed K-On tremedously for example. Or If I have more time I'd follow Hinako Note this season ^^
They don't always adapt all that well or work as well outside of manga format, especially 4-komas.
*three
The only two of any interest were hidamari sketch, azumanga daioh and yuru yuri and that was largely down to being in the mood for them a few years ago.
@Mario: Personally, I have 0 interest in this Monster girls doing cute things subgenre, just like I have very little interest in the cute girls doing cute things major genre.
@Mario: As it turns out I DID read in this corner of the world. I'll also be seeing it next thursday.
@Kaiser: at this moment I'm very skeptical with the whole Monster girls doing cute girl subgenre, so I'm approachig Centaur with a caution. Of course, it all depends on how I feel after the first episode
@Kaiser: Happy End isn't as bleak aa his other works. But it's certainly Hanake's films, as it explores many of his favorite themes: the voyeurist of camera in his Benny's video, the detachment to the world and the underlying violence. Not his best thou but it's still very good
I think I'd be up for watching jigoku shojo, its been a long time since I watched the original two seasons and this one won't be as long, so it won't get as repetitive.
I voted centaur no nanami on the poll, think Mario could cover it.
@Mario: How did did you get on with Happy end? I heard its like a mix of his best works. Is it as dark and depressing?
I have vague memories of in the corner of the worlds manga, unless I'm mixing it up with something else.
Some news, Lu Over the Wall won the best prize at this year's Annecy (the 1st anime won the award since 1995's Pom Poko), with In the Corner of the World took the Jury Prize. Quite a good showing for anime this year.
@Anon, Hello.
Really, still no vote for Kakegurui?? I thought it would take the top poll for sure
That 18if, even the poster doesn't make much sense, but it looks dazzling ^^
go-go licensed products!
@Lenlo: and Madhouse is the studio behind that Marvel rip-off. Are they really going that low for profits?
Lookin forward to Kakeguri next season, but thats the only thing thats really caught my eye
Well, you have to watch Marvel next season right?
And done. I swear these previews take a lot out of me.
Almost done....almost done...
KT
Attack of Titan, ended ok. But man the production values had gone down.

Virgin Soul had a okish episde

Re:Creators continues to rock for me.
@Mario: I liked the 70s version ending, it was mean spirited =P
@Mario: The original used its one room location quite well and dim lighting in parts, very closed in/claustrophobic.
@Kaiser: just finished the Beguiled and it was much better than I expected. Like, I didn't expect it to be that well shot. The guy was put in a passive role than active here, which help the theme imo. Also, the ending admitedly isn't for everyone but I liked it just fine
@Kaiser: using a black girl? The girls in this one are all white :(
Sato in Re:Creators isn't doing himself any favors is he? Honestly the more I learn about him, the less likable he becomes.
It was a good film though, one of scarjos better moments.
@Mario: As for Sofia, I'm only familiar with lost in translation, which I haven't seen since it originally came out.
@Mario: Everyone goes on about Francis' for the Godfather, the conversation is massively underated and apocalypse now is better, but it has to be the theatrical cut.
@Mario: I guess it was probably seen as progressive in its day by way of using the black girl.
@Mario: Very very cynically 70s of course.
@Mario: Actually just happened to finish it there, I felt it stood out for its somewhat successful gothic feel and aesthetic and Eastwood's performance which shows how well he can command the audiences attention even when he isn't shooting people. Kind of liked how it got slightly grisly later on. It makes a small effort in giving one line backstories .
@Kaiser: the original movie isn't that well-received. It's more like an exotica film where the main guy (Clint Eastwood) hooks up girls of all ages. This one I heard has a good spin on feminist angle. I'm sure is intrigued but Sofia Coppola's filmography has been mixed for me
....I doubt any one has ever heard of this....I know I didn't, I haven't read it either but I came across some weird old Blacksploitation manga, probably from the 90s, Blast knuckle or something...
@Mario: Still remaking the beguiled might be good, we need more modern westerns.
@Mario: I suppose I can busy myself with the original 70s version of beguiled. At the moment I've been focusing on old Japanese films, they had such a good film industry, it makes it hurt so much more now knowing that all they do now is shit live action adaptations.
@Kaiser: gonna be a long day for me with the screenings of The Beguiled, Wind River, The Other Side of Hope and Happy End
Now I need to re-watch 08th ms team.
I watched 4 hours straight of Gundam the origin, hit me with a hard punch of nostalgia, actually seeing his backstory rather than hearing about it is a good thing, I enjoyed the action scenes, it was high-melodrama but well used and more Char is always a good thing.
I think I'll just put Kado on hold for now and see whats being said about future episodes of it, I'm too unsure of it being worth it or not at the moment.
I want to comment on a humble indie game called Sakuna of Rice and Ruin. Is a simple hack and slash similar to Muramasa and Dust: Elysian Trail. The game has a scarf mechanic that is very fun to use to evade attacks and throwing stuff. It kind of reminded me of those Mickey games from the Snes and the visuals reminded me of Pocky and Rocky. Its a game to play on a sunday, simple, fun and relaxing.
From the stuff I played Dragon Ball FigtherZ seems legit at capturing the speed of the battle and feel of the action.
Back from E3. Nintendo is still my main jam. The Rabbids game seems better than I think anyone could imagine. Odyssey seems like a good time. Xenoblade and Metroid 2 remake look like hype.
KT
On Gundam OG, the new Origin Manga, and the movies based on it are very good. Recommended.
I remember reading the first chapter of that manga, but it was a long time ago and the updates were slow.
A manga about Ballroom dancing? Yeah there's no way I am into this.
(Starts reading)
(Reads ten chapters)
Crap...I am into this.
Feel I need to re-visit gundam again through 08th MS team, unicorn and Origin as I'd enjoyed the 70s series, its sequel and chars counterattack. Seed turned me off the franchise for ridiculously long and 00s movie and second season wern't as good as the first .
Looks like I have another Yuasa work to look forward to, he's doing his own take off on Nagai's devilman , hopefully he can reign in Valvraves writer though.
*first manga in couple last weeks I've seen
Da fuq. Found manga called Kemono Jihen, but it somehow already has tv tropes page(I tend to check randomly whether works have tv tropes page to see how notable they are) O_o I mean this is first manga with 1-3 chapters that has that, so I guess author is really popular or something in some circles?
Huh. Guess they figured out rewriting a story for Re:Creators.
Ya know, even if i hadn't heard that Suka Suka is based on one of more tragic light novels, the death flags, all of the death flags :D
HelghastKillzone
I'm a patron of someone who is writing mass effect fanfiction at 2 million+ words. It combines games, writing and fan creativity. So there is that....
Ah, while I listened to some Lovecraft audiobooked, I felt as if I was copping out by listening instead of reading.
A horror manga often works well episodically in a short story format.
@Aidan: Had a flick through Shibito, of what I read I liked how ridiculously camp and gleefully, proudfully nutso it was combined with the silliness of the violence. While not my favourite chapter, the one about the actress stood out for me because she was clearly a reference to Setsuko Hara, one of Japans most famous actresses lol
I try out a number of things from time to time. Books, movies, music, comics and the like. But I always come back to anime.
I have dabbled in quite a few mediums myself. My recent experiment is audiobooks which I am currently using to get through Moby Dick. And Jesus H Christ is this book padded to hell and back. It may be well written but it is an awful story.
But what this film venture has shown me is that while I've gotten much out of it, it shows just how STRONGER the connection I have to anime/manga is.
@Mario: And definately, I don't get the "people focus on only one media thing". One of the reasons I started branching out was because I felt "Fuck, I'm in my 30s and I've neglected a whole medium by being too focused on cartoons"
The sign you're at something too long is when the suspense of waiting for the next part to come out isn't there or when you find yourself not picking up on whats going on!
Manga/visual novels/anime I've noticed especially now are much much easier to stay awake during when you're wrecked tired.
@Mario: And to be honest, I've gotten busier and more tired lately, getting home on a weekday later after a new job, I'm not alert enough to watch art films, just started leaving them till the weekend.
@Kaiser: I know exactly what you mean. That is one of the reason why I like to mix up what I watch: sometimes books, other time manga and even music to get me away from burning out from 1 medium
*eventually get back
The short of that is, I think a good scale back with ANY hobby is a good thing because it can feel special all over again when you get back on it more mainly.
But now that after three years of mainly focusing on films moreso than anime/manga as much, because I'm now incredibly burnt out from watching films 4 times a day, I feel now I can watch ANY anime or read any manga and get that fresh feeling/some of that old passion back.
Remember that feeling you got when you first really got into anime/manga and pretty much excitedly/panic watched EVERYTHING and almost everything felt great? I've been thinking how a few years back now, I sort of re-lived that feeling again...however for films.
(Finished watching SukaSuka 10)
Awwww...that was a sweet episode end....
.....
.....They are all gonna die.
@Aidan: Kids off school pressumably in Japan with more time to watch stuff and more shows.
God why is there so many anime during the summer season.
Of course there are the really obvious recommendations of Grand Blue and Kaguya wants to be confessed to.
I say the only other recommendations I got are Jagaaaaaan, Maou no Hisho, Ore wo Suki Nano wa Omae Dake ka yo and Yuuutsu-kun to Succubus-san. Though I still think Shibito no Koe o Kiku ga Yoi would be up your alley.
By all means keep posting random manga you've all come across, I will read them.
I thought route end did a good job on the protagonist's feelings regarding his mothers death.
Though my interest in Route is largely due to it was the most lurid of the selection.
I felt route end holds the most interest of that selection of recommendations, although before reading it I thought it would be an episodic manga, similar to a series called death sweeper.
@K-Off, well I think both the manga got handed down to the assistant, and the anime got handed down as well. The original author/director for both arnt working on Boruto
@Lenlo Probably, haven't checked. But the manga and anime are completely different so I don't know.
The Streisand effect in full force.
*Now the media...
No the media storms over it and eventually want to check out this film. It has gain more publicity after this shameless incident
oh god, really? Chinese government tried their best to force Annecy (Animation film Fest) to remove a Chinese animated film name Have A Nice Day from screening there because of its "sensitive content"
Still think Sawano needs to lay off the vocals. It can get really distracting in Re:Creators.
KT
oh my the RE:Creators OST is all I wanted.
Well, Boruto isnt being run by the original manga author is it? I thought he handed the series off after Naruto to his chief assistant.
The contrast between wanting to do something different yet using the same character traits is just too jarring.
Gave Boruto a shot, and while it isn't bad, it's so detached from the original series that it might as well have been unrelated. I appreciate that the plot is different, but the modern setting, and lack of any clear character motivations (for now) makes it such a chore to watch. If they were going for something different, why did they use the same character designs and archetypes?
Sorry guys for the delay of Eccentric Family post, just can't bring myself to finish the post. Not that many of you following the show but Yeah, I will plget it done later today. Also, hell yeah for Pluto. Urasawa is my God
@Aidan: I kinda imagine Isekai Shokudou would be like Time of Eve upon reading the synopsis. Like each week about some peculiar customers. Well, if they focus more on food, then... *heartbroken*
Two Metroid Game announcements and an anime of Pluto.
Today was a good day.
KT here:YES!
@Anon: One of his better works, despite reading it twice I've forgotten too much as its been too long since reading it, good though as when I watch the anime the manga won't be as fresh in my mind.
Urasawa's Pluto anime announced! Get hype! Looks like they're keeping designs faithful just like they did with Monster (at least judging from the poster)
By the way Mario, that Isekai show you were interested in is basically food porn.
Man that was a lot of procrastination. I haven't even written up that Little witch academia post yet...and then there's the preview.
I agree with most of your assessments though Kusuriya no Hitorigoto is something I can really get into. I admit Talentless Nana is a bit iffy at the moment but am willing to give it a big chance because I love the authors other works.

Seikaisuru Kado – 10[Towanosakiwa]

So despite my aggravation with how the last episode ended, this episode starts of strong with how the universe was created and the anisotropic beings watching over it. The whole sequence was great and beautifully alien. That half of the episode explaining how Saraka ended up on end was actually very strong and despite the […]

Uchoten Kazoku 2 – 11 [The Blood of the Tengu, the Blood of the Fool]

The Eccentric Family again takes some solid steps to its final showdown. But let me address this first because I’m sure no one really see it coming. Soun comes back to life. A fake-out death? Seriously? Using fake-out death ALWAYS comes with a price, which is all the emotional investment we had for the death […]

Re:Creators – 11 [The Monster Under the Eaves]

Not surprising that this was a more subdued episode since the events of last week landed two and a half creations in the hospital. Given their bed-ridden state, Re:Creators takes it time in developing some new deep and profound ideas about creating works and resolves the quagmire that Sōta finds himself in the last few […]

Little Witch Academia – 24[The Road to Arcturus]

Hmmm….mixed feelings. There are parts I like about this episode but then there is this underwhelming feeling over how things have turned out. In general I like that the epicly named world reconstruction magic turned out to be just a stick that performs party tricks. Thinking about it it’s likely the decline of magic is […]

Shingeki no Kyojin(Attack on Titan) – 37[Scream]

I was all geared up to write up a post that this season of attack on Titan was mere lip service for a third season that may never come when I seen that there is indeed a third season of Attack on Titan on the way next year. So I could voice those same complaints […]

Tsuki ga Kirei – 10 [The Setting Sun]

Kotarou and Akane have reached a stage where they need to think hard about the long term of their relationship. Akane is about to move town, so how they going to keep up their relationship? Usually for a teenager’s romance it means the end. Full stop. LINE and texting can keep them for a while […]

Sakura Quest – 11 [The Forgotten Requiem]

Well, apart from Ririko suddenly can sing confidently, and sings really well on top of that, this episode ends in high note. In fact, that statement really sum up this week of Sakura Quest as a whole. Messy, a bit all over the place with too many elements, but they have very strong ending that […]

ID-0 – 10 [Compressed Sin]

Oh no, ID-0. Out of all the possibilities you could’ve picked for the climax, you chose the worst possible one. Ido’s past self, Dr. Kane Arisugawa turns out to be an evil scientist, using human as a sacrifice for his own research’s advancement. If this already sounds well-worn, it’s getting worse from there. The first […]

Re:Creators – 10 [The Monster Under the Eaves]

The laying of the foundation and development of all previous episodes culminates into an explosive episode that lives up to the hype of Re:Creators’ initial premise. Following Magane long-winded trolling of last week, the amount of action on display this episode more than made up for her antics. Every creation (with the except of Mamika) […]

Window Horses (2016) Movie Review – 87/100

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon (Winter 2017) Review – 74/100

Scum’s Wish (Winter 2017) Review – 80/100

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Review – 90/100

When you have watched a large amount of anime you can come to assume that you have learned a lot about Japanese culture. Though I think it’s testament to how limited it is to view Japan through anime when you come to realize that despite watching so much, you have never heard of Rakugo. Rakugo […]

Youjo Senki Saga of Tanya the Evil Review – 80/100

Isekai stories have become somewhat of a tiresome genre as of late. There have been many stories of people being transported/reincarnated into other worlds where they shed their once pitiful exterior and become some legendary figure in another world. In most cases it’s trit, balant childish wish fulfilment and the stories often become tiresome when […]

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. (Winter 2017) Review – 83/100

Imagine my utmost amazement when a show that I wasn’t that confident on taking in the beginning turned out to be one of the most solid offering this season had to offer. ACCA is the most recent anime adaptation from mangaka Natsume Omo, which despite isn’t a household name, many of her works (6 titles […]

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Winter 2017) Review – 62/100

Demi-chan is one of the newest addition to the monster girl subgenre, which usually feature a human helpless male lead get stuck in a harem of mythical creatures, in form of oversized boob girls of course (why usually those monsters are in female forms anyways? Aren’t they sexless?). In this case, we have monster girls […]

Seiren (Winter 2017) Review – 51/100

Let me say this out front, Seiren is NOT a good show, it’s a highly uneven one. Throughout its run, I can see some solid moments and fresh ideas that could potentially raise it above the bar, but ultimately, view it as a whole, Seiren is a show that isn’t worth recommending. At first, I’m […]

Flip Flappers (Fall 2016) Review – 93/100