Posted by psgels on 2 August 2011 with categories: Steins;Gate

One thing that we’ve never seen in this series: what happens after a D-Mail gets sent in the time-line that Okarin leaves behind? Does Okarin just split in two, where one version leaps to a different time-line and the other stays behind? I mean, this episode created a lot of drama around Rukako having to change her gender back, and yet that version of her shouldn’t notice any change and instead she’s sending a consciousness of Okarin to a different time-line. Would the time-line in this episode just result in a full fledged romance between Okarin and Rukako?

In any case, Rukako requesting a date made this episode a bit sillier than I expected. It unfortunately lead to Daru showing once again how far removed he is from reality (by far the most annoying part of this series), and unfortunately I have to admit that the reason why the creators made Rukako fall in love with Okarin was a very flimsy one. The kind you expect from a bad harem show.

The reason for the IBM5100’s disappearance however, was very good. Here I thought some big conspiracy was behind it, and it turned out to be a mere accident. It was such a key point in the story that changed everything for the worse.

Beyond that, the part few episodes have also been terrific build-up by preparing for the inevitable attempt to retract Shining Finger’s D-Mail. She’s been completely absent from the past episodes. And after that, things should only get even more interesting. It’s hard to believe that there are only 6 episodes left, and yet I feel that that could be the perfect number for this show to close off satisfyingly.
Rating: * (Good)

1. Frost says:

Weakest episode in a long time… I just skipped through most of it since I dont care about Ruka or the pointless drama, and it didnt advance the plot at all

Bring on the next one

2. zazza says:

There were some differences, but the silly part is in the original material as well.

3. Darklord says:

I agree the last couple of episodes have been a bit lackluster compared to the previous solid ones. For this episode, at least, they tried to bring back the comedy, although that also wasn’t as good as in the first 11 episodes.

In any case, one message to go, so we should be getting back to the plot pretty soon…

4. mango says:

@Frost I think it’s unfair to say that this episode didn’t advance the plot at all. I’m pretty sure without this episode the plot would be unable to move forward since Okarin needed to change the fact that Ruka’s D-mail was sent & she was changed =P It also developed a character who, like it or not, is a part of the main cast.

Personally, these episodes have still been enjoyable to me. I don’t feel they have been lackluster at all. I love this series because of the characters and each episode is enjoyable in its own way.

5. Loz says:

Is this show just throwing a massive red herring?

With every new episode I watch I keep the event of the first episode in mind. Ok sure at the moment Okabe is trying to prevent Mayushi from dieing through undo-ing the past D-mails.

Ok so lets forget for a second the subplot that this is all in the pursuit of getting the IBN 5100 for a second, and think back to all the D-mails sent: In episode 17 they were noted as being “lotto 6”, “shinning finger one”, “urushibara’s gender bender”, “feyris-san’s” and the one about “following suzuha”.

Ok now, are we forgetting the most shocking D-mail sent so far. The first d-mail being Okabe’s message to Daru about Kirisu being killed at the John Titor lecture. In the first episode she clearly says over and over what were you trying to warn me about, before she dies, the dmail is sent, and then she is alive (assuming that somewhere Okabe managed to prevent her death).

I realise he is trying to stop mayushi from dieing, but he has already changed history by preventing Kurisu’s death, the only thing im trying to get my head around is where does all this fit into the plot.

Is it going to be one of those situations where someone definitely has to die i.e. its either mayushi that dies, or the only way to save her is for Kirisu to die as she was meant to in the first episode?

Did any of my rambling make sense to anyone? Haha.

6. Loz says:

Is this show just throwing a massive red herring?

Did any of my rambling make sense to anyone? Haha.

7. Loz says:

Sorry about the double post. the web browser messed up when I was posting.

8. Loz says:

Ok, ive just read through some previous episode comments, like how i had to go back to ep 2 and pay particular attention for a scene around 8:20-ish secs. And Mayushi’s speech at the start of episode 12. Now im like wtf? Theres lots of little things going on that I didnt notice. Like how the hell could I have missed what she was actually saying. Now im not even sure whats going on anymore.

Makes me even more eager to see how things pan out in this show. Awesome.

9. AKI says:

I agree with mango. It’s enjoyable but not excellent like the previous episodes. Next episode should be F-U-N. It’s Shining Finger’s turn.

10. Pafiume says:

I don’t know, I enjoyed Daru in the episode. It’s so ridiculous, it’s nice to have something so wacky in the very serious world. Although the date made the air atmosphere less tense anyway. At the beginning of the episode though, I was wondering how they were going to get the other characters into the show. I mean, they have to focus on individuals now (although only a few), so it was nice that they could have the other character’s personalities pop out. Even Feyris had a cameo, which she usually doesn’t.

Also, Daru is probably the only character in the show that will have sex, so thinking about it that way it made me laugh more.

What most confused me though was Okabe saying “only one D-mail left” at the end. Unless I miss-read the subs or something, he has two left (that he knows about, because as we all have come to realize there is that third magic D-mail about Kurisu), Moeka’s and the lottery. I’m sure it’s fine though.

With Moeka being the next target, this should get good.

11. @Log I believe what Mayushii said at the beginning of ep 12 is why Okarin has his *Reading Steiner* ability and why he eventually *Dies* in 2036 or whatever (hes sent back in a time machine) . . .Also for those wondering how Okarin can trigger Memories of other timelines in other people. . .Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

12. Rubedo says:

I watch these episodes to enjoy the characters and their relationships to one another, sounds like those who are trying to follow the plot and try to connect the dots are disappointed. Enjoy the moe and bring low expectations xD

13. Rubedo says:

14. Anonomyous says:

The entire use of the IBN5100 is to erase he first message about Kurisu being stabbed whic created the roll effect of SERN knowing everything. That’s why there is only 1 D-mail left. After Moeka’s reverted, the IBN5100 will be back in his hands

15. Fiaki says:

Aww… Rukako is a guy again >_

16. jreding says:

Psgels, what you mention in your first paragraph has bugged me as well.

If you assume only Okarin’s consciousness is transported to a parallel timeline, not only does Rukako continue being a girl in the timeline of this episode but she also stayed a “he” in the timeline from which she sent her D-Mail in the first place. The whole sending of D-Mails would be pointless for him/ her. One might even argue that the timelines “Rukako-he” and “Rukako-she” existed from the very beginning without any D-Mail having been sent, the D-Mail only being the medium of transport for Okarin’s consciousness.

The only way I could think it might make sense is that the timelines do not exist in parallel. Time continually streams forward and at any given time only one timeline exists. In this case the “Rukako-she” timeline would actually disappear the moment the D-Mail is being sent and would be substituted by timeline “Rukako-he” (or more specifically timeline “Rukako-he II”). Not only Okarin’s consciousness but everyone is transported to the new timeline, but only a few people (like Okarin) can remember.

I admit that this seems to contradict the picture of timelines existing in parallel used in earlier episodes with Okarin switching between them. But to me it seems this is the only way the D-mails for the benefit of others make sens.

17. @jreading you are absolutely right. Other timelines do not *Exist* parallel, they only exist as Potentialities. And when one focuses on them (the d-mail and conscious transfer machine are only methods to *switch focus* on different realities) does that reality become *Real*

For example, Many people were taught that elements have electrons in orbitals around them. But actually, the electrons reside in a *probability field* and only *appear* in a location (orbital etc. . .) once the observer looks in that area, the observer collapses the potentials into that location.

Of course in junior high and high school science classes you aren’t taught that. . .(I had to take a quantum physics class to find that out in Uni)

Basically the *Focus* on the reality brings it into being. I think that this show actually does do a good job of conveying that (to those who actually know about those kinds of things)

Anyway, hopefully, in EP 19, they will finally reveal *FB* . . .I think FB is the only entity that has not really been foreshadowed in the series at all.

18. @jreading you are absolutely right. Other timelines do not *Exist* parallel, they only exist as Potentialities. And when one focuses on them (the d-mail and conscious transfer machine are only methods to *switch focus* on different realities) does that reality become *Real*

This is one reason why Rintarou has to go through all this to reach the 1% Divergence, in a quantum word(which his thoughts. . .or more accurately his *pattern* of thoughts are creating) attention to something cases it to exist so pretty much the attention to Mayrui’s Death is what keeps it happening through all his time leaps, and to Dissipate that thought pattern he has to go through all these steps to convince himself to finally Believe that he truly saved her and thus allowing him to get to that 1% divergence.

Now, people will think wait, what about all the other people and their timelines etc etc. . .dont they matter too?

Sure they do, BUT we are looking at this anime universe through the point of view of Okabe, so basically the universe revolves around Okabe(you)

That line of thinking gets very trippy and its what separates many quantum physics scientists with other scientists, as this suggests, that each individual is “GOD” or something along those lines. . . it goes even further and some even believe that once a person is out of sight and out of mind, they also *Cease to exist* as well. Only *existing* in the grand universal field of quantum potentials…

…..
    …….I think Ill stop there, as I can go on for days…

Anyway, Back on topic. . . hopefully, in EP 19, they will finally reveal *FB* . . .its going to be a shocker!

19. Anca says:

I don’t agree that the reason Ruka fell in love with him is a flimsy one – don’t you remember Hourou Musuko? Okarin saying that gender doesn’t matter was probably a huge moment for Ruka. I like Ruka a lot because he/she breaks the mold. Honestly, in what harem anime have you ever seen a character like her? Same for Daru, I guess (I find him kinda cute).

And the first D-Mail – Kurisu was killed because Suzuha travelled back in time, she was supposed to survive and help SERN discover the time machine, remember? What I don’t understand is why the first D-Mail caused Suzuha’s time machine to crash and break. In the first reality it was undamaged and just st on top of the building. Somehow the time machine crashing caused Suzuha to never attack Kurisu.

20. Reihsn says:

i believe that whenever Okarin sends a D-mail to the past, one version of his changes timeline whereas the other stays, as if the experiment failed

I love the ED song for Tonegawa
I recommend it. Its the best gambling anime out there
I will watch Kaiji someday...someday...just keep forgetting to get around to it.
Anonymous2419710
@Kaiser-Eoghan He's working on a new anime film, not sure when it's coming out
Anonymous2419539
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji
Can't say that I'm interested in a Jin-Roh remake with the plot transplanted to a near future Korea instead of the 1950s alternate history setting of the original.
I still need to see his patlabor show and the first Patlabor film he did.
@Mario: Need to rewatch the original. I recently did a rewatch of Oshii's works. They benefit from second viewings...and sometimes it better to just to run with some of them/let them wash over you largely because he isn't a particularly accessible director, wish he would return to making animated films though.
So Netflixe acquires a korean reanke of Jinroh huh? I guess it's just a matter of time
Dvd of the new, 6th Gundam origin ova came out last Friday but I can't find it on nya =<
It's ongoing, two volumes out in Japan. Mangadex seems to be pretty fast with scanlations.
Ye have any idea whether its already finished one that hasn't been translated or on going series? Like I said, it seems macabre in fun way so would be disappointing to know it didn't do well
@Masky: I found this Marry Grave manga coincidentally while browsing a board. It's really oldschoolish but in an entertaining way. It seems to be weekly or biweekly, but not sure.
The idea of how this story is told is completely fresh and unused although I don't wanna spoil anything for people who don't know anything about it. And as if the whole mainstory wasn't nice enough there was a little hint at the end of the game that was a quite shocking reveal. Some people even missed this since the hint was pretty inconspicuous and not directly related to the main plot/character.
It's real. Wow. This could easily become the best drama anime of the year if done right. The game was (IMO) fantastic despite being a pixelish RPG maker style game.
@Kaiser: Holy shit really? To the Moon?
Speaking of Urasawa there was announcement of a Pluto adaption last year, I guess they're still working on it. A good choice IMO, Pluto was not only my favorite Urasawa aside from 20thCB so far, it's one of the few that might be easier to adapt and it isn't too long.
@Kaiser: Haven't read Chicago yet, maybe I will look into it. Kinda curious what series this mangaka will do next, same with Urasawa.
Huh? Found weird manga named Marry Grave. It feels like older manga but I'm not sure what its release date is.. Has rather interesting art and premise though first chapter is bit clunky on exposition
slightly disappointed to see happy sugar life not being covered =<
Oh man, 57? Franxx must have really gone down hill, because you seemed pretty into halfway through or so Aidan
<Crazy aunt in happy sugar life will have Belldandy's voice actress
<Terror the terror OMO
How do I save Chi no Wadachi's protagonist =< Manga giving me post traumatic stress ;M ;
@Aidan: And that game, to the moon is getting an adaptation. I haven't played it nor know anything about it though.
@Aidan: It seems you were onto something when you said in your satsuriku no tenshi impressions/posts that other freeware games might see a chance at an adaptation. I recall you talking about a game called To the moon on here a few years back.
I did like how they decided to use a Halo aesthetic for the lack of a better term. Bases and alien ships have this Halo like design and color schemes to them. Also when I though a harem could only be depicted in one way, this series proves me wrong.
But after season 2. Oh boy, the series becomes a really intriguing and exciting sci fantasy journey, with lots of motivations, hillturns and mystery.
I catch up to the Voltron series in Netflix and man. It might the best anime-like series I've watched all year. I was having doubt after season one because while not awful at the start, it's very typical Voltron good versus evil and the like.
@Amagi: Chicago was one of the first Manga I read when I was 11, by the same author as 7 seeds.
@Amagi: A 7 seeds adaptation would be preferable, its the more mature of the two. My favourite parts of that manga is everything relating to Hana and also the flashbacks to Ango's team's past, also that flashback side arc which was set in that shelter centered on that guy who had nothing to do with the cast.
For Mahou, I just wanna see the first VN translated.
We will never see the Mahou sequel VN either
Theoretically ufotable but I think they'd prefer to wait for the updated story of the new VN sooo never ever
Op was pretty good for an anime that didn't exist. Honestly wonder what would come first. The remake of the VN or an anime adaption by Ufotable.
Just as the Tsukihime anime doesn't exist (liked the OP of that nonexisting anime though)
@Lenlo: The original Basara anime doesn't exist, only the manga does.
@Lenlo: I really loved it and as far as I know most people who didn't read it refused it due to its drawing style not the content. The style could get an improvement as anime and I think the story is something most people would enjoy. The side characters were all awesome and pretty diverse too, which is kinda worthy of mention because the series had a ton of them.
Arisa might get a decent fanbase as well considering it's some sort of mystery-thriller shoujo despite it's appearance.
Oooh Basara would be one I would want to see
@Kaiser: I wish we'd get an actual Basara or 7 Seeds adaption some day. But guess it's impossible in the age of 12-episode series.
Yeah, the Marvin reveal was done in as tasteful a way as I could see it being done. It was just creepy enough without being voyeur
**Done
*superficially
While I have never read this, LetDai is sometimes compared superficial to banana fish.
More fantasy/horror shoujo/josei manga, old ones, not otomeshit or school lifeshit could be adapted.
And wasn't the reveal regarding Marvin down in a tasteful/restrained enough way while still getting the point across?
Akimi Yoshida is actually quite diverse, aside from banana fish, she also wrote Our little sister.
"and NOT with naked muscular men. That’d be depressing!" Thank fuck we still have the slender ones then lol
By the looks of it Sugar life's only getting 12 episodes, which means it'll stop just before it really gets going.
@Lenlo: I think 2 volumes of the manga have been covered so far.
@Lenlo: "However its spelt" and there I am, realizing how rubbish I am with names and remembering/spelling them.
Oh man, Banana Fish is 24 episodes? Oh awesome. All the time in the world
@Lenlo: In small doese, small doses he would be tolerable.
An anime about all of us would be fucking magnificent and I will hear nothing to the contrary of this fact.
However that name is spelt
Hmm, Steins;Gate 0 Okabe, or what? Cause Hyoin Kyoma would drive me up a wall.
Oh Grand Blue has some great reaction faces.
Not slice of life, but outside of all the dark stuff, I'd probably think Okabe Rintaro would be a fun guy to be around.
Actually that brings up something, in all of the slice of life dramas/comedies out there, a good measure for how worthwhile some of them are could be "Which ones would I actually like to hang out with the characters in"
I remember when Free! aired, joking with another guy on here who would be who.
You could probably get great reaction faces of the manga/show.
I don't think I could keep up with the drunkening though.
Wait, ive been psychic robbed? When? How?
Ive known people like them before, though less cartoonishly dude-bro. They are fun in bursts. Made for some good experiences. Luckily the ones I knew, also knew when I was at my socializing limit.
Jokingly we'd all be blond otaku-t-shirt guy though =P
@Lenlo: I have committed un-intentional psychic theft of your thoughts.
Mario has to be the skinny dark haired Asian guy because it fits.
As funny as these characters are, I probably wouldn't hang out with then if they were real, I'd probably be iritated by them.
I actually hadn't thought it as far as the personalities .
For I am the one that trolls
@Kaiser/Lenlo, Wait then whose who in that screenshot. Cause looks wise I would likely be Iori but personality wise I would be closer to the burly dudes.
As for the updated setting, I think it will work out. Keeps it sorta relevant for modern audiences. I'm curious if the changes will be obvious or not, but the story should still work
As for Banana Fish, after this episode, Im not to worried about the fetishizing of homosexual relationships. Unlike alot of Shoujo/Yaoi-lite/bait stuff, it actually seems to condemn some aspects of the trope in manga.
@Kaiser, I had the exact same thought for that screenshot and the writers.
@Mario: lol Now imagine each of the characters in the screenshot representing a writer on this blog =P
Fixed
@Kaiser: I posted using my phone so that was the best I could do
I want to state, regarding banana fish, for those avoiding it because of shounen-ai vibes or because its aimed at women, even though its listed as shoujo, its really the female equivalent to a seinen manga, it also created, even in Japan a massive crossover audience that also included heterosexual males.
Whew lad, might want to center/neat-en up the screenshot on the latest post =<
See lenlo, while I love the adaptation, I'm still worried about the updated setting.
The manga had something about American foreign policy and the Mafia boss having to do with anti-communism, I wonder will the anime commit to that.
So far, Banana Fish is ony of my favorites. Im gonna make it very clear why tomorrow when I post on it, but boy I wasnt expecting it to commit so fully.
Okay, my ranking so far of the premieres: -Angels of death
-Happy sugar life
-Banana fish
-Grand blue
Shichisei and planet with are dropped, will only watch sirius until I get bored. Don't like shounen action so I'm not continuing Angolmeh.
I know he's a good writer, hence I was looking forward to Dog eat dog. That film made me think he passed his prime
@Mario: Raging bull and mishima also he wrote those.
@Mario: Nicholas Cage is awful and so was Dog eat dog I can agree to that.
@Mario: Its alot better than that I can tell you. Also he wrote the affliction, taxi driver and hardcore, all great films.
@Kaiser: you mean First Reformed? I watched Schraders' previous work Dog Eat Dog and absolutely hated it. Hated it with a passion
@Kaiser: I don't even know that until you pointed out
*movie blog
@Mario: How amusing, you uses "red blood moon" on your movie blood as a section for bad anime, and have the AKA abbreviation right next to it and that has the same spelling as the Japanese word for Red.
@Mario: I've got a feeling you might be a fan of Paul Schraders new film, its a mashup of Ordet, Winter light, diary of a country priest and Taxi driver. It is speechy, but it has alot to say and Ethan Hawke is great in it.
I don't think i'd be able to stop myself pulling an animal ears girl's ears if they were real. I'd have to know.
@Mario: I think I needed to watch it, just so I could have the feeling of getting away from the world while not needing to think.
@Kaiser: that's basically the appeal of Cgdct shows. They're hardy deep or even have that much conflict, but they're adorable and fluffy. Good enough for me ^^
The filter/visual style angolmis was going for initially completely took my concentration away from the show.
SuperWooper
(which includes a review of the inevitable AOTS) :^)
SuperWooper
Only one more First Impressions post to go.
Grand blue is funny but like with wotaku I'm not sure there'll be an incentive to watch every episode.
@Mario: Maybe every season or so I will try to fit in a cute girls doing cute things show. I watched Konohana Kitan yesterday and while hardly essential, it was actually sort of adorable.
A bit new info about the next When they Cry. Guess the release date will be the winter comiket. Really wonder how it will be, I have to admit I enjoyed the endless arguments in the Umineko VN a lot. Also it seems it will get the same music composers again.
@Anon, That airs on July 22.
were is attack on titan 3???
I'll still write a post once the first impressions' over, along with my general thoughts on this season.
Meanwhile, we already decided which shows to blog for this season. The coverage is as follows:
Aidan: Grand Blue, Planet With, Satsuriku no Tenshi
Mario: Chio-chan, Shoujo Kageki, Hanebado
Lenlo: Steins;Gate 0, Banana Fish
Just an update to you, dear readers. We're working on finishing these 1st impressions posts and try to finish it in few days time (3 more posts).
*Harry not Eddie
**Gundam F91
Have the blurays of 08th ms team downloading now to re-watch. Never seen Gundam F91 one . Really looking forward to the final origin ova and whenever more of Thunderbolt is coming out.
Eddie was a bit crap though, especially when you stand him up against other Char-esque characters and some of the other characters aren't quite as compelling. Loved the old American style setting though, crazypants main baddy was fun.
I finally finished/rewatched Turn A Gundam lately. It delivers strongly on its spectacle Heim and Soleil were great and my favourite gundam girls , the artstyle grows on you and because of that art style, it gets away with being one of the weirder phase gundamns, where G Gundam wasn't so lucky in that regard.
Highscore Girl is way more annoying than I exptected it to be.
Haven't played it (yet) but AFAIK they stay there and only move from floor to floor, I guess it's why they shortly mentioned these murders on the different floors.
Does the entirety of satsuriku no tenshi stay in the building? I could seen the sense of claustropohbia for the audience disappearing if they left it.
Looking back on that comment, I should say, I have not read grand blues manga, so its entirely possible why the animes presentation made me laugh a bit because I've no comparison.
Also, that blonde muscular guy in Grand blue made me laugh.
I like how we have very little idea of the buildings layout in satsuriku no tenshi.
Not really looking forward to Gridman as I see the typical warning signs I noticed for Kiznaiver and Franxx as well here. The only positive thing is that the series seems to have an actual villain for once. The lack of that was one of the problems that bothered me with Franxx (not counting literal faceless aliens as "actual villain").
I hope next actual Imaishi anime will be a good Trigger again. Honestly didn't really like any of their series done by other directors, Promare would be the first series done by the TTGL team again after KlK and Luluco. My only fear is that it might be a TTGL clone but it's too early to for that.
I am gunning for Kyohime Lancer and Mordred Rider. Thankfully I don't really care about the five starts so my odds are not quite as bad.
@Aidan: Yes I am happy I got her with just one ticket since I am saving for the upcoming rate ups as well, especially Summer. Hell I need Martha.
@Amagi, Had a few moments like that which were not related to Fate go. Anyhoo I didn't bother rolling Da Vinchi as I got no real interest in him/her(Hard to decide when their reason for genderbending has more to do with beauty rather than gender.) Instead saving my Quartz for either the summer servants for the Knights of the round.
Not lying but I had I dream yesterday about getting FGO's Da Vinci with one ticket, woke up, spent one ticket and got her (Yes. "Her"). I am so far into that anime stuff guess I am now developing esp powers just for that.
Finally new Sirius subs I hope they are tolerable.
Chio-chan is relatable
She's one of the actress I'm really fond of. But of course given how big a status she is
@Mario: If voices could be married I'd marry hers =P
Other 2 shows are Cells at Work and Phantom in the Twilight
Kana Hanazawa's extremely busy this season. She's also voicing for 2 other shows. Give me a minute so I can check up these other shows
The most recent I've heard Kana Hanazawa's voice was in 3-gatsu no lion where she voiced Hina, hearing her voice psychochick from happy sugar life makes it all the eerier =P Also watching this feels like less of a slog than reading the early chapters.
Scanners/photocopier machines however are the greater satan.
What kind of cosmic rule forbids printers to ever work properly?
I've heard that satsuriku no tenshi's manga adaptation apparently is paced better and more effective at immersing the reader.
I think my time with shichisei subaru stops here, the cliffhangers just feel liked bad bait and while I hate jumping to buzzwords, this was just really generic and hamfisted. Its like I'm watching a crap adaptation of a bad moe datesim visual novel.
Yeah this is also a pretty stilted translation.
I ended up watching it with mediocre subtitles also.
Wait is Sirius subbed? Nonmeme subs I mean.
Banana fish succeeds in making itself work as an action series all the more stronger, because it allows itself to have a good emotional backing. I'd forgotten how much of prick that one cop was in that scene in the manga.
If you want a reasonably quick boredom killer thats gorier than some modern anime allows you could probably do worse than Sirius.
Okay, regarding Happy sugar lifes manga, Late volume 6-volume 8, we're kind of getting somewhere, especially with one particular flashback relating to Shio.
I too am not even impervious to cute and huggable things.
*mikocchi
@Mario: I do plan on watch sorayori, konohana kitan and hakumei no mocchi someday.
*Asobi Asobase
So far, I enjoy Asobi Asobasa and Chio-chan so much that I watched them twice. Guess I do have a thing for cute girls comedy shows after all
Hataraku Saibou, wouldn't be the first edutainment thing in anime , kemono souja and Moyashimon aswell.
Nope, not this week. One week hold since we are sorta between/starting a new season
No steins gate episode this week?
Hue hue, seems like around time of first impressions I don't need to do my usual isekai complaining because it gets done by someone else instead :D

Hanebado! – 02/03 [Meat’s the Best After a Workout!/ She Was Perfect]

When people thinks about Hanebado, they tend to regard the excellent animation as its strongest point. While I partly agree on that, for me it’s the small character acting that makes this show sticks out for me. I do have a KyoAni vibe watching those relationships play out, especially in second episode with the recurring […]

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro – 02 [Bloody Butterfly Effect / Manana and Ootoro and I / Bump of Slave]

The misadventures of Chio-chan on her way to school continues with some extra flavour. As of now, Chio-chan splits its segments neatly in two halves, the first deals with Chio encounters the absurd events on her way to school, and the latter details her relationship with her friends. One highlights the adventure spirits of this […]

Planet With – 02[Nebula Soldiers]

“So they managed to defeat Torai huh. Well he was the weakest of us.” “Actually he was the strongest.” “Wait! Huh?” Now that’s part of why I love you Satoshi, you lay out a shounen cliche and subvert the hell out of it. Even having Torai in the room about to leave the group only […]

Banana Fish – 2 [In Another Country]

This? Banana Fish? This right here? This is what 91 Days could have been. An intriguing crime drama, with interesting characters all around and the willingness to go all-in on its story. Lets jump in! Banana Fish did a much better job of holding my attention compared to last week. With all the characters established, […]

Satsuriku no Tenshi – 02[Your grave is not here]

This is a very strange show. I may regret choosing to blog this but with the second episode I still find it quite fascinating and I really want to see just where this leads. I will however say that it isn’t because of excellence that this show has caught my attention for at the moment […]

Darling in the Franxx – 24[Never Let Me Go]

And it’s time for Darling in the sorry I just can’t bring myself to care anymore Franxx. Well once again my previous assertions of what this episode was to be turned out half true and half false. For one they actually did show the final confrontation against VIRM and it was just as disappointing as […]

Hisone to Masotan – 12 [We Are Unstoppable]

And we come to a close of this Dragon Pilot show and I’m still indifferent on how this anime wraps up. It’s not a bad ending per se, it has a good emotional payoff and it does somewhat wrap up the story. The more it gets into the conclusion, however,  the more I see inconsistencies […]

Darling in the Franxx – 23[DARLING in the FRANXX]

The longer this series goes on, the faster my goodwill disappears as this episode was terrible on many fronts. At this point I think we can admit that this series has been on a downward spiral since episode 19 and has only worsened with each subsequent episode. Part of the problem was 19 spilling all […]

Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory – 10[Onward, Onward]

Oh no. Well I suppose this was coming with all the news of this series troubles but it is disheartening to see it come to worst case scenario with the quality of this episode. This is the episode that announces without a doubt that this team is at the breaking point. Characters go off model […]

Darling in the Franxx Anime Review – 57/100

In following anime seasons it can be quite an experience to follow a show as it airs as the hype and rollercoaster of reactions can be entertainment in its own right. In that regard Darling in the Franxx was a hell of a ride as week by week peoples feelings for it ran hot and […]

Hisone to Masotan (2018 Spring) Review – 73/100

Coming off as one of my most anticipated anime out of this last Spring Season, based solely on staffs involved alone – after all, an original anime written by Mari Okada and produced by Bones (which I regarded as one of the best anime studio working right now) – I can’t help but feel let […]

Megalo Box – 86/100

Ah boxing, the quintessential manly man sport of beating each other unconscious. In anime, the sport was first forged in the fires of Ashita no Joe, and some would say later perfected by Hajime no Ippo. Both fantastic series in their own right. Both filled to the brim with epic clashes of wills, phenomenal characters and […]

Legends of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Anime Review – 80/100

This is a remake of a series made way back when which is one of the most highly acclaimed anime in the medium. It is of legendary status but you would be hard pressed to recommend it as to many the barrier of entry is too high to consider. A 110 episode OVA with dated […]

Hinamatsuri (2018 Spring) Review – 79/100

Comedy anime doesn’t always yell out confidence, so imagine our hype when there’s one that been on everyone’s lips since the manga come out, Hinamatsuri. The show starts with simple premise: a girl with supernatural power unexpectedly drops into the house of a yakuza, hilarity ensues. This concept sums up very well the source humors […]

Fate/Stay Night Heaven’s Feel – I Prestige Flower Anime Review – 90/100

We have seen an influx of Fate adaptations over the last year and sadly each has proven to be disappointing except for a cooking slice of life short series which is weirdly better than it has any right to be. This movie was the last of the Fate adaptations that I needed to see but […]

Violet Evergarden (2018 Winter) Review – 76/100

Violet Evergarden’s existence has surely been a public one. Acclaimed before everyone lick a taste of it (it was awarded for grand prize in the fifth Kyoto Animation Award’s novel category in 2014 – read, KyoAni awards), it goes without saying that Violet Evergarden is one of the most anticipated show of the sparse Winter […]

A Place Further than the Universe (Winter 2018) Review – 77/100

Cute girls doing cute things is a genre that been done to death at this point. Even within this Winter 2018 we had been overloaded with big eyes fluffy face girls doing a lot of different things of interest. It takes a standout concept or a deeper narrative to make one stand out from this […]

After the Rain (2018 Winter) Review – 89/100

I suppose that most of us, even the perministic ones, enter After the Rain (Ameagari) with some reservations. After all, the premise about a crush from an 18-year-old girl to the store manager who is nearly 30 years senior raises a lot of red flags here. Yet the show handles this tricky premise with deep […]