Posted by psgels on 18 November 2011 with categories: Mawaru Penguin Drum

@#$*!@#&!@!^&!!! I should have known! I should have bloody known! I’m not going to say why I should have known, but this episode just delivered a truckload of major plot twists.

The first big one was revealed, right at the start of the episode: Kanba has been in contact with his parents all along. They’re the ones who gave him the money to cure Himari’s illness. I also love the way this was revealed, taking a place in the episode where you really wouldn’t expect it, with\out any obvious build-up whatsoever.

The second big plot twist: they’re not real siblings. Holy crap. I mean, this is a twist that has been pulled many times before, but this show just got it right by not making this as shallow as the others, which nearly always boil down to “we’re doing this for the incest”. Save for perhaps the first episode, the three siblings in Penguin Drum really felt like siblings, who were especially close to each other due to what happened with their parents.

And just when I thought that this would turn into this strange love triangle around Kanba… it is revealed that the one who originally introduced Himari to the family was Shouma.
Rating: *** (Awesome)

1. kurini says:

this is like the biggest revelation! I’m still thinkin about it after 12 hours… Mawaru penguindrum is definitely the series that I can’t never anticipate!

2. jzar says:

You can always count on this show to surprise you. Can’t wait to see where it goes.

The scene with the rolling balls!! holy c@# that was just too fantastic. She didn’t get hit yet still it triggers her memory— simply delicious.

3. micaharu says:

i did not see that coming.o_O last episode,kanba told tabuki he has no clue where his father is even when himari was in such a predicament then bam! this episode revealed that he was secretly meeting with them.i don’t feel like i can trust him anymore.

what?shouma is himari’s fated one?not mario?after all the events and developement that took place your’e saying that the always useless shouma might as well be the most important key into all of these?

4. Snowolf says:

So the great thing was that I called the first two out- those were hardly a revelation for me (the Himari one was a bit off though- I had originally predicted that Kanba was the one who wasn’t related, not Himari)

But SHOUMA? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Everything has just been completely flip flopped. What is my brain thinking anymore.

5. Minnako says:

I sat through this episode with my mouth hanging open. Seriously, twist after twist, and now we feel like we’re finally getting enough background to start trying to understand things. Just…wow.

I love the way the parents were re-introduced, had to do a double-take. Kanba made talking to wanted fugitives look like the most normal thing in the world. I see major trouble in the different way the ‘twins’ see their parents, though.

Shouma!I wonder if HE remembers? Perhaps he’s only useless because he knows a whole lot less than most people here. I’d love to see if he gets hit with one of those blue balls (no pun intended :P). Guess that explains why Himari felt off as Shouma and Ringo got closer together. Though this still doesn’t explain why Kanba got involved (I’m guessing he’s not related, either… their dad did have a son, not twins, after all)… Shouma the only child? Can’t believe it.

And after all that, it turns out Sanetoshi wants the diary destroyed… seems he and Momoka really are playing some game.

6. AidanAK47 says:

Wow, three out of nowhere ass pulls.
    Alright it was a good episode but still this sudden twist thing is getting old. The best twists are the ones that have things that hint at it a number of times but it never really clicked until the revelation where you suddenly think back to all these hints and think “HOLY CRAP! Now that makes complete sense. How the hell didn’t I notice that!” But this is the equal to a twist of “GASP! Shouma is a girl! Himari is the descendant of Jesus christ! Kanba is Hitler!” It’s cheap shock value.
    And again, 18 episodes of symbolism and nothing hinted at this. I mean come on.

7. Aline says:

I do agree this episode was absolutely top-notch when it comes to twists, but come on, you can’t just ignore how much the quality in art has dropped… this episode especially was full of distorted faces and cheap proportions

8. ljf says:

@AidanAK47:

It actually was hinted but it was very subtle and you probably didn’t really notice since, of course, why would you assume such an insane plot twist in the first place lol

9. ljf says:

also, if you watched Utena, you should have seen this coming from a mile away

10. dm says:

I’m now at the point where I want this series to be over simply so I can start watching from the beginning and appreciating the way it’s all put together.

I suspect there have been signs that these twists were coming all along.

11. Oroboros says:

I suspected something was brewing due to the frequent hints at incest and the obvious fact that the Takakaras only had a boy 16(?) years ago, but I still ended thrown for a loss.

12. AidanAK47 says:

@Aline, I noticed that too. Which is something I don’t understand. Peguindrum had bare minimum animation. They had repeating scenes, very little movement and don’t even have to animate people. So how is it that the animation budget seems to be running out?

@ljf, are you talking about that one scene in this episode which slightly…slightly hinted it? Sorry that doesn’t count. It still doesn’t prove that it wasn’t an ass pull if it’s in the same episode. Twists one and two could be considered to be vaguely hinted or assumed but twist number three is completely out of nowhere.

13. jzar says:

I was so busy tracking the story that the art just passed me by…. I’d have to agree this was not the best art but you’d also have to admit that up to now it has been very good. So I’ll cut’em some slack…..this time :).

14. LordVernon says:

There are very interesting hints here and there actually. My favourite was the conversation between Kanba and Sanetoshi in ep 15:

“Don’t you think families are a sort of fantasy, like a curse of sort? Think about it. Just how many children suffer because of their family? Parents who treats their children as objects in the name of love, abusing them. They only love themselves, yet kids must love their parents solely because they are family, and love their siblings.”

That was definitely a cute way of going into it. Now that I think about it, the Takakura really only did have one son, as oppose to two additional children they had to keep in the dark about their activities. That certainly does explain why all three…ahem…”siblings” differ so immensely.

Something might also be relevant regarding how Kanba’s father’s shirt now has a KIGA logo instead of a Penguinforce one. I’ll look forward to that.

15. wendeego says:

AidanAK47: Not sure exactly what twists you’re referring to, though I’m guessing you’re talking about Shouma being Himari’s fated one and having rescued her from the Child Broiler? Because there were a couple of hints seeded throughout:

-the statue of the boy offering the girl the apple in Himari’s dream in episode 9 (this was the big one)
    -The child broiler making an appearance in the same dream–maybe a repressed memory?
    -the fact that Kenzan only said over the phone in episode 13 that he had one son. If this son was Shouma, that means that Kanba was probably adopted and Himari brought into the family by Shouma switching fat tracks.
    -The fact that in most of the family pictures of the Takakuras, Shouma and Himari are facing the camera/looking happy together while Kanba is somewhere in the back of the frame.
    -Now that we know that Himari was rescued from the child broiler, the glass falling around her in the second OP makes a lot more sense.

So yeah, agree that the twist was sudden and maybe could have been built up better, but the hints were there (and have been pointed out earlier by the fanbase.) The only question was putting them together.

16. LordVernon says:

Huh, I’m actually convinced the only son was Kanba, where as Shouma and Himari changed their own fate and transferred themselves into the Takakura family.

17. Stuff says:

Well, one must consider that the man responsible for this episode also did episode 10.

About the siblings not being siblings, that idea started circulating by episode 12. What I find shocking is that Himari is the outsider.

Also, people think Kanba and Masako may be related, but thats sort of weird, because she kissed him in episode 10. Why would he suddenly be brought up as a takakura if he’s a natsume?

Honestly though, Kanba or Mario being Himari’s fated one wouldve been the obvious choice, so knowing Ikuhara, why would he make it them? We were all shocked, and that’s what he intended. It’s not like he chose a completely irrelevant character the Yamashita though.

18. Snowolf says:

Theory Time!
    time for some theories yo
    After the mindshock that was 19 yesterday, with the entire plot being flipped around and such, I have plenty of new theories to enlighten you all with! Consider some other shows (namely, Doctor Who) to be an inspiration of sorts. This is kind of a huge long rant, so prepare yourselves! Spoilers Ahead.
    So things we learned from yesterday’s episode:

The parents are not dead (called it)

Kanba does indeed, know where his parents are, and not only that, but is in close contact with them (called it)

The people his parents are working with are giving him the money to survive the regular expenses of his house/living (called it)

Sanetoshi cannot touch the diary, and most interestingly, does not like the Diary; he wants to get rid of it in order to his achieve his plans, which is “to make the Takakura children accomplish what their parents could not”

Himari is the girl who was adopted into the Takakura family, not Kanba (which I had suspected, damn)

Natsume has now obtained a new set of Penguinbullets which can restore memories instead of taking them away

Yuri and Tabuki had originally planned to become a team to revive Momoka together, but slowly develop into a real family

And of course, the major!shock revelation that Shouma was Himari’s soulmate, and that he had given the Apple of Fate to her, not Mario

So with a lot of turns and twists, I’ll get straight to the point. Here’s what I think, personally:

We are set in a timeline where Momoka has reversed the fates- or rather, has ‘boarded’ another train of fate in which Yuri nor Tabuki has died. Thus, this has skewed the fate of everyone who is connected to that train of fate (pun intended)- both the Takakuras and Ringo. Call it the Butterfly Effect; in sacrificing herself for both Tabuki and Yuri, Momoka has literally created a paradox in which everyone’s fatelines (this is now a word) have been altered in one way or another. This includes Himari’s soulmate being Shouma instead of Mario.
    Now in the future of this timeline- we’ll call it the current!timeline for the sake of not creating confusion- something has gone drastically wrong, to the point where Momoka, in the future, has to come back into the past- now the present timeline- in the form of the Princess of the Crystal, to change things back to the way they were supposed to originally be. That is, for Mario (or whoever) being the original soulmate of Himari, and for Yuri and Tabuki to die, Momoka to live, or in other words- for fate not to have been transferred. Momoka speaks of fate in two specific ways- one, which is similar to boarding a train (hence the whole train motif) and the other, which is in the idea of ‘transaction’- not changing fate, but replacing it (see: how Momoka replaced Yuri’s father’s David Statue with the Tokyo Tower, how she replaced herself in Tabuki’s place so that he would not die in the train accident). We can also talk about transfer as to how each character’s parents have in a way, transferred their hopes, dreams, expectations (and fate) onto them. In reference to the boarding the train idea, this leads me to the idea that a train can have many many paths- and if the train is fate, well, why can’t we have parallel universes and timelines? The Princess of the Crystal states she comes from teh destination of fate; that is, where this train stops (or crashes). I believe that’s the end of the line for the current timeline. POC is trying to prevent that from happening- namely, for the train to ‘set on another track’.

Please note that this is pretty specific at the moment; my main general idea is that this is an alternate timeline where the critical point has or has not happened yet and that Future!Momoka, or rather, POC, is trying to rectify things before they happen the way they have happened in an alternate timeline causing everything to go out of proportion.
    Now, Sanetoshi is either trying to do the same thing his own way- by making the children finish ‘the mission’- Project M, which I think, is different for everyone (Ringo- Maternity, Natsume-Martyrdom/Marriage or something, and for Sanetoshi- Mission) or he is against the POC’s wishes and is trying to keep the timeline the same as it is. Somehow, the Penguindrum- which we still don’t know what it is yet, but it is something (either substantial or a mere concept) related to Kanba- and the Diary factor into this. The Diary is not the Penguindrum (still not sure about this). But the Penguindrum has the ability to basically create a mass deus ex machina, which will change everything back to the way it should be- basically, re-alter the current!timeline so it becomes the proper timeline. Now, if the Penguindrum is the Diary, then we’ll have to reconsider Ringo paying the price of it as a result- hence both Openings showing her enveloped in flames (I find it intriguing that Ringo was born right after Momoka’s death- while the first half of the series focuses on her trying to become Momoka, and then not become Momoka, wouldn’t it be interesting if she was the current!timeline reincarnation of Momoka?). However, if the Diary is NOT the Penguindrum, we’ll have to consider it as just another thing entirely. The thing is that anyone who touches the Diary has to pay a price; everyone in this series except Tabuki and Sanetoshi have touched the Diary. (I’m not clear if this is just by touching the Diary, or touching it when it’s in the process of a Transfer). Secondly, POC states that if the Takakura brothers do not obtain the Penguindrum, they will lose something precious to them- more precious than their sister’s life, apparently. Also, we still don’t know what caused Himari’s illness, or why she got it, something Shouma hinted at in this week’s episode, was related to their parents.

Now going back to the Transfer Fate theme in this story:

Shouma is revealed to be the Soulmate of Himari, but knowing Ikuhara (and Utena) along with what actually happened, I’m a bit confused about what ‘Soulmate” really means. We’ve seen different forms of love in this show- for Kanba, he truly is in love with Himari; Shouma likes Ringo as a friend, Ringo is in love with Shouma, Yuri and Tabuki share their ‘love’ through their ‘love’- aka idolization, of Momoka, whom they view as God more than just a friend. Now, going back to the parallel that Momoka brought Tabuki out of the Child Broiler, and Shouma doing the same for Himari: Soulmate doesn’t have to necessarily mean love (I might just be in denial, tbh). For one thing, Shouma wishes Himari to join his family, not get married. This might have to do with the idea that Shouma’s innocence and naivety at that time might have taken the form/concept of giving Himari love through platonic action- placing her into his family. However, this brings two main questions: How did Shouma obtain the Apple of Fate, and why did he choose Himari? I don’t think Soulmate means Love as it means ‘Savior’. Shouma saved Himari from being wiped of her identity, of her loneliness and sin. The second question however, is that why doesn’t either Shouma or Himari remember this? Does Shouma have a sort of Momoka-ness to him? The show has really put him into the background for the majority, which has always led me to suspect that he would play a fundamental role in the end, but I didn’t expect this.

So obviously there’s some loose ends which I still can’t figure out, and we have five episodes left for them to explain all of this (which sort of worries me)…but I guess…we’ll have to find out?

19. Snowolf says:

@Aidan: I do agree with the others here- a lot of the revelations were totally hinted at in previous episodes, especially the fact that one of the siblings was not related by blood, and that Kanba was in association with the same people his parent’s were/are associated with. I’m not so sure about the Shouma revelation- I totally didn’t see it coming, but I do remember chatting with some folks early on about how it could have been a possibility (knowing Ikuhara, just like ljf said)

There were certain moments where I could see the drop in animation for sure, but like already said, I was so invested into the story and the twists that I didn’t really notice? But I mean, we’ve only had three episodes (including this one) which have had a major quality drop, and considering how strong the other parts of this show are, it’s not that big of a deal (this is from someone who takes animation quality quite seriously too). :)

20. Oroboros says:

@LordVernon

How could Himari & Shouma change their fate, after Momoka died? Did they have access to her Fate Diary or some other means?

21. ljf says:

The diary itself does not change fate it’s the spell within the diary that does. So technically one does not need the diary to do the Transfer

22. AidanAK47 says:

@Wendeego,
    The child boiler was shown briefly in himari’s library episode. Though only for about a second. But the issue I have with this twist is that it’s Shouma that is the fated one of Himari. So a lot of those hints you give aren’t really relevant.

“We’ve known pretty much this whole time that either Himari or Momoka had a fated one; the question was which member of the cast it was. Ultimately it came down to either Shouma or his faceless friend, so is it really any surprise that Shouma turned out to be the one? Considering that we know the least about him of anyone in the cast, it makes sense that he has the most to hide!”

Sorry, I don’t understand this. Himari and Shouma have had little screen time together. Most of the time Kanba and Himari were shown together as a giant red herring. I don’t know what you mean by knowing Himari or Momoka had a fated one. And why did it come down to Shouma and the faceless guy? Sorry but either my memory of the past episodes is a little fuzzy or your logic makes no sense at all.

@Snowolf, I accepted that the parent twist and non blood related twist was vaguely hinted. Even if in episode 13 Kenzan said that he had one son that only suggests that one of the boys is adopted but says nothing about Himari being adopted.Its the Shouma twist I find comes straight out of nowhere. And the animation drop has been going on for longer than just three episodes.

23. wendeego says:

@AidanAK47: Well, it’s process of elimination, really. We know that in episode 9, we saw two statues: a girl, and a boy giving the girl an apple. So assuming the girl was Momoka, Tabuki would probably be a good candidate. Or if the girl was Himari, then Shouma or Kanba would be a good candidate (or Yamashita if you were going for conspiracy theories)

Tabuki has already played his role, so he can’t be a candidate–also, notice that Momoka saved HIM, so if anything Momoka gave him an apple. That leaves Himari as the girl, with Kanba, Shouma and Yamashita as candidates. Of those three, we already know a lot about Kanba. On the other hand, we know almost nothing about Shouma and Yamashita, so it stands to reason that since all the other characters have been filled in, one of them would be her soulmate.

Then again, the above is pretty convoluted and probably not logically sound, SO: think about it for a second. Remember Shouma’s speech in episode 12 about Mary and the Lamb? Remember how Mary had to pay a price in order to take the torch?

All this time, a lot of people have assumed that the price was Himari. But if Shouma is the true son of the Takakuras, then what if he was the price? Remember the OP, where the silhouette of one of the brothers fell and dissolved as penguin symbols switched from KIGA to Penguin Force? I think that Shouma (whatever he is) might have been the catalyst that Kenzan used in order to execute Survival Strategy. That would mean that hints were there from the very first episode (in the OP, anyway)

Leaves a lot of questions, though. How much of the Takakura family life is a fabrication? How much does Shouma know? Why is he so useless now? The Takakura parents have taken punishment for Himari and for Kanba, but why is Shouma left out in the cold?

24. rufe says:

I actually saw the Shouma is her “person of destiny” thing coming. I mean…come on with the whole Ringo arc and all.

Though I do have to admit, I though that Kanba was the one who was adopted into the family, not Himari. That surprised me…

25. Hara says:

I’m not over with the KanbaxHimari : remember the strange relationship between Kanba and the Princess of the Crystal ? There’s definitely something behind it. She told him “You can do it (save Himari-chan) because the Penguindrum is your…”
    Until now, Kanba’s been the only character giving his life/heart/blood/whatever countless times to the Princess of the Crystal in order to save Himari. And each time, the Princess is completely naked, hahaha… remember the project M as Maternity ? Moreover, Sanetoshi is referring to the hat as “the veil of the bride”. If the Princess is the bride, she seems to have chosen Kanba over Shouma, and I can’t believe this has no connection with all that “soulmates” matter.

And what about a connection between Sanetoshi and Shouma ? After all, we know Sanetoshi is a strange guy with magic powers close to Momoka’s. We assume he’s been talking about her when he’s saying there’s another being like him in the world.
    That means we only have two “fate gamers” : Sanetoshi and Momoka/Princess. Shouma doesn’t seem to remember anything about magic or fate : could have been “something” else sharing his body when he saved Himari ? Moreover, Sanetoshi seems quite interested by Himari/the princess, trying to kiss her in the library. He failed beacause of the Princess, suddenly taking over Himari’s body, putting her finger on his mouth : “Don’t”. Maybe because she actually chose Kanba as her fated one !

My theory : Momoka is back as the princess of the Crystal. She has chosen Kanba for her survival strategy (aka a baby aka her own reincarnation in the real world ?). Sanetoshi is like her, he wants her but she doesn’t. At the same time, he seems to be playing a game with/against her, related to fate. Maybe him winning the game means he can do whatever he wants with her ?? Maybe for him, putting the train back on tracks means Momoka is going back to him ?
    After all, Momoka’s been messing with the fate of many people and is obviously rejecting Sanetoshi.
    What I don’t understand is Shouma’s role. I’d like to think Sanetoshi has been controlling him so that he could create all this crap about Himari (who’s destined to revive Momoka) being Shou’s soulmate. It’s the perfect way to prevent Kanba and Himari/Momoka from getting any closer.

26. C160 says:

You know, Himari being save by Shouma from the child broiler doesn’t really mean that she have to be adopted. She could be very well the Takakura’s real daughter. She may have felt that she is unwanted when their parents went missing, and in effort to persuade her to come back from the child broiler, Shouma offered himself/his apple(what is that apple anyway? does it really signify “soulmate”?since there are three of those apples in their house). Of course there’s the whole Masako’s “you are still pretending to be their little sister” thing in this episode though. Something might have happened and she “stopped” being their sister.

Someone made a connection between Himari and the shards(symbolizing the children who went through the “broiling” process in the child broiler.Yeah I know, without context everything is wtf) around her in the OP and that got me thinking, is the Princess of Crystals really on the good side? She could be very well on the side of the child broiler people. Or maybe she is on the good side, the crystal symbolizing the non broiled non-shard children..

Another thing is that I don’t think Momoka and the Princess is the same person. My theory is that the princess is the hat entity and she can only possess “special” souls like Momoka, Himari, and Mario. Remember episode 13 when Sanetoshi talked to the camera thing? There are only two things there at that time,Momoka and the Penguin Hat.So yes,I’m going crazy because of this show.

27. Kim says:

I think some people are missing the point about this whole “fated one” business. Just because Shouma is Himari’s fated one does not mean they will be the “end couple” of the series. What you feel and what fate tells you to do are two very different things. In the same way Tabuki actually might have been Ringo’s fated one but she just happened to fall in love with Shouma.

I am actually thinking that the Penguin Queen (who is most likely Momoka) is trying to keep certain characters apart so the world will not get back the way Sanetoshi wants it to: hence the reason Shouma is always knocked out of the survival strategy. Perhaps the POC could see that Kanba had the feelings for Himari and was pushing that relationship that goes against fate. You can also say that in a way the POC brought Ringo & Shouma together another relationship that defies fate.

Was Shouma being Himari’s fated one heavily hinted, no? But there is absolutely nothing in the series that contradicts it either. We always knew it had to be one of the characters in the series and there were limited choices. In fact if my theory is correct the very fact that the POC always removed Shouma from those survival strategy sessions might have been the biggest hint of all.

I am not sure if this is what happened at all. Right now I don’t know who is related to who but I doubt anyone is adopted. I think it’s more that “fate” has been changed creating families that might not have existed in another timeline.

Since Shouma can enter the child broiler like Momoka I also think he has the power to change fate, but he seems to have lost his memory of this ability.

28. kero says:

To be honest, most of “the hints were there” comments mentioned seem to be a load of BS.

I think MPD throws so much stuff at people, that you can go back and read a lot into things, similar to people who think the Nostradamus predicted the future.

This is a show that encourages people to read into everything, and you can read too much into it.

I haven’t read through everything because too many walls of text are being erected, but uh Mario is Himawari’s real intended one? What?

MPD isn’t playing by any rules, and by establishing that anything goes with memory loss/ magic/ changed fates, it means people can be lying when they think they’re telling truths, people can be telling truths that have been turned into lies because of the changes to fate.

I have no idea if I will be satisfied by the final outcome. It’s literally unpredictable.

29. kero says:

Oh yeah..

After last episode I said:

“I would love it if he [Shouma] ends up being the one to save everybody!”

I may have been closer to the truth than I thought, and I might get what I want, which is to see Shouma stepping up and playing a bigger part in the series.

one of the next few episodes HAS to focus on him. COME ON!

30. Kim says:

I did forget to mention that I did think this episode looked bad animation wise. Apparently it was done by the same guy who did episode 10, so it’s not surprising. Maybe this was also a cost savings episode. Ah well!

31. ljf says:

also, for people saying there was no foreshadowing to this plot twist:

32. Frelia says:

Greetings. I’m here to say that Kanba may be the TRUE child of the Takakuras. But when Momoka used her diary to change fate, I’m sort of thinking Shouma was created when the tracks shifted and Momoka disappeared.
    But the scarf Himari was wearing is important to her, and Shouma’s still a mystery…

33. rufe says:

The hints were there are more like…if Shouma didn’t end up in this role it would have been some pretty shoddy writing. Of course nobody’s sure of anything in this series….

Also, I fall into the Shouma is repressing memories like Himari camp. He seems pretty ansty but we don’t know why yet. Finally, I think Momoka and Himari are liked somehow, but of course have no idea how.

Of the many questions I have remaining, Himari’s illness is starting to get pretty pressing…

34. kevin says:

Asspull after asspull. I want to drop this… But after watching this long I may as well stick around to see it all fall apart at the end.

35. wendeego says:

Also, by the way:

According to the eyecatch subway track, we’re just about to turn the corner (just like the real-life subway line it is based on.) The next five episodes are the final stretch. The aquarium is in sight.

LET THE CLUSTER*#$& BEGIN

36. wendeego says:

Also, regarding reading too much into Penguindrum:

For all its inconsistent budget and ridiculous plot twists, I’m of the opinion that Mawaru Penguindrum is one of the most deliberately constructed shows in recent memory. Just look at how the backgrounds are arranged, or the set composition, or how characters or plot elements are often foreshadowed several episodes before they appear.

Did we know that Yuri was a lesbian? No. Did we know that Tabuki’s hands were crushed by a piano? Probably not. We only had a fragmentary glance at the Child Broiler, as well. But we did see Yuri clad in princess garb in the OP (pretty ironic, considering her past) and got a pretty good glimpse at the Tragedy of M, which was pretty much her past and tragedy verbatim. We did see Tabuki juxtaposed with the bird cage a number of times, and the scars on his hands had to have come from somewhere.

And the child broiler? Look back through the episodes for rotating blades–fans, helicopters, whatever. The places that they appear (in the Child Broiler, above Himari’s death bed, part of the helicopter hovering above Yuri as her father abuses her) make way too much sense to be coincidental.

Could Penguindrum have been paced better? Probably. Could we have given us more insight into the characters? Definitely. There are so many balls in the air at the moment that the show very well could self-destruct at the end. But the sheer amount of effort that’s evident in this project makes me think that the creators are giving it their all.

And you know what? I’m totally fine with that. I’ll let Ikuhara carry this crazy experiment to its end. I think that the crew of Penguindrum have the chutzpah to pull it off, but even if they slip up at the end I think the show’s memorable enough that it would be an achievement by any measure.

37. Lemi says:

Man, should have known that chemistry between Kanba and Himari was just a red herring.

38. ren says:

Just a random thought, i’m curious if there’s any potential symbolism (and foreshadowing) between the memory balls (blue = recollection, red = forgetting) and the color of Kanba and Shouma’s hair =\

39. betawatcher says:

I don’t bother to read all these theories about Mawaru Penguindrum. I’m just glad Shouma’s more than just a side character now. (cos I really liked him when he was all joyful and now he’s so emo :-T)

I’d be so sad if Shouma being all magical is just a side effect from Momoka’s powers…

40. Jack says:

Dayumn. This is one of those sereis I wish I had started watching only AFTER it had ended.

Now homeboy Shoma gonna’s show who’s da bawsss, just wait and see! All coming just as keikaku*.

Seriously, Penguim DRAMA feels like a weird cross between David Lynch, Harukami and mental retardation. I love it!

* keikaku means plan.

41. reverse says:

i like it, wasn’t really happy by how thing were going in episode 6 – 15(somewhere in there). but this episode do intrigue me

@Travlos: And black lagoon and gunka no balthsar .
yes! Zipang and Birdy the Mighty II manga updated!
あいうえお
Kaiji is amazing. I did not expect it to portray its outrageous bets so well
Ultimate Survivor
very happy with two last episodes of RE:Creators, though I am not happy with the Yuya cope-out. Virgin Soul remains sweet.
I made it to DC! Reflection and Ranbu comin up soon!
@K-off: Where you particularly far into that manga? Also what was its title? Also I've noticed that rape/quasi-rape =woman becoming attracted has been around in Japanese film even in the 60s.
Well fuck, getting NTR'd out of nowhere in a romance manga sure does feel like an insult, much less a tremendous waste of time. I really should look into whether or not a manga has ntr before I start reading it.
Ah, dominion tank police and AD police, reminding me of my genuinely love of the anime medium.
@Mario, So that was you. I was thinking maybe it was bot of some sort. Accepted the request so you can try sending me something again.
@Aidan: Btw, did you receive my Skype message? I was kicked out from the old Skype account so I had to make a new one and I sent you some texts but not sure if you've recieved it
Well, we're half way of the season already so I might stick with Youkoso. But it's telling that even after watching its episode I don't bother to write up about it... I will give Gamers a full review thou when it ends.
@Aidan: which is great (that they have forgotten about the gaming aspect. Normally, I disapprove of miscommunication in romance/drama but they play it for laugh x 5 times it's rather outrageous, in a good way.
You could drop Youkoso for Gamers you know. I could tell you are not very much into it and I admitly feel like I overestimated it. It at least tries to be above usual light novel fare but is still kinda meh.
@Mario, for some odd reason I kept watching Gamers and it really has forgotten about the whole gaming aspect. It's literally all about the messed up love pentagram now. These people have worse communication disorders than Komi does.
hmmm, anime convention will happen around my place tomorrow. When I say "around my place" it's 3 hours away so I'm not sure if I will come down there. Don't feel really excited to go to be honest.
OMG, Gamers escalates to the whole new labyrinth of misunderstandings... and I'm digging it. I should've blogged this one instead. Amen
@Lenlo, Nioh is something I am going to get to playing soon. Though first I will be getting through Horizon.
Nioh was phenomenal. Was different from Dark Souls in all the right ways.
Your right, there have been so many great games: Zelda, Nier, Horizon, Nioh, as well as the upcoming Mario are all instant classics, and besides that there have been a bunch of other solid fun games like Sonic, Splatoon, Pyre etc.
@Mario: Really just sit down and watch it kind of film.
@Mario: I just got back from Ancien and magic tablet/napping princess/hirune hime/whatever its title. In brief, the fantasy scenes are the highlight and its cute, charming family adventure anime film with alot of heart/endearment, runs on kind of too long and could have had more of a story though.
It says something in a year of great videogames when I can really recommend a Sonic game. Sonic Mania is a good platformer, with great control, charming visuals, great music and level design that feels more readable than the last games I've played in this series.
@Mario, Pres and delinquent girl is my favourite but I still hope the Kuudere couple shows up. This week was hilarious with the little sister trying to get back at her brother's girlfriend only for the girlfriend to know it was her immediately and start screwing around.
Mine is Takurou - Chizuru (the red hair boy and orange hair girl in this week's last segment. Maybe because I have a penchant for weird girl :/
Tsurezure Children... makes my heart melted again. Those who still watch it, who are your favorite couples?
@Kaiser: and I will give you a review on... new spiderman movie or whatever. My friend drags me to watch it with her tonight, and I haven't watched any spiderman installment since the one in 2007. Well, whatever...
@Mario: I will review Hirune-hime tomorrow night hopefully. Also I have seen all his ghost in the shell work, Moribito and Eden of the east but never Cyborg 009 .
This was a long time ago however.
I can remember my dads car got its window smashed then stolen, twice =<
@Kaiser Insurance by itself won't hold you back at all, but getting a new car certainly will. The down payment alone will set you back a couple grand and you likely won't pay off the car for about 2-4 years.
@Aidan Jeez, my condolences. @Kaiser Auto insurance covers most accidents and the rates won't go up so long as it's not your fault and you have evidence to prove it (like a dashcam).
Financially will it particularly hold you back on things like rent, etcetera?
But in all seriousness, that is one of the big reasons I haven't learned to drive, fear of that kind of thing happening, actually I think that might put me off driving if it happened to me.
The car incident is an obvious assassination attempt and conspiracy . Easily avoidable by investing in transport by Dragon .
@K-Off, Lightly hit the side of a Van coming out of T junction. Left light smashed,front bumper and bonnet damaged. Gotta pay for that and the vans side door.
@Aidan Ouch. What happened to it?
Yep. Crimson red. Maybe I was tempting fate.
@Aidan: you should blame your car because it's new and shiny it's more accident prone than others. Did you mention your car is red??
Man isn't it great having a new car. It's also great when you crash your new car and now have to pay hefty repair fees. Fantastic. No injuries or anything but it's going to be a pain to repair.
Princess Principal write-up will have to wait this time tomorrow guys. Sorry for those who wait but nothing can stand a chance against my madness for Monogatari now
I still have a bunch of old anime vhs tapes in my attic yes, would take forever to list though.
movies4life
What to say about "one punch man" ?
movies4life
You have still VHS tapes as well in your anime collection ? (me 40)
Hard to believe I've been at this anime/manga thing since I was 11 and am now in my 30s.
@Boukensha: for this site specifically most of us are like you. On and off with anime; burnt out, move on with life and back again... this why I believe the readers who read this site are slightly older than your average anime audience there.
OldManBoukensha
I think I'll call myself OldManBoukensha. Hope the name sticks (this is the anonyperson)
OldManBoukensha
Thanks for the recommendations @SuperMario and @Kaiser-Eoghan san! Sometimes feels surreal how time has flown, started watching anime and discovered psgels in uni... fast forward 12 years and I hit 30 this year. lots of great memories, eagerly waiting for blog posts for favourite animes like mushishi, seirei no moribito, FMA. ah good times. Thank you for taking the baton and keeping it lively :)
... and it's never too late to set up your permanent username now :)
@Anon1329673: if you had to pick up 1 show this season, then yes Made in Abyss. I'd also recommend Princess Principal as well. For slice of life office, Shirobako? There's a show running this season from the creators of Shirobako, not neccessary set in an office place but they are about adult working as well; the name is Sakura Quest
@Anon: Hataraki man perhaps?
whenever I visit here I wish I had picked a permanent username. been reading psgels since 2005 :)
and do you know of any slice of life office life anime to recommend? I loved fune wo amu from last season. melancholic yet intimate, bittersweet anime
Hey guys, what's the best show running this season? Seems to me Made in Abyss ? If I had to pick up one show, which one would you recommend?
@Mario That's the most common method of getting compromised nowadays, even a lot of youtubers got their channels hacked because of vulnerabilities with the phone carriers.
So naturally, Reflection and Ranbu will be delayed tomorrow because of a move. Last for abit. I promise. Hectic time :P
alright, 18if down. Now's the time that I've been looking for this season. Go watch Owari nowwww
Yep, the author laid out how he wanted it to end before he died. Can't say how the new guy did as the English translation of the novels has not caught up that far.
@Aidan: These were presumably written from notes left behind by the author? Is there a disconnect in quality between the non-original author novels and the ones he wrote?
Also the Familiar of Zero novels are better than the anime. Now, not shakespeare but the anime did not really adapt them well. The novels took the plot a little more seriously while the anime went full slapstick with it.
@Kaiser, I was talking about the novels, not the anime. Someone jumped in to write the last two novels.
Of course things have changed, its been so many years since I saw the initial seasons, I couldn't tell if I'd still care.
Didn't really work in familiar of zeros case though , third and fourth seasons were a decline.
A famous example was Itazura na kiss, author died from having stuff collapse on her , anime finished the story.
@Anon, Likely not now that the author is dead. There are some occasions where people jump in to complete the work like Familer of Zero but in most cases it is just left unfinished.
@Movies, Watched about ten episodes and then just never got back to it. I thought it was alright.
@Amagi, Indeed. Hopefully they won't be around that much.
Apocrypha is pretty good when the MCs aren't around
@Movies: Yes, stopped after he got the powerup and then the manga went on a long hiatus, I liked the art though, the anime was tedious though, filler-y and censored.
movies4life
You guys remember d.Gray-man ?
...I think one of the two working on highschool of the deads manga died/
@anon1327403: funny that you mentioned Highschool of the Dead because I'm planning to watch that one real soon. But to answer your question, as far as I am aware of, no, there isn't any announcement regarding the new adaptation.
Does anyone know if High School of the Dead will ever be picked up by another person
I'm still watching stuff though, just finished the Cobra ovas last night, fun camp in the flash gordon/Barbarella vein, though it misses the soundtrack from the old 80s version.
I love a good Bond type spy thingnow and then but I'd LOVE to see a more serious anime take on the genre.
If kakegurui is enjoyable in the same way a trash-exploitation film is I could see myself watching .
Count me in for those who weren't happy with the progress of abyss' manga.
Then again my gaming days are long long in the past for the most part. The humour in gamers would just turn me off now, I've lost interested in most anime comedy.
I was aware of ANN being down, for the most part I really only skimmed their articles. I wish sega would just put Sonic down, its been on decline for so long.
@KTravlos: have fun with whatever you doing in the next 10 days mates. And if you have time, sample Princess Principal as well
I will be off the net the next 10 days, so sorry if I do not answer any replies etc. Have a good time all! See you later.
took the hiatus of my shows as a chance to sample the current season. Saw first episodes of Kakeguiri, Abyss, and Altair. Kakeguiri and Abyss really did have great first episodes, that grab you. Altair was a bit too old-fashioned, but I will probably continue watching it. Kakeguiri had excellent OP and ED, while Abyss had in general great music. And yeah, you guys were not kidding about beauty
And I still enjoy Gamers thoroughly. Not sure if it can keep up with the misunderstanding mess about relationships from the main cast but so far the show is hilarious
so now I know about why ANN did not work. @Holystockings yes, again I should detest it for many things it has, but they pulled it off and I like it.
Holystockings
I'll be honest here. I would have never guessed that Kakegurui would have been this good.
@AidanAK47 This year there have been a lot of good games. Too many to play seriously. I do wonder how deliberations would be since more than scores or genres I don't feel a all out winner, more than different games excelling at different things.
So finally finished Kado, and I have to say I am not a fan of the shark jump.
Really? Had no idea about the news network site
Also too many games coming this month. SubaHibi, Sonic Mania and Ys Seven. Not to mention cold steel now out. I still need to get blood orange complete and in comes a small, medium and two extra large time sinks.
And in other news Voltorn season three is out but only seven episodes long. With another fourth season coming in October which is 6 episodes long. I wonder why Netflix are spilting up seasons like this?
So, not sure if anyone has heard this or not but the Anime News Network site has been hacked. Hence why you can no longer access it.
@Mario: blancanieves was modern silent take on snow white, a different spin on the story.
@Mario: Fun fact, Mitchum appears in a cameo in the cape fear remake.
ha, I wouldn't mind seeing a gag in a comedy manga series where they did a silent throwback episode.
The expressionist visuals of some of those silent films appeal to me.
My only issue with maddin is that he is hard to marathon, that style as unique and funny as it is only works in small doses.
La Antenna was another good example of modern silent filmaking. Annnnd, this one is SUPER obscure/rare: http://hawkmenblues.blogspot.ie/2013/11/yumemiru-yoni-nemuritai-kaizo-hayashi.html
It's like this: The Artist gets the "look" of silent film, but Guy Maddin's works get the "feel" of it
I can remember Mitchum was in an underated remake of the big sleep...
...though you could really tell even just from listening to him speak he was a pothead.
@Kaiser: I agree with you that Guy Maddin's works are more of a representative of neo-silent than the Artist (the Artist is just so... wide-appealing for my taste. It tries to please everyone). I always feel that Maddin is born in a wrong era. Had he born in the silent era he'd definately be a legend.
@Kaiser: I don't blame the audience from the 50s who didn't get the film. I didn't quite get it the first time either but the film just keep growing on me. I remembet Robert Mitchum in his noir detective role as well, most notably his role in Out of the Past. The lead girl in that movie has a very typical femme fatale look as well, which mean she's gorgeous
@Mario: I've been looking into Guy Maddin's work, its occasionally funny in an absurdist way and alot of the appeal comes from how strange his films are, while I think that film the artist was a good take on silent films, Maddins tributes to silent film are far more successful.
@Mario: People weren't ready for night of the hunter in the 50s, one of those baffling situations that it flopped when originally released, frustratingly that director never got to work again. For me I think that was one of Robert Mitchum's best roles, along with his one in Cape fear.
Ahhh, clumsy finger. Whatever...
*Diary kf the Country Priest of course
Should get into Diry of the Countey Priest soon, but consider it's Bresson's movie I have no doubt it'll be hard to swallow. Also the priest in The Night of the Hunter
@Mario: =) All priest films quiver before the might of Diary of the country priest, Nazerin and Winter light.
@Kaiser: in the same vein with Spotlight, right? 2016 wasn't a good year for priest in movies it seems
Oh, that guy also directed El Club, I liked that one, seriously grim story about exiled priests.
@movies4life: Gin no Guardian is a bif meh for me.
I watched No at the time of its release. Good watch although I don't remember much of it now. Not only they have the same actors as Neruda, those films are directed from the same director. This fude also directed Jackie last year that star Nayalie Portman as the First Lady
@Movies: The other Chinese anime attempts aren't any better I hear.
movies4life
Watch in a day the whole season of Gin no Guardian. Is have so much potential in story and animation but somehow something missing. maybe is just for growing up Kids
@Anon, Like SAO season 2 then. Myself and a friend tried to watch that for the sole reason of taking the piss out of it. Ended up not finishing it because there wasn't anything to take the piss out of because barely anything happened each episode and it was so boring that we couldn't take it anymore.
I have seen "The Secret in their Eyes". A good film. I do recommend "Neruda", and the film "No" which as some of the same actors.
People thought they were 'ironically' watching a bad movie until they realized the movie's so bad it can't even be enjoyed on an ironic level.
I am not surprised that the Emoji movie is bad. But I am quite astonished that people seem to be surprised that it's bad.
Gah, I would hate that, having to put up with a kid in cinemas, having to see , having to financially benefit some anti-art film like that.
movies4life
and i watch Emoji with my daughter....I fall asleep
Secret in the eyes remake was pretty much pointless.
Anon-The virgin witch
I am entirely too old to place any care or importance on whether I sleep with someone or not/ever.
I am entirely too far behind to catch up on monogatari.
I enjoy the surrealism that is present in some Latin filmaking. As for secret in their eyes, its got that great stadium scene and twist later on, though some of the exchanges between actors/characters seemed awkward, overall while I liked it, it felt like an extended tv episode.
I'm also looking forwards to listen to their new OPs. Mnogatari's soundtrack is the only anime soundtrack that I bought a physical CD. Still listen to all those songs quite frequently
Since it is confirmed that there'll be 7 episodes, I think it'll be: Mayoi Hell (2 episodes), Hitagi Rendezvous (2), Ougi Dark (3)
So Owarimonogatari will air in 2 days. I honestly don''t know how I should review it (by episode? by each arc? by day? Rating or not?) but dang I'm gonna review it.
You can try another Latin American film, The Secret in Their Eyes (not the REMAKE one). There was a 10 minutes unbroken (CGI) shot that follow the leads in the football stadium to look for their suspect. Quite impressive
@KTravlos: I missed my chance to watch Neruda when it was screening in my local cinema; but I've heard good things about the film. People said it's an unconventional but effective biopic film. The more I watch Latin American cinema, the more I feel the unique charm from the area that I don't feel anywhere else.
Still, weird manga because its kind of increasingly obvious that the people behind Nana are the bad guys .-. They are just overly sinister.
So skipped third chapter and just read fourth chapter of Talentless Nana. Ok, seems like it might have more of hook now? Villain protagonist vs hero antagonist?(who also can't be killed off first because they are immortal, so she would need to figure out how to deal with him first)
@Anon. Nobody cares mate.

@SuperMario. Hey I watched Neruda last week. It was interesting. Have you seen it?
@Anon, Well we can all make up imaginary sexploits, it's not really something worth bragging about. Perhaps fanfiction would be a better outlet?
I enjoy posting on obscure anime blog chat boxes about my sexploits. ᕕ( ⏒ ロ ⏒ )ᕗ
movies4life
Just watch Ajin both seasons and not sure ...good or just ok
Just watch Ajin both seasons and not sure ...good or just ok
I'm also as of now noticing this Isekai trend. And to be honest the most disappointing aspect for me, is how formulaic the worlds are. This is also a complain in RPGs. But I don't get how like 7 or more of this, feels like the setting could be the same world. I don't know, I just think there should be ways to make each feel more unique.
I went to Chicago and bought a Switch and lots of manga. I was happy with my choices. Murcielago is a violent buddy cop. Delicious Dungeon is a creative take on a dungeon crawler setting and funny. The 7th garden is a well composed manga, if anything a good example for sequential art reference. I also read several chapters of Mushoku Tensei, which is Isekai but heck it did made me care.
It's like the difference between reading Konosuba and watching Konosuba. I read the novels up to date and while it's fine it's like reading the script to a comedy skit. It's not nearly as entertaining as seeing it in action. The animation and actors just added so much more to it.
@Puran, I actually agree with you on that. I read the manga before watching the anime and couldn't really get into it. However I felt that things would change when seeing it animated and indeed it did. Currently I would place the anime adaption above it's source material.
3000 Leagues in Search of Mother
Puran
@Anon, thank you for the update on your sex life.

In other news, I read the manga for Made in Abyss and I didn't really like it...? Felt kinda boring and soulless? While the anime seemed to have some sort of magic and wonder. It kinda spoiled my enjoyment of the Anime. I think I'll drop it for a while and marathon it later to let the bad taste from my mouth subside.
@Anon, That's virgin talk.
Anonymous1320940
my girlfriend is coming back home and I am so looking forward to getting my cock sucked again. Sex starved since Wednesday
@K-off: Genuinely missed Tsugumi when her character got the axe.
Getting the made in abyss post up tonight but it looks like the other two are going to have to wait. Kakegurui's sixth episode will be airing this week and Fate's episode won't be subbed until friday. I will see if I can get secondhand subs to do a writeup but I would prefer to watch it with UTW subs.
The spin-offs are actually a good read because it's essentially similar to the opening few chapters of the main story.

Kakegurui- 07[Refusing Woman]

Today on Kakegurui, we see the end of the bet and well…that’s it. This post may have the same problem as my Attack on Titan posts in that I just don’t have a lot to say here because not a lot actually happened. Mary refused the student council president’s offer to join the student council […]

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu – 8 [Protect History]

This was perhaps the best week yet for Ranbu. There are no flashy fights or new enemies, but there is a lot of characterization and quiet moments. Lets jump in. Ranbu starts this week right after the 1st Units victory of the unnamed Retrograde soldier. Honebami does some fawning over the units strength, before being […]

Ballroom e Youkoso – 07 [Tenpei Cup]

I spent the majority of the previous review breaking down a single scene, so let’s play catch-up for a bit. This episode features the Tenpei Cup, an annual event held by some rich dance enthusiast. Despite not being an official competition, the stakes are high: if the fledgling pair of Tatara and Mako can outplace […]

Princess Principal – 07 [Case 16 Loudly Laundry]

This week in Princess Principal … what exactly did I just watch? Suddenly spies do (steampunk) laundry and do business as well? Getting 231% raised in revenue and catch a thief in a process? That’s a bit of a stretch here. And who in the right mind would think it’s a good idea for a […]

Re:Creators – 18 [All of Us Are Incomplete]

One of the major gripes I have with this series is its uneven presentation that has far too much exposition while lacking in the action department. In the eighteenth episode, it finally found its footing in balancing the exploratory themes of creativity, action scenes and comedic bits in a seamless transition as Re:Creators successfully sustain […]

18if – 07 [And now There are none…]

This episode is one of the reason why I am glad that I’m still putting my faith on 18if, an episode that displays a complete different range of visual style, and a satisfying children’s story about friendship as a cherry on top. There’s a lot to love here, from the beautiful aesthetic that heavily influenced […]

Shoukoku no Altair – 05 [The City of the Lighthouse]

After a three-week break, Shoukoku no Altair returned today with an episode reminiscent more of its first three than its last. If you’ve been reading these posts for the last couple months, you’ll know that’s not a good thing, at least from where I’m sitting. We were awash in exposition and timeskips again this time […]

Classroom of the Elite – 06 [There are Two Kinds of Lies; One concerns an Accomplished Fact, the Other concerns a Future Duty]

Youkoso embraces its true nature this week, pulling off some resolves that are pulpy, but clean up nicely the conflicts they present this episode. With episode 6, not only class-D settles the accusation from class-C; they set up, and quickly resolve, Sakura’s stalking issues and gives a much-needed concern regarding Ayanokouji’s own agenda behind his […]

Re:Creators – 17 [The Rain’s Rhythm Shoots Down on the World’s Roof]

If you are still remaining faithful to Re:Creators over the course of months on end, then this is the episode where all the buildups and exposition pays off in dividends with the grand opening of the ‘Elimination Chamber Festival’. Characters with long standing grudges square off, insert songs being played back-to-back, and Studio TROYCA really […]

Castlevania Season 1 Review – 70/100

Upon hearing that Castlevania would be getting an animated TV series my first reaction was that of unpleasant surprise. Part of the reason was because of the video games infamous history with adapting their stories to other mediums but my main reason was that being familiar with the Castlevania games, I knew the story was […]

Tsuki ga Kirei (Spring 2017) Review – 88/100

It’s hard for me not to go overboard on Tsuki ga Kirei: out of all the show I’ve followed this season, I resonated the most to this one; but even when I’m judging this show objectively, Tsuki ga Kirei is one of the most perfect one, in a way that it achieved exactly what it […]

Seikaisuru Kado Review 51/100

Seikaisuru Kado was a title which caught my attention for a number of reasons. For one it’s visuals showed not a single teenager in sight and a cast mainly consisting of working adults. Another is that it deals with a premise not often tackled in anime, Philosophical Science Fiction. The story features an alien being […]

ID-0 (Spring 2017) Review – 81/100

Here comes one of the most under-appreciated anime of this Spring season. ID-0 has many hassles that keeps viewers away from watching it: Netflix exclusive, full CG animation and a plot that just plain weird and a bit incomprehensive at first view. I originally took it as nothing more than fun spooky little-seen show until […]

Grimoire of Zero (Spring 2017) Review – 77/100

I remember, back in our first impression of this series, Aidan remarked that Grimoire of Zero isn’t your typical LN-adaptations, but he didn’t know what to make of it. To be honest, after watching an entire cour, I’m still unsure what to make of it myself. This show has some serious flaws, yet despite all […]

Uchoten Kazoku Review – 94/100

(Note: Since psgels didn’t give his final review to the first season, this review is for the entirety of Eccentric Family. If I had to grade the second season alone, it’s 90/100). Doesn’t matter how you look at it, the Eccentric Family is a unique show, in a way it feels and tastes like no […]

Little Witch Academia TV Review – 80/100

The Little Witch Academia series has been something that’s a long time coming. Ever since Studio Trigger made the original Anime OVA back in 2013 I have been hotly anticipating the time when it would be fleshed out into it’s own anime series. I love both the original OVA and the enchanted Parade so this […]

Window Horses (2016) Movie Review – 87/100