Posted by psgels on 6 February 2012 with categories: Another

I didn’t expect the answers for everything to come up this early in the series. This episode was where this show said “okay, that’s enough building up, time to explain why everyone is acting so weird”. And I must say, I like the story that’s behind this a lot here.

This puts the first episodes in an interesting perspective: we were lead, along with the main character, to believe that Mei was some sort of ghost. Instead, she was only treated as a ghost by the students of class 3. On top of that, the real ghost is one of the other students of the class, just nobody knows who.

That also has a very interesting effect that I applauded this series for: there are no copy-paste students in that class. Everyone here feels like a proper classmate, there just are a bunch of them who don’t talk to the main character. This doesn’t have the usual anime syndrome where some characters have obviously better character designs or something. The only exception of this being Mei, who just looks too moe compared to the rest of them (I was quite surprised when I saw how much she changed compared to her designs of the original source material).

What’s also surprising is that my criticism of the first two episodes (it’s trying too hard!) are much less noticeable right now. I mean, during art class, episode 2 had people draw things like the scream, and the random doll shots that appeared for no reason whatsoever. In this episode, everyone was acting very naturally. It’s like the creators were afraid that these first two episodes weren’t interesting enough to hold people’s attention, so they threw those random things in there or something. Personally, I use completely different criteria to determine if something is worth my time. In particular I look at the execution and acting, which were perfectly fine and would have been even better with those obnoxious distractions.
Rating: ** (Excellent)

1. Cholisose says:

While I always felt this show had an excellent atmosphere, I now feel safe in saying it has an excellent storyline too. It’s really rather clever how all the “slightly off” events of the first four episodes now make a lot more sense. All the little ways everyone acts… it all fits now. Definitely my favorite show of the season–I only hope the story’s quality will remain this good now that the playing field has changed so much.

2. john says:

This show’s main problem is that it gets to the amazing parts a lot later on. People nowadays are way too used to the first couple of episodes being amazing, and when it isn’t, they just drop it.

3. Cytl says:

Now that you mention it I think you’re right about the hook in the first episodes. Along those lines the choice of Noizi Ito for the characters designs pretty the correct, expanding the target audience with more friendly-to-the-eye characters is a good way of not loosing the integrity of the story.
    I kinda want to see the character development for Mei next episode.

4. Padre says:

Loving this series so far. This is the first anime I’ve watched in a long time where I don’t feel like I have to force myself to sit through it.

5. imredjimmy says:

Oh now this is getting very interesting :D Congrats to the person (i don’t remember who) that had guessed that they were just ignoring Mei to counter some sort of curse. I wish I could have the class roster with the pictures to keep track of all of them and put big red X’s on their faces when they die XD If I’m right there were 30 of them….minus the girl with the umbrella and the heart attack guy. 28 left, Mei doesn’t really count though, and I wonder if the main character is on the class roster as well…

6. sato says:

Because of the fact that the “another” student doesn’t know he’s dead, we can’t stop suspecting Mei until the final reveal. But Kouichi is most suspicious at the moment, because he’s the new “transfer” student that disrupted the class. With his ties to the class through his aunt and dead mother, and the fact that the series started with him in a hospital bed, there’s plenty of evidence. Likely, that’s all the author’s trolling to lead us astray. So, if written well, the suspects will keep increasing!

But I do wonder, if the deaths are set off by the arrival of an extra ghost student who gets left out because there isn’t a desk for them, why don’t they just add a desk when the numbers don’t match?

• TinyRedLeaf says:

By that time, it would be too late. It means acknowledging that the ghost student exists, which triggers the curse. (Hey, teach, so-and-so doesn’t have a desk… Wait, you’re not supposed to exist! uurrk *falls down dead*)

It appears that the current counter-measures are the result of several iterations of trial and error. The students still don’t know why the curse exists, let alone what drives it. But they seemed to have stopped the deaths for the better part of the last 10 years, or so they had hoped.

The trick, it seems, is to always ensure that only 29 REAL students are assigned to Class 3-3 every year. Before the school year starts, someone must be “volunteered” as non-existent, so that when the “extra” turns up, the class would still officially have 29 students. The magic number is 30, it seems. Once you start the year with 30 students, the deaths begin.

Kouichi’s arrival, AFTER the start of the term, threw a massive spanner into the works, leaving the poor students confused about what to do next. Is Kouichi the “extra”? If he is, wouldn’t it be dangerous to acknowledge his existence? But what if he’s not? It would be cruel to ostracise someone for no fault of his own. Neither can they tell him about it, because the “probation” has already started. Telling him, if he turned out to be the ghost, acknowledges his existence, wham, the curse begins.

It was a Catch-22 situation. The students were damned if they do, and damned if they don’t.

• CY says:

Wait… I thought you’re supposed to treat the Ghost as a real student and ignore one of the real students in order to keep the Curse at bay?
        Isn’t that why there’s 29 students but 30 sets of tables & chairs in the classroom? *Confused*

I have got to stay this… If they do pull a “Sixth Sense” and make Kouichi the ghost… I will freak out… Anyway, i couldn’t help but feel that Kouichi’s mother will also play a role in the story as that Library Teacher seem to imply…

As for Mei not being the Ghost… Is it just me or does her animation seem more alive and less other-worldly after the relevation?

But all in all, I’m voting for the Countermeasures girl, Akazawa Izumi… No concrete reasons but i’m getting some weird vibes from her… :P

• Rio says:

Isn’t it the fact that Kouchi was acknowledging Mei’s existance that was the problem?

• mousoukyoku says:

Yes, that’s exactly the problem. The key is not that the students have to treat the dead one like (s)he’s alive. Nobody knows who is the extra one from hell. The extra one doesn’t even know him/herself. The class experienced fewer deaths in the past as long as this countermeasure worked accordingly and everyone cooperated. That’s pretty diffucult though as you can imagine I guess. They’ll also be telling a bit about that in the next episodes if I remember the novel correctly.

• Padre says:

Wait. If there is supposed to be 29 students at all times, and 30 when the ghost is added into the fray … Kouichi’s arrival SHOULD bring the total number of students to 31, no?

This alone should instantly clear Kouichi (or instantly identify him as the ghost). If, after his arrival to the class, the grand total of the class is 31, then it can be said that he ISN’T the ghost, since the ghost had already appeared before he arrived. But if the total is 30, then Kouichi would be the “30th classmate”, which logically means …

• Gunner says:

If I’m not mistaken, Kouichi is the 30th student (Not sure if he’s really the extra).

He’s a transfer student and hospitalized in the first days. That’s why everyone was anxious, asking him weird question like “have you lived here before?”. I assume they suspected him to be a former resident of Yomiyama who died, which also means that he’s the extra one. But Kouichi said he’s never been in Yomiyama before, that’s also why he didn’t know about the urban legend.

• Rio says:

I don’t think it can be Kouchi because with the ‘extra ghost student’ they don’t know when it arrives. They just suddenly realise there aren’t enough desks.

They all know that Kouchi is a transfer student though, so knowing about his arrival surely that means he can’t be the ghost?

From the layout of the desks, it looks like 5 columns and 6 rows which is 30 desks so he must be the 30th student.

7. Anca says:

I haven’t seen the past two episodes yet, but people actually believed Mei was dead? Heh.

The thought did cross my mind, but when everyone could see her just fine I thought “so people are just pretending she doesn’t exist.”

8. Andmeuths says:

Well, there’s still a chance that Mei is the Dead one. Who is to say that whatever the accident that caused her to loose an eye actually killed her, instead?

9. RABUJOI says:

Revealing some truths (like Misaki is not a ghost) and answering some questions (like why the class is ostracizing her and now Sakaki) only leads to more questions for me (like what’s the endgame?), but that’s okay. I’m glad this series has started to turn away from earlier horror cliches and is finding its own voice.

10. starpowder says:

Honestly, I don’t think that Koichi’s the “extra” because he was on the roster since the first day of when the class started. They even pointed it on in episode one.

I read on another forum that possible reasons why Mei was chosen was because:

1) Her name is Misaki, the same name of the first girl who died 26 years ago.

2) Her cousin died (which is why she went to the morgue and why Kouichi had the nurse investigate before her own untimely death) when Kouchi was in the hospital. That may have been the first death from the class (remember that the curse also affects the class’s family members as well) and they freaked out and decided to ignore her.

3) Even though the president of the countering-measures was present when the class officers at the time gave him flowers in the first episode, it wasn’t like they could have explained to him what the “rules” were (which, again, when Mei’s cousin died – they probably freaked out and thought that the curse had already begun).

What I would like to know is: even if the above theory is true about the reasons why Mei was chosen (or if it really is a coincidence but I honestly don’t buy that for a second) as the “extra” for that particular year, why didn’t they tell him before he went back to school? I mean, if I’m remembering it right, I can understand they didn’t because the nurse and Kouichi’s family were there so it wasn’t like they were able to be respectful towards them… but why not shortly thereafter or rather do it right when the pig-tailed girl eventually cornered and talked to him about it?

That’s one serious mistake if that’s the case.

Customize
Gate
So Rewrite took the "Bad End" route. Interesting. Their choice, not the show of course which was a freaking mess from start to finish.
Ah, reminding me that I have not left Ireland since 2012 when I went to Rome. Although I have floated around the idea of maybe going to Slovakia.
@Mario Thanks, although I'll be working the whole time I'm at Seoul with sundays off. Expecting about 40-50 hours of work a week. Sucks that your trip got canned, in the Winter there's no place you'd want to be other than southern California.
Congrats K-Off. Hope you enjoy the trip. I myself originally planned to go to US on this December but now the plan got wrecked. Should be fun spending Xmas in Japan especially
Got my international drivers permit from AAA today, and it also looks like I'm stuck with over half the travel fees since I've signed myself off the agency plan. It's now official, I'm going to Seoul and then spending my christmas holidays in Tokyo. Been a long time since I left the country, last time was in 2011.
That was me Mario
@Masky: it wasn't, but Gui Niao did mention the pipe has multi-purpose functions: do far he uses the pipe to write, to create a hallucination smoke, to make an actual bushfire, to open the lock, now to be a sword-pipe. What's next? To be a wifi modem? to be a boomerang? to shapeshift into an umbrella?
So Thunderbolts Fantasy :D Totally called the pipe being a sword (assuming it wasn't shown earlier and I just forgot about it)
@Anon146321, typos are hard to avoid when you write fast. What's really important to is that the point gets across, which it did.
Medium not meduim
I wonder if trolls consider people explaining why their trolling is bad a successful trolling .-. I mean, my experience is that most of trolls aren't really smartest or most creative of people, I think most of them are happy if people just talk about them.
@Anon141285, oh come on boy. Put some effort into trolling. You need to get people to actual think you believe what you are saying. Here you have already messed up because you use the old "Chinese cartoons" which is supposed to piss of anime fans because it suggests you are ignorant of the meduim but then you reference the nukes showing full well you know where they are from. You have failed.
Chinese cartoons proof that two nukes weren't enough. Or were too much depending on the perspective
oh, talking about teenage horror female movie, make sure to check out Raw whenever its available online. That is one hell of a fun cannibal ride!
my point is we tend to spend our stupid 20s phase feel like its wasted, but really it does help develop our hobby/sense/wisdom, whatever it is.
I find myself now that I've grown up wanting to punch kid characters from horror films lol
About the watching stories with younger female characters...its starting to feel like I shouldn't be or that it doesn't feel appropriate, actually sort of awkward/skeevy.
True enough. But remember that even Quentin Tarantino had his 20s basically just a movie-clerk, watched movies like a maniac and he made that classic Pulp Fiction when he was like 33
Looking back It feels dickish that I laughed reading NHK.
I mean look at Re-life, I mean ow, everyone went through that.
I think we'll find that stage where we'll get irritated by stories reminding us of our stupid 20s phases eventually just as some teenage focused anime/manga annoyingly remind us of being teens.
In terms of anime/manga, much as I'd still see myself liking NHK I could see myself getting more frustrated with the lead character now being in my early 30s.
In the past year I've been looking at hentai/ecchi imageboards not as often as I used to.
Judy Delphy and Juliette Binoche have aged surprisingly well...
Ah its less fancying/finding them attractive, moreso taking notice of them.
I can understand the others but Meryl Streep too? Man, you're aging I can tell
@Mario: Julianne Moore, Isabelle Huppert, Meryl Sreep, Susan Sarandon, Cate Blanchett.
@Kaiser: like whom if I may ask?
But I'm always interested in women issues myself so Mustang just hit me hard
Its a sign of me aging I guess too. I'm noticing older actresses too now where I wouldn't have in the past.
Looking forward to Under the Shadow too, also really keen to see how The Bad Batch would turn out to be
Strangely I've become more engaged with teen, coming-of-age films recently (well, Aku no Hana is sort of teen drama as well),but yes, old man's psyche is my thing too
@Mario: Synecdoche, the passenger, winter light, anomalisa , wild strawberries , la notte for example.
@Mario: The day is coming where drama centred around twentyboppers won't have the same level of effect on me. Had I seen buffalo 66 5 years ago I would have been all over it. Old man/middle age angst is becoming more my thing.
@Mario: I'm honestly having a harder time getting into films that focus on young girls/teenagers.
@Mario: Theres only a few upcoming films left I'm looking forward to, Elle, Valley violence, whispering star and under the shadow.
@Mario: I appreciate mustang for the issue it deals with and addresses but I felt it predictable and the drama didn't hit harshly enough. It feels like an academy/oscars film.
Kaiser: remember I mention about watching those 96 Cannes line-ups? I think I will get to watch them soon, since I downloaded all the movies already
@Kaiser: btw, you hated Mustang? It's also one of my favorite film so far.
but maybe think of it that way will make the manga more entertaining...
You see Aku no Hana as a dark comedy? haha I'm speechless
Like you Mario I don't care for heavy infodumping and that took me out of the new world.
Bebop had that problem for me in that I saw outlaw star and trigun first.
I still feel aku no hana is a guilty pleasure manga, a crazy dark comedy or maybe thats just my humour.
Hataraku had me laughing up to episode 7, while Amagi felt stale from the start.
Looking back on Baccano I still like Claire and Russo but the other characters not so much, the main series is enjoyable enough but the extra episodes hold back the score.
I've never watched Habane straight through although I have finished the series. Ghost vs ergo? Ergos final episode wrecked the show.
I thing Hataraku was a lot more consistent, but Amagi had some standout episodes. For me the OVA, the pirate ship episode and the school episode were great. "Simply put, we have to go lewder" is one of my fav quotes
How was that by the way? I never bothered to watch Amagi Brilliant Park all the way through because I felt so cynical about it after the first two episodes. Hataraku Mao Sama on the other hand was genuinely refreshing for the first half of the season.
In other news, The Eccentric Family is getting 2nd season. Now I'm filled with joy
Still feel bad to compare an 1-cour series (Baccano) to an 4-cours one. But in this case Baccano would take my cake.
I reckon The Devil is a Part Timer vs Amagi Brilliant Park would be a fun one, and I wouldn't know which would win.
Baccano vs Durarara might make a good matchup. Baccano is the better one but Durarara does seem to be more popular.
Syndrome
Yeah it is a bit obvious and they dont share much in common anyway. Just that they are two of the most well known anime out there. I enjoyed NGE more than Cowboy Bebop, but I agree on the later beeing overall a better anime.
Oh look. Berserks Manga is on Haitus again. Muira...just..at this point I ain't even mad. Just disappointed.
Well, new post on Flowers of Evil is out. Come eat it up.
@Syndrome: was thinking about that match-up (NGE vs Cowboy Bebop) but isn't it too obvious? I always intend to pick something that caught you guys off-guard haha
@Syndrome, no contest. Cowboy Bebop wins outright.
Syndrome
On a serious note, for related anime, I would be curious about something like Ergo Proxy against Ghost in the Shell
Syndrome
Go for NGE vs Cowboy Bebop and watch the world burn
Yeah, I agree it's one of the main factors, but even so From the New World had a higher grade too. But I wouldn't pick Haibane Renmei against From the New World if I didn't think it had a chance to win. Those who loved the former really loved it, while people more appreciate From the New World than actually love it. Well, can't beat the consensus I guess.
I'd say a major reason for that would be the popularity difference. On MAL, Haibane has a following of 110k people, with FTNW having 270k.
I'm personally quite disappointed with the results. Will try harder for a more competitive match-up next time
@Mario, if you say so. I say by now the victor has been decided.
@Aidan: we don't need to sticky the Versus Show again, as I will put up the Aku no Hana post tomorrow anyway
Yeah the brightness got a bit much in some places after episode 18.
I thought the brightness was done well in the episode with Rem sitting beside Subaru's bed and her smiling/crying, but yeah this was too much
@anon125687: my thought exactly. While I was watching it I thought to myself that it's too bright!!
Why do final episodes overdo the blur effect and fuzzy lighting its literally over dramatic cancer. Just let it end normally ffs
afgm
Well, it's hard, since it doesn't really feel finished, so even if you know it will eventually end well if given a chance, you can't really put your full confidence behind those bets
Got a bit long winded in that review and yet I feel like I really didn't get across what makes the series so good.
Well that's the Re:Zero review written up. I will get to work on 91 days next and maybe Prisms Illya maybe after that. Lost all entuasim after they messed up that last episode in Illya. Overall it's been pretty disappointing.
As for that twist. I think they could work it easily into a first episode. The impact would still be there for people marathoning the thing in the future and it would be a good "Oh Shit!" moment to start the second season. If they jump ahead a bit to a certain moment it would actually make for a great opener.
I say the only chance of season two not coming would be if White Fox doesn't like money. Considering that the pace which the light novel adaption has sped up from every few months to a release every month I guess that they want to make that second season as badly as we want it. At this pace they could start a second season in maybe a years time. Maybe every half a year depending on cour length.
Syndrome
Also, if season 2 ever come (that would be a surprise if not, and truly annoying), I dont know how they will manage with the "twist", as something this impactful would come way too fast without any kind of setup. Wait and see, I guess.
Syndrome
After seeing the last Re:Zero I couldnt help but spoil myself, and I kind of understand why WhiteFox went with that kind of ending, skipping what would be a giant shtstorm on the internet. Even though, in a sad world where there would be no season 2, Im still a bit disappointed with the ending. Its nice to wrap it up this way but its a stale regarding the plot and there is no food for thought.
@aidan: you sure are fast when it comes to Re:Zero haha. Alrighty, we'll go with that then
@mario,I am putting up a Re:Zero post. Tommarrow. I will unsticky it for a day and then we can sticky it again.
reaLjustified
@K-Off No worries, it's so messed up. Stay safe.
@Aidan: if you going to post Re:Zero review soon, you can unsticky the Versus Show post, otherwise I will take it down in 2 days
@K-Off: I feel for ya. Glad that there were only minor injuries. I heard a blogger claimed that he did it because of the gay rights. Sound bullsh*t to me
Shit ton of manga have gotten updates but I don't feel like talking about them for a while, lost my appetite.
@Kaiser Living in NYC all my life I remember 9/11, flight 587 crash in Queens, the Hudson River water landing, and now this.
So far it seems most of the people calling it disappointing are those who know whats comes after that last scene and were looking forward to how the fanbase reacts to it. But it would have been a pretty terrible as well as evil way to end the series.
Yeah, I thought it gave enough closure for us to be satisfied yet still desperately wanting the next season.
@Anon120947, I really don't see what's so disappointing about it. I thought it was a pretty solid way to end the series.
I think at most the worst thing that happened in my area was two conmen going around and an gangster attack on a nearby hotel.
@K-off: Honestly, glad to hear you're safe. And having a bomb go off nearby would make me feel paranoid.
@Anon: I'm waiting, waiting for reviews written after the show ends.
Anonymous120947
Feels like it has been done this way in case of a never happening season 2... to kind of close it.
Anonymous120947
Wow, that last episode of Re:Zero was pure straight disapointment... finishing like this feels is real suffering.
Well, we don't know yet. We don't know who did it, if it was connected to the pipe bomb explosion in jersey, etc. But the second device found on 27th street does seem to point the situation towards terrorism.
afgm
Luckily it doesn't seem to be a terror attack
Yeah. I was a good 8 blocks away inside a restaurant so I didn't even know until later. It must have been a pretty small bomb since all the injured have apparently already been released from the hospital.
Damn. Just looked it up. Good thing you weren't at the area when the bomb went off.
Fucking hell, transit is so congested I still can't get home. Luckily it seems like there's no fatalities according to the initial reports, there are still a shit ton of people around central for shelter. I didn't hear or feel the explosion at chelsea, and currently I'm at lenox with my bicycle. So congested it looks like I'm going to have to walk my bike a few more miles before I get picked up. L
Watched The Empire of Corpses. I makes me sad to see a great idea be turned into such a mediocre movie. I think this concept could have been put to much better use but instead it decided to go with the blandest option.
The guy who will direct it is a live-action director who only had Psycho Pass the Movie (not a good one) as an anime director. WTH? Don't know what to think about this new FLCL now
and it will be co-produced by Adult Swim on top of that?
How comes I just noticed this old news that FLCL will get two-seasons sequel...
And by that I mean "Huh, haven't checked the blog for two days"
Yay commenting on two days old blog posts
Finished rewatching Re:Zero and now ready for the finale. Let's see how this goes.
I will be mourning the now dead hope of a somewhat decent Berserk adaption.
The last few episodes were not bad but purely on the merits of the source material and not the adaption.
@Bam: I'll be mourning indeed.
@Anon 112098: I haven't watched Chef, but it has more to do with me not interested in chef's life whatsoever. Is it good?
Bam
I'm out of town until Sunday evening. The Berserk finale post will hopefully be up early Monday mourning, followed by the overall cour review a bit later in the week.
Anonymous112098
Habe u seen Chef with John Favreau?
I am quite upset with how Sliver link handled that scene. It was the one scene I wanted done right. Just that one scene...and they screwed it up.
He scored the Prince of Egypt? I didn't know that, but yeah I remember it had a great score. Also "When you believe"
Well, a lot of his earlier work is just brilliant. Prince of Egypt in my opinion is his greatest work.
*nothing wrong
Well, Hans Zimmer could do nothing really; but that's a reason why I have a bit of problem with his scores. Everything he made are solid but ultimately sound the same to me.
Agree that the music has been excellent. Not only the soundtrack thou, but the sound editting in general is great (that ringtone during the Great Whale for example).
@Mario, Understandable. As much as I love this show, I admit that it has elements I am sure could turn off people.
Also I really should have talked about the music in this series more. It really is a phenomenal soundtrack. I hear they were going with a more cinematic approach to it with Hans Zimmer being a primary inspiration.
@Aidan: it has been a fun ride, I'm glad I stick with it till the end; although I'm not as enthusiastic about it as you are. :)
Re-watching Re:Zero in preparation for the finale. Still is awesome a second time through. In fact the middle part of the series I felt dragged fairs a whole lot better when marathoned though. Noticing a number of things watching the second time. For one Roswell has a really goddamn annoying way of talking. I say I will be giving this on a very favorable review.
Hugh Mungus
@TopGavin, I haven't watched it yet but I hope what you said about the animation isn't too bad because this is where they need to be on top of their game.
So that fate episode was interesting, lotsa stuff happened. Seemed like the animation was worse than usual and my god how could the subs screw up the incantation.
reaLjustified
@Aramus Why would you want to send the picture to your friend? Tell 'em to see it for themselves at the site! lol.
Friend
Most of the time they meant no harm, I think it's always about getting recognition. They quickly take them down after I send them a polite email, and I let them save their ego without smearing them on their page.
afgm
(ok maybe a little fault should go to them lol)
afgm
@Friend: That sucks, but its definitely understandable. People can be pretty thoughtless at times (no fault to them of course).
afgm
tiger mask did make it into the upper quartile though, which is surprising
Friend
@afgm I don't have a large internet presence with my work exactly because I've had situations with theft on Pinterest. For work, I just carry USBs with my portfolio pieces in them :/
Friend
@Aramus Heya, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately the fell image won't be available openly unless for commercial purposes, but otherwise feel free to contact me in my business email! :)
afgm
ah you know what? I read the title Time Bokan 24 and thought it had 24 votes x)
@afgm: Time Bokan receives 0 vote the last time I checked it. I'm more surprised that people love Haikyuu that much
Such a shame because I enjoy writing it a lot
2 more episodes on Thunderbolt Fantasy and I might break the sites' record (hall of shame really) for covering a show without any comment, haha.
afgm
Also what is Time Bokan and why does it have more votes than 95% of the other anime in the poll haha
afgm
well it's always iffy giving out images without the creator knowing. You can never know where its going to end up. I strongly suggest you contact Friend.
aramus1
@Afgm Sorry, I was the anon. The weird username thing is bugging out. And was going to send it to a friend, did she not want it out there?
afgm
@anon: you better not be thinking about refistributing the image without her consent. youre better off contacting her on her homepage...
@Anon108797, In the comments he mentions that it's an April Fools joke. So there is hope for humanity yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bBa44-FIqk Why does this even exist
Can't believe I still haven't read Dragon head or the world is mine yet...I need to fix that.
@afgm Awesome! Is there any way to get the source image though, her portfolio doesn't have it unfortunately.
afgm
the footer has the source. it was made special by her
Aramus
Yo, can anyone give a source on the new wallpaper thing? it looks awesome!
@Mari, no problem. Thanks for for the thanks.
I argee that the fall looks to be pretty weak but it's hard to tell until the season really starts. I have been blindsided by series before.
MariShandy
AidanAK47 and those who helped you, thank you for the season preview. Time to pick the series that I will follow. You make this much easier for me!
#nochin
it reminds me of Durara
afgm
Well Occultic;Nine does have pretty good promotional material, too, and the concept is pretty cool.
I think the majority of our readers are Steins;gate fans seeing as Occultic;Nine is currently in the lead on the poll.
Updated the preview with the more tag so episode posts don't get pushed down to the end of the page.
haha so watch the anime with us then
Too many chapters of both out at the moment for me to marathon/catch up lol
Good choice, Kaiser. Good choice!!
My vote is for drifters and 3-gatsu no lion. Will jump onto the manga where both leave off after.
For reader's info, I've gone ahead and marked this season preview on top page. It deserves to be there for at least few days :). New posts (there's already one) will be under this preview post.
To those waiting on a 91 Days Episode review, tomorrow. I have done my job tonight.

fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-3rei-11-12-2

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei – 11-12

I will be the first to admit that this season of this series disappointed me. I still stand by my word on this being better than previous seasons of the show but watching it fold out in animation has made me begin to think I was overstating just how good it really was. Though part […]

mob-psycho-100-11-4

Mob Psycho 100 – 11

Looks like I need to eat my own words as it turns out Reigan isn’t the organization’s leader but he managed to convince the guards that he was. This was definitely Reigans finest moment as he makes use of pure deception to catch everyone off guard. He has absolutely no idea what exactly is going […]

91-days-10-4

91 Days – 10

As we near the end of 91 Days I have taken this time to really think over what this show has presented so far and I admit to be somewhat disappointed. Ultimately the ride has been solid and Studio Shuka have delivered on their promise of making a Mafia drama. However I cannot help but […]

orange 11a

orange – 12

For the first time orange manages to do something different narratively. The first half of this week’s episode tells the original timeline in Kakeru’s point of view, and with that we can understand more clearly about his emotional progress, at the same time gives us much more details about his Mom. In the original timeline, […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 91/100

re-zero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu-25-3

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 25

Well it’s over and what a ride it was. Betelgeuse is defeated, everyone is saved and Subaru gets to confess his love to Emilia to leave the series off on a hopeful note. Only thing that would have made it better is more Rem but let us be frank, there is never enough Rem. I […]

Thunderbolt Fantasy 11c

Thunderbolt Fantasy – 11

This week things escalated pretty quickly. Our helpless MC Shang Bu Huan shots himself in the foot pretty quickly. I already suspected it’s a matter of time before his scam will be exploited by Mie Tian Hai, but I surely never would have guessed it’s that early. Shang Bu Huan, hilariously, is just plain terrible […]

mob-psycho-100-10-2

Mob Psycho 100 – 10

Plenty of action this week as Mob, Terumi and Dimple take on the major members of claw. As far as what happen this episode feels a lot like your standard fare for a shounen anime series. The main group infiltrating an enemy base, split up and encounter the enemies in one on one style battles. […]

orange 11c

orange – 11

Well, this episode is one the most emotionally wrenching orange has put up so far and for me at least this dramatic turn of event is what this show does best. Kakeru’s issue is a fundamental one. So far, the group succeeds in helping him to open up more and enjoying himself bit by bit, […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373