Posted by psgels on 20 February 2012 with categories: Mirai Nikki

Plothole time: a person cannot just “act well” from out of nowhere. I don’t care if Yuno wrote a perfectly fine script. Yukiteru still had to act it out with confidence. Something that goes completely against his character.

Still, this episode was full of fun twists. Eleventh as the major of the city makes for a nice final villain, and his speech in order to close down the orphanage was a very nice introduction. I just have one message to the creators of the anime: if you show him in the midst of all sorts of telephones, instead of having Eighth, you’re pretty much spelling out that he’s going to acquire her server diary at some point. Way to create tension here!

Now, I had been spoiled about there being two Yuno’s… multiple times (thank you, manga readers…), but still the identity of the third corpse came as a surprise to me. The creators can do some nice things with this. The whole plot twist of deceiving Eighth also was very nice to pull: they know how Eighth’s diary works, and because of that it would be easier to get rid of them, while also making use of the occasion to find out what Eleventh’s diary does. Why Yuno didn’t immediately pull the trigger when she had her gun right next to Eleventh’s nose is beyond me, though.

What also surprised me is how the soundtrack has gotten better recently. The new tracks here feel much more colourful and energetic whan what this show had before, working in this series’ favor.
Rating: ** (Excellent)

1. Sean says:

Maybe Yukki manned up because he was tired of being a wimp? He knew what had to be done and that the way to do that would be close teamwork with Yuno. The outfits for both Yukki and Yuno were gorgeous. So sexy!

2. DmonHiro says:

No, Yukki manned up because right now, he literally has nothing left to lose. Both his parents are dead, and the only way to revive them is to become God. FU to those who spoiled you, that was uncool.

Since I can’t help it myself: 11th is not the final adversary. And I don’t think you can guess who it is.

3. Sean says:

DMonHiro, why are you spoiling me?! Right now at least, 9th and Kurise seem to be the main adversaries and I don’t think it’s unlikely for 9th to be an adversary again. Who else? The most logical explanation for the third corpse would be that Yuno had an identical twin who she wanted dead. Or else that was someone else’s umbilical cord. The Yuno from ep 1 must still be alive because the phone is still there.

• Oroboros says:

Methinks you haven’t watched enough anime from 2011 to come up with anything better than that.

OTOH I much prefer the anime’s foreshadowing of this surprise twist (in Episode 1 over the manga), that Yuno is not Yuno, but I suspect that we’re due a few more twists.

• Sean says:

Do you mean Steins;Gate? I feel like time travel would be an overused letdown. Why would either Yukki or Yuno have to resort to time travel if one of them is a god? How else would they time travel? I could hardly tell what was happening at the beginning of episode 1. Was that supposed to be Yuno? It looked most like Akise.

• Oroboros says:

Since I haven’t read the manga, my speculations are spoiler-free, but may hit closer to the mark.

The answer, however ambiguous, is in the first 30 seconds.

Why would the next World’s Greatest Detective be chopping up Yuno with an axe? Has the show established Akise Aru doing anything like that in 19 episodes? Use the internal logic of the show, and you’ll arrive at the right or best guess.

4. dene323 says:

I wish Minene-sama would just throw that grenade at the car, the end.

• Oroboros says:

What happened to your powers of speculation? They were pretty solid in the past. Has your account/identity been hijacked or something? ;)

• dene323 says:

Nah, I have been spoiled :P The truth is so close to be revealed I would refrain from any sort of “speculations” that would ruin other people’s viewing experience.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Watching others’ reactions can be more fun sometimes.

As for Minene and the grenade, I’m semi-serious about it. When would you get another chance of having 4 other remaining diary holders within a blast radius?

• Oroboros says:

Minene has had many chances like this in the past only to not pull the trigger. At least three or four different times she’s had Diarists at her mercy and didn’t eliminate them.

That leads me to the belief that she isn’t in the game to win outright — at least not immediately. Moreover, she has vested interest in that cop Nishijima, and the grenade was a deterrent for others, not an offensive weapon.

Sorry u spoiled yourself, which prevents u from enjoying the anime :(

5. Trass says:

“Plothole time: a person cannot just “act well” from out of nowhere.”

…So you think both your parents dying, leaving you nothing and no one else in this world, is not enough to make you change yourself? D:

Like I said earlier, his parents deaths aren’t just there for the twists. It serves as Yuki’s turning point in his personality.

6. Machi says:

I’m with Trass on this one. If ever Yuki needed a reason to win other than surviving its this. So I’m not surprised he acted it well given that he has a purpose.

7. petitorenji says:

His fugly facial expression at the end of the ep when Akise showed up with the truth signifies that he has… returned to his former self. Guess the death of his parents weren’t shocking enough?

8. hoiut says:

Having marathoned episodes 1-19 of this series, I have to say that while I like the premise and some of the characters, the anime as a whole feels a bit contrived. Of course we have the quintessential wimpy male lead, but working within a yandere pairing makes for some freshness and added intrigue. All the same, some of the developments just don’t sit well with me.

First and foremost is the believability of some of the “bad things” that happen. The entire plot is focused around some form of omnipotent god fabricated by the main character’s imagination who decides to thrust the main character’s city into chaos for the sake of conveniently staging a “kill-em-all” game between 12 seemingly random participants. What’s more, the (obviously human) winner of this game is somehow promised the imaginary god’s throne and to rule over time and space. Believability aside, nobody even bothers to question this.

And then we have some of the annoying characters who complement the show’s misplaced humorous segments. We’re introduced to a seemingly badass counter-villain who gouges out eyeballs and injects drugs, but who is later unconvincingly revealed to be a misguided childlike buffoon who supposedly acted in accordance with a juvenile sense of justice (replete with Power Ranger pelvic thrusts near the end of his arc). Once this aired, it dialed back the supposed ‘maturity level’ of the show considerably right before it dialed back up — and then way back down.

There’s also a bunch of unbelievable antics from the main character, especially in recent developments. Unlike how Death Note handled its main plot gimmick, the diaries don’t feel as real — we’re supposed to believe the kid would write all the answers into a phone, so he can then use a ‘future diary’ to cheat on all his tests without anyone noticing, even when the teacher calls out Yuno just for playing with clay. And then the increases in his grades are immediately used as irrefutable evidence that he’s a “diary holder,” despite nobody even knowing the fundamental capabilities of his dairy? The whole situation is beyond absurd.

What’s worse is that this character seems to be used as a poor conduit for the plot. He does things that don’t seem believable given his characterization — the only thing consistent about him was his wimpy awkwardness, which was recently overwritten to make room for a subplot in which he ruthlessly betrays and murders innocent people in order to become god instead of accepting his lot and moving on. He hasn’t even seen a lick of evidence that the so-called imaginary god can resurrect people (in fact, the only evidence is to the contrary). Yes, he lost his mom and dad, so I could certainly understand motives for revenge, but even after the cheap ploy of associating his rotten father with stargazing at the very end, that’s absolutely no reason to kill everyone in the name of a (literally) false god…all in hopes of later somehow BECOMING the god and resurrecting everyone from the dead or something. You’d think if he was this “determined” he wouldn’t have been so keen to accept all the other crap thrown his way (the game, the betrayal by his friends, the crazy stalker, the deaths of countless people directly attributable to him, and so forth. Besides, his methods are certainly more than questionable at this point.

Having seen corpses in the girl’s house, he decides to “forget about it” after unconvincingly fretting for a while and then pretty much falls in love with her later. Suddenly one of the corpses is identified as the same girl and he gets all riled up about some sort of ridiculous “betrayal”. So she had a twin or something. How is that more traumatizing to our “changed lead” than her killing her own parents? And as long as there were corpses and skulls being dragged around by this girl — the same girl who recently tied him to a chair, force-fed him and collected his piss in a glass bottle — why should the familial identify of one of these corpses even weigh into things? The guy hardly knows the insane chick beneath the surface (and he acknowledges this repeatedly), so why is an arbitrary fake name something to suddenly go nuts over?

Suspension of disbelief is fine — I’ve suspended disbelief a lot more forcefully in some other shows and ended up loving them to bits. What a story needs is a CONSISTENT level of believability. This show tries to convince us that everything is incredibly realistic in one scene, when in the next it seems to wink and show something that would make any viewer shake his head. Compared to this, the stuff that Deadman Wonderland and Guilty Crown try to pull suddenly doesn’t feel too off-base, for better or for worse.

• Trass says:

I wrote an essay long enough to answer every little bit of your questions, but before I could finish the last sentences and post it, there was suddenly a blackout. I got discouraged and decided to forget it anyway.

But on second thought, I’ll at least answer one question.

Deus isn’t an “Imaginary” God created by Yukiteru’s “Imagination”.

He IS a god. If you actually read his lines, he said that he’s not a mere imagination. He is a god, so why can’t a “GOD” chooses to exist inside the imagination of a human. Yuki didn’t make him up. Deus decided to exist in his imagination by his own will, as means to contact candidates for the next God. This, is also the way he used to contact the remaining diary users. If you watch the show carefully, there are some times when a diary user suddenly appears in front of Deus in split second, and then they’re suddenly in the real world again. Yes, it’s just their imagination. Deus is talking to them that way.

• hoiut says:

I honestly appreciate the effort, and I certainly like your explanation of Deus’s entity. The awesome ridiculousness of his character now has a bit more redeeming consistency in my eyes.

It’s truly a shame about that blackout, though.

9. notintheface11 says:

I like how people like hoiut are really wanting this to be an intensely serious and realistic show and let every plothole get to them when that’s clearly not the purpose of this show.

• hoiut says:

If you read everything I wrote (and I certainly won’t blame you if you didn’t; it was unnecessarily and stupidly long), I said I often enjoy even more absurd series than this one. A little more consistency in believability (or unbelievability) would help, though.

This one just tries to blend realism and inconsistent suspension of disbelief. It’s clear the anime depends on things being realistic in one moment and then violates that dependency itself the next.

And also, I never said I didn’t like the show. Psgels mentions some inconsistencies in enjoyableness throughout the series, too. ;) It looks like the second half is a bit more focused, though. Looking forward to the finale!

10. Vonter says:

Mother disappointed I thought she was some sort of mastermind given that she was working with the 7s from afar. Being deceive by Yukiteru has to be very humilliating.

11. kero says:

so yuno isn’t really yuno, but like, what does that really matter anyways? I mean Yukiteru already knows she’s a parent murdering maniac, and I think this is the Yuno he’s been with all the time, and it’s not like he really knew her before, so what does it matter that she’s not Gasai Yuno in the scheme of things?

Anyways, pretty unbelievable about face by Yuki, but agree music has got better, and again it was so out there that I could still enjoy it. Ish.

I hope it does blow my mind with it’s what the fuckery, because it’s been pretty hyped up by the manga readers.

Customize
@anon196168 I'm all ears for suggestions.
Anonymous196168
If youre going to japan maybe you could do something more unique than just taking pictures of locations? Plenty of those already on Google.
Noticing a server error showing up on the shoutbox there.
Good point, normal users generally just stay anono. ke69Vin?...69...really....that's just sad humor right there.
That was most definitely little Kevin as well. 9vinke6 is obviously an anagram.
@9Vinke6, I don't know what you are trying to share but it ain't an image. Deleting your comment as I don't want dodgy files on the site.
Are you kidding??!! Tokyo is amazing if you want excitement & you want to experience social life. But I agree go to Osaka. If tokyo is like Quebec then osaka is like toronto. More laid back
OPM was a shoe-in. It's showing very good success on Adult Swim on US TV and Viz is throwing big dollars to keep the gravy train rolling
One Punch Man season 2 was announced. Expected but most certainly welcome.
...now I need Re:Zero season 2.
CJayTiiii
Honestly, if you are going to Kyoto essentially no shrine is worth visiting in Tokyo because none of them are as nice as the ones in Kyoto and they are essentially all tourist traps.
If you guys insist I'll give Osaka serious consideration. But again I'd hate to gloss over Kyoto or Tokyo. But anyhow my 4 week stay in Seoul will be eternity compared to the Japan trip.
CJayTiii
Ikebukuro is probably used almost as much as shibuya? Specifically for durarara right around the station (east side) is used a lot. Kabuki-Cho in shinjuku is definitely used a lot but I couldn't tell you in what off the top of my head.
CJayTiii
Also as someone who lived in Kyoto and now lives in Tokyo, I would suggest spending as much time as possible in Kyoto as there is just so much stuff to do there. Tokyo there honestly really isn't that much stuff to do here other than going out to drink I feel. Lol also Osaka is only a 30 min train ride (about 5$ USD) from Kyoto so it's easy to go there for a couple hours
@Mario I'll be home by new years unfortunately, I'll have to settle for Christmas in tokyo.
@CJay Thanks, any suggestions for Tokyo? I'm trying to avoid cliché locations for anime-related scenery. Like Shibuya.
CJayTiii
For Kyoto, Tatami Galaxy is probably the best anime for side by side comparisons. Kamogawa river, Kiyamachi street, and shimogamo shrine are famous areas that pretty much constantly make appearances throughout the show.
@K-Off: Disney Tokyo? haha If it was me I've chosen somewhere more... locally. But who I am to judge as I celebrated last New Year Eve in Times Square, the most tourist spot of them all. But I really hope you can spend some time to go to some shrines for the New Year in Tokyo.
@Mario The person I'm travelling with wants to spend Christmas at Disney Tokyo, and unsurprisingly nearly all places will still be open, same as NYC. Christ, I'm more worried about my wallet.
@K-Off: Makes sense. I'd say better stick in one place for long days rather than short trips in several places. Even 10 days for those 2 places wouldn't be enough imo, well especially during Xmas since the streets will be busy and many places could be closed (I guess?)
@Mario It doesn't seem like I'll go to Osaka, the goal is to explore Kyoto and Tokyo and much as possible for a week and a half. If I can squeeze it in there I will, but that means spending less time in Kyoto and/or Tokyo. The bulk of my trip will be in Tokyo for now.
Yeah, Kenshin had a whole Kyoto act, but it was more historical anw and I feel it didn't explore the city that much (more of a ruined city)
Really, only uchoten Kazoku, tatami galaxy and durarara come to mind. Are you planning to go to Osaka as well? I heard from my friend Osaka is about an hour drive from Kyoto only.
@Anon174851 Ah good one.
@Mike Thanks. Durarara is a good suggestion, but I haven't watched Rurouni Kenshin.
Mike
@Kaiser Sure, the story doesn't do anything for me but it's not a waste of time.
@K-Off You can do pretty much anything in Tokyo I'll bet. Anime in general aside from shows like Durarara don't emphasize the setting very much... Kyoto is more interesting, rurouni kenshin is the first thing that comes to mind.
uchouten kazoku is a really good one set in kyoto!
Haven't heard of it. Anyways, do you guys have any suggestions for favorite anime series set in Kyoto or Tokyo? I'm planning my itinerary and the idea is to take a lot of side by side comparison pictures from their anime depictions to RL. I have YuruYuri, SYD, Detective Conan, and various KyoAni spots in mind, but my brain isn't remembering others.
I'm considering finding some War/military manga to read, has anyone read Gunka no balthazar? Is it worthwhile?
@Anon164960, They announced a second season for it so they ain't done with that trainwreck yet.
Gate
So Rewrite took the "Bad End" route. Interesting. Their choice, not the show of course which was a freaking mess from start to finish.
Ah, reminding me that I have not left Ireland since 2012 when I went to Rome. Although I have floated around the idea of maybe going to Slovakia.
@Mario Thanks, although I'll be working the whole time I'm at Seoul with sundays off. Expecting about 40-50 hours of work a week. Sucks that your trip got canned, in the Winter there's no place you'd want to be other than southern California.
Congrats K-Off. Hope you enjoy the trip. I myself originally planned to go to US on this December but now the plan got wrecked. Should be fun spending Xmas in Japan especially
Got my international drivers permit from AAA today, and it also looks like I'm stuck with over half the travel fees since I've signed myself off the agency plan. It's now official, I'm going to Seoul and then spending my christmas holidays in Tokyo. Been a long time since I left the country, last time was in 2011.
That was me Mario
@Masky: it wasn't, but Gui Niao did mention the pipe has multi-purpose functions: do far he uses the pipe to write, to create a hallucination smoke, to make an actual bushfire, to open the lock, now to be a sword-pipe. What's next? To be a wifi modem? to be a boomerang? to shapeshift into an umbrella?
So Thunderbolts Fantasy :D Totally called the pipe being a sword (assuming it wasn't shown earlier and I just forgot about it)
@Anon146321, typos are hard to avoid when you write fast. What's really important to is that the point gets across, which it did.
Medium not meduim
I wonder if trolls consider people explaining why their trolling is bad a successful trolling .-. I mean, my experience is that most of trolls aren't really smartest or most creative of people, I think most of them are happy if people just talk about them.
@Anon141285, oh come on boy. Put some effort into trolling. You need to get people to actual think you believe what you are saying. Here you have already messed up because you use the old "Chinese cartoons" which is supposed to piss of anime fans because it suggests you are ignorant of the meduim but then you reference the nukes showing full well you know where they are from. You have failed.
Chinese cartoons proof that two nukes weren't enough. Or were too much depending on the perspective
oh, talking about teenage horror female movie, make sure to check out Raw whenever its available online. That is one hell of a fun cannibal ride!
my point is we tend to spend our stupid 20s phase feel like its wasted, but really it does help develop our hobby/sense/wisdom, whatever it is.
I find myself now that I've grown up wanting to punch kid characters from horror films lol
About the watching stories with younger female characters...its starting to feel like I shouldn't be or that it doesn't feel appropriate, actually sort of awkward/skeevy.
True enough. But remember that even Quentin Tarantino had his 20s basically just a movie-clerk, watched movies like a maniac and he made that classic Pulp Fiction when he was like 33
Looking back It feels dickish that I laughed reading NHK.
I mean look at Re-life, I mean ow, everyone went through that.
I think we'll find that stage where we'll get irritated by stories reminding us of our stupid 20s phases eventually just as some teenage focused anime/manga annoyingly remind us of being teens.
In terms of anime/manga, much as I'd still see myself liking NHK I could see myself getting more frustrated with the lead character now being in my early 30s.
In the past year I've been looking at hentai/ecchi imageboards not as often as I used to.
Judy Delphy and Juliette Binoche have aged surprisingly well...
Ah its less fancying/finding them attractive, moreso taking notice of them.
I can understand the others but Meryl Streep too? Man, you're aging I can tell
@Mario: Julianne Moore, Isabelle Huppert, Meryl Sreep, Susan Sarandon, Cate Blanchett.
@Kaiser: like whom if I may ask?
But I'm always interested in women issues myself so Mustang just hit me hard
Its a sign of me aging I guess too. I'm noticing older actresses too now where I wouldn't have in the past.
Looking forward to Under the Shadow too, also really keen to see how The Bad Batch would turn out to be
Strangely I've become more engaged with teen, coming-of-age films recently (well, Aku no Hana is sort of teen drama as well),but yes, old man's psyche is my thing too
@Mario: Synecdoche, the passenger, winter light, anomalisa , wild strawberries , la notte for example.
@Mario: The day is coming where drama centred around twentyboppers won't have the same level of effect on me. Had I seen buffalo 66 5 years ago I would have been all over it. Old man/middle age angst is becoming more my thing.
@Mario: I'm honestly having a harder time getting into films that focus on young girls/teenagers.
@Mario: Theres only a few upcoming films left I'm looking forward to, Elle, Valley violence, whispering star and under the shadow.
@Mario: I appreciate mustang for the issue it deals with and addresses but I felt it predictable and the drama didn't hit harshly enough. It feels like an academy/oscars film.
Kaiser: remember I mention about watching those 96 Cannes line-ups? I think I will get to watch them soon, since I downloaded all the movies already
@Kaiser: btw, you hated Mustang? It's also one of my favorite film so far.
but maybe think of it that way will make the manga more entertaining...
You see Aku no Hana as a dark comedy? haha I'm speechless
Like you Mario I don't care for heavy infodumping and that took me out of the new world.
Bebop had that problem for me in that I saw outlaw star and trigun first.
I still feel aku no hana is a guilty pleasure manga, a crazy dark comedy or maybe thats just my humour.
Hataraku had me laughing up to episode 7, while Amagi felt stale from the start.
Looking back on Baccano I still like Claire and Russo but the other characters not so much, the main series is enjoyable enough but the extra episodes hold back the score.
I've never watched Habane straight through although I have finished the series. Ghost vs ergo? Ergos final episode wrecked the show.
I thing Hataraku was a lot more consistent, but Amagi had some standout episodes. For me the OVA, the pirate ship episode and the school episode were great. "Simply put, we have to go lewder" is one of my fav quotes
How was that by the way? I never bothered to watch Amagi Brilliant Park all the way through because I felt so cynical about it after the first two episodes. Hataraku Mao Sama on the other hand was genuinely refreshing for the first half of the season.
In other news, The Eccentric Family is getting 2nd season. Now I'm filled with joy
Still feel bad to compare an 1-cour series (Baccano) to an 4-cours one. But in this case Baccano would take my cake.
I reckon The Devil is a Part Timer vs Amagi Brilliant Park would be a fun one, and I wouldn't know which would win.
Baccano vs Durarara might make a good matchup. Baccano is the better one but Durarara does seem to be more popular.
Syndrome
Yeah it is a bit obvious and they dont share much in common anyway. Just that they are two of the most well known anime out there. I enjoyed NGE more than Cowboy Bebop, but I agree on the later beeing overall a better anime.
Oh look. Berserks Manga is on Haitus again. Muira...just..at this point I ain't even mad. Just disappointed.
Well, new post on Flowers of Evil is out. Come eat it up.
@Syndrome: was thinking about that match-up (NGE vs Cowboy Bebop) but isn't it too obvious? I always intend to pick something that caught you guys off-guard haha
@Syndrome, no contest. Cowboy Bebop wins outright.
Syndrome
On a serious note, for related anime, I would be curious about something like Ergo Proxy against Ghost in the Shell
Syndrome
Go for NGE vs Cowboy Bebop and watch the world burn
Yeah, I agree it's one of the main factors, but even so From the New World had a higher grade too. But I wouldn't pick Haibane Renmei against From the New World if I didn't think it had a chance to win. Those who loved the former really loved it, while people more appreciate From the New World than actually love it. Well, can't beat the consensus I guess.
I'd say a major reason for that would be the popularity difference. On MAL, Haibane has a following of 110k people, with FTNW having 270k.
I'm personally quite disappointed with the results. Will try harder for a more competitive match-up next time
@Mario, if you say so. I say by now the victor has been decided.
@Aidan: we don't need to sticky the Versus Show again, as I will put up the Aku no Hana post tomorrow anyway
Yeah the brightness got a bit much in some places after episode 18.
I thought the brightness was done well in the episode with Rem sitting beside Subaru's bed and her smiling/crying, but yeah this was too much
@anon125687: my thought exactly. While I was watching it I thought to myself that it's too bright!!
Why do final episodes overdo the blur effect and fuzzy lighting its literally over dramatic cancer. Just let it end normally ffs
afgm
Well, it's hard, since it doesn't really feel finished, so even if you know it will eventually end well if given a chance, you can't really put your full confidence behind those bets
Got a bit long winded in that review and yet I feel like I really didn't get across what makes the series so good.
Well that's the Re:Zero review written up. I will get to work on 91 days next and maybe Prisms Illya maybe after that. Lost all entuasim after they messed up that last episode in Illya. Overall it's been pretty disappointing.
As for that twist. I think they could work it easily into a first episode. The impact would still be there for people marathoning the thing in the future and it would be a good "Oh Shit!" moment to start the second season. If they jump ahead a bit to a certain moment it would actually make for a great opener.
I say the only chance of season two not coming would be if White Fox doesn't like money. Considering that the pace which the light novel adaption has sped up from every few months to a release every month I guess that they want to make that second season as badly as we want it. At this pace they could start a second season in maybe a years time. Maybe every half a year depending on cour length.
Syndrome
Also, if season 2 ever come (that would be a surprise if not, and truly annoying), I dont know how they will manage with the "twist", as something this impactful would come way too fast without any kind of setup. Wait and see, I guess.
Syndrome
After seeing the last Re:Zero I couldnt help but spoil myself, and I kind of understand why WhiteFox went with that kind of ending, skipping what would be a giant shtstorm on the internet. Even though, in a sad world where there would be no season 2, Im still a bit disappointed with the ending. Its nice to wrap it up this way but its a stale regarding the plot and there is no food for thought.
@aidan: you sure are fast when it comes to Re:Zero haha. Alrighty, we'll go with that then
@mario,I am putting up a Re:Zero post. Tommarrow. I will unsticky it for a day and then we can sticky it again.
reaLjustified
@K-Off No worries, it's so messed up. Stay safe.
@Aidan: if you going to post Re:Zero review soon, you can unsticky the Versus Show post, otherwise I will take it down in 2 days
@K-Off: I feel for ya. Glad that there were only minor injuries. I heard a blogger claimed that he did it because of the gay rights. Sound bullsh*t to me
Shit ton of manga have gotten updates but I don't feel like talking about them for a while, lost my appetite.
@Kaiser Living in NYC all my life I remember 9/11, flight 587 crash in Queens, the Hudson River water landing, and now this.
So far it seems most of the people calling it disappointing are those who know whats comes after that last scene and were looking forward to how the fanbase reacts to it. But it would have been a pretty terrible as well as evil way to end the series.
Yeah, I thought it gave enough closure for us to be satisfied yet still desperately wanting the next season.
@Anon120947, I really don't see what's so disappointing about it. I thought it was a pretty solid way to end the series.
I think at most the worst thing that happened in my area was two conmen going around and an gangster attack on a nearby hotel.
@K-off: Honestly, glad to hear you're safe. And having a bomb go off nearby would make me feel paranoid.
@Anon: I'm waiting, waiting for reviews written after the show ends.
Anonymous120947
Feels like it has been done this way in case of a never happening season 2... to kind of close it.
Anonymous120947
Wow, that last episode of Re:Zero was pure straight disapointment... finishing like this feels is real suffering.
Well, we don't know yet. We don't know who did it, if it was connected to the pipe bomb explosion in jersey, etc. But the second device found on 27th street does seem to point the situation towards terrorism.
afgm
Luckily it doesn't seem to be a terror attack
Yeah. I was a good 8 blocks away inside a restaurant so I didn't even know until later. It must have been a pretty small bomb since all the injured have apparently already been released from the hospital.
Damn. Just looked it up. Good thing you weren't at the area when the bomb went off.
Fucking hell, transit is so congested I still can't get home. Luckily it seems like there's no fatalities according to the initial reports, there are still a shit ton of people around central for shelter. I didn't hear or feel the explosion at chelsea, and currently I'm at lenox with my bicycle. So congested it looks like I'm going to have to walk my bike a few more miles before I get picked up. L
Watched The Empire of Corpses. I makes me sad to see a great idea be turned into such a mediocre movie. I think this concept could have been put to much better use but instead it decided to go with the blandest option.
The guy who will direct it is a live-action director who only had Psycho Pass the Movie (not a good one) as an anime director. WTH? Don't know what to think about this new FLCL now
and it will be co-produced by Adult Swim on top of that?
How comes I just noticed this old news that FLCL will get two-seasons sequel...
And by that I mean "Huh, haven't checked the blog for two days"
Yay commenting on two days old blog posts
Finished rewatching Re:Zero and now ready for the finale. Let's see how this goes.
I will be mourning the now dead hope of a somewhat decent Berserk adaption.
The last few episodes were not bad but purely on the merits of the source material and not the adaption.
@Bam: I'll be mourning indeed.
@Anon 112098: I haven't watched Chef, but it has more to do with me not interested in chef's life whatsoever. Is it good?
Bam
I'm out of town until Sunday evening. The Berserk finale post will hopefully be up early Monday mourning, followed by the overall cour review a bit later in the week.
Anonymous112098
Habe u seen Chef with John Favreau?
I am quite upset with how Sliver link handled that scene. It was the one scene I wanted done right. Just that one scene...and they screwed it up.
He scored the Prince of Egypt? I didn't know that, but yeah I remember it had a great score. Also "When you believe"
Well, a lot of his earlier work is just brilliant. Prince of Egypt in my opinion is his greatest work.
*nothing wrong
Well, Hans Zimmer could do nothing really; but that's a reason why I have a bit of problem with his scores. Everything he made are solid but ultimately sound the same to me.
Agree that the music has been excellent. Not only the soundtrack thou, but the sound editting in general is great (that ringtone during the Great Whale for example).
@Mario, Understandable. As much as I love this show, I admit that it has elements I am sure could turn off people.
Also I really should have talked about the music in this series more. It really is a phenomenal soundtrack. I hear they were going with a more cinematic approach to it with Hans Zimmer being a primary inspiration.
@Aidan: it has been a fun ride, I'm glad I stick with it till the end; although I'm not as enthusiastic about it as you are. :)
Re-watching Re:Zero in preparation for the finale. Still is awesome a second time through. In fact the middle part of the series I felt dragged fairs a whole lot better when marathoned though. Noticing a number of things watching the second time. For one Roswell has a really goddamn annoying way of talking. I say I will be giving this on a very favorable review.
Hugh Mungus
@TopGavin, I haven't watched it yet but I hope what you said about the animation isn't too bad because this is where they need to be on top of their game.
So that fate episode was interesting, lotsa stuff happened. Seemed like the animation was worse than usual and my god how could the subs screw up the incantation.
reaLjustified
@Aramus Why would you want to send the picture to your friend? Tell 'em to see it for themselves at the site! lol.
Friend
Most of the time they meant no harm, I think it's always about getting recognition. They quickly take them down after I send them a polite email, and I let them save their ego without smearing them on their page.
afgm
(ok maybe a little fault should go to them lol)
afgm
@Friend: That sucks, but its definitely understandable. People can be pretty thoughtless at times (no fault to them of course).
afgm
tiger mask did make it into the upper quartile though, which is surprising
Friend
@afgm I don't have a large internet presence with my work exactly because I've had situations with theft on Pinterest. For work, I just carry USBs with my portfolio pieces in them :/
Friend
@Aramus Heya, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately the fell image won't be available openly unless for commercial purposes, but otherwise feel free to contact me in my business email! :)
afgm
ah you know what? I read the title Time Bokan 24 and thought it had 24 votes x)

orange 13b

orange – 13 (end)

We come to an end of orange’s ride. After teasing us for a whole season whether or not history repeats itself, they decide to go with a happy ending route. While I’m not entirely happy with orange as a whole, this double-length final episode succeeds on closing the story in high note. At the very […]

91-days-11-4

91 Days – 11

So this is it? This is the grand master plan of Avilio’s brought to full fruition? I guess it is and let me say that it’s certainly a let down. Edmond Dantes Avilio is certainly not as his plan pretty much feels like he was going along with the flow and calling it a plan. […]

Thunderbolt Fantasy 12a

Thunderbolt Fantasy – 12

Now, we just have one episode left, but things get even more intense and crazy by the minute, to the point I don’t really know how they would wrap it up neatly. At the beginning Shang Bu Shuan was mocked by Juan Can Yun that he should be titled “Edgeless Blade”, because his sword-style is […]

fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-3rei-11-12-2

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei – 11-12

I will be the first to admit that this season of this series disappointed me. I still stand by my word on this being better than previous seasons of the show but watching it fold out in animation has made me begin to think I was overstating just how good it really was. Though part […]

mob-psycho-100-11-4

Mob Psycho 100 – 11

Looks like I need to eat my own words as it turns out Reigan isn’t the organization’s leader but he managed to convince the guards that he was. This was definitely Reigans finest moment as he makes use of pure deception to catch everyone off guard. He has absolutely no idea what exactly is going […]

91-days-10-4

91 Days – 10

As we near the end of 91 Days I have taken this time to really think over what this show has presented so far and I admit to be somewhat disappointed. Ultimately the ride has been solid and Studio Shuka have delivered on their promise of making a Mafia drama. However I cannot help but […]

orange 11a

orange – 12

For the first time orange manages to do something different narratively. The first half of this week’s episode tells the original timeline in Kakeru’s point of view, and with that we can understand more clearly about his emotional progress, at the same time gives us much more details about his Mom. In the original timeline, […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 91/100

re-zero-kara-hajimeru-isekai-seikatsu-25-3

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 25

Well it’s over and what a ride it was. Betelgeuse is defeated, everyone is saved and Subaru gets to confess his love to Emilia to leave the series off on a hopeful note. Only thing that would have made it better is more Rem but let us be frank, there is never enough Rem. I […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373