Posted by psgels on 20 February 2012 with categories: Mirai Nikki

Plothole time: a person cannot just “act well” from out of nowhere. I don’t care if Yuno wrote a perfectly fine script. Yukiteru still had to act it out with confidence. Something that goes completely against his character.

Still, this episode was full of fun twists. Eleventh as the major of the city makes for a nice final villain, and his speech in order to close down the orphanage was a very nice introduction. I just have one message to the creators of the anime: if you show him in the midst of all sorts of telephones, instead of having Eighth, you’re pretty much spelling out that he’s going to acquire her server diary at some point. Way to create tension here!

Now, I had been spoiled about there being two Yuno’s… multiple times (thank you, manga readers…), but still the identity of the third corpse came as a surprise to me. The creators can do some nice things with this. The whole plot twist of deceiving Eighth also was very nice to pull: they know how Eighth’s diary works, and because of that it would be easier to get rid of them, while also making use of the occasion to find out what Eleventh’s diary does. Why Yuno didn’t immediately pull the trigger when she had her gun right next to Eleventh’s nose is beyond me, though.

What also surprised me is how the soundtrack has gotten better recently. The new tracks here feel much more colourful and energetic whan what this show had before, working in this series’ favor.
Rating: ** (Excellent)

1. Sean says:

Maybe Yukki manned up because he was tired of being a wimp? He knew what had to be done and that the way to do that would be close teamwork with Yuno. The outfits for both Yukki and Yuno were gorgeous. So sexy!

2. DmonHiro says:

No, Yukki manned up because right now, he literally has nothing left to lose. Both his parents are dead, and the only way to revive them is to become God. FU to those who spoiled you, that was uncool.

Since I can’t help it myself: 11th is not the final adversary. And I don’t think you can guess who it is.

3. Sean says:

DMonHiro, why are you spoiling me?! Right now at least, 9th and Kurise seem to be the main adversaries and I don’t think it’s unlikely for 9th to be an adversary again. Who else? The most logical explanation for the third corpse would be that Yuno had an identical twin who she wanted dead. Or else that was someone else’s umbilical cord. The Yuno from ep 1 must still be alive because the phone is still there.

• Oroboros says:

Methinks you haven’t watched enough anime from 2011 to come up with anything better than that.

OTOH I much prefer the anime’s foreshadowing of this surprise twist (in Episode 1 over the manga), that Yuno is not Yuno, but I suspect that we’re due a few more twists.

• Sean says:

Do you mean Steins;Gate? I feel like time travel would be an overused letdown. Why would either Yukki or Yuno have to resort to time travel if one of them is a god? How else would they time travel? I could hardly tell what was happening at the beginning of episode 1. Was that supposed to be Yuno? It looked most like Akise.

• Oroboros says:

Since I haven’t read the manga, my speculations are spoiler-free, but may hit closer to the mark.

The answer, however ambiguous, is in the first 30 seconds.

Why would the next World’s Greatest Detective be chopping up Yuno with an axe? Has the show established Akise Aru doing anything like that in 19 episodes? Use the internal logic of the show, and you’ll arrive at the right or best guess.

4. dene323 says:

I wish Minene-sama would just throw that grenade at the car, the end.

• Oroboros says:

What happened to your powers of speculation? They were pretty solid in the past. Has your account/identity been hijacked or something? ;)

• dene323 says:

Nah, I have been spoiled :P The truth is so close to be revealed I would refrain from any sort of “speculations” that would ruin other people’s viewing experience.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Watching others’ reactions can be more fun sometimes.

As for Minene and the grenade, I’m semi-serious about it. When would you get another chance of having 4 other remaining diary holders within a blast radius?

• Oroboros says:

Minene has had many chances like this in the past only to not pull the trigger. At least three or four different times she’s had Diarists at her mercy and didn’t eliminate them.

That leads me to the belief that she isn’t in the game to win outright — at least not immediately. Moreover, she has vested interest in that cop Nishijima, and the grenade was a deterrent for others, not an offensive weapon.

Sorry u spoiled yourself, which prevents u from enjoying the anime :(

5. Trass says:

“Plothole time: a person cannot just “act well” from out of nowhere.”

…So you think both your parents dying, leaving you nothing and no one else in this world, is not enough to make you change yourself? D:

Like I said earlier, his parents deaths aren’t just there for the twists. It serves as Yuki’s turning point in his personality.

6. Machi says:

I’m with Trass on this one. If ever Yuki needed a reason to win other than surviving its this. So I’m not surprised he acted it well given that he has a purpose.

7. petitorenji says:

His fugly facial expression at the end of the ep when Akise showed up with the truth signifies that he has… returned to his former self. Guess the death of his parents weren’t shocking enough?

8. hoiut says:

Having marathoned episodes 1-19 of this series, I have to say that while I like the premise and some of the characters, the anime as a whole feels a bit contrived. Of course we have the quintessential wimpy male lead, but working within a yandere pairing makes for some freshness and added intrigue. All the same, some of the developments just don’t sit well with me.

First and foremost is the believability of some of the “bad things” that happen. The entire plot is focused around some form of omnipotent god fabricated by the main character’s imagination who decides to thrust the main character’s city into chaos for the sake of conveniently staging a “kill-em-all” game between 12 seemingly random participants. What’s more, the (obviously human) winner of this game is somehow promised the imaginary god’s throne and to rule over time and space. Believability aside, nobody even bothers to question this.

And then we have some of the annoying characters who complement the show’s misplaced humorous segments. We’re introduced to a seemingly badass counter-villain who gouges out eyeballs and injects drugs, but who is later unconvincingly revealed to be a misguided childlike buffoon who supposedly acted in accordance with a juvenile sense of justice (replete with Power Ranger pelvic thrusts near the end of his arc). Once this aired, it dialed back the supposed ‘maturity level’ of the show considerably right before it dialed back up — and then way back down.

There’s also a bunch of unbelievable antics from the main character, especially in recent developments. Unlike how Death Note handled its main plot gimmick, the diaries don’t feel as real — we’re supposed to believe the kid would write all the answers into a phone, so he can then use a ‘future diary’ to cheat on all his tests without anyone noticing, even when the teacher calls out Yuno just for playing with clay. And then the increases in his grades are immediately used as irrefutable evidence that he’s a “diary holder,” despite nobody even knowing the fundamental capabilities of his dairy? The whole situation is beyond absurd.

What’s worse is that this character seems to be used as a poor conduit for the plot. He does things that don’t seem believable given his characterization — the only thing consistent about him was his wimpy awkwardness, which was recently overwritten to make room for a subplot in which he ruthlessly betrays and murders innocent people in order to become god instead of accepting his lot and moving on. He hasn’t even seen a lick of evidence that the so-called imaginary god can resurrect people (in fact, the only evidence is to the contrary). Yes, he lost his mom and dad, so I could certainly understand motives for revenge, but even after the cheap ploy of associating his rotten father with stargazing at the very end, that’s absolutely no reason to kill everyone in the name of a (literally) false god…all in hopes of later somehow BECOMING the god and resurrecting everyone from the dead or something. You’d think if he was this “determined” he wouldn’t have been so keen to accept all the other crap thrown his way (the game, the betrayal by his friends, the crazy stalker, the deaths of countless people directly attributable to him, and so forth. Besides, his methods are certainly more than questionable at this point.

Having seen corpses in the girl’s house, he decides to “forget about it” after unconvincingly fretting for a while and then pretty much falls in love with her later. Suddenly one of the corpses is identified as the same girl and he gets all riled up about some sort of ridiculous “betrayal”. So she had a twin or something. How is that more traumatizing to our “changed lead” than her killing her own parents? And as long as there were corpses and skulls being dragged around by this girl — the same girl who recently tied him to a chair, force-fed him and collected his piss in a glass bottle — why should the familial identify of one of these corpses even weigh into things? The guy hardly knows the insane chick beneath the surface (and he acknowledges this repeatedly), so why is an arbitrary fake name something to suddenly go nuts over?

Suspension of disbelief is fine — I’ve suspended disbelief a lot more forcefully in some other shows and ended up loving them to bits. What a story needs is a CONSISTENT level of believability. This show tries to convince us that everything is incredibly realistic in one scene, when in the next it seems to wink and show something that would make any viewer shake his head. Compared to this, the stuff that Deadman Wonderland and Guilty Crown try to pull suddenly doesn’t feel too off-base, for better or for worse.

• Trass says:

I wrote an essay long enough to answer every little bit of your questions, but before I could finish the last sentences and post it, there was suddenly a blackout. I got discouraged and decided to forget it anyway.

But on second thought, I’ll at least answer one question.

Deus isn’t an “Imaginary” God created by Yukiteru’s “Imagination”.

He IS a god. If you actually read his lines, he said that he’s not a mere imagination. He is a god, so why can’t a “GOD” chooses to exist inside the imagination of a human. Yuki didn’t make him up. Deus decided to exist in his imagination by his own will, as means to contact candidates for the next God. This, is also the way he used to contact the remaining diary users. If you watch the show carefully, there are some times when a diary user suddenly appears in front of Deus in split second, and then they’re suddenly in the real world again. Yes, it’s just their imagination. Deus is talking to them that way.

• hoiut says:

I honestly appreciate the effort, and I certainly like your explanation of Deus’s entity. The awesome ridiculousness of his character now has a bit more redeeming consistency in my eyes.

It’s truly a shame about that blackout, though.

9. notintheface11 says:

I like how people like hoiut are really wanting this to be an intensely serious and realistic show and let every plothole get to them when that’s clearly not the purpose of this show.

• hoiut says:

If you read everything I wrote (and I certainly won’t blame you if you didn’t; it was unnecessarily and stupidly long), I said I often enjoy even more absurd series than this one. A little more consistency in believability (or unbelievability) would help, though.

This one just tries to blend realism and inconsistent suspension of disbelief. It’s clear the anime depends on things being realistic in one moment and then violates that dependency itself the next.

And also, I never said I didn’t like the show. Psgels mentions some inconsistencies in enjoyableness throughout the series, too. ;) It looks like the second half is a bit more focused, though. Looking forward to the finale!

10. Vonter says:

Mother disappointed I thought she was some sort of mastermind given that she was working with the 7s from afar. Being deceive by Yukiteru has to be very humilliating.

11. kero says:

so yuno isn’t really yuno, but like, what does that really matter anyways? I mean Yukiteru already knows she’s a parent murdering maniac, and I think this is the Yuno he’s been with all the time, and it’s not like he really knew her before, so what does it matter that she’s not Gasai Yuno in the scheme of things?

Anyways, pretty unbelievable about face by Yuki, but agree music has got better, and again it was so out there that I could still enjoy it. Ish.

I hope it does blow my mind with it’s what the fuckery, because it’s been pretty hyped up by the manga readers.

I am a Hero is a personal favorite of mine
@Anon: Uzumaki, Shibito no Koe o Kiku ga Yoi, Happy Suger Life, 6000 and Dead Tube. I suppose.
What is some good horror manga
@Mario I also noticed that korean thrillers are way too obnoxious with shakycam.
@Mario, about LWA, that was how I felt. Its just not as magical, as special, as the original OVA was to me. I suppose thats to much to ask for a 25 ep series, but it turned me off
@Mario, TV Diana has some charm points but I think OVA Diana provided a better dynamic. I mean sure, She was essentially female Draco Malfoy but her attitude made reveals like her being a secret Chariot fan more impactful. Plus her tsundere act torwards Akko was rather adorable.
about LWA again, unlike Aidan I actually enjoy this version of Diana. I know she's one note, too perfect but she's charming. Too charming haha which serves well as a contrast to Akko
...just pop one random film from him. His films are not without its bad side thou, in particular I find the dialogues shapeless and dragging. But well it does add to the naturalness of his films
on LWA I would also recommended it. It is a fluffy show, with a sense of wonder. Some episodes are better, some are more flat, and the over-arching storyline leaves me bored. But it does have that sense of childlike wonder, which I had missed among all the "grim" shows.
@Kaiser: I have a bit of problems with Korean movies lately as now they're heavily thriller style-over-substance films, so films that have very simple style like Hong-Sang-Soo's joints are the welcome change of air. One thing about his films thou, If you watched one of his film, you've watched them all. They're so similar in tones and concepts that I reckon if you feel like watching his films...
So I say it's still worth finishing. It's good but I don't feel the sparks that made it so great from the OVAs anymore
@Lenlo: about LWA. Plus side: Those hijinks. I mean the show is fun and magical. Negative side: I wish the show's storytelling is a bit tighter, each episode feels so loose it doesn't add up much and more like different variations of Akko + one member of the cast's hijink. Doesn't help either that the other casts just disappeared until they have an episode for 2 for themselves
@Anon1113829: I "enjoyed" Beyond the Boundary, but that show was a mess. The episode 10 was stand out for me, and the ending was kinda... a wreck. Certainly interesting but quality-wise I wouldn't reccommend it
@SuperMario KyoAni fan? What did you think of Kyoukai no Kanata? I really wanted to like it, I thought it had some potential, but IMO nothing worked right.
@Lenlo, It's good. Fun to watch certainly. Though sadly it falls short of being great.
So question: Is Little Witch Academia worth finishing atm? I started it last season, but for some reason it just fell off my radar
@Mario: Thankfully, while not entirely satisfying, day he arrives is just the Korean film I've been looking for, refreshingly more low key, quieter and I enjoyed the new wavy combined with raw style, making it all feel very natural.
@Mario: Well then, thanks for the rec on Hong-sang-so, I looked at The day he arrives. Y'know the reason I sometimes dread going into films featuring romance is because I'm conditioned from seeing the bad ones.
....I may actually read this, the last time I read a manga steeped in politics was Sanctuary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle:_The_Making_of_an_Asian-American_President
@Aidan: I actually have very limited experience with Ellis as a comic book writer, only read Transmetropolitan, I know he's writing the Castlevania adaptation.
@Aidan: I heard the same thing; can't help being a completist though so I'll eventually get to them
@Mario, From what I heard, it doesn't get better.
@Kaiser: that scene from the 1st episode of Phantom world lost me... but even then I'm willing to give the show another chance. That's how far I would go ^^ https://mobile.twitter.com/aaapodcast/status/687148875052892160/photo/2
@Kaiser, Looks like they are putting some real effort into it. May actually turn out pretty good after all.
@K-Off, Under the Red hood is a damn fine movie. Likely one of the best of the DC animated universe. Though try Superman vs the elite out. It's pretty good.
Even phantom world Mario...even phantom world ? =)
Just the teaser trailer, not much to go on, but heres a short preview of that netflix castlevania thing that got mentioned on here a while back, up the quality to 360p:
At this stage, I'm pretty much KyoAni fanboy now so with every new material, I'll hype it up to the sky ^^
@Mario: I did follow it up with The spy who loved me though to cheer myself up =P Given that Rodger Moore just died =)
@Kaiser: just looked through what Short Men Behind the Sun is about: "human experiments carried out by Japanese army during WW2?" Already sound grim and too real. Then "a graphic depiction of the human experiments" haha no wonder you felt unsettled Kaiser
VyseLegendaire
My favorite Exploitation Flick is An Inconvenient Truth 2.0
@Mario: Long story short men behind the sun is finally the exploitation flick that defeated me and actually made me unsettled.
@Mario: I remember you talking about how Salo really affected you as an exploitation film, generally exploitation films don't shock or disturb me, but I just watched the cantonese dubbed version of Men behind the sun.
And the worst thing about beyond the boundry and phantom world, it discolours my opinion of kyoani as a whole, making me negatively reflect on older work they did .
Yep, that's the new KyoAni one. Like Puran I don't have any expectations of it. The premise certainly seems like the closest they have come to breaking out of there usual format but I am sure they will find a way to shove in Moe antics. Though based on what is seen so far it looks like they are trying to emulate Key.
Puran
Is that a new KyoAni anime?.. I have lost faith in them a long time ago. Last Anime from them that I cared about was probably Hyouka
Bring you some news, Violet Evergarden will be aired as an anime TV. Though many sources saying it gonna air this year, it has a better possibility to air next year
Well, aesthetically, he's pretty much on par with Yang and Wong. It's just that his films are often emotionally distant, feel more like watching the paint dry hahaa
@Mario: I connect more emotionally with Yang and Wong.
@Mario: I went in expecting Edward Yang and Kar-wong-wai levels of quality, which may have been quite unfair standards to put him up against.
I myself find his films difficult to watch, but when the films end they usually hold up very very well. Both The Assassin and 3 Times in particular are my favorite of the year
@Kaiser: I completely understand your reaction because his films are demanding as hell. I remembered watching The Assassin in big screen, 3 people next to me fall asleep, one of them snoring and the other one fall asleep within the first 10 mins. That Hou Hsiao's movies for you
@Mario: Its such a shame because he makes gorgeous cinema and City of sadness is actually pretty informative account of the times....I just can't jive with him and I actually like "slow cinema" but watching his work is insanity inducingly boring for me.
@Mario: ....I'm really sorry, I don't mind long slow even spiritual, talky, non-narrative, old, complex,meditative , art films but I'm really really finding it hard to watch Hou Hsiao's work, I've tried time to live and the Assassin and I just bailed after 2 out of 3 hours on city of sadness.
I have to say Akko is developing nicely as a character in LWA. Also Magane in Re:Creators reminds me of Hannibal as palyed by Mads Mikkelsen. There is that same est for life married to sociopath that is a bit charming :) Mamika's character is also just cool. Beyond that AofT and Bahamut both delivered competent episodes, with Bahamut a good mix between comedy and tragedy.
@Aidan Assault on Arkham was fantastic. Between that and Under the Red Hood, a classic.
@Kaiser: I have a lot to say in this week's Eccentric Family. Review will come up later tonight when I get back home from work.
Seen Assault on Arkham or what it should be called, The animated Suicide Squad movie. Thinking of checking out Dark.
@Aidan: Have you seen assault on Arkham or the justice league dark film?
@Aidan: It isn't so much because its Talia x Batman, moreso that it feels odd shipping Batman with anyone.
While kind of amusing, initially I wasn't too into Uchouten this week, the hot spring part got me groaning, but then someway through dramatically it really picked up.
From reading comics a few years back, I still feel that they adapt better to animation.
@Vonter: And I say this as someone who was able to defend Alien 3 and Ressurection.
Covenent felt like an Infantilized version of Alien.
I wouldn't call either John Wick film or free fire amazing or anything but they had great fight scenes that were actually visually coherent , of course they weren't given a proper release.
I'm not watching/paying for anymore of these reboots/remakes/shakey cam pg rated action films anymore. I'll stick with my balls to the wall Hong-Kong/Chinese ones.
@Vonter: It also had really uneven pacing aswell.
@Vonter: ....The dialogue is so embarassing, they don't do enough with this backstory, they just keep teasing, none of the new characters have the same charisma , the editting in the action scenes shakes all overtheplace.
@Vonter: I gave Covenent a fair chance, I thought it would be an exception to the reboot thing. I'll admit theres the sets, the atmosphere, Fassbenders performance , the idea to expand on the franchises mythos is cool but....
It really really hurts as a film fan, trying to find older, genuinely quality foreign films , finding that no-one is seeding them and theres no proper/in print dvd release anymore. Then finding some awful shakey cam modern American superhero film with billions of seeds and a bluray release.
@K-Off, I don't know. Todd was more the imperfect son always aiming for batmans approval. Damian is more an assasin wondering why the hell he can't just kill his enemies. I hear that Comic Damian works better than Animated Damian. I do think that if given a personality he could work but as he is currently you are right that he's essentially a mishmash of past robins.
I watched Alien Covenant and I don't know if it improves by being more dumb and less pretentious or if it os the final nail in the Alien franchise coffin. Not since the StarWats prequels there has been a retcon that changes your view of the original movies.
I can recall enjoying a certain Jason Todd centered story called Batman:death in the family.
Well, even when Damian does completely cross the line and become a villain, he's not even that interesting, i.e Injustice. Yup, Jason Todd already covered everything, but better.
Problem is that he's an edge lord cocky piece of shit that just doesn't have enough likeable traits for this to be compelling. What really pushed him over the edge was mocking Nightwing over his parents deaths. That shit is not on.
@K-Off, I like the contrast that Batman refuses to cross the line and kill but Damian has crossed that line. As well as his potentail to become a villain. Tim and Dick didn't really have that though Jason sort of did. Damian's arc is more about teaching him the morality of a hero.
@Aidan I'm not sure I like Damian's concept to begin with. The Bat-son dilemma's inherently addressed by the Robins for all intents and purposes. Damian just goes through the same motion, only difference being he's biologically related.
Yup. Wonderwoman either doesn't need to have a love interest, or it needs to be with Steve Trevor, the two have a solid backstory that the movies unnecessarily removed.
@Kaiser, I don't mind the Taila X batman pairing. Makes more sense than Batman and Batgirl. But if there's one pairing pushed in the new movies that I just find wrong is the Superman X wonder woman. I just don't get that one.
@K-Off, I like the concept of Damian as a character. But it's executed so badly.
Teen titans needs one more season to wrap up all the loose ends. Such as what happens to Slade, and Blackfires revenge. The creators clearly wanted to explore those plot lines but got cut short.
Teen Titans hasn't aged very well, but one thing I still do like about it is how contained and local the setting and cast were for the first half of that show. When godly superpowers are involved, that appeals to me. Much of the same reason why I like Logan and Raimi's Spiderman so much.
Very rarely watched teen titans when I was younger, I was vaguely interested in slade, stopped watching around when Terra appeared. I actively avoided comics where Damien appeared, never liked that Talia x Batman pairing much, I can only imagine how much worse it is to listen to Damien than read him.
@Aidan, I like some aspects of those movies, but I'm not a big fan of the new continuity and art style in general...and yeah it doesn't help that Damian is irredeemably unlikable.
@K-Off, There is also the DC animated Teen Titans movies like Teen Titans vs Justice Leage and Teen titans the Judus contract. Though it's not the same as the the TV series and Damian is such a dick.
@Anon I don't think Teen Titans needs another season. The last season wasn't that good, but the movie ended the series on a high note and Young Justice pretty much rebooted everything, at least in terms of replacing people's want for a more mature DC cartoon about the Titans.
Yeah it's become more of a hassel (for myself and my friends) to set aside time to go to a theater.
I guess in the end it all comes down to how easily it reaches the viewers. Give us a hard time and we don't give a damn to check the new movie/show out
... otherwise have to wait for a year, even more before it reaches Australia. But many companies will raise in the wake of Netflix and that will be where problems arise
This trend isn't happening within the anime industry, but it's happening in the movie world as well. In the past 2 years, Netflix starts to exclusively distribute many films, meaning that they won't have theatrical release, but straight to Video on Demand which caused quite a stir in the industry. Personally, I actually don't have much problem with it as now I will get a chance to see a film that
Dive!! , a series that will air next season on noitaminA slot will stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. Not that I'm eagerly looking forward to Dive, but that news again makes me frustrated. No one will watch it and then all the hypes it might have will die down eventually.
Considering I didn't even expect a season 5 it's more than I could've evr wanted. Now if only if only Teen Titans could get the same chance.
Oh yeah, it turned out well. Didnt mean to say it didnt.
@Lenlo, Considering that the ratio of great to alright episodes is 8 to 2 I say that it turned out pretty well.
I have to say, the Samurai Jack season started stronger than it ended imo
So this is how Samurai Jack ends. 16 years in the making. Honestly considering how much needed to get wrapped up I knew the ending would be a bit flawed. Really think Gen should have givin it one more episode to flesh out the ending and then it wouldn't feel so rushed. Overall despite it's flaws, it's a decent ending. Not prefect by any means but it will do the job.
Lol theres a surprise, seriously, Black Lagoons manga is updating again.
worst recap ever for me? Gangsta. That was a stupid recap episode. Really like a Public Announcement. Useless, stupid, and ruining atmosphere. Utter stupidity. There I got it our of me :p
@Masky: Unfortunately too far behind in the sequel manga to catch up, I did take a look at THAT in the latest chapter though.
Huh, for some reason thought Tokyo Ghoul was under shonen when its seinen. Welp now that makes more sense, I was thinking story about cannibalism would be kinda absurd for shonen.
Spike
They serve no purpose except to fill airtime when production gets fucked up. They have 2 bad choices - run a recap or run an unfinished episode. Recap is generally the less dogshit choice. I've seen a few anime that ran the episodes with unfinished animations and still frames.... the backlash was about 100x what a recap is.
I'm about to say that to you as well Kaiser, maybe watch the recap and then continue on. The only thing I kind of take from the recap episode is the editting: how they chop off the fat of 6 episodes to still give you important developments. But as a way to catch up/ to reintroduce the series, it's freaking useless
I don't think anyone should start from the recap episode. Unless there was a long hiatus, a recap in between episodes is unnecessary for new viewers and old
I mean, aside from whatever happens with Mugaro.
Next episode seems early, out of 24 episodes, for Nina to learn the Prince is Chris, yet that seems to be what the confrontation is leading towards, and then she freaks out and he learns shes the dragon. Becomes the conflict for the rest of the season?
Seems I was right, Azazel didnt predict that Nina might not be so easily riled up as she once was. To bad so sad Azazel, she has someone she loves now.
How useful are these recap episodes anyway/actually? Hypothetically lets say I was feeling lazy and decided to watch tsuki ga kirei starting from the recap episode.
[link src="https://www.anirena.com/?s=blame

So long as there are consequences for how hes acting, then I am ok with it. I just dont want him to turn into some MC hero when hes acting like this.
And in Re:Creators Sota is still being a goddamn pussy. Now that the exposition has gone down I am really starting to hate this kid.
It's the presentation that they differ. Ghost Hound focuses more on the atmosphere, so those details I mentioned before work for their benefits; whereas Sagrada Reset focus on plots (and confusing themes) so those stick out like sore thumb.
4 episodes into Ghost Hound so far. This show also reminds me a bit of Sagrada Reset this season- the way they both emotional distant, complex plots; keep viewers away at arm's length, and feature characters that have robotic facial expressions. Yet I enjoyed Ghost Hound so far and couldn't engage in Sagrada Reset at all.
@Spike: I was like... "tsuki ga kirei has a recap episode, so let's move on to Kado"... another recap. Tsuki ga kirei I'm not too worry as it confirmed that it'll have 12 episodes, but I'm not confident on Kado
@lenlo: in a sense you have to suffer it all alone. No worries thou as I intend to binge watch it when this season's over
Spike
Kado team crumbled under the pressure. Recap this week.
@SuperMario, im happy I dont have to compete with anyone to cover Berserk :P Got it all to myself to whine about, though its been ever so slowly improving.
Ranka is ranka in any verse.
Bahmut no spoilers. Ranka Lee. She just doesn't get it so everyone dies. As she stands around wondering.
In fact, Okja will play in the Sydney film festival next month, but seeing that it will stream in Netflix at the end of June I think it's best to wait until then
@Kaiser: great, I'm super hyped to watch Okja. Always enjoy Boon's movies. The critic's reviews from Cannes on Okja should come up soon I believe.
@Kaiser: I watched Lain many times over as well but I'm sure that I didn't pick up everything. That show required multiple-viewing anyways.
@Mario: Good news, netflix will stream Okja at the end of this June.
@Mario: Its not often that I rewatch things, but years ago I've seen Lain at least three times, its also one of those few anime series where I felt to look up deeper analysis into it. It had a tremendous atmosphere and was ahead of its time.
@Kaiser: watching Ghost Hound made me want to revisit Serial Experiment Lain and give my episodic thoughts on that. Not gonna happen soon as I have my hand full right now but I swear I'll get to that one day.
@Mario: I actually am planning to rewatch ghost hound soon, so I'll give you my new thoughts on it then.
I always avoided Altair mostly based on it being a shounen action series. Kakeguruis premise involves gambling games, which I don't find interesting.
Kakegurui is on my list. I thought it would be crap (terrible setting etc), but the manga won me over. Princess Principal will be given a chance, so will Shoukouko no Altair.and perhaps Reflection. We shall see. Also Twilight Axis Gundam, as I love the manga team.
@Anon, Recap episodes exist because of production troubles. Sometimes shit happens when you make an anime.
You are being a bit overally argressive but I do agree with the statement that Ntr is pathetic power fantasy. It really is.
Ntr is a pathetic power fantasy for pathetic people
Why the hell do recap episodes exist. Do they think we're that autistic
I honestly don't even what NTR is so I had to look it up. Interesting
Just a quick remaider that Tsuki ga Kirei has a recap episode this week. And yep, after watching this week's Sakura Quest I think I'm gonna stick with it
Flipping through the list, I'm also pretty know what I'm interested in, most of them are original anime, which is a plus
@Aidan: I'm still amazed that us never have to fight over covering shows, except for that one time with Flip Flappers. Always thought that crappy tastes are the same
*Those two comments were refering to NTR trap
I would really genuinely like to see some of these smut manga actually functionally use fanservice and romantic sex scenes rather than just cheap titilattion
@Aidan: Poorly done ragey drama with bad comedy bits , I've reached a point with it where I no longer want my time wasted by it.
@Mario, I admit to having passing interest in Princess Principal but not enough to fight you over it.
And Tsurezure Children is actually really really good. Really fluffy love stories with great comedy.
haha, even me who love slice-of-life won't fall for Tsurezure Children
@Aidan: Princess Principal
@Kaiser: The character designs on Centaur kind of weirds me out though
@Kaiser, Ugh...that one. Imagine a discount scums wish and you get the general idea.
Mate if you are talking about Fate then let me say there is no way in hell I am not covering that.
NTR as the title of an anime? How shameless.
@Mario,....Tsurezure Children?
I was surprised by centaur no nanami's manga. Actually cares about its setting and genuinely charming characters.
@Aidan: and this time there is 1 show we might both want to cover ^^
I will have to start writing up that preview for this. I think it's pretty obvious what I am looking forward the most to watching.
Links generally work with text if you place them at the end of it. Like so:
[link src="http://anichart.net/Summer-2017
I....I"] might at least try the Vatican kiseki one and centaur no nanami...
@Anon, Don't believe Clickbait. This is all based on a quote from the author thanking the animation studio and hoping for an opportunity to work with them in the future. What this confirms is that there is no plans for a season 3...yet. Could very well happen in the future. What this confirms is that it ain't happening any time soon.
Puran
Natsume is killing it this season.
RIP Konosuba. Season 3 confirmed to not happen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PvOmsKjcJU.
Im not sure what they are even saying.
lmao Anon 250 got rekt
Normally I would delete openly offensive posts but seeing as these don't make enough sense to be offensive I will give them a free pass.
No idea who this Adnan guy is but if he watches gay porn then so what?

Tsuki ga Kirei – 07 [Hold Back Nothing When Taking Love]

With this episode Tsuki ga Kirei marches on its impressive run. If there is one thing that I’m still impressed about Tsuki ga Kirei, it’s that despite its slow-pacing, the story never stands still. Each episode is a steady step-forward, clearly mark-out stage from its main couple’s relationship. I wasn’t at all expecting that much […]

Sakura Quest – 08 [The Fairy’s Recipe]

This was a solid episode from Sakura Quest. This week is the first of the two-parter (probably) about the Queen and her team making a special dish for Manoyama town that could attract tourists. Now I see the formula the show’s currently employing: the first three episodes focus on Yoshino and her coming to term with […]

Re:Creators – 07 [Everything I Can Do]

The conclusion to the last week’s fight turns out to only eslcate in size with Yuuya and the giant robot joining the fray before ending off on a rather anticlimactic note. You have Mamaika remaining true to her character and trying to put out fires everywhere while everyone else pairing off in a grudge match. […]

ID-0 – 07 [Overstepping]

This week found the three main characters: Ido, Maya and Alice all got “eaten” by that huge annoying rock. Thankfully, being a rock – they themselves call it a wandering planet, or Rajeev retrieved, it can only swallow them whole – not chew – but it effectively cuts down all the communication and oxygen from […]

Little Witch Academia – 20[Sense and Sensibility]

This episode has really nailed home for me just how defanging Diana has been a bad choice. In the OVA episodes Diana was bratty and stuck up but at least then she had character. In the TV series she’s more or less a mary sue through and through which is sadly a much more boring […]

Shingeki no Kyojin(Attack on Titan) – 33[The Hunters]

One thing that continues to surprise me when covering this series is that after watching a full 25 minute episode of it and sitting down to write, I think about what happened in the episode and find it remarkably little. Truly, what did happen this episode? Well Reiner and Bertholdt ran off with Eren and […]

Uchoten Kazoku 2 – 07 [The Friday Fellows Club, Again]

For a show that has a knack for little moments, this episode is one of the rare times that Eccentric Family goes for big dramatic emotional route, and manages to knock it out of the park. Soun, in the end, serves no more purpose than a pawn in a chess. Wicked all the way, but […]

Sakura Quest – 07 [The Mansion in Purgatory]

This week in Sakura Quest, we have core members lashing out at each other, and some more nice interactions between other members – which in fairness is all I could hope for. You know a cast is well developed when you can pick any two main characters and they still have their unique chemistry together. […]

ID-0 – 06 [The Observer]

With this episode we start to learn more about Ido’s true identity but the reveal feel far-fetched at best. I know he’s supposed to be someone special, but “an enemy of mankind”? Seriously? That trope again? So he was a Titan or some kind of disease that destroy the human kind? Oh since he’s in […]

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon (Winter 2017) Review – 74/100

Scum’s Wish (Winter 2017) Review – 80/100

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Review – 90/100

When you have watched a large amount of anime you can come to assume that you have learned a lot about Japanese culture. Though I think it’s testament to how limited it is to view Japan through anime when you come to realize that despite watching so much, you have never heard of Rakugo. Rakugo […]

Youjo Senki Saga of Tanya the Evil Review – 80/100

Isekai stories have become somewhat of a tiresome genre as of late. There have been many stories of people being transported/reincarnated into other worlds where they shed their once pitiful exterior and become some legendary figure in another world. In most cases it’s trit, balant childish wish fulfilment and the stories often become tiresome when […]

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. (Winter 2017) Review – 83/100

Imagine my utmost amazement when a show that I wasn’t that confident on taking in the beginning turned out to be one of the most solid offering this season had to offer. ACCA is the most recent anime adaptation from mangaka Natsume Omo, which despite isn’t a household name, many of her works (6 titles […]

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Winter 2017) Review – 62/100

Demi-chan is one of the newest addition to the monster girl subgenre, which usually feature a human helpless male lead get stuck in a harem of mythical creatures, in form of oversized boob girls of course (why usually those monsters are in female forms anyways? Aren’t they sexless?). In this case, we have monster girls […]

Seiren (Winter 2017) Review – 51/100

Let me say this out front, Seiren is NOT a good show, it’s a highly uneven one. Throughout its run, I can see some solid moments and fresh ideas that could potentially raise it above the bar, but ultimately, view it as a whole, Seiren is a show that isn’t worth recommending. At first, I’m […]

Flip Flappers (Fall 2016) Review – 93/100