Posted by psgels on 5 October 2012 with categories: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, K, Some Quick First Impressions

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure

Short Synopsis: Our lead character is a rich noble’s son.
Well, there you have it. The fourth awesome opening episode of the season. I mean heck: this was absolutely delightful. It just screamed retro cheese, but it was so incredibly over the top that it became stunning. I mean, Dio Brando is such a great villain that every time he appeared on the screen I just sat there with a giant grin, but just about everything in this episode was done with incredible passion. Normally I’d complain about overacting, but the way in which this episode just took it over 9000 made it so enjoyable to watch. The show also has this reallly interesting visual style: like expected the animators didn’t attempt to make everything look clean and the characters often look off-model (not to mention the inclusion of some manga-style sound effects – really!), but the direction was so good. It knew what to animate properly, and the use of colours and poses was just delightful to watch. Why did it take so long to make a proper anime of this thing?
ED: Great song there, with great vocals and a very good use of a guitar.
Potential: 90%

K

Short Synopsis: Our lead character has this evil side that murders people.
Whoa, now this is a feast for the senses! The graphical style really shows that this comes from the same people as Mardock Scranble, but even then I was surprised by what a visual orgasm this was. And they made it look so easy. Every frame of this episode looked utterly gorgeous, but what’s even more impressive is that at times they actually bothered to animate the background art. Keep a look-out for the skating scenes, because those were particularly gorgeous. On top of that, this show has a very creative soundtrack: it’s diverse, has very catchy songs and comes with a ton of different styles. The voice acting though… not so good: Lotsa Engrish! Beyond that though, this is a show that was clearly inspired by Durarara, and that’s a very good thing: there were lots of different characters, lots of stuff going on at the same time. It very much was an introduction episode, and this can still go anywhere, but I’m glad to see that this show tries so hard: so many characters are difficult to balance well, but they can get some very good stuff out of this when they manage to pull it off. Some minor complaints: this show has bad hacking going on, and for some reason they did manage to include a school in this series. There are a few cliches in this show that just seem to be there in order to look cool. I know that that’s exactly what this show is trying to do, but there is such a thing as taking things too far.
OP: Utterly gorgeous OP, plus a nice song from Angela.
Potential: 85%

Btooom!

Short Synopsis: Our lead character wakes up in a video game.
One of Madhouse’s specialties is adrenaline: creating those series that focus on building up this stuff. In that way, Btooom is the perfect series for them. It focuses on this teenager who ends up in a game world, but usually with these kinds of stories, the game is an RPG. This time, we’re talking about a full blown action game in which people kill each other with bombs. This is really what I’m looking for for a weekly dose of adrenaline: it got the emotions of the lead male right, combining bewilderment with this sense to survive. This episode already gave a bit of a taste of what the battles will be like, and they’re tense, but also completely unrealistic. It’s a missed opportunity that this series should have put some thought into its explosions, but right now they’re mostly plot devices. The soundtrack and animation are pretty solid though. I mean this isn’t going to win any awards, but if it can keep up this atmosphere then it’ll be pretty damn entertaining. Just handle the lead female with a bit of tact, okay?
OP: Quite stylish, but degenerates into a bit too much of a copy of other OPs as it goes along.
ED: Is that Chiaki Ishikawa? One of my favorite singers for these OPs and EDs. Not her best work, but still a great voice.
Potential: 75%

1. Armpit says:

I think it was stated that the MC was like 22. I could be wrong

2. leokiko says:

The director is a girl, and the second episode handled the girl pretty well.

3. kagura says:

Lol, I thought it was Chiaki Ishikawa too at first, but it’s actually May’n – the one who sang Sheryl’s songs in Macross Frontier and the OP for the first season of Phi Brain.

4. Kiavik says:

Oh my god, I’m laughing so much my sides are hurting here. Really? K has 85% potential? Holy crap, that was one of the most horrible anime I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been watching them for roughly 25 years of my life :_D

It’s one of the few shows I’ve seen where everything was done poorly; from the visuals (with all that dumb green-blue tint and the terrible CG) to the characters and especially the script. OMG the script. Nothing is salvageable here. The K must be for “Kubo”, because this really is an even dumber version of Bleach- stuff happens at random, characters are as paperthin as it gets, and everything is geared toward creating something “cool” just for the sake of it… but in the end, it all falls flat on its face.

The more I read this blog, psgels, the more I realize your taste in anime is quite lacking. Or maybe you’re just very easily entertained and have really, really low standards. I’m not even trolling here: nobody can call himself an anime enthusiast and say with a straight face that K was good. Nobody. I would delete your blog from my bookmarks, but your opinions are so unbelievably removed from the truth that reading them is funny as hell. Keep on with the comedy man!

• wicked says:

and if you look ahead you’ll see the metaphorical door, please exit through the left and don’t it hit your ass on your way out because it is invisible

• leokiko says:

So his taste is wrong and yours is RIGHT? lolk

• wicked says:

nope, but he’s said he wanted leave, just being courteous

• Gautam says:

No, he said your opinions are unintentionally funny to read. If he likes to read them by all means he’s entitled to.

• wicked says:

I’m just trying to save the man some precious time, cause it sounds like if he wants to continue to find the opinion funny, he’d have to to continue to watch a show that he think is crap, that’s a lose lose for everyone.

• imredjimmy says:

I haven’t watched the episode yet but who cares if he liked it and you didn’t. Go make yourself your own blog where you can trash K all you want. How does that sound. I don’t mind you having a different opinion, this is all part of an internet community. But don’t trash someone because he thinks differently. You didn’t like it, that’s fine. No need to be rude to psgels because he did like it.

• billish says:

you’re a dumb green-blue tint

• dudeintheocean says:

@kiavik I see no valid reason why you insulted psgel the way you did. Given that you’ve lived more than 25 years, at this age you should be relatively mature enough now to know that people’s opinion and taste differs. But yes you are not quite grown up yet given the comment. If you truly think that your opinion is better, just create your own blog and stop reading psgel.

5. TheDoorIntoSummer says:

“Every frame of this episode looked utterly gorgeous”

Even those with the greenish glowing tint? Even the utterly orrible CGI?

“Beyond that though, this is a show that was clearly inspired by Durarara”

If Durarara was dull, full of cliches and with random useless bishies everywhere, maybe.

“I’m glad to see that this show tries so hard”

I’d say this show tries WAY TOO hard. And that’s why the first episode failed so miserably for me.

“There are a few cliches in this show that just seem to be there in order to look cool”

Yeah. And the other ton of cliches just seems to be there because the script is godawfully bad.

In conclusion, I found that the first episode of K was probably the most disappointing first episode I’ve EVER seen in my life. A ton of wasted potential, and nothing more.

6. Litho says:

I caught K yesterday, simply because some of its production staff are from the team that did Mardock Scramble (MS), which I love. You can definitely see hints of MS in it, especially with regards to how that ‘simulate’ photographic filters, lens distortion and how they add ‘noise’ to shadows and give everything that ‘cross-processed’ tint. Problem here is; unlike MS which pulled it off effortlessly, K’s trying way too hard to be cool. Kinda in the same vein shows like Haruhi and Bakemonogatari try way too hard to seem intelligent (and fail, imho).

As for the plot, it started out alright (if a bit generic), but went to shit the moment the protagonist appeared. Typical. Feels a bit like Durarara (another show which tried to hard). Also get vibes similar to that queer ninja anime (Nabari something).

Also, the animators seem to be playing way too much Tony Hawk.

So far, the only keeper for me this season is Shin Sekai Yori.

7. pH says:

I laughed at the top rankings in Btooom being famous tennis players.

K is over the top, for sure, but what’s with the vehement reactions?

• wicked says:

trolls

• Scruffy says:

don’t feed them

• TheDoorIntoSummer says:

I’m being totally serious here, Wicked. For me, K was a huge disappointment, and I don’t see any redeeming quality whatsoever in the first episode.

• wicked says:

What do you really know about K? You saw one episode. You might as well just watch Bruce Wayne’s parent die and tell me this batman movie is terrible.

What’s that flame thingy, what’s with the swords, who’s that chick on the promo, why is the whole thing tinted? Is that white hair guy actually a girl?

I mean it’s cool if you have no patience, I dont really plan on following K that closely, you could be right you could be wrong, but snap judgement are what they are, do pawn it off to me like you’re the great seer of destiny

• TheDoorIntoSummer says:

Yeah. But I didn’t judge the series. I said that the first episode was a colossal disappointment. Because it was. And that’s it. Never talked about the series as a whole.

Hell, I don’t even plan on watching the series after the first episode, because I thought it was horrible. Those were (I repeat it to be as clear as possible) just my opinions on the first episode.

• TheDoorIntoSummer says:

…and I meant to write “Because for me it was”.

• wicked says:

What I understand even less is how you could have expectations for a series that quite literally revealed nothing. You must have saw those CG in the promo, too. How do you criticize script when it didn’t even began to tell a story.

• GT says:

They were only referring to the first episode, slick.

• Avalon says:

Yet another person basing an entire anime off the first episode. K was weird, even I can admit that and not all the characters came off as people I want to watch for another 3 months, but that is not going to stop me from allowing the show to change my opinion.

It may not happen, but 2-3 episodes are absolutely necessary to truly judge an anime. If it still isn’t working for you after that then by all means stop watching it.

Earlier you said, “I found that the first episode of K was probably the most disappointing first episode I’ve EVER seen in my life.” Either you had RIDICULOUSLY high expectations or you have not seen very many truly bad anime.

8. Jay says:

Like some of the other commenters, I was very disappointed by K. I had high expectations of it, which probably makes it seem worse. It might well be able to improve itself in the next few episodes, so I’ll keep watching for a while longer. To me, the visuals seemed overdone and uncomfortable to watch (although pretty at times), the characters were generic and boring, the music was unremarkable, and it turns out that the female lead is a cat who’s going to spend lots of the time in human form naked.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure looks very promising. I’ll have to watch it.

• Reverse says:

Jojo that one fast pace adaptation without leaving any page from manga. even then it still good, but it kinda screw the timeline from the anime only viewer. At the time dio meet jojo, and the end of this episode it probably a years has past. however it feel like 1 week in anime

9. Mormegil says:

I’m glad to hear that the first episode of JoJo was one of the best of the season. Can’t wait!

10. Lex says:

Seems like this will be a good season tbh ^^

11. Steelman says:

Oh wow. They crammed 120+ manga pages in one episode. And I can’t say i disapprove – JoJo is among my most anticipated anime of the season, but let’s be honest, Part 1 is not exactly stellar. It’s Part 2 and 3 where the manga becomes exceptional.

12. billish says:

Some things about K.
    After the first scene, I was ready to bust out of my chair laughing at the ultra-bad, terribad, everything that had happened, but it redeemed itself slightly with the second half.
    Also, the skate scenes were outrageous for me. Such pointless style-swapping; and it did look… borrowed, from some western video games (i dont want to say tony hawk, but i’ve seen this style before somewhere – and it’s pretty much the exact same camera angles). I did like that same stylistic direction in other parts, however, so i may just have some bias to skateboard..ers.
    I’m a little worried about seeing that red-haired dude with the chain (chains were never cool) come back, tho.
    And i’m almost done: Trying to look cool = failing to look cool, no matter how you put it. I mean… I could in some ways use subtle as a synonym for cool. If there’s anything we can all agree on, this show is not subtle.
    Sorry for the blog post-reply on your blog, psgels :P

13. sato says:

Haha, lots of strong opinions on here! So I’ll just throw mine out there too, since it seems nobody has voiced similar thoughts yet..

I thought Jojo was absolutely awful – one of the worst things I’ve sat through in a long time. Granted, I’m not familiar with the source material or other incarnations, but to me it was an insult to my intelligence, and anime in general. The animation was terrible (like the low budget scenes from zetman), the acting was overdone, and most importantly the plot had no redeeming value. There’s the main kid who is a clueless idiot (who boxes, but can’t beat some random thugs over a doll??). There’s the way over the top villain who has no reason to be such an ass – the only thing he should be mad about is his dad waiting until his deathbed to send him to the rich family. (And both boys are supposed to be 12? Ha!) Dio way too easily destroys Jojo’s life – and the stuff with the dog was uncalled for. And then there’s that silly mask.. I don’t even want to know why the father keeps it. I’m assuming it will possess one of the boys, and hilarity ensues..

I mean… it comes across as a cheap spoof of anime cliches. I can’t see how that is entertaining.

• Gavrilo says:

You do realize this comes from a 1987 manga series, right? These cheap cliches are part of its retro charms, even if they seem completely silly today. It’s pretty much like calling Dragon Ball a generic battle shounen that you’ve seen countless times before. But that’s obvious, since now you have hundreds and hundreds of series influenced by it. Without the so called cheap cliches, lots of great stuff wouldn’t have been developed, and that’s one of the main reasons why I love retro stuff. They are usually outdated, simple and not as impressive as their modern counterparts, but that just makes me appreciate them even more.

• sato says:

No, as I said, I’m not familiar with the source material. “They are usually outdated, simple and not as impressive as their modern counterparts” – I don’t agree that because it is older that it should be inferior to later works. Classics are classics because they are great, not because they are old. For instance, the Studio Ghibli stuff from the 80’s: Nausicaa, Grave of the Fireflies, Laputa, etc are still amazing now. But watching something just because it is “retro” even though it sucks is not my idea of good entertainment.

• someloser says:

“insult to anime in general” – your petty idealistic view of anime is showing, might want to choose an actual show that’s cliche for your insult, like the cute girls with tanks, cute girls as mini robots, harem with cats, just plain harem, high school girls SoL, reverse harem, harem butler, 4 shows on beyblades, middle school girls SoL, tennis school girls SoL, all of it, this season.

hurr durr, I can’t watch a show where the antagonist does antagonistic things. dio is trying to isolate jojo, why else does he kill his dog?

And both boys are supposed to be 12? – and konata’s supposed to be 18?

the animation was terrible – it’s david production, and it’s the only thing i’ll agree with you. jesus i hope you’re trolling in some way.

• sato says:

I agree that my standard for anime might be different from yours. Most of those cliche types you list, I avoid from the get-go. I don’t knowingly put myself through stuff I know I won’t like. You can usually tell from the promo art or description what the show will be about. But not in this case. I was expecting something more like Lupin, or Gankutsuou, or Man of 20 Faces.

Let me add that I don’t watch the first episodes of every series that comes out. I follow blogs like this one because I respect psgels judgment, and when he rates something higher than 75% or so, I’ll check it out.

As for your comments on my post:

“a show where the antagonist does antagonistic things” – doing antagonistic things for the sake of being the antagonist is plain bad writing. I’m ok with it if a reason is given. Why is Dio such an ass? Just bad genes? Or are we watching a Saturday morning cartoon here?

The age thing – Konata.. from Lucky Star, yes? I think we can safely say these shows are not related.. so what’s your point? Super-deformed might be another (modern) cliche used for comedic or cutesy effect, but I’m pretty this one is not supposed to be either.

Trolling? – sorry no, I’m here in all seriousness. The only thing trolling is this show, and possibly everyone who says it is amazing. (Sorry, that just slipped out..) I added my comments in the case somebody else makes the same mistake of checking this out without hearing the flaws. I’m just surprised nobody else has felt the same.

• someloser says:

looking back, i may have been a bit rude on my part, and have lost my anger a bit.

The reason dio’s evil is already implied by the show. dude’s father was a drunken bastard which eventually lead to the death of his mom. he’s a dick to jojo due to jojo being rich and spoiled compared to having lived slums most of his life. Lastly it would be his ambition to rise to the top rather than becoming the shameful disgrace his father was, and taking down jojo is all part of it.

alright, he’s not exactly 12 year old looking. so how does this screw up the show?

how the heck did you expect lupin ganketsuou or twenty faces?

main character is a clueless idiot – character development to fabulous
          over the top villain – fabulous effect
          insult to anime – ignore the 50% of anime that get lower than 75% and still regard anime as worth insulting

• sato says:

Haha, I listed those three quickly because I was trying to come up with examples of the initial feel I got from the description and screenshots… atmospheric, artsy, action-mystery..

So, we don’t really need to argue about the details in this show anymore. I think it is established that it’s not my cup of tea. I might check out later reviews to see if it goes anywhere, but I don’t intend to follow it.

As for your last comment, I’m not sure I understand, “ignore the 50% of anime that get lower than 75% and still regard anime as worth insulting.” Just because I enjoy anime, doesn’t mean I have to like ALL anime. Sometimes they just suck.

• Gunnisberg says:

You’re worse than that k shitposter. This is the best anime of the season and you missing out on all the fun because you’re fucking tasteless.

14. Yes says:

Hey Psgels, the ED is “Roundabout” by Yes, one of the greatest classic rock bands of all time.

15. Houlgrave says:

sato: JoJo is one of those things that really deserves a look into as far as source material goes before you start laying on the criticism. Its the best shounen series of all goddamn time for Chrisakes. :/

16. Shin says:

Btooom! was okay, but there are some logical flaws… I think. Like you mentioned psgels: How the bombs (not) worked on the main character in battle. I kept thinking to myself “How the hell can he NOT be killed by this / stand up everytime again and again / still have all his limbs left on him?”. But I also found it VERY … let’s call baffling that it took him so long to figure out that he got frickin’ time bombs. Dude. There was a timer on it. What else should it have been? He even tested one before! I mean, when I as watcher, totally unfamiliar with military, weapons, bombs and such, can figure out that “strange little device with counter that ticks down and down” = “ITSA TIME BOMB” … Why can’t he, who seems like he’s having an interest in the whole thing. These bombs even are implemented in the game as he mentioned… 10th best player alright, huh ^^;; Of course he was thrown in the whole situation … but as I said, he tested one of them and SAW the counter and had the bomb explode before him… so yeah. Sorry, I’m rambling, but that was just too strange for me, that he suddenly went all like “omygosh those are TIME BAAAMBS?”
    Also, did you notice at the end how he threw his controller into the fricking wall? XD What was that about? Either those walls in Japan are really not the most robust ones, or he has some scary inhuman powers in those gamer-arms!

• wicked says:

I’ve punched through dry walls a couple times in my life, at the expenses of my knuckles, but if it’s not concrete, actually not so difficult.

First episode could have done better. For one thing, it didnt bother to explain that contact style bombs are the weakest in term of firepower because of it’s convenient nature(this showed up as a info sheet before the manga chapter). The other thing is that it should darker than what the anime portrayed, the two of them were never really able to fully make out the other much less the bombs, which why the psycho’s accuracy is horrible.

With his mental process. He just kidnapped, knocked out and threw onto a tropical island with a fanny pack full of contraption he’s never seen(obviously it looked different from the game). Who in their right mind would quickly make the connection immediately that this is exactly like the game I played? A psycho is chasing him with bombs trying to kill him in real life. Under stress, his mind is not processing how the bomb works. Bill Buckner played baseball so well that he made it into the big league as an everyday starter, he’s field grounders countless times it should be like breathing, 1986 World series, right through his leg.

• Shin says:

Well of course there are walls that can be smashed easily. But for me, that was just too dramatic in that moment – A controller you angrily throw off in a not-so-concentrated way just should not stack to the wall like that, I just can’t cope with that! :D”

You’re right about that: At least darkness would’ve explained that the aim of the two was way off, causing the bombs to go off in places where the guys (luckily) were out of explosion-range. Well, it was dark later … and they were running through that jungle in panic and haste too … Of course this also leads to missing the target, but in the anime it was portrayed, like, the bomb fell to his foot, and he just flew some metres, without being harmed at all. That’s not aim-off, that’s aim-on. They just shouldn’t have placed the bombs/explosions so near at him – then I wouldn’t have any complains.

Like I said – *that* point I can understand, he’s just thrown out on this alien island, all by himself, someone’s chasing him down, etc. But he acutally tried these bombs out before, in a calm moment … he -saw- how they worked, and that time-counter. I don’t complain about him missing his opponent/forgetting to push the button the whole time – because under those circumenstances, that shouldn’t be surprising, also because he most likely never held a real bomb in his hands before – I was just baffled how he completely forgot about that counter at all and then exclaims so excitedly, that he has time bombs there. It should’ve made “click” in his head soon before when the bomb of his exploded on the beach. But, overthinking it: You’re completely right, in mental confusion, that’s an easy one to go wrong, especially with so many things going around at him at the moment, and he’s literally running away from his own death.
        Still. I think, when it comes to such a series, where unrealistic things and circumenstances are all around (nobody will come and kidnap the 10 best players of some shooter MMO to let them fight with each other with real bombs… …I hope?), such things that need a sense of realism shouldn’t be thought too much on as well. :| When I as watcher sit there and just think to myself “already figure out what you’re holding there, damnit. stop whining about getting killed, you’ll live on, that’s the first episode”… I dunno. It was so predictable. Anime like to exaggerate, but when it comes to such simple things, they drag it out… Still, I’m not talking back to your opinion at all! I think, I just don’t like how it was executed. … yeah, I think, that was the point I was trying to make!

17. Reverse says:

K that skateboard part pretty awesome, i’m impressed (even with the cgi background, plus the model itself most likely a rotoscoping ) the scene look particular familiar just cant point out what……

18. Arno says:

I agree with Psgels about K. First it’s great art, and one of the few animes that deserve viewing on a large HD screen. Music too.

Then it is true the characters are cliche, but masterfully so, they are made so over the top that it becomes poetry.

I will be looking forward for this.

19. Trass says:

Hmm… Once again we have different opinions, psgels.

Like so many others, I was also disappointed by K. I still liked Durarara and liked its coolness, but K just tried way too hard. I don’t like the annoying tint either, it’s disturbing to my eyes.

And the white haired MC. God, he was just so annoying to watch. I can barely keep up with the show once he appeared. That kind of character is what I hate the most in anime, a male who acts and sounds very odd and weird, to the point where you won’t actually find anyone in real life speaking and behaving like that, BUT no one seems to care about that fact and treated him as if he’s the most normal thing in the world (don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against feminine guys in general).

Putting that aside, the plot was very cliched, at least as far as I can see from the first episode. This ep really left lots of things to be desired.

Well, I’m still gonna check this out for one or two episodes before dropping it though, just in case I missed something.

20. HunterWulf says:

The criticizing “opinions” about K are so hilarious to read .. you guys need both your eyes and heads checked …. i’m not saying its perfect but it pretty much one of the best animes this new season and probably this whole year (at least gives the impression it will be from its first episode), not only are the visuals are insane and top rank and no anime TV series in a long time had such impressive movie-quality visuals (almost as good as Mardock Scramble .. only few notches below), but they setup a very interesting ground for what’s to come and introduced a lot of characters (almost all the cast maybe except the naked floating cat girl) and gave us a hint at how impressive the fight scenes in the upcoming episodes will look like.

I can understand if you didn’t like the genre or not interested in this type of show .. but disappointed !!!! seriously what kind of %^&*%$ unrealistic expectations did you have people.

Oh .. and i noticed some people are tint sensitive .. poor kiddos can’t handle color tints XD

• Trass says:

Not sure if we’re looking at the same thing, but the animation doesn’t look fluid to me. Well, the fight scenes were cool and amazing but it doesn’t look movie quality at all, at least to me.

I was disappointed because the show is not what I expected it to be, judging from psgels’ review. I didn’t have any interest in this show before psgels gave it such a high rating, but in the end, I didn’t like it as much as him. That’s why I was ‘disappointed’. Not sure how it matters to you if I and a few others are disappointed or not, but I explained my reasons anyway. Also, notice that I never said the show was ugly or bad. It’s all about ‘disappointed’ or ‘don’t like’. It’s heavily subjective.

For the tint, I think we all (including you) know what I meant when I said ‘the tint is disturbing to my eyes’. Look, if you didn’t like spicy foods, am I right to laugh at you and say “poor kiddos can’t handle spicy foods XD”. The fact that I’m not the only one complaining about the tint proves that there are a lot who don’t like their decision to air the show completely in that color. There are of course, just as many people who liked it the way it is. But at least I wasn’t belittling anyone with their taste.

• Jay says:

If you can legitimately hold an opinion of being pleased by the first ep, then other people can legitimately hold the opinion of being disappointed by it. Otherwise the only reaction people would be allowed would be “this was exactly what I expected it would be and I feel neutral about it”.

Enjoyment and interpretation of media is subjective. Sensible adults realise this and do not go on furious rants when they find people didn’t enjoy an episode as much as they did. Seriously, your comment above basically says that the only explanation you can comprehend without becoming enraged for someone not liking K’s first ep as much as you did is if they just don’t like the genre the show is in as a whole. Nope, subjectivity exists, and you should get used to it.

21. Stephen says:

So according to the people here, K has the worst visuals, worst script, and worse characters. Holy Cow.

22. Freedert says:

I doubt Btooom! ED was sung by Ishikawa Chiaki, the voice is more like May’n ‘s……..

23. meow says:

Uwaaah. Miyuki Sawashiro is actually voicing psycho kid. >.>; She’s been in like every anime lately and even a lot of the games I’ve been playing. Now every time I run into her voice again, I’m gonna think of this blood soaked psycho kid. I should have dropped this show when I had the chance. =.=;

Customize
But come to think of it, I do know what its like to enjoy something admittedly flawed, the first season of utawerumono was like that for me, I have nothing but criticism of it in all aspects but yet ended up being one of those things I somehow enjoyed watching.
Ah, only flippflappers, natsume, drifters on my end.
I wonder if anyone here is still watching Bubuki Buranki? It's weird but despite how deeply flawed it is I find it fairly enjoyable. Though that fantastic soundtrack certainly helps.
@Anon, Oh they announced a Sonic movie too. Apparently it's a mix of live action and animation.
I am suprised SEGA didn't announce an Sonic movie and went with games like Altered Beast and Crazy Taxi, they probably could have just ripped off one story from the Archie Sonic comics and make an movie based on that, preferably the story where Sonic travels in the multiverse to fight an super powerful Sigma alongside Classic Megaman and Megaman X,Steet Fighter cast,Breath of Fire 3 cast and more
@Anon, A parody Grindhouse film actually could work. I consider Overkill the best of House of the dead. Thing is there actually is already a house of the dead movie so this would be their second attempt. The first attempt...lets just say it didn't work out.
And House Of The Dead: Overkill is probably the best game in the franchise to adapt, i mean, it has Isaac Washington in it and dude's awesome.
None of those games have much of a story, but at least House Of The Dead could make for an entertaining silly movie, i mean House Of The Dead: Overkill is freaking awesome and has silly cutscenes at the start and end of every level.
At most moonbeam city seems sylistically interesting.
Archer I simply lost track of and it ended up getting to long to catch up on it.
Relatively old news, although I've been joking with friends about what if scenarios for a streets of rage film. I know there is a cg/live action hybrid sonic film in the works. I kind of want to think a shinobi or streets of rage film could work if they went full on 70s style action film.
None of these games are played for the story. You would be better off just making a new game for them instead of a movie.
I haven't even seen Archer. On another note SEGA is planning a bunch of live action movies of their franchises and boy do they all sound like a horrible idea. Shinobi, Golden Axe, Virtua Fighter, The House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi, Streets of rage and Altered Beast.
@Anon522497: hmm, I found Moonbeam City underwhelmed and for Archer up until their last season I actually got a bit tired of the cast (couldn't finish that season 7)
If i wanted Archer i would just watch Archer or Moonbeam City like everyone else.
Bloodivores
Anyone here watching Pacific Heat? It's an Aussie Archer-ripoff aired in Netflix last week. I actually enjoyed the 1st episode, not that great but everyone panned it like a plague.
@Anon, Who?
#StephanieJaworowiczIsBeautiful
@Mario: That'd be the compiliation film. I watched that based on hearing that the film version trimmed back on the shows weaker moments.
@Kaiser: was it the compilation film or the series itself? That scene is the highlight of that first season. I'm always a fan of KyoAni so it's very natural that I enjoy this series a whole lot.
I watched the first season of sound euphonium, not much to say for it other than I liked the teacher guy and the scene where the black haired girl tells the main character that she thinks shes hiding behind a mask. Animation was as expected of kyoani good. All of those emotion shots though and some of the melodrama...
@Kaiser, it does stop if you make an account.
Hmmm there we go again, it delayed sending my message for longer than it should have.
Anyone notice today and last night that the site has had some loading issues? I kept getting an error page for a while and it was also loading a bit more slowly. A server issue?
Have to say, Flip Flappers ep 5 was pretty good. I love atmospheric settings like that.
Looks like an Epee. The large bell guard, the fact that they are focusing on thrusting attacks instead of slashing (mostly). Fencing is alot of fun. Be prepared for some bruises though, as some people put their full body weight behind their thrusts.
I have one last dumb question, Can you tell what types of blade of Juri in Utena? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsVSSUv_i0
@Lenlo: the more you described the more I found fencing interesting. I might take a look around my town to see if we have Fencing here (the curse of living in a small town).
Blades are slightly different, yes, but mostly just in their guard and how much they bend. Sabers bend easily, Epee's not so much. Surprisingly Epee is the slowest, because people tend to be more careful. Saber is actually the most aggressive of the blades, atleast at my skill level
That's all they had to do. Just stay inside and let it pass. But for some weird reason they just keep panicking over nothing.
As far as time/alternate world stuff goes this was ridiculously underwhelming. Just finished another movie called triangle and now that's how you do Time travel mindfuckery.
@Mario, I am not fond of movies where people make stupid decisions for no good reason. For example:
"We should just stay inside"
"No, staying inside isn't realistic"
WHY IN THE HOLY HELL ISN'T IT REALISTIC.
Showed that movie to a bunch of friends last year and I remembered one of the girl just shut off the movie after 15'
@Aidan: too bad. I found Cohenrent really funny and entertaining. Some of their twists are stupid but I was actually invested in much of their characters. Maybe because I always love movies about a bunch of characters in an isolated setting
@Lenlo: sounds like Epee is the most "all-out-attack" and aggressive one. Their blades are different as well I assume?
Just watched a movie called coherence and man, what a bunch a pseudo-intellectual garbage that was.
For Right of Way, its basically Person A attacks, Person B parries, Person A hits, Person B hits, Person B gets the point because they took right of way with the parry. Saber and Foil both have that, but Epee does not. Epee is simply "Whoever hits the opponent first, doesnt matter where, whole body is target area"
Theres Saber, Foil and Epee. The main difference is this thing called right of way, but there are other smaller ones like how Saber can hit with the edge and Epee is allowed to hit the entire body, instead of just the chest like Foil
For news, Blood Blockade Battlefront getting second season next year. As it was one of my favorite last year I'm really lokking forward to this second season
@Lenlo: that sounds great. From what I know from fencing there are 3 different types of blade right? So what are the differences between them? (Fencing 101 here)
Although a fantasy sports thing could also generate interest, such as combining sports together to create something totally new.
@SuperMario, Fencing was great. Favorite sport ever and it helped me stay in shape in College. I find Epee to be the best blade, mostly cause I fenced it, but its a very intense 3 minutes. Unlike sports like Soccer and such which is alot of sustained running, Fencing is 3 minutes of Dont-Stop-Moving then wait till next match. Gets really fun once you figure out your own style.
haha, I wouldn't mind either if each episode focus on a single sport/ character/ country. Or even the positive aspects like role models, sports inspirations and stuffs
That Olympic anime sounds great.
And it would be a good excuse to have characters of multiple backgrounds included too.
Could be an 13 episode ova series with 48 minute episodes, and if its to be an ensemble character drama you could have 10 minutes to a each character (the ones being focused on in that episode) in each episode.
Ah yes, aswell as cheating it could also get into "stage parenting", "abuse", "Disabilities" and also the general politics of sports, the backroom stuff.
I'll be the first in line if that olympic anime ever come out. Could be interesting to see the interactions between athletes in different sports, and then fans/athletes/coaches relationship, then the gold rush, doping... So much to talk around to
I don't think theres ever been a manga about hurling either. Hey heres an idea, someone do an ensemble drama anime that deals with the olympics, fit in multiple sports that way.
Personally I find Australian football much more exciting than rugby. Or crickets.
@Kaiser: ha! Interesting that you mentioned Gaelic football, because in Aus we have AFL (Australian Football League), that really similars to Gealic Football to the point sometimes we have the 2 national teams compete each other with modified rules
Hmm, lets see, sport under-represented in anime? Fencing, golf , Gaelic football, bowling, boat racing.
Hey, fencing is actually really cool. How did you like it Lenlo?
You have your point there Topgavin, as I clearly remember many instances where players' legs, backs or even necks got snapped during rugby's tackles. But in regards to Rugby I never really care about it. That and car racing
Its mostly the type of injuries you get that differ I think. Football you get concussions and broken bones and such, while in Rugby you probably get alot of bruises and cuts. Granted I have played neither, I was a Soccer man in highschool and fencing in College
American football has alot of rules, and really is just a bunch of millionaires running around chasing a ball. Rugby however, as Topgavin said, has no pads so when you get hit you get hit HARD
I never ceases to surprise me just how high and mighty visual novel fans can be over Mosaics present in localized games. I mean they are literally complaining about not seeing genitalia yet the way they phrase it, it's like they are fighting against great injustice. If these VNs were Nukige they might have a point but in most cases the sex scenes in question are pointless and shoehorned in.
@Mario Rugby is more extreme *because* it has no protective gear. No hiding behind helmets and cushioned shoulder pads when ya get bowled over.
@Lenlo: I'm no expert but isn't American football a variation of Rugby? And I believe american football is more extreme, considering they have to wear helmets, protection gears and all that
I dont think theres alot of manga about it because its simply not that popular outside the US. As far as it being a battlefield, eeeeh? Not really? You want a battlefield watch Rugby.
I can think of other cool sports that could be interesting to see in anime: Kick Volleyball (Sepak takraw), Bossaball (combined soccer, volleyball in a trampoline), or in the same vein of skate figures this season, why not pole dancing competition???
What other sport is cool and popular that remains original to write about by now? There isn't a lot of manga about it compared to anything else.
American football looks like a battlefield with a visible battleline and everything. Id like it if there wasnt so many darn commercials.
I mean, its a sport. Far cry from best, but its definitely a sport.
@Vonter: or maybe because american football IS the best sports ever?
@Vonter: Most likely due to the middle section of the original anime being the most popular bit.
Can someone explain me how Cobra, is apparently getting an anime around some sort of space american football? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54kNWPr43zE
@Mario: Its not safe enough a film for me to properly recommend. Even to exploitation fans, they might find it too slow others would be too sensitive to it. Really una vita violenca, mamma roma, accatone, hawks and sparrows are what Pasolini is really about.
Now that you watched Salo, would you recommend the film to other people? I personally think it's a masterpiece but it's one of the title that I think people would break up with me if I show them this movie
@Kaiser: even him as a director, both Braveheart and Apocalypto don't do much to me, will see if Hacksaw Ridge going to change my mind (but I'm not to fond with war movies in general). La Notte is in my sooon-to-watch list for years, haha
@Mario: Mel Gibson as a director, not as an actor =)
@Mario: Thats why I prefer the neo-realist/quasi-neo-realism stuff as it deals with the worse off in society. But Antonioni was the master of being able to do films about angsty well-off people, L'aventura, the passenger and La notte for example
@Mario: Its not so much that I dislike post 50s fellini moreso I feel that his throw everything at the screen and hope what sticks method can be hit or miss.
While I don't really mind his later stuffs because he was masterclass, I have a pretty hard time for Paolo Sorrentino's later works. The thing is I don't care much about the high class society so everything is just ridiculously over the top and glamour and I'm tired of it.
I haven't watched nights of cabiria but I did watch La Strada and boy, I was sad for few days after watching it. Fellini mentioned that he was inspired to make this movie when seeing a woman pushing a cart from behind. The film really carry that sense throughout its running
Michael Haneke put Salo in his top 10 films. Quite understandable when you think about it. Still for me one of the movie that affected me deeply.
I really admire Elle for its ability to maintain its sharpness because under other inexperienced directors it could easily becomes a mess. Mel Gibson, really? He's one of the few actors that I absolutely dislike
@Kaiser: The Red Turtle remains one of the the most refreshing time I had this year in cinema, but then again I haven't watched much films lately. Agree with you on Sonia's performance, and I still think they could cut out the first 20' of the film because it feels out of place compare to the rest of the film
Debating whether to bother catching up on I am a hero or watching the film adaptation. I haven't read it since they got rid of that one female character.
@Mario: I've a feeling you'll like nights of cabiria, Fellini was cranking out some solidly effective social-realist dramas in the 50s before he fell into self-indulgence.
Now I have that sound euphonium compilation film downloaded, I should get to that sometime.
@Mario: I also finally watched Salo, I ended up meeting it pretty much halfway. Some parts still retain the ability to effect a modern viewer, having seen his other works though its crazy just how different Salo is to them.
@Mario: Seeing I, daniel Blake tomorrow and rogue one in a few weeks.
@Mario: I hope Mel Gibson and Isabelle huppert win at the next oscars.
@Mario: I liked the red turtle for its visual style of storytelling and animation even if I didn't get as emotionally attached to it as others did. I also watched Aquarius nd was pretty much blown away by Sonia Braga's performance. Elle is now one of my favourite Verhoeven films and its a miracle he managed to maintain such a great balance successfully throughout the film.
I don't care for the sequel of Code Geass at all. Why Spice & Wolf still hasn't got season 3 though is what really bugged me. From what I know their manga and LNs are selling very well
I wonder why that is...
Ah, they were always milking code geass though what with those bajillion-million-billion manga spinoffs.
Still say I was more fond of the character chemistry in spice and wolf as opposed to everything else.
I'll likely pass on the code geass sequel, the memory I have of it has already led to its appeal dimishing for me, I don't want to ruin things further watching an un-neccesary followup. Still avoiding utawerumono's second season for same reasons.
After all there are things which need sequels and things which don't. And Code Geass never needed a sequel after R2's ending. Giving something a sequel can just ruin the conculsion of the orignal series. Case in point. Eureka Seven Ao. Remember that? Cause you shouldn't. Because it was terrible.
Honestly I would have preferred Spice and Wolf Season 3.
So...is anyone gonna mention that Code Geass is getting a sequel?
....Because Code Geass is getting a sequel.
@Anon, I am watching it as well. But I am a bit behind because I am watching the funimation broadcast dub. It's a very good guilty pleasure. I don't find it quite as funny anymore but it's still pure dumb fun.
@Anon487524: I'm still following it and it still remains a fun show to watch. I love the way they do the fan-servicey completely straight.
@anon I'll admit to watching it. While it is very simple and follows the sport anime formula religiously, it's still a blast to watch every week. This is also helped because you have no expectations for it before watching other than "oh god what's gonna happen this week".
Granted, nothing special, just one of those anime whose only worth is being fun to watch without being deep, but Keijo really is fun to watch, easily the best guilty pleasure anime in a long while to me.
I started watching it expecting an crappy fanservice anime with nothing of worth, but it ended up being actually pretty fun and awesome to watch.
Anyone here seeing Keijo?
What's up with 3-gatsu no Lion? Delayed for a week huh?
Checked out Hedeki anno's godzilla re-boot earlier out of curiousity, its a bit plodding/dull at times but sometimes its high camp value played straight is kind of funny, having godzilla evolve during the film was a cool touch and I enjoyed every scene with him and making a Godzilla film today is still very relevant. Not a patch on the old ones though.
I think that movie was just so terrible that people made it into a meme. Stuff like "The Entire Bee Movie Except Evey Time They Say 'Bee' The Movie Speeds Up"
I'm sorry lmao I had to, it seemed so appropriate a moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU
Fun Fact: The whole Bees shouldn't be able to fly thing is a myth.
Badesh
I think that was just a dry realization...
@Topgavin, It's a meme to post the entire script of the bee movie in random places?
....I don't get the joke.
For anyone wondering, I think anon just copy/pasted the entire script for the Bee movie. Memes are goin strong
According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.

Yellow, black. Yellow, black.
Yellow, black. Yellow, black.

Ooh, black and yellow!
Let's shake it up a little.

Barry! Breakfast i
Actually I think it was up to about episode ten or so I saw.
From what I can recall I watched legend of the galactic heroes somewhere past the part with the Caligula guy.
That is one thing I wonder about the remake. How are they going to make the space battles interesting? Cause for me theres only so many times you can watch tin boxes shoot lasers and explode.
I didn't like LOGH until the third episode. That's when it started to catch my attention. It also helps that I have a interest in history as the plot of LOGH practically reads like genuine history.
In my case the overhype didn't kill it for me as I generally try to avoid that. When I walked into LOGH I was under the impression that it would ahve merit but not be for me. After all I heard it was mostly politics and the politics of Gundam bore me to tears. Funny enough the opposite happened. The space battles bored me but the politics got me really interested.
@Leahcimali, The problem is that the people who say that something is the best thing they ever seen don't actually mean it. Often it's just hyperbole. When talking we other people fans tend to blow certain things out of proportion unintentionally. Overrated is likely the wrong word but you get what I mean.
leahcimali
@AidankAK47 oh and are you going to write a review about it or because psngel already wrote a review of it you are not gonna write it ?
leahcimali
the problem is trying to rank art . Even comparing a comedy show and a story focus show is clearly impossible. @AidanAK47 do you think the overhype of some hardcore logh fan killed you enjoyment of the show ? Because sometimes when you expect nothing of something you can enjoy it more than when waiting for something incredible.
leahcimali
i hear the same thing from fan of lord of the ring, star wars and game of thrones, star trek ... etc. The hardcore fan of those says that they are the greatest things in history ... but saying there are overated is discrediting the quality of those. Nothing is perfect and again maintening equal quality in a longuer running show is impossible. But having a longer story create a more rich background
LookingForKeys
@Mario Kimi no Na ha is pretty damn good. Watched it while in Japan a couple weeks back. The story has well done surprises, and on the graphics side you can *really* see Production IG worked on it.
leahcimali
I don't think saying logh is overated is a good way to say it. All media with great aclaimed critics or even highly popular show suffer from the fan reaction. If fan claim that it is the best things that they have ever saw and you don't agree, it feels overated. But this is only pure subjectivity. Saying he is greastest thing in history is a way for fan to exprim there love
However it has been placed on a unreasonable pedestal that nothing could live up to. Eva is sort of in the same boat. So yes it is overrated but that does not mean it isn't great.
@Leahcimali, if anything is claimed to be the greatest thing in the history of mankind it is overrated. The basic idea that there is a single anime out there which is fundamental and universally better than all other anime regardless of genre or intent is inherently a flawed concept. I do certainly see why LOGH is so highly acclaimed and I believe it is well worth watching.
@Anon, I didn't look into the details of the new LOGH remake. I was planning on doing that when I am doing an anime season preview for it whenever it's going to air next year. For a long anime it does rate highly but even then I am not certain it really needed all 110 of those episodes.
leahcimali
about your comment are you thinking the LOGH anime is overated ? i ask Because you said that there is plenty of anime you consided better .
about the remake won't it be a straight adaptation from the manga remake by the artist that made shiki ?
AidanAK47 personally i really loved legend of the galactic heroes and it is one of the anime that make one of the biggest impact on me. I found it the best "long" anime that i ever seen (more than 24 ep). But comparing it to anime with shorter format is a bit hard. you can make something that have perfect pacing in 1h30 but it is impossible with a 110 ep anime.
Either way I am pretty certain that all other isn't crap to me now seeing as I have seen the so called pinnacle. In fact There are plenty of anime I consider better that LOGH.
There are aspects of its story which wouldn't really work by today's standards.
And I did it. I watched legend of the galactic heroes. I have slain the white whale of anime. It certainly was interesting to say the least but I think the remake coming is going to have trouble. I am in between giving it a 8 or a 9 but it's clear that LOGH is very much a product of its time.
I didn't really care for this weeks flipflappers, the fanservice and also it was even more trigger than I could take.
@Gavin@Mario: I'll get round to your name someday but I think this might be my last chance with shinkai.
@Aidan: That disgaea review made me nostalgic because I remember my friends and I playing it back when it first came out. We found it difficult but were amused by it/liked the characters.
@Aidan: Are the manga posts exclusively for series with only a few chapters translated or series that came out in the past year or so? I've been reading gunka no balthazar and enjoying it enough and think it should get recommendation out there.
Just booked tickets to go see it on Sunday with my little sister. Was surprisingly reluctant but I know she'll like it, I've already seen it but pumped either way.
Your name movie has been showed theatrically here in Aus, I'm planning to rewatch it soon in theatre and then do a review on it. Is that alright with other admins?
so I guess the top 6 will advance to the final are: Otabek Altin (Kazakhstan), Giacometti (Switzerland), Yuri, Yurio, JJ and Phichit? Will be very cool final event haha
At the very least Yuri on Ice shows me how entertaining ice skating can be
@K-Off: have a good trip ahead K-Off. Well, it's still better than Japan (earthquake) I guess
Well, heading to Korea tomorrow. What a time to go. In the middle of Korea's biggest financial scandal since the 80s.
Is it just me, or does the Yuri on Ice opening get more colorful and detailed every week?
Badesh, if you like to check out their other songs, give "Tunnels of Love" and "Romeo & Juliet" a listen. Though I just discovered Telegraph Road quite recently, those 2 songs are qmong my all time favorite
I prefer their ealier version when the band was still together (aLCHEMY 1983), but that Rome 2005 was magnificent too. Seriously with this band diifferent live versions feel like another experience... And that song is criminally under-heard in radio too, because of its running time. A crying shame
Badesh
uhh, found it in better quality. now, THAT is a fitting present for my dad :)
Badesh
well that commentator, that sounds like he's in a soccer match, will get on my nerves though...
Badesh
if you're talking about the rome 2005 version... hell, that's some sweet music. i'll inhale that for the rest of the evening, thanks for that
Anyone here listen to Dire Straits? I just in the mood for their music lately. Checked out the band playing Telegraph Road live the other day on youtube and I was completely stunned.
@Lenlo: I considered Flip Flappers 3,5,6 to be its best so far so continue on to see if Flip Flappers is your cup of tea or not
For me I have a lot of stuffs to catch up on this time a year, both in terms of anime and in my RL. Time goes fast as hell

occulticnine-09-4

Occultic;Nine – 09[Future Days]

The presentation of Occultic;Nine is starting to remind me of speed Racer, an anime from a bygone era which had a rather infamous dub. Basically due to the literal translation, the way which Japanese can say more with less words and the speed of dialogue it required the dub actors to say a large amount […]

mahou-shoujo-ikusei-keikaku-10-2

Magical Girl Raising Project – 10[Super-Hot! Back-to-Back Battle Events!]

I am really starting to dislike how this show is killing off the characters I grow remotely interested in while leaving only the dullest characters to carry the show. Don’t take that to mean I cared about the remaining twin angel that got killed off because her death was pretty deserved. But this cements the […]

drifters-09-3

Drifters – 09[Serious Bomber]

Drifters is at it’s best when the Orte are getting trounced and they are certainly getting a beating here. I could complain over how the Orte are one dimensional villains but after the master race bull and the concentration camp here they are quite literally Nazi’s at this point. Nazi’s are the one type of […]

3-gatsu ni Lion 08

3-gatsu no Lion – 08 [Image – Distant Thunder part 1]

We’re back with 3-gatsu no Lion after a week hiatus from sick leave (I know everyone got sick last week, be it in springtime in this corner of the world, or the start of winter elsewhere) and I’m glad that the show returns in good form. Kyouko might be the most distinctive character the show […]

Flip Flappers 09

Flip Flappers – 09 [Pure Mute]

Again this week, Yayaka takes up the stage and by the end of this episode her arc is basically over, now that she is abandoned by the Cult and is taken over by Cocona and Papika. But what an emotional ride this episode delivers. I’m particularly taken not only by the action and consequence she […]

occulticnine-08-4

Occultic;Nine – 07-08[Happiness is a Warm Gun]

By episode sevens end it did confirm that indeed, the majority of the cast is dead which brings up a whole host of problems. For you see while this twist may seem like a interesting left turn, it only really works if you consider the time a character is shown on screen the only time […]

Sound Eupho 2 - 09

Sound! Euphonium 2 – 09 [Sound! Euphonium]

Two-third of this Fall season have passed and usually this is the time for our shows to reach to their full potential. Sound Eupho, comfortably delivers one of its best episode of this second season. As you can probably tell by the self-titled nature of this episode, our Eupho players are given as the centerpiece […]

mahou-shoujo-ikusei-keikaku-09-3

Magical Girl Raising Project – 09[Notice of New Rules]

Calamity Mary dying was pretty expected and the death that followed was equally something that was bound to happen. Though having a third death was not quite what I expected. Considering the small line in one of the halfway blurbs about Nana having some other intentions I thought she might have more to her than […]

drifters-08-1

Drifters – 08[Mystery Call Me]

It looks to be a trend of drifters to follow a high action episode with a cooling down period. Though it does leave me with little to comment on. Scipio meeting Kanno and neither being able to understand each other lead to what may be one of the few jokes that actually hit with this […]

Strange Frame 00

Strange Frame – Love & Sax (2012) Movie Review – 76/100

Thunderbolt Fantasy 05c

Thunderbolt Fantasy Review – 84/100

Orange - 01 2

orange Review – 73/100

What would you do if you receive letters from your future-self saying that you can change your future? That’s exactly what Naho experienced as she obtains ones from herself 10 years later that urge her to look after her new friend and prevent him from committing suicide. The premise, I agree, is hardly anything groundbreaking, […]

91 Days - 07 4

91 Days Review – 68/100

When taking up the job of checking out every anime season you really can starve for something different. Variety is the spice of life and yet the entertainment industry seems determined to give us more of the same. So in the sea of average high school students gaining superpowers and harems I see an anime […]

Mob Psycho 100 - 03 3

Mob Psycho 100 Review – 80/100

After the explosive popularity of One Punch Man it really was a high bar that another work of the author ONE had to reach. While it didn’t quite manage that it still differentiated itself enough to allow it to be a worthy anime of it’s own right. But admittedly that will depend on whether this […]

[HorribleSubs] Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 18 [480p].mkv_002253.373