Posted by psgels on 9 November 2013 with categories: Galilei Donna

Oh… the fail. The huge, incredible fail. I was already flexing my muscles when I found out that this episode would be set in the Netherlands… but I didn’t expect that the creators got almost nothing right.

The only thing the creators got right was the names, and they spelled “voor” right.

Questionable but correct was the fact that it snowed. Heck, apparently it’s around January or February when the series takes place. We have periods in which the entire country is covered in snow. Way to go against the stereotypes, I like that. Although I do find it a bit weird that it suddenly out of nowhere started snowing. We’re not particularly colder than the rest of the world here and usually the snow just lasts two months, and even then it’s only a few days at a time. There’s also the way in which everyone just understood each other, but that’s something that all international fiction suffers from. Let’s just assume that everyone’s talking English.

And now for the gross inaccuracies. Let’s start with the architecutre: in the Netherlands, houses can basically be divided into two kinds: old and new. Old is basically the traditional style of housing, while the new is the calculated and well planned home, often built with reddish brick. None of the buildings shown in this episode fall anywhere close to that. I guess they were going for the old look, but they made one crucial mistake here:

Let me tell you, most cities in the Netherlands were built on swamp lands. When homes needed to be built, people would drive huge wooden pillars into the ground for the houses to rest on, because otherwise everything would just collapse on itself. This also meant that most homes couldn’t be built very large unless they have some very solid foundation, wihch is what most people couldn’t afford. Especially combined with the fact that it’s a country with a really high population density: especially in the cities there is not much room. Houses as huge as what we saw there: we only have that in the suburbs, and almost always they are built in a modern architectural style, not some oldish one that you see here. Even the largest houses in the old style are large because they are long. Not wide. When I go on a holiday to a foreign country, I’m always stunned by how big every building is.

Also, the church:churches in the Netherlands are mostly built in an old gothic style. All very old-fashioned, and a typical element of them is that the windows are slightly small. Not huge, like that giant stained glass window we saw here, nor do we have much churches in which the iron beams are plainly visible. Having huge open doors is also just a big no.

Then, the street view: our lanterns nowadays are much more modern: the old style you only see in historical centers like Amsterdam. Also, the creators cleverly managed to mask this with the snow and all, but Dutch streets are nearly always designed to be save: lots of traffic lights, very well defined pavements, lots of opportunities for bikes. I saw no hints of that whatsoever.

And here’s the big one: WHERE THE HECK DID THESE MOUNTAINS COME FROM!? Seriously? We don’t have those in the Netherlands. The single biggest hill we have is about 300 meters above sea level, and that’s in the southernmost part of the country. The other 11 provinces are pretty damn flat here. ESPECIALLY near the sea, which apparently this episode takes place in. Those fancy rocks you see at that beach? Yeah, the rocks we do have are really tiny. Nearly all of our beaches are sandy beaches, follwed by a few sand dunes.

All of this really made me wonder: why am I still watching this? Why am I still going for these kinds of series, when they’re so stupid that they can’t even manage the most basic of research. I mean, Kyousogiga and Samurai Flamenco: I can think of plenty of reasons to watch them. But this…. everything is just average. The drama is all pretty stupid. And I don’t just mean this series, but I’m starting to wonder this about every slightly “good” series. What makes them worth watching if the writers always put so little effort and thought into them?

I want to watch things that can challenge me, however I’m getting more and more the feeling that a lot of the writers are just idiots. Anime has over the past number of years made great strides in terms of animation, but in terms of writing… I’m afraid to say it but things have gotten downhill. There are only a few writers now who can deliver original screenplays, most adaptations are just done lazily. What really is good enough to really be worth your time and attention?
Rating: 2/8 (Awful)

1. ringlord says:

As said in this episode, it’s the beginning of a new ice age.

2. brianwuzhere says:

Amidst your frustration, looks like you added the same pictures to the end of the post as well.

3. AidanAK47 says:

90% = Bitching about inaccuracies about Netherlands.
    10% = Calling show average.

Come on, at least mention what happened in the episode a little. I like the death of the children at least…assuming they are truly dead. This show is not great admittedly but it’s still enjoyable.

4. Deadlight says:

Yeah, from episode 1, I knew Galilei Donna would be a load of crap

• Sword Testing Cliff says:

yup and so is 99% of the aanime bwing showed every season nowdays

“Anime has over the past number of years made great strides in terms of animation, but in terms of writing… I’m afraid to say it but things have gotten downhill.”

This, The writters have just gotten worse and worse.

5. Mikey says:

Well I’ve always though Galilei Donna was pretty bad regardless, but hey whatever gets people realizing that is okay with me.

• Mikey says:

Said this already… Samurai Flamenco is the anime Noitamina needs and Galilei Donna is the anime Noitamina doesn’t need.

Heck Donna is the anime that anime doesn’t need. Moe pandering disguised in an unusual story. But at the end of the day, it’s still moe pandering.

• Mazz says:

HOLD IT THIS IS A NOITAMINA SERIES1?!?!
        I’m surprised they would put out something so… average. I gave the show its fair chance solely because of psgels, and it wasn’t horrible (like I thought it would be), but this is far from the quality I expect from them. I mean, didn’t they give us great shows like Silver Spoon, Steins;Gate, Psycho Pass, Anohana, and others. Comapred to those this is just bad. As for the writing, I admit getting things wrong like this in an anime never pissed me off, but I see what you mean, as it’s a talltale sign of lazy/bad writing. That makes me skeptical of this show and anything else it says.

• Mikey says:

They gave us Guilty Crown though.

Also Steins Gate wasn’t a Noitamina series. Robotics Notes was.

• Deadlight says:

NoitaminA has sucked since like 2011. Guilty Crown, Blakc Rock Shooter, Fractale, etc.

• Mazz says:

Yeah I just looked at the shows that were in the timeslot on wikipedia. Some great, some not so great. I assumed Steins;Gate was noitamina because I saw it’s inferior cousin robotics;notes on there.

• mds says:

well i have to disagree with you on BRS. although its SO not noitamina-ish

• Tassia says:

The thing is, they had a bunch of good stuff in 2011 and a bunch of bad stuff. Since they started airing 2 shows (except for the second half of 2010), it’s been about 50% shit and 50% awesome. So they’re giving us about the same amount of good series, just mixed with bad. 2011 gave us Hourou Musuko, Anohana, Usagi Drop, and Un-Go. It’s largely because of those shows that to me 2011 was the best recent year in anime.

• Emma-hime says:

I agree with he assessment Tassia is making about 2011 anime and Noitamina.
            I think we may though in the future see some more teenager-y anime though of Noitamina as guilty crown wasn’t a bad seller .

• Sword Testing Cliff says:

“moe pandering”

pretty much, finally people are begining to see this (this has been goin gon for years) and realyl It took me all of the time they mentioned “galileo” that I was like “yup, not watching this, gonna be crap.”

6. Vawn says:

Regarding your point about the snow. The world is on the verge of another Ice Age, so I see your whole argument with that as pointless. With the inaccuracies with the Netherlands, I can see your points, but for the average viewer who has no knowledge of that part of the world there should be no problem. I really don’t think this episode was really as bad as you’re making it out to be. At least from the viewpoint of the general audience.

• Mikey says:

Just because we don’t know it, doesn’t give the writers and artist any excuse to phone things in. That just insulting our intelligence. And considering what this show has done, that is saying something.

• nodbgp says:

And that’s why its lazy writing. It’s really sad that people think its ok to do these kind of things. Lazy writers shouldn’t be writers at all.

7. Emma-hime says:

If anything I find it far worse because it sends the wrong message to people who may not be in the know.
    This was an informative post.

8. Aegd says:

It’s a fictional series. They fly around in a huge robotic goldfish, and you whine and moan about the netherlands being portrayed realistically? The series take place in the future. Your country could have changed drastically, and once more… it’s FICTION.

Sure, the series is badly written, but that something that has been apparent for the past few episodes.

• Sword Testing Cliff says:

oh the age old “it’s fiction don’t bash my favorite show waaah waah wahh”

I guess since it’s fiction you can just put mountains any old place (where there are none in the NON-FICTIONAL place called the Netherlands) yeah dude.

GO back and hug your pillows of the main female characters, your fanboyism isn’t welcome here.

• Emma-hime says:

If the show is to go for what Aegd said, then they should make clear and explain those in the future changes or really make something of it.
        This coming from someone who finds the show obnoxious and annoying.

• Spike says:

Yeah actually, you can. That’s what makes fiction, fiction. You can do whatever the fuck you want to do. They can put a Big statue of Stalin in Times Square if they feel like it.

These kind of things only get focused on when the story / characters aren’t that engrossing. If you have time to nitpick the setting / realism (looking at you Coppelion) It’s time to drop the show because it obviously isn’t for you.

This entire post was a waste of time, no one gives a shit what the Netherlands is really like, especially not the Japanese viewers who are the actual target of the show.

• Aegd says:

Precisely. You can nitpick about the setting in almost any show. If you look outside anime, you will find that many Hollywood movies are not even filmed on the location they are supposed to take place in. Hell, most movies are not even filmed in the same COUNTRY they are supposed to take place in. This is obviously going the be very apparent to anyone who happen to live in that country/city.

The post was a waste of time because it didn’t actually cover the show. It covered PSgels view on how his country is portrayed in a fictional anime setting… which makes no sense at all.

How about next time, maybe focus about what happened in the show?

• nodbgp says:

You don’t understand shit about what you’re talking about. It being fiction doesn’t excuse the fact that the writers didn’t make their research, they didn’t put mountains there to enrich/define the setting they put it there because they made a mistake. Being fiction doesn’t excuse bad/lazy writing.

Besides who are you to decide if everybody gives a shit or not about what Netherlands is really like? You may not give a shit, but believe it or not a bunch of people do, and I could bet that between those people there are some Japanese.

• Spike says:

Listen up shitbag, these scripts are put together on a weekly basis and mostly have a STRICT deadline of 36 hours to be written in order to get animation and design done on time. There is NO TIME to spend researching architechure and topography for fictional town in some non-existant place that set in the future in an alternate universe because frankly – it only matters to faggot nitpickers like you, who aren’t going to buy the show anyway from the Japanese creator.
            So yea, no one gives a shit what you think.

YOU don’t understand anything about how an actual anime works.

• psgels psgels says:

Whoa whoa whoa there. This was a very personal post, I understand that. I completely understand it if you disagree with me and all.

But putting the other party down with insults and pulling the “nobody cares about your opinion”-card? Come on, I expected better of you, Spike.

• nodbgp says:

Fuck you are way more stupid than I thought. That’s why a planning phase exists, hell that’s why mostly anime are adaptations. “We don’t have time” is no excuse for bad writing or bad anything.

And whatever people from the other side of the world are going to buy their product or not shouldn’t matter at all, the whole idea of making anime (or any other form of media) these days is making it good or interesting so people buy it, whoever and whatever in the world they are.

As for the 36 hours bullshit, did you read it in a interview or you came up with it by yourself. Anime make in such environments are usually Jump stuff who goes on for 100’s of episodes and even those are animated weeks in advance.

Writing is not something you do on a routine, if you need time to do research you’re going to go at a faster pace through the already defined plot so you have the time. So as far as writers go, if they need time to do a great job, they can make time.

Besides if time was such a problem, every single anime ever would have been a big piece of crappy from a writing standpoint, which obviously is not the case. So instead of making up shit use your brain.

So yeah you`re the one that doesn`t understand shit and whose mind can only think in 1+1 terms.

But seeing as usually you start your posts swinging shit I`ll just assume you`re a angry 12 year old and stop wasting my breath.

• Spike says:

Sorry Psgels
            But people posting are showing a complete lack of understanding of the medium. A show like this simply does not care about anyone outside of Japan or anyone outside of it’s demographic which skews younger. An early evening show with a broader demographic is more likely to invest in research and accuracy. Here it doesn’t matter if they fight in Alaska and there’s a sandy desert, it’s unimportant to the intended viewer and the writers.

So my post may have come off as too harsh, the correct phrasing is *the writers and intended audience do not care about you opinion* which is 100% true. I know alot of you have been watching anime a while so you must know some of this stuff by now.

• Soulofmen says:

No one gives a shit about you and your country.

• Aegd says:

In what part of my post did I ever say I even enjoy the show? It’s one of the worst noitamina shows since Guilty Crown.

The Netherlands being portrayed “like some other European country” is a minor problem. The show has MUCH bigger problems than some houses and streets looking like some German town or whatever.

What about how they derailed the entire story in episode 4, just because they wanted to tell some story about a doctor who built a robot to save his kid, and how he just happened to have found the map they needed in a broken statuette? How about how they threw in two stupid pirate side-kicks, just so they could get one of the main girls hurt to fit the contrived story?

What about the stupid generic characters, what about the stupid generic villains?

• Mikey says:

Just because a work is fiction doesn’t give an excuse for lazy and stupid writing. It took me like less than thirty minutes to properly research the place using google. It isn’t that hard. Stop making ludicrous excuses.

9. Nyangoro says:

While I certainly wouldn’t call Galilei Donna a great show (or even necessarily all that good of one, outside of a pretty decent sense of adventure), I really don’t think whether or not it’s an accurate portrayal of the Netherlands to be all that big a deal. Maybe something to call it out for, but not something to base one’s entire opinion of the show on.

10. Emma-hime says:

Oh don’t get me wrong. Donna’s direction is remarkably spastic from what little I watched no doubts about it there.

11. Vincehwr says:

I don’t understand it’s creator’s freedom to whatever the hell he wants with his own. Let me say the writeup for this episode was hell of an overreaction if I’ve seen one.

12. Emma-hime says:

To those who are coming down on this post can I put the question to you. If it was your country how then would you feel if it was misrepresented whatever the setting?

• Nyangoro says:

Not a thing.

I would only ever be mad at something like that if it was relevant to the story at hand. I can easily classify this as creative license for the simple reason that it doesn’t matter to the story’s premise or goals.

For example, if Ikoku Meiro no Croisee misrepresented France to the same degree (and assuming I was aware of it), I would have a huge problem with that; because that series requires a certain authenticity of its setting to work properly.

• Mazz says:

This too. If it was a key part of the story, I’d be annoyed by that. But not because its my home country, just because something like that would likely get on my nerves.

• Emma-hime says:

Ah-HA! Now that reminds me. Satelitte actually does have a French Connection so that bonus points to them.

• Mazz says:

Frankly i wouldn’t care, I’m sure america has been misrepresented many times. I just find it funny the writers couldn’t spend an hour researching what the place actually looks like. It can’t be that hard.

• DmonHiro says:

I’m Romaninan. My country gets misrepresented all the time. Nobody cares. Jeez, talk about nitpicking…

• Mikey says:

Honestly, people saying “this is nitpicking” seems like a flimsy excuse, because you actually don’t have anything to argue with the contrary. Psgels is using evidence. Where is yours.

• mulligan says:

I think the issue isn’t so much as “misrepresentation” but using familiar visual clues that the average audience could immediately pick up. This isn’t new – it happens often with so many cultural stereotypes portrayed in anime – China, India, any part of Europe. It could be argued as a budget problem or even endemic ‘laziness’ or ‘carelessness’. IMHO it could be a combination.

That said, when producers do have the right budget, visionary director and creative manpower, they can really do a fabulous job – Katsuhiro Otomo’s “Steamboy” is a great example.

I think it is a waste of effort to expect historical accuracy in television series like this (even if it is in noitamina slot).

13. ninjarealist ninjarealist says:

Thanks for the fascinating post about architecture in the Netherlands. It’s cool to see that you have so much appreciation for your home land. I went to Amsterdam once but I don’t much about the Netherlands so it was interesting.

Also, you write very good English for a native dutch speaker.

• Huechi says:

Yep, it was an interesting read about the architecture.

And ha! psgels’ writing is better than that of many native english speakers.

14. Flawfinder says:

I don’t think anime has been going downhill so much as a combination of different trends and your taste changing over time. There’s a bunch of stuff I’ve seen in the past that I go back to these days and realize “yeah, that wasn’t very good”. And wasted potential isn’t exactly something new with noitamina, let alone anime in general.

I know Galilei disappointed, but I don’t think that’s an indication of any new downturn in anime. I’ve been burned in similar fashion with many anime in the past before it came. But that’s just me.

15. Mazz says:

@Spike This is to your comment about them only having a certain amount of time so they can’t research things like how a country looks.

I was looking at a few comments on Crunchyroll while marathoning Space Brothers, and was surprised when multiple people commented that he places the cast visited were actually real places (one episode, they visited a steakhouse I believe, and a few people confirmed its based on a popular on in houston or something). And it wasn’t that one time, it happens multiple times in Space brothers (trust me, I’ve read quite a few of those comments lol). If space brothers can do it, why can’t this show? Granted, this was a manga first and all, but it doesn’t change the fact that SOMEBODY went out of their way to look this stuff up, and I give props to shows that go the extra mile.

• Nyangoro says:

The extra effort is very appreciated, but I wouldn’t harp on a show like Galilei Donna too harshly for an inaccurate portrayal of a setting.

Let’s remember that Space Brothers is designed to be more grounded in reality than a prodigious girl who can create a goldfish-shaped vessel complete with holographic AI and a minigun.

• mezzoguitar says:

They don’t even have to go that far. Just looking up basic architecture and topography on the internet and getting an “idea” of what the Netherlands looks like would be preferable to dreaming up a fantasy European world from scratch.

• Spike says:

Comparing an anime based on a monthly manga to an original work written week by week is apples to oranges. The audiences of these 2 shows is apples to oranges. The settings’ importance is apples to ornages.

Texas space Center is an important part of the show so having Houston as realistic and accurate as possible is important. Gal Donna is your basic – go to a place, retrieve X, go to next place. The place is not important it is simply a device to move the plot along. I didn’t hear anyone crying about a misportrayed Italy the past few episodes… It’s simply Psgels getting worked up about something he’s familiar with and frankly – doesn’t matter.

• Mikey says:

Honestly, while you’re right about manga and original anime being completely different, that doesn’t mean we give Galilei Donna a free pass here. And it doesn’t matter if no one was complaining about Italy, two wrongs don’t make a right. The fact that it literally can take an hour of ones time to research and that clearly none was done is quite frankly unacceptable. It’s lazy and stupid and psgels has every right to complain about it. And it being fiction doesn’t give it a free pass either.

16. kero says:

learning lots about netherland :)

17. Emma-hime says:

Its hilarious..that this is the post that has me planning a holiday to Holland.

18. Cytl says:

This may be one of the best posts about the Netherlands and one of the worst episode reviews I’ve ever read.

19. Aline says:

what the fuck? i’m dutch and this is bullshit. As Aegd said, they fly around in a huge robotic goldfish, and you whine and moan about the netherlands being portrayed realistically? wasn’t expecting that.

20. Silverbeard says:

Probably the most hilarious psgels review I have read in the last few years.

21. sigh says:

So this is what autism is like, huh?

• Mikey says:

I never knew what a horrible excuse for a human was until you came along. Congratulations. You have now insulted everybody with autism.

• Shippoyasha says:

Not really. Getting obsessive about a singular topic can be a sign of autistic tendencies. It is what it is. It’s not meant to be an insult on that alone.

• Mikey says:

You honestly expect me to believe that sigh didn’t use that as an insult and was actually concerned that psgels might have autism? Right…

• Emma-hime says:

Speaking as someone who actually is autistic being compelled to do/say things and becoming driven on getting something done a specific way/in a certain time limit/before doing something else or latching onto things or ideas is a massive part of it. Can lead to a sense of feeling incomplete, unsatisfied, lack of worth, loss. In some cases when a fixation goes challenged or unmet it can lead to physical manifestations.
            Some autistics have difficulties with being touched, in social/relationship situations or being passionette/emotional about things. Generally will only get pissed off if they can’t satisfy something they feel they have no choice but to do.
            Hopefully that clears a bit up about autism.

• Emma-hime says:

Also another possible trait of the confusion part of autism is confusion about what your supposed to be as well
            =<

• Emma-hime says:

Additionally prudishness can be associated with Autism.
            I’m not really offended by the comment though. If someone makes an insult like that then surely they simply don’t count and why would an insult from a person who doesn’t count have any baring on me?

22. Isotopesam says:

I hated this show from day one.

• MisaoFan says:

I liked this anime, it’s not horrible but with the way it turns out now, my expectations gets betrayed as it continues on despite the fact I have hopes that the show have potential thanks to the unusual direction based on episode one alone.

23. notintheface11 says:

psgels whines about shows like this, wishing for something that can challenge him, and then poo-poos series like monogatari. Maybe you should quit letting your hipster-ism get in the way of your sensibilities and open up a bit more.

That said, I feel the same way about modern anime writing. So many series this season that had massive potential and then just kind of fell flat. I’ve been watching a lot of older stuff (and by older I mean pre-2009). I wouldn’t mind seeing you check out older shows that might have been missed or came out before you began blogging. I noticed you don’t have Suzumiya Haruhi in your blog history. Check it out! I’m sure I’m not the first one to suggest it to you.

• Firechick says:

He did write a review of it.

• notintheface11 says:

I see it now. I was searching for it by its Japanese name. That was painful to read. Like I said in my last post. Psgels doesn’t have anything to complain about if he’s going to turn up his nose at a series with good writing just because it’s well-loved. He even admits it in his review. Then you go around and praise series with awful writing and horribly flat characters like Birdy the Mighty and Noein. It makes no sense.

24. Nyangoro says:

Honestly, the biggest problem with Galilei Donna is character development, which feels a bit rushed for the girls and non-existent for the rest thanks to a cast that is way too large for it’s own good.

This show is 11 episodes long; and it’s already seen fit to have the three sisters, the Galileo nerd, the sisters’ parents who are operating separately, the underground criminal organization (or whatever vague sort of establishment it is), the front for the criminal organization, the pirates, and all the new characters they’ve been revealing for their weekly stories on top of that.

It’s way too cluttered.

25. Namaewoinai says:

I feel your pain about your review (and yet funny!) but i don’t truly mind about the inaccuracy about that country so much or what so ever…
    i just focusing on the plot…that’s all!

Sure this Show (or perhaps this episode only) has technical disappointments and difficulties. but i don’t think i despise it a lot more than any other show this season! JUST ASKING!

26. TheUltimateReaper says:

People are actually watching this?

27. Rachael says:

Wow, I didn’t realize there were so many inaccuracies. Personally I thought the episode itself was about average, but this makes me rethink it a little. Thanks for the review! ^__^

28. DaveE says:

I don’t know why you people hate Galilei Donna so much
    It’s actually the series i look forward the most this season
    It got that sense of adventure, neat character designs, with engaging battle(and cute AI) and a very neat soundtrack. It may not have the most groundbreaking ideas each week, but the story in a bigger scope has a great potential. Give it a rest, stop over analyzing, and try to enjoy the adventure guys. Geez

29. Sylpher says:

I absolutely loved your post! I do understand the complaints saying that the review content is inappropriate since you hardly cover the episode at all, but personally I agree with you: Screw this boring show and let’s talk about more interesting stuff like the Dutch streetscape the series addresses. Also, I don’t think the inaccurate portrayal of the Netherlands is the main reason of your dislike towards this show, but I have the feeling many people do.

Now the reason why I like your post is that I’ve never stood still thinking about the consequences of the Dutch polder model on the architecture of buildings. I realized that most terraced houses here are indeed small and long, you’re right about the gothic churches with small windows and the infrastructure is indeed build for pedestrian and cyclists safety. But to my knowledge most buildings in the Netherlands have a concrete foundation, only the area under sea level in the west use supporting pillars (“heien”).

Anyway, great post and maybe next time you can promote our open and tolerant culture towards controversial humanistic issues (well, at least compared to other countries).

30. Hogart says:

Pretty hilarious reading the comments on this one. Thanks psgels, this was all far more amusing and entertaining than the episode itself. The people taking this post of yours too seriously need to check themselves for a sense of humor. It’s nice to have someone call anime out on their BS once in a while. Plus it’s tacky to say “that’s just how it is with anime writing”, much moreso than focusing on the exceptionally poor presentation of the Netherlands here. The writers chose to put themselves in this position, and if there wasn’t anything else psgels noticed about the episode then you should probably get the hint that the episode wasn’t noteworthy beyond it’s bad understanding of other cultures.

31. Alec says:

It’s alright it won’t matter the next episode, because the goldfish wont be in Netherlands anymore.

It’s just one episode

32. Razors says:

I think Hogart’s comment sums all this quite well haha. By the way, a bit out of topic but psgels, i noticed that you have not reviewed a lot of episodes recently, or should I assume that your last paragraph answers this question.

33. ebisu says:

Really funny post :D

Everything is set in an alternate reality so you shouldn’t think to much about anything resembling Netherlands. It’s a world where they only use that methan-something as energy source and there are flying fishes. The episode was bad enough with that ending and those absurd pirate-terrorists.

As they like to write “This work is fiction, any resemblance with… bla bla”.
    This also happens to people in other countries with other supposed decent shows too often (anime, films, all kind) ¬¬. The problem is not just inside anime and its writers, I can assure you.
    (Plenty of foreign storywriters have made a terrible job with Spain, I don’t want to start with the list)

• Kiraly says:

Hollywood routinely misrepresents Washington DC, for cripe’s sake (did you know there are no skyscrapers there? At all?). It’s not limited to foreign countries, and sure as hell not to Japan.

34. Ashura01 says:

Well, I got the feeling that this show will be a bad noitama show when i saw the promo picture and the premise. No matter how I look at, it had the “The Next Guilty Crown” vibe from it. It’s really weird and i can’t get pass that. I just feel the whole premise even the art reminds me of Guilty Crown.

35. Emma-hime says:

Just would like to specify so I’m not entertaining hypocrisy if it was my country it would also bother me, in addition to that now that I know this happens in other things like movies in places like America I can also see how that would bother me/someone.

36. Kokoko says:

A mad Dutchman :D

37. kero says:

I just watched this, and I have to say, as someone who doesn’t know much about Netherlands, the inaccuracies didn’t bother me one bit. So I think that if that was ruled out, the episode was probably just your average episode of an anime that is probably average.

I liked that they didn’t save the kids at the end, but to be honest I’m overall left with a ‘meh’ feeling about it all.

38. Shippoyasha says:

We get it. You hate moe, you are itching to call anime creators idiots and like some old crank, can’t get over the fact this show obviously takes artistic liberties with Netherlands.

I thought it was a fine and entertaining episode.

If you have to rage that hard on nonconsequential liberties with setting, I sugest you drop it.

39. Pabby says:

Oh my! I always appreciate your opinions on the series I don’t watch but follow reviews of. Attention to detail (or lack of!) can really tip the scale of worthwhile-ness.
    I have to agree, there have been less and less shows that I’ve been interested in writing wise these past seasons!

40. Tim says:

Your review for this episode reminds me of ZabuAbumi’s sarcasm about episode 4 with the depiction of Germany. ^_^

41. Suburbanbanshee says:

I feel for you. Every time that Dayton, Ohio is portrayed on screen, be it in American live action drama or comedy, or in anime, said portrayal is pathetic and unrealistic, and the architecture is usually as far off as the landscape.

Of course, the best one is how the Wright Brothers are always testing their planes by running off cliffs in the gigantic mountains of Ohio and Indiana, when they actually did all their local flight practice in nice flat pasture areas. The fact that the Wrights actively avoided jumping off cliffs was one of the many instances of their superior engineering, piloting, and survival savvy.

• Suburbanbanshee says:

And yes, there are no gigantic mountains in Ohio. Some fair sized hills, cliffs, and gorges, but nothing close to mountains.

42. Shin325 says:

The writer of this article, though i assume he is Dutch as well, has a very poor understanding of the culture this country harbors. Dat wou ik even gezegd hebben.

43. Math162 says:

It’s funny that you whine so much about the inaccuracies about the Netherlands but doesn’t mind reviewing a show like Michiko to Hatchin, which is a very good show, but portray an image of Brazil that is nothing like the reality.

• gedata says:

That’s probably because he knows a lot more about his ho,e country then some random one that (I assume) he knows little about.

44. KatsumiTsunade says:

I have been reading ur blog forever now and never knew u were in the Netherlands…I also live here and saw the ep AND agree with u totally. I was laughing with my friends about it…anyway, keep doing what ur doing :)

45. Aris Boch says:

Goddamn inch pincher, who gives a fuck about some miniscule inaccuracies when watching portraying a fictional town in the future in a series with flying mechas, space colonization and some shit Galileo pulled out of his toches people several hundred years later give enough shit about to go and shoot each other up!? No-one, including about 99,99% of the Dutch viewers, I bet. Hell, about every animé ass-raping any language except Japanese with a piledriver and no lubricants is way much worse (no idea, why the fuck can’t they get some native speakers on the team, the isolation of Japan ended a few centuries ago!) than that!! The “Please, please, please get a life” Foundation was notified.
    P.S.: And this guy, who used “autism” as an insult can stick a grenade up his ass and mail the security pin to the show’s producers in Japan, cause he’s an asshole.

Customize
afgm
@AidanAK47 did you change my site status? K-off did that on purpose to help out lol
@Aidan: you have 91 days's episode as 9 instead of 7
Bloody hell, even the spambots are referencing Pokemon Go now.
For future reference, let's direct admin dialogue to email, apart from direct feedback.
@Mario We're working on allowing users to set up accounts.
And the constant anonymous names just keep bugging me. Can we make it back to the old shoutbox, where you have to put down your name in order to write message?
I think it's one thing leads to another. he's getting too burnout that he doesn't know what to write anymore.
@Anon36049, pretty much what he said. Though it seems to be a combination of anime burnout and writers block.
He suffered from anime burnout and is getting on with real life.
Hi guys I havent been around for a long time. Does anyone know what happened to psgels? I see that the new posts are not his.
Disgaea 2 coming to steam. Sweet.
Gotta finish Disgaea 1 and hope they don't screw up the port on release day again.
Illuminati are everywhere, regardless of wherther it's anime or not. Sword Art Online was the work of the illuminati. All in the name of the gaint magic eyeball triange god do they rule the landscape of entertainment medium.
Also Magic Eyeball-kun also argees that Rem is best girl. And none shall dare denounce that claim.
@Anony35181: never thought they're that much interested in anime thou
@supermario, illuminati confirmed
Is it just me or couple of messages from the shoutbox just gone missing?
Haven't been watching it myself, but apparently in Taboo Tattoo, that large-chested high school girl died while running *onto a live battlefield* to check on her boyfriend with a shirt that said "flag". 10/10
@afgm Sent you a message.
@Friend Looks good, I'd be interested in seeing multiple witches as well.
Chemotherapy is a cause of cancer rather than a cure.
If you know someone dying of cancer, immediately inform them that allopathic medicine will kill them and turn them to natural remedies which often work.
"Medicine and science are powerfully institutionalized, but no institution or profession has existed for the purpose of encouraging people to act reasonably." - Ray Peat
afgm
afgm
@Friend: yeah it's a problem
@Koff: I emailed you a while back. did you get it?
Fri3nd
Huh, I can't use my username.
@Bam You're right, I'll work on it.
Bam
@K-off: It's moments like these that really remind you of mortality. People pull thru tho. medical science has come far in that field; but definitely not far enough.
Bam
@Friend: It's looks pretty good. I like Mario's suggestion of a series of witches, but a solitary one is more in-tune with the current banner. I would say however that there is too much dark in the negative space to the right. Could be just me tho.
Bam
@Kaiser: a series of consecutive 'yes'. I was really into Laloux, but FP is the one I liked the most. I've been watching Mr. Robot since season 1, and it's well worth your time. Not really all that cyberpunkish tho; mostly just cyber. And anybody who hasn't read Gibson's masterpiece is a fool of a Took.
@Bam: Have you been looking into that Mr Robot series? I heard its meant to be some kind of cyber thriller, it could be our thing. Also have you read Neuromancer?
And I suppose that brings me to that stranger things show then, I love horror so I guess that caught my eye, but apparently its a family/kids thing =< don't know whether to bother.
I still say it takes me that extra bit of convincing to watch a childrens animated film.
@Friend: The banner is in good hands I see.
Well Coraline wasn't written by Laika. It was written by Neil Gaiman. Laika just adapted it. Still I would like to check out Kubo to see what all the hype is about.
@anony29442: I will watch Kubo this coming week so I will comment on the movie then. But I'm not that surprise if Kubo has a weak writing. Laika never really great at story development: I mean Coraline is exellent, ParaNorman is just okay and Boxstrolls writing is just so underdeveloped and full of plotholes
@friend: wow. It looks awesome. But why only one witch? ^^
Friend
Hey everyone! Just an update on our new banner, here's my WIP up to now: [link src="https://i.imgur.com/0QSv6IK.png
I'm"] trying a witch as a tribute to one of psgel's favorite anime maho shojotai. Feedback is welcome, I have a lot left to do. A 5:1 aspect ratio is the weirdest dimension I've ever painted in
I just saw Kubo and the 2 strings and im really shocked at all the praise its receiving. People calling it an instant masterpiece on looks alone but not enough are talking about how underdeveloped the characters and story were. It felt as if they made the whole thing up as they went along to the point where I couldnt suspend my disbelief any longer and got irritated.
qualidea code's characters havent become better in terms of how they are written; only that they have been fleshed out in the most generic and trivial of ways as to sympathize with them; and sure, they have become some what likeable in the same way you'd like a person who you heard nothing but kind things about but that does not save the characters from being boring. QC is still a bad show
@Anon27511, even if the animation was kept consistent the story still can't really escape the done to death aspect of it's story. I agree that the writing has gotten better but despite that the show just feels...meh.
Fucking Qualidea Code, as the story and characters become more interesting, the animation and drawing proportionately decreases. Sad they simply do not have the budget to pull off what seems like a potentially very good story
@Mike I'm sure you already heard but for some reason I didn't keep up to date. I thought it was strange that releases stopped in March after chapter 68,.
Just learned that the writer of my favorite webtoon is battling terminal cancer, but despite it she hopes to finish it someday. God damn I would've never expected this.
@Mario: Once spilled hot microwaved food over my hand by mistake, hurt for a day.
*remaining
@Bam: The story and ideas however were better in gandahar I felt. Time masters while good was a bit stop and start in its pace and animation.
I’m definitely interested in Laloux’s other, short animations and Mobius’ comic book work.
@Bam: I watched Rene Laloux's remain animated films, Gandahar and time masters, I enjoyed both but not as much as Fantastic planet. I remember we talked about fantastic planet two years ago. Did you see the other two I mentioned. I liked the big moments and the ending to time masters, especially those angel things.
Ok. I beat Federation Force. I think the main positive is that the levels were playable despite the lack of voice chat. The bosses took a lot of damage and the beginning and end are relevant to the Prime continuity.
@K-Off: I did it once just like you did, and once when I put a metal bowl into a microwave. So yeah, boys will always be boys.
Bam
I tried my best not to half-ass either of them tho. Any oddity you guys see just write it off as mental exhaustion.
Bam
Okay, I'm officially beat. These two reviews should be considered companion pieces, as some material from one flew into the other. Thank god that episode 08 was not a heavy one, or I'd be completely depleted.
Shit, I'm a damn idiot at baking, slightly burnt my hand a minute ago grabbing a hot tray with a wet towl. Why do I even try.
@afgm Alright, send me a message at fightthepowwa@gmail.com and we'll work it out.
*cinematography
Bam
@K-off: I second that, as although the Poirot series has very well-done choreography, casting and music, there is still a little more of that unquantifiable magic sprinkled on the Granada series. But keep watching and I'll guarantee that Suchet will become the quintessential Poirot in your mind as well.
I said that while I liked the performance and the direction, I didn't think that it did for Poirot what Granada did for Holmes.
@Bam Yeah it is, and generally when I camp I like to stay for 1-2 weeks, places like Niagara or Yellowstone I can pretty much see everything I want to see in a few days so I don't find much value going to those places. The Adirons on the other hand is diverse as hell.
Bam
@K-off: I'm not sure if you mentioned it while I was gone: but did you get to watch any of the Poirot series with David Suchet? And if so, what are your thoughts?
Bam
I generally go to either the Muir Woods north of SF, or the forests around Big Sur. It doesn't take much to please me really.
Bam
@K-ff: is that by Lake Champlain? Cuz I've been there once and loved it.
Bam
@K-off: I thought of a combined post, but my OCD wouldn't allow a skip in the episodic order of the reviews.
Usually when you go camping in Yellowstone or Yosemite the tourist industry kills those places, like I'd be on a rowboat and see cars, cabins, and people from a long ways offshore. The Adirondacks are nice because their building codes mandate construction to be hidden behind trees.
@Bam My favorite camping spot is the Adirondacks in upstate NY, I went there probably 4-7 times and never get tired of the place. No, I don't have any posts for now, but for future reference consider combining episodic reviews when you get behind. I.E. Episode 6-8 Review
Bam
Also there's a reader in the comment section of Berserk 07 who wants to know if we have a notification system. I vaguely remember a widget that links the site to a FaceBook page. If anybody knows how that works, or if it's still functional, please shed some light on the matter for him/her. Thx.
Bam
@Aidan @K-off @Mario either one of y'all has any post near completion? I'm almost done with Berserk 08 and as previously mentioned, really prefer not to put two reviews up back to back. I think the length of them is already a hassle for some to get thru, let alone two right after eachother. I think it hurts the viewership, but if nothing's on hand then I'll guess I'll just finish up and post mine.
Bam
@Kaiser: I was actually camping near a mountain, but aren't all mountains somewhat holy? That could be my bias tho, since I was raised on the Alborz mountain range, and for me there is something therapeutic about the mountain air.
Yes! Looks like the shoutbox is fixed and not deleting posts after 24 hours anymore!
lol Or you could live in the shitty suburb where I do and spend your time just waiting for when your internet connection randomly cuts out twice a month or as it has the past few days two-three times a day.
Basically bam went up the Holy mountain .
@Mario: ....guy I know who loves war films and I've ended up inadvertedly/un-intentionally gotten him to buy some fucked up Polish horror film that just happens to be set in WW2. lol he's going to be pretty freaked out when he watches it.
Bam
Everything been cool here? Hehe ... looks like I conveniently missed all the hard parts.
Bam
@Mario: thx m8. I wish I could just make it down to Rio on a whim, but then again, I took a much-needed vacation, so I ain't complaining.
Welcome back Bam, I was already convinced that you went to Rio for screwing around. Lol
Bam
Also I apologize for the absence. I was gone somewhere without reliable internet access, and looking back I should've gave a notification.
Either way, I'm back now, and will be jumping on getting those Berserk reviews out as soon as possible.
Bam
Man looky here with the renovations; I like it.
@Vyse: wow. So how was the sites then back from 2005?
@Kaiser: and what is that sh!te you're talking about?
VyseLegendaire
<— fixed
VyseLegendaire
<— me
VyseLegendaire
Ive been a reader since 2005
Haha, this'll be fun lol
.....that feeling when you keep going on about a show or film but fail to give all the details...and someone goes out and buys it not knowing the full extent of the mad shit their in for...s--t lol
any reader from 2005 here....
@Mario: This guy seems interesting: https://letterboxd.com/director/tsai-ming-liang/
@Mario: Hmm, not familiar with him.
I really really loved in the mood for love, alot, it emotionally effected me. I even watched it three times.
@Mario: I couldn't seem to enjoy any of Zimou yangs films apart from Hero, which had some pretty creative fight scenes. I've seen the story of Ricky and some of John-woos films but they were more just silly entertaining exploitation films.
Don't know if you know the Vietnamese-French Tran Anh Hung. His works are stunning too. If you want to check out East-Asian cinema don't forget to check him out.
@Kaiser: Yeah, but Park Chan Wood changed the ending, so the author insisted that the Handmaiden is more "inspired" than "based". The third chapter is the weakest part for me
@Mario: Of interest, The handmaiden was based on some British book/tv show.
I need to completely re-evaluate/get into more Chinese cinema.
Doesn't look like I've seen anything by Hong-sang-so.
My favourite Korean actor is song-kang-ho.
Theres an anime convention over here in Dublin in three months. Although I haven't been to one in years.
I'm heading to anime convention today. Normally I don't really care about those conventions but I figure I'd come this year to see the taste of it. The only hassle is it's 3-hour drive, which gonna be a pain when I drive back after a long day being there.
Bong Joon-ho, on the other hand,is incredible at writing. His scripts are often layered, sharp and best of all fuses many tones/ genres into one coherent whole. The best thing about this Korean New Wave directors is they all have very distinctive voices. But my favorite director isn't the ones that you list. That would be Hong Sang Soo. I just love his simplicity style so much.
@Kaiser: Park Chan Wood is a master of visual. Whenever I come to his movies I expected to be blown-away by his visual. He can write compelling characters (he loves his characters) as well but his screenplays in general are weak. You can watch his lesser effort "I'm a Cyborg, but That's Okay" and see many things that made him good/bad. That's the movie I feel he made without the care of the critic
afgm
afgm
@koff: Yeah I can help. But midterms/finals are coming up so I can't dedicate to much time.
I always felt Bong-jong and Chang-dong , kim-di-duk and Kim-jee-woon were better than Park-chan-wook. Oldboy did have that one hell of an ending, so did lady vengeance but I feel that those are the bits people tend to remember and the rest was good but not great.
For anyone that doesn't regularly browse /r/anime, Godzilla is apparently getting an anime adaption by Polygon Pictures with Urobuchi involved. Should be good.
Well, I climbed to rank 52 in Overwatch with Tracer alone. Looking forward to season 2 already, but I do wish Blizzard had somehow implemented a single-player storyline since the lore in Blizzard titles is always so vast. Kind of surprised they didn't make one with Overwatch.
@Kaiser Watch Train to Busan if you can. Me neither, I can't dig too deep into Korean films due to the language barrier. Sure would be convenient to have Vincent recommending films again.
@afgm Hey, are you still interested in helping out with the site? At this point I'm looking over the site's code & doing some rewriting - if you think you can help, let me know.
@Mario I hadn't watched Old Boy for 6 years when I got to I Saw the Devil and it was out of mind for me, so you may be right.
@K-Off: maybe it was just me but I was underwhelmed by I Saw the Devil. The point it trying to match was similar to OldBoy, and Oldboy's execution was way better (OldBoy's one of my favorite movie). Yes, the soundtracks of OldBoy, Lady Vengeance are exceptional. I still listen to The Last Waltz after all those years...
The soundtrack in a lot of these Korean films are top notch as well, Lady Vengeance and I Saw the Devil in particular.
@Mario Speaking of which, Korean psychological thrillers are hands down some of the best in the last 10-20 years. I Saw the Devil, Lady Vengeance, Old Boy, list goes on.
@Aidan: It just comes to me that we're already half way of this season... Time sure flies
@Kaiser: so please finish up Inside Mari. The last chapter had been out. I need someone to talk about that goddamn manga anw
@Kaiser: I always consider the Korean New Wave started back in 2000, and really peaked in 2003 (OldBoy, Memories of Murders, Spring Summer..., A Tale of 2 Sisters). Before 2000? The only director I can think of was Im Kwon-Taek
About nearly finished Fata Morgana but I might have to finish doom first because that thing is eating a huge chunk of my SSD drive.
Back up to date...at least for now. I have to go to a wedding so It's likely I will fall behind again. Got to admit that I haven't had much of an opinion on the latest episodes. Might be just mentally drained personally.
@K-off: I totally agree with you. 28 Days Later is a gem. Though I'm not really into zombie genre as a whole, I'm more into psychological stuffs more.
@Mario: Reminding me I need to catch up on boku mari no naka.
Although the trailer for train to busan does catch my interest.
I've gotten more than enough out of Korean films, I can enjoy them but I probably don't sing the same high praises for them as most bar some exceptions.
Seeing Lee-chang-dongs stuff I'm actually kind of interested in finding some more low key korean films.
Very likely a view shared by my indie loving friend and I, but Battery and Wyrmwood were jokey takes on the zombie genre I thought were enjoyable.
@Mario: Likely my preference for British comedy that makes me laugh more at Shaun of the dead more. Although Hot fuzz is the better Simon Pegg film in my opinion.
In terms of Korean films, I've been wondering, what are the pre-90s ones like. Lee-chang-dong started the Korean new wave in 1997.
I'm still waiting for a good horror-zombie film, nothing has met my expectations after 28 Days Later (and techinically REC), which admittedly is a high bar.
@Mario I am watching Seoul Station next week, that was just me recapping TtB after I watched it a few days ago. It's definitely more of a thriller, it has good "wtf" moments but nothing I'd call horror.
@K-Off: I thought you were going to watch Seoul Station? So I gather that Train of Busan is more thriller than horror? Just thinking of Zombieland already puts a smile on my face. That one and Shaun of the Dead are so goddamn hilarious.
@Aidan: I will review them in the future. atm I'm in watching/ reading mode so I'll push back all the world movie/ full show reviews for a while
@Mario My impression of Train to Busan was that although it wasn't anything ground breaking, it had a great cast of characters and an entertaining gimmick that managed to stay exhilarating. I haven't seen a zombie film this well structured since Zombieland, even though they're completely opposite in tone.
They are all yours if you want to do them.
Reading Inside Mary makes me want to watch Flowers of Evil again. If I remember correctly psgels never actually had a full review on this one, and Ping Pong.
@Vyse, Width wise it's exactly the same as the old chat box. Though it's possible the old one had smaller font.
VyseLegendaire
This chat box is too narrow I think, only see a couple messages.
@Anon18138, Yeah but I don't see that writer making something that truly represents the games. There may be a possibility of it being a good movie but that movie won't be Pokemon.
@AidanAK47 It'll have the writer of Gravity Falls. Though I don't have a high standard in regards to the 3D mascot and live-action style of movies.
They originally planned to male a live-action remake of Seoul Station, as the producer saw a footage of the animation and really loved it; but Yeon Sang-Ho (the director) insisted that if he was about to make a live-action film, he's go for a sequel instead. Hence Train of Busan.
@K-off: I missed my chance to watch Train to Busan but I heard nothing but rave from it. People who watched it really loved it. Damn, you make me jealous man, since I want to watch Seoul Station and review it here. Come watch it and tell me what you think; my bet is you'll enjoy it.
@Mario Have you watched Train to Busan? I'm planning to watch its animated prequel Seoul Station next week. Animation looks shabby as hell but I can always expect a good story from the koreans.
So the live action Pokemon movie will feature detective pikachu. Clearly a necessary inclusion.
I'm reading Inside Mary now and it's quite a gem despite its ridiculous premise. There's a lot of raw emotions. I love raw emotions. As expected from the same guy who wrote Flowers of Evil.
Yep, when she sends the images let me know. It may have been a while ago but I am a qualified graphic designer so even I can lend a hand to the banner design.
Ugh...a new version of wordpress is ready to be updated to. I have a bad feeling updating to the latest version could potentially break things.
Alright, I've got Friend onbaord with a commission for our new banner. She says she'll send us sketches so we can decide if it's something we want.
Considering how much trouble this plugin has given us, i am not up for adding another one. Only thing the subscriber account thing needs is me to tick and box and get rid of that password promt.
@Aidan You can set that up if you'd like, though another idea would be to set up buddypress and link it to there. But it's yet again another plugin.

91 Days – 09

Avilio’s machinations are truly coming to fruition and his plan is looking more Monte cristo-eqe as it unfolds. Fango has a new hairstyle and is itching to take down the Vanettis and the Galassias but I must admit that for someone as psychotic as him it’s strange how he allows his girlfriend to steal his […]

orange 08c

orange – 08

This week, Naho and Suwa face a dilemma of whether or not they should follow what written in the letters. The relay is coming and Kakeru is appointed to be an anchor. They have been followed the letters very closely, but the original reality becomes too different from this reality that the content is not […]

Thunderbolt Fantasy 07c

Thunderbolt Fantasy – 07

This week our band heads up to the evil mountain and needless to say they possess absolutely no teamwork spirit whatsoever. It’s as you would expect from a group of seven egocentric members. Our main character Shang Bu Shuan repeatedly gets teased by their comrades, as he finds himself fighting the enemies alone without the […]

Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - 21 4

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World – 21

I didn’t think I would be saying this again but here it is, if this was the end of the series then I would consider it a satisfying ending. Sure there would be loose ends left hanging but the level of conclusion to this particular dilemma would leave me content with the series. But this […]

Berserk(2016) - 08 [Reunion in the Den of Evil]

Berserk(2016) – 08 [Reunion in the Den of Evil]

Episode 8 starts with a cold opening that retreads the fateful rendezvous of Guts and Casca. I actually thought that this was a good move, as this is a very big moment in the overall story of the last few arcs. After the Golden Age section we get very few deep character moments, and a […]

Berserk(2016) - 07 [The Black Witch]

Berserk(2016) – 07 [The Black Witch]

I apologize for this very late review, but due to circumstances I didn’t have the means of watching the episode, and hence the week-long delay. I’ll try to at least leave a notification in case of such issues in the future, but otherwise will try to keep the posts steady. So let’s get right to […]

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILLYA 3rei!! - 07 2

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei – 07

Oh the sweet sweet irony. Well I believe this qualifies for dramatic irony. You know what, I don’t care if it’s technically irony or not. I am calling it ironic. Though why is it ironic? Well the reason for that is that in this episode Illya had her soul transferred to a doll which exactly […]

Mob Psycho 100 - 06 3

Mob Psycho 100 – 06

It a beginning of a dark path for Ritsu as his own inadequacies are pushing him in a direction that won’t end well for him. Part of the problem is the student council president whom is called Shinji. He happens to remind me of another Shinji in another series who had an equally punchable face […]

91 Days - 06 4

91 Days – 06

I would say this is the strongest episode so far of 91 Days as it essentially revolves around what makes Mafia drama at it’s best. Betrayals, scheming and deceit are what fuels organised crime and what a scheme this was. When looking at the three family leaders I suppose it’s no surprise that Orco is […]

s8gAnPY

Red Turtle a

The Red Turtle Review – 93.5/100

Flying witch 09d

Flying witch Review – 86/100

Bungou Stray Dogs 12a

Bungou Stray Dogs Review – 62/100

Well, we don’t usually give a review on the first cour of anime show, given the fact that the second part will air next autumn season. But since I’m not certain I would cover its second half, plus I don’t think this series will improve itself, I might as well give Bungou Stray Dogs a […]

Kiznaiver - 12 1

Kiznaiver Review – 60/100

Kiznaiver is a very different faire from Studio Triggers other works in that it takes a more serious tone and has a writer who tends to go more for the melodramatic. This is a tale about a group of very different people gathered together and have their pain linked to one another. In an effort […]