Holy crap, they actually did it. They actually finished this off perfectly! I was really afraid of this episode: I have seen so many wonderful series skimp out on the ending. And yet, with this episode, the creators managed to avoid every single pitfall that hits so many different series, leaving behind a wonderful ending.
– Focusing too much on flashy action? Nope, there was enough substance.
– Leaving behind an ending that’s too open? Nope, everything was answered adequately unless you really start nit-picking.
– Pulling silly Deus ex Machina to get out of the corners the writers got themselves into? Nope, everything just makes sense in the deliberately vague rules that this show created for itself.
– Just closing off with a straightforward and boring ending? Oh hell no, this episode pulled many surprises.
– Forgetting to push forward the characters even more? That too was averted, because so many characters got even more depth than what they already had.
– Running out of budget? This episode looked just gorgeous. After ten episodes I still could not see any cut corners.
– Being too fast? Nope, everything fit perfectly and it was still able to do everything, and things didn’t feel crammed.
– Being formulaic and predictable? Absolutely not. This really was the ending to Kyousogiga, not copied from another series or story.
I mean, this ending really was amazing. They did everything right here. I know I have been very quiet. Part of the problem is a change in my personal life, but another part is that I have felt really disappointed with the past Fall Season. It looked so promising, and yet nearly every series turned so generic or rushed, and nearly always it had to do with lazy writing. The one exception was Kyousogiga. Everything else this season just paled in comparison. Thank you Toei, for greenlighting this and making this possible.