Posted by Lenlo on 4 December 2017 with categories: Currently Watching:, Inuyashiki

Hello and welcome to another week of Inuyashiki. We are approaching the end, with only 3 episodes left. The end-game has been revealed, Hiro returns to his roots and Inuyashiki gets found out by someone close to him. Lets jump in!

To start off, Inuyashiki tipped its hand this week as to the ultimate ending. A news report mentioned a 50 km wide meteor hurtling towards the planet. This is something far beyond any human technology to stop, but luckily we have two alien cyborgs to save the day. The only real question is which of the two is going to inevitably sacrifice themselves to stop it. On one hand we have Inuyashiki, the old man dedicated to helping people. Its completely in his character to save people, yet he has much more to lose than Hiro. On the other hand, Hiro sacrificing himself would complete the “redemption” arc/theme Inuyashiki seems to be going for. I am not sure which I would prefer, or how both of them sacrificing themselves would fit in. Regardless, the general ending is now obvious, we need only wait and see how it’s done.

Now we couldn’t talk about this episode without mentioning Hiro. Unlike the last two episodes, this one splits its time between both of our leads, yet our time with Hiro is the most eventful. Picking up from last episode, we catch Hiro in the middle of a police raid. Somehow, after supposedly being shot numerous times, both Shiro and the Grandmother are alive. It can be assumed that Hiro healed them, but I feel it could have been portrayed better. Back to the police raid, I am disappointed in the police. At this point they have seen Hiro survive bullets, fly away and shoot without a gun. They should have innovated or tried something different. The idea of a night police raid, shoot first ask questions later was good, but when will they acknowledge that Hiro just isn’t human?

In response to their night raid, Hiro also decides to go on the offensive. All in all, this was a pretty good sequence. We get sociopathic Hiro back, well done action and the promise of more to come. In particular I loved how Hiro flew around when hit by high powered rifles. Flying to the side, sliding on the ground as shot by a hail of bullets. Hiro also running around with his finger guns, as his clothes ripped to pieces. It was all very good. We also get a hint that their bodies, or at least that super weapon Hiro used, runs on water. Inuyashiki drank a large amount in the first episode and Hiro is unconscious here until he drinks some rain water. Its nice to see a limitation on them and I am curious how it will be used in the future, since its being hinted at.

For Inuyashiki, he had a far less eventful but still important episode. We see him continue to practice with his abilities, learning to control cars, and his continued healing antics.  Most of all though, we see his Daughter, Mari, discover him. Its nice to see more of Inuyashiki’s family, to see them finally do something. She even smack talks Eiichiro Oda’s son, yes that who that was. Whats interesting in this though is that Mari thinks that Inuyashiki is actually responsible for Hiro’s twitter act, and will no doubt spread it. Its sad to think that even the small good Hiro tried to do will be credited to someone else. Yet it’s nice to know that Inuyashiki’s acts of good will get out there. Hopefully with this and Hiro going full villain, Inuyashiki will step up and go full hero.

All in all, it was a better episode than the last. The animation was good in some places, lackluster in other. The environments stood out for a city-scape and the plot advanced. I am disappointed that the story is using a meteor as its final act rather than a physical battle of wills between our two leads, but with the sympathy angle used on Hiro I suspected he would end a martyr. The only thing left to do is see how and how quickly Inuyashiki folds this out. With only 3 episodes left, there is only so much they can cover. It worries me.

Regardless, I will see you next time for the beginning of the end of Inuyashiki!

1. Vonter says:

I think this episode used better a comedic gag than the Magus Bride. When Mari was trying to get why his dad was with one of his classmates. And I think that joke worked mainly because she keep it to herself.

The police station assault reminds me of the first Terminator movie. Which makes me think this series could technically work as a live action movie. I mean aside from the flying bits we’ve seen these type of things on live action movies using practical effects.

Lastly I would have liked if the anime could have been able to freeze certain frames of the manga, since I think some compositions looked really cool and it being more of a moment in the anime feels a bit disappointing. Despite the ugliness of the Berserk anime I did like when it dramatized some scenes of the manga.

• Lenlo says:

Yes, the imaginary scenes of Ando and Inuyashiki were amusing without breaking the scene.

I also recommend you don’t get me started on Berserk. I hate the fact that the anime exists with every fiber of my being.

2. MarigoldRan says:

I noticed that your blog post is different from the blog post written by other bloggers. You do not use the same words.

Consequently, how do you know that you’re blogging about the same show as they are?

• Lenlo says:

I have a complex about liking bigger words than I probably need. Also, some of the others are not natural english speakers. I am.

• MarigoldRan says:

Oooo. Social attack. Your brain just made up some shi- in response to the belief that a stranger is attacking you. You respond as such because you thought such tactics worked in the past.

Interesting. By the way, you’re using a double standard. The words I’m using here are no more complex than the ones you usually use. I’m just combining it in different ways.

• Lenlo says:

Im not… attacking anyone? It was meant as self depreciating humor and a jest at my colleagues expense?

• MarigoldRan says:

Go to Rotten Tomatoes and read a movie review on The Matrix or whatever other movie you like. Then read a second review of that movie. Then read a third review of the “same” movie. Etc. etc.

What might you notice about all the reviews? None of the reviews are exactly the same. So, then, why do we assume each reviewer saw the “same” movie but “interpreted” the movie differently? Given the evidence, can’t I just go ahead and say each person saw a different movie?

• MarigoldRan says:

I’m literally writing a book on this. Since you’re a decent writer, I would like your opinion on this idea.

• MarigoldRan says:

Perhaps I haven’t been clear. So let me clarify.

No one responds to shi- the same way. So why do we assume they’re responding to the same shi-?

Look at the comments here. No one wrote the “same” comment but everyone assumes they’ve watched the same show. Why?

I’m not criticizing what you wrote about Inuyashiki. I’m just curious: is ANYONE writing about the “same” Inuyashiki as anyone else?

• MarigoldRan says:

Personally, I think your writing is pretty good. I understand it’s just “one author’s” viewpoint.

What I’m curious about is this: if EVERY post is “just some person’s” viewpoint then why do we need to assume there exists a single “same” show that everyone watched?

• AidanAK47 AidanAK47 says:

So basically you wish to inquire about the cognitive dissonance of individual consensus and how interpretation effects the media we consume to digest it into categories of congestive quality terms such as good, great or terrible. Thus if the “same” show can be categorized drastically different by alternative people then is it possible that everyone is not watching the exact same show. That through another perception a show can be completely different?

So the real question is if people are truly watching the same show?
          And the answer is yes. Yes they are. Don’t be a dumbass.

• MarigoldRan says:

And the blogger accuses me of using long words. Sigh.

People launch personal attacks because they think it worked in the past. I really don’t give shi- what you think about me meaning that I don’t even particularly care to waste my time insulting you, personally. My point is simple:

No two people will ever write the same shi- about a TV show. So why do people assume they watched the same show? There’s no evidence of it. It’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove.

• AidanAK47 AidanAK47 says:

Shit. Just write shit. Removing the final letter doesn’t somehow make it no longer uncouth.

Anyway I used those words on purpose, just to give you a reflection of yourself. Pretentious isn’t it? Look my friend, before writing any books you might want to do an awful lot of research as you will come to find that anything you thought up on your own has been thought up and debated till the end of time. In this case your inquiry falls apart because you claim that two people cannot prove they watched the same thing. But they can, they can recount what happened in the episode. While opinions may differ, the actual content that they watched is the same. So there is nothing to prove, because it’s obvious.

• MarigoldRan says:

But that’s proof that two people DIDN’T watch the same show.

Because when two people argue, they never use the same words to argue about anything. Two people can write a summary of an event, and there are similarities in the summary.

But similar isn’t SAME.

More personal attacks. Whatever. I really don’t give a shi- about what you think about me. My point remains: you think we’re having the same argument even though from the evidence of our words we’re obviously not.

• MarigoldRan says:

When people write shi- about other people, they’re really not writing about that person.

What they’re actually writing about is a memory construction of the other person.

For example, you don’t know who the f- I am. So when you write shi- about me, what you’re doing is you’re writing shi- about a memory construction made by YOUR OWN BRAIN cobbled together from bits an pieces of other constructions you made in your past.

3. Strength says:

50km asteroid is massive. But the idea of such unknown asteroid existing and even on a collision course with Earth nowadays is virtually impossible, unless we are talking about a comet. The object in Inuyashiki was reported to be fast, which implies it is indeed a comet.

Some correct terminology for the writer:
    – Meteor is the “shooting star” phenomenon – asteroid burning in the atmosphere.
    – Meteorite is the remains of the actual object that has fallen on Earth.
    – Asteroid is the original object in the space.
    – Meteoroid is a small asteroid.
    – Comet is an ‘asteroid’ that contains ice and comes from the edge of solar system, often has a visible tail because the Sun sublimates it when nearby and is very dangerous because far away regions are not mapped and worse – it is incredibly fast due to its high orbit eccentricity (which means its coming directly at us unlike asteroids which have mostly the same orbit as planets, hence very small speed relative to us).

So comets are many, are far away, are unknown, go right at us (harder to detect) are fast and do muuuch more damage! The ultimate life-killer.

PS: The largest asteroid to fly ‘near’ Earth ever observed has flied by just 2 months ago and boasted size of 4 kilometers!

• Lenlo says:

I was not aware of the distinctions! I was merely running the the translation given to me.

Interesting that speed is a qualifier for what name something gets.

• Strength says:

Not many people know the distinction, but it interesting so I always provide when I see it getting mixed up.

Ah no it isn’t, it is merely a consequence of their orbit that is (usually) not circle but (very prolonged) ellipse, so they accelerate (i.e. fall) from the end of solar system to here. Comets truly are structurally different from asteroids.

PS: HorribleSubs (that I’ve seen) used the word asteroid for the news scene. The Japanese word (wakusei) tells me nothing as far as technical terminology is concerned.

4. Strength says:

The asteroid development is a large cop out.

5. MarigoldRan says:

“The messages anyone sends will never be the same as what people hear.”

Right?

If so, then why assume anyone will ever watch the “same” show? Maybe everyone is watching a different show and just sort of assumes that everyone else is doing the same.

But yeah, the asteroid development is a large cop out. Ah well.

6. KTravlos says:

Lenlo thank you for the reviews.

Iennar should watch anime instead of being a bot
Iennar
Hey! Want to join an exciting fast growing anime forum/discord. Check out anime.sh you won't regret it!
I love the ED song for Tonegawa
I recommend it. Its the best gambling anime out there
I will watch Kaiji someday...someday...just keep forgetting to get around to it.
Anonymous2419710
@Kaiser-Eoghan He's working on a new anime film, not sure when it's coming out
Anonymous2419539
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji
Can't say that I'm interested in a Jin-Roh remake with the plot transplanted to a near future Korea instead of the 1950s alternate history setting of the original.
I still need to see his patlabor show and the first Patlabor film he did.
@Mario: Need to rewatch the original. I recently did a rewatch of Oshii's works. They benefit from second viewings...and sometimes it better to just to run with some of them/let them wash over you largely because he isn't a particularly accessible director, wish he would return to making animated films though.
So Netflixe acquires a korean reanke of Jinroh huh? I guess it's just a matter of time
Dvd of the new, 6th Gundam origin ova came out last Friday but I can't find it on nya =<
It's ongoing, two volumes out in Japan. Mangadex seems to be pretty fast with scanlations.
Ye have any idea whether its already finished one that hasn't been translated or on going series? Like I said, it seems macabre in fun way so would be disappointing to know it didn't do well
@Masky: I found this Marry Grave manga coincidentally while browsing a board. It's really oldschoolish but in an entertaining way. It seems to be weekly or biweekly, but not sure.
The idea of how this story is told is completely fresh and unused although I don't wanna spoil anything for people who don't know anything about it. And as if the whole mainstory wasn't nice enough there was a little hint at the end of the game that was a quite shocking reveal. Some people even missed this since the hint was pretty inconspicuous and not directly related to the main plot/character.
It's real. Wow. This could easily become the best drama anime of the year if done right. The game was (IMO) fantastic despite being a pixelish RPG maker style game.
@Kaiser: Holy shit really? To the Moon?
Speaking of Urasawa there was announcement of a Pluto adaption last year, I guess they're still working on it. A good choice IMO, Pluto was not only my favorite Urasawa aside from 20thCB so far, it's one of the few that might be easier to adapt and it isn't too long.
@Kaiser: Haven't read Chicago yet, maybe I will look into it. Kinda curious what series this mangaka will do next, same with Urasawa.
Huh? Found weird manga named Marry Grave. It feels like older manga but I'm not sure what its release date is.. Has rather interesting art and premise though first chapter is bit clunky on exposition
slightly disappointed to see happy sugar life not being covered =<
Oh man, 57? Franxx must have really gone down hill, because you seemed pretty into halfway through or so Aidan
<Crazy aunt in happy sugar life will have Belldandy's voice actress
<Terror the terror OMO
How do I save Chi no Wadachi's protagonist =< Manga giving me post traumatic stress ;M ;
@Aidan: And that game, to the moon is getting an adaptation. I haven't played it nor know anything about it though.
@Aidan: It seems you were onto something when you said in your satsuriku no tenshi impressions/posts that other freeware games might see a chance at an adaptation. I recall you talking about a game called To the moon on here a few years back.
I did like how they decided to use a Halo aesthetic for the lack of a better term. Bases and alien ships have this Halo like design and color schemes to them. Also when I though a harem could only be depicted in one way, this series proves me wrong.
But after season 2. Oh boy, the series becomes a really intriguing and exciting sci fantasy journey, with lots of motivations, hillturns and mystery.
I catch up to the Voltron series in Netflix and man. It might the best anime-like series I've watched all year. I was having doubt after season one because while not awful at the start, it's very typical Voltron good versus evil and the like.
@Amagi: Chicago was one of the first Manga I read when I was 11, by the same author as 7 seeds.
@Amagi: A 7 seeds adaptation would be preferable, its the more mature of the two. My favourite parts of that manga is everything relating to Hana and also the flashbacks to Ango's team's past, also that flashback side arc which was set in that shelter centered on that guy who had nothing to do with the cast.
For Mahou, I just wanna see the first VN translated.
We will never see the Mahou sequel VN either
Theoretically ufotable but I think they'd prefer to wait for the updated story of the new VN sooo never ever
Op was pretty good for an anime that didn't exist. Honestly wonder what would come first. The remake of the VN or an anime adaption by Ufotable.
Just as the Tsukihime anime doesn't exist (liked the OP of that nonexisting anime though)
@Lenlo: The original Basara anime doesn't exist, only the manga does.
@Lenlo: I really loved it and as far as I know most people who didn't read it refused it due to its drawing style not the content. The style could get an improvement as anime and I think the story is something most people would enjoy. The side characters were all awesome and pretty diverse too, which is kinda worthy of mention because the series had a ton of them.
Arisa might get a decent fanbase as well considering it's some sort of mystery-thriller shoujo despite it's appearance.
Oooh Basara would be one I would want to see
@Kaiser: I wish we'd get an actual Basara or 7 Seeds adaption some day. But guess it's impossible in the age of 12-episode series.
Yeah, the Marvin reveal was done in as tasteful a way as I could see it being done. It was just creepy enough without being voyeur
**Done
*superficially
While I have never read this, LetDai is sometimes compared superficial to banana fish.
More fantasy/horror shoujo/josei manga, old ones, not otomeshit or school lifeshit could be adapted.
And wasn't the reveal regarding Marvin down in a tasteful/restrained enough way while still getting the point across?
Akimi Yoshida is actually quite diverse, aside from banana fish, she also wrote Our little sister.
"and NOT with naked muscular men. That’d be depressing!" Thank fuck we still have the slender ones then lol
By the looks of it Sugar life's only getting 12 episodes, which means it'll stop just before it really gets going.
@Lenlo: I think 2 volumes of the manga have been covered so far.
@Lenlo: "However its spelt" and there I am, realizing how rubbish I am with names and remembering/spelling them.
Oh man, Banana Fish is 24 episodes? Oh awesome. All the time in the world
@Lenlo: In small doese, small doses he would be tolerable.
An anime about all of us would be fucking magnificent and I will hear nothing to the contrary of this fact.
However that name is spelt
Hmm, Steins;Gate 0 Okabe, or what? Cause Hyoin Kyoma would drive me up a wall.
Oh Grand Blue has some great reaction faces.
Not slice of life, but outside of all the dark stuff, I'd probably think Okabe Rintaro would be a fun guy to be around.
Actually that brings up something, in all of the slice of life dramas/comedies out there, a good measure for how worthwhile some of them are could be "Which ones would I actually like to hang out with the characters in"
I remember when Free! aired, joking with another guy on here who would be who.
You could probably get great reaction faces of the manga/show.
I don't think I could keep up with the drunkening though.
Wait, ive been psychic robbed? When? How?
Ive known people like them before, though less cartoonishly dude-bro. They are fun in bursts. Made for some good experiences. Luckily the ones I knew, also knew when I was at my socializing limit.
Jokingly we'd all be blond otaku-t-shirt guy though =P
@Lenlo: I have committed un-intentional psychic theft of your thoughts.
Mario has to be the skinny dark haired Asian guy because it fits.
As funny as these characters are, I probably wouldn't hang out with then if they were real, I'd probably be iritated by them.
I actually hadn't thought it as far as the personalities .
For I am the one that trolls
@Kaiser/Lenlo, Wait then whose who in that screenshot. Cause looks wise I would likely be Iori but personality wise I would be closer to the burly dudes.
As for the updated setting, I think it will work out. Keeps it sorta relevant for modern audiences. I'm curious if the changes will be obvious or not, but the story should still work
As for Banana Fish, after this episode, Im not to worried about the fetishizing of homosexual relationships. Unlike alot of Shoujo/Yaoi-lite/bait stuff, it actually seems to condemn some aspects of the trope in manga.
@Kaiser, I had the exact same thought for that screenshot and the writers.
@Mario: lol Now imagine each of the characters in the screenshot representing a writer on this blog =P
Fixed
@Kaiser: I posted using my phone so that was the best I could do
I want to state, regarding banana fish, for those avoiding it because of shounen-ai vibes or because its aimed at women, even though its listed as shoujo, its really the female equivalent to a seinen manga, it also created, even in Japan a massive crossover audience that also included heterosexual males.
Whew lad, might want to center/neat-en up the screenshot on the latest post =<
See lenlo, while I love the adaptation, I'm still worried about the updated setting.
The manga had something about American foreign policy and the Mafia boss having to do with anti-communism, I wonder will the anime commit to that.
So far, Banana Fish is ony of my favorites. Im gonna make it very clear why tomorrow when I post on it, but boy I wasnt expecting it to commit so fully.
Okay, my ranking so far of the premieres: -Angels of death
-Happy sugar life
-Banana fish
-Grand blue
Shichisei and planet with are dropped, will only watch sirius until I get bored. Don't like shounen action so I'm not continuing Angolmeh.
I know he's a good writer, hence I was looking forward to Dog eat dog. That film made me think he passed his prime
@Mario: Raging bull and mishima also he wrote those.
@Mario: Nicholas Cage is awful and so was Dog eat dog I can agree to that.
@Mario: Its alot better than that I can tell you. Also he wrote the affliction, taxi driver and hardcore, all great films.
@Kaiser: you mean First Reformed? I watched Schraders' previous work Dog Eat Dog and absolutely hated it. Hated it with a passion
@Kaiser: I don't even know that until you pointed out
*movie blog
@Mario: How amusing, you uses "red blood moon" on your movie blood as a section for bad anime, and have the AKA abbreviation right next to it and that has the same spelling as the Japanese word for Red.
@Mario: I've got a feeling you might be a fan of Paul Schraders new film, its a mashup of Ordet, Winter light, diary of a country priest and Taxi driver. It is speechy, but it has alot to say and Ethan Hawke is great in it.
I don't think i'd be able to stop myself pulling an animal ears girl's ears if they were real. I'd have to know.
@Mario: I think I needed to watch it, just so I could have the feeling of getting away from the world while not needing to think.
@Kaiser: that's basically the appeal of Cgdct shows. They're hardy deep or even have that much conflict, but they're adorable and fluffy. Good enough for me ^^
The filter/visual style angolmis was going for initially completely took my concentration away from the show.
SuperWooper
(which includes a review of the inevitable AOTS) :^)
SuperWooper
Only one more First Impressions post to go.
Grand blue is funny but like with wotaku I'm not sure there'll be an incentive to watch every episode.
@Mario: Maybe every season or so I will try to fit in a cute girls doing cute things show. I watched Konohana Kitan yesterday and while hardly essential, it was actually sort of adorable.
A bit new info about the next When they Cry. Guess the release date will be the winter comiket. Really wonder how it will be, I have to admit I enjoyed the endless arguments in the Umineko VN a lot. Also it seems it will get the same music composers again.
@Anon, That airs on July 22.
were is attack on titan 3???
I'll still write a post once the first impressions' over, along with my general thoughts on this season.
Meanwhile, we already decided which shows to blog for this season. The coverage is as follows:
Aidan: Grand Blue, Planet With, Satsuriku no Tenshi
Mario: Chio-chan, Shoujo Kageki, Hanebado
Lenlo: Steins;Gate 0, Banana Fish
Just an update to you, dear readers. We're working on finishing these 1st impressions posts and try to finish it in few days time (3 more posts).
*Harry not Eddie
**Gundam F91
Have the blurays of 08th ms team downloading now to re-watch. Never seen Gundam F91 one . Really looking forward to the final origin ova and whenever more of Thunderbolt is coming out.
Eddie was a bit crap though, especially when you stand him up against other Char-esque characters and some of the other characters aren't quite as compelling. Loved the old American style setting though, crazypants main baddy was fun.
I finally finished/rewatched Turn A Gundam lately. It delivers strongly on its spectacle Heim and Soleil were great and my favourite gundam girls , the artstyle grows on you and because of that art style, it gets away with being one of the weirder phase gundamns, where G Gundam wasn't so lucky in that regard.
Highscore Girl is way more annoying than I exptected it to be.
Haven't played it (yet) but AFAIK they stay there and only move from floor to floor, I guess it's why they shortly mentioned these murders on the different floors.
Does the entirety of satsuriku no tenshi stay in the building? I could seen the sense of claustropohbia for the audience disappearing if they left it.
Looking back on that comment, I should say, I have not read grand blues manga, so its entirely possible why the animes presentation made me laugh a bit because I've no comparison.
Also, that blonde muscular guy in Grand blue made me laugh.
I like how we have very little idea of the buildings layout in satsuriku no tenshi.
Not really looking forward to Gridman as I see the typical warning signs I noticed for Kiznaiver and Franxx as well here. The only positive thing is that the series seems to have an actual villain for once. The lack of that was one of the problems that bothered me with Franxx (not counting literal faceless aliens as "actual villain").
I hope next actual Imaishi anime will be a good Trigger again. Honestly didn't really like any of their series done by other directors, Promare would be the first series done by the TTGL team again after KlK and Luluco. My only fear is that it might be a TTGL clone but it's too early to for that.
I am gunning for Kyohime Lancer and Mordred Rider. Thankfully I don't really care about the five starts so my odds are not quite as bad.
@Aidan: Yes I am happy I got her with just one ticket since I am saving for the upcoming rate ups as well, especially Summer. Hell I need Martha.
@Amagi, Had a few moments like that which were not related to Fate go. Anyhoo I didn't bother rolling Da Vinchi as I got no real interest in him/her(Hard to decide when their reason for genderbending has more to do with beauty rather than gender.) Instead saving my Quartz for either the summer servants for the Knights of the round.
Not lying but I had I dream yesterday about getting FGO's Da Vinci with one ticket, woke up, spent one ticket and got her (Yes. "Her"). I am so far into that anime stuff guess I am now developing esp powers just for that.
Finally new Sirius subs I hope they are tolerable.
Chio-chan is relatable
She's one of the actress I'm really fond of. But of course given how big a status she is
@Mario: If voices could be married I'd marry hers =P
Other 2 shows are Cells at Work and Phantom in the Twilight
Kana Hanazawa's extremely busy this season. She's also voicing for 2 other shows. Give me a minute so I can check up these other shows
The most recent I've heard Kana Hanazawa's voice was in 3-gatsu no lion where she voiced Hina, hearing her voice psychochick from happy sugar life makes it all the eerier =P Also watching this feels like less of a slog than reading the early chapters.
Scanners/photocopier machines however are the greater satan.
What kind of cosmic rule forbids printers to ever work properly?
I've heard that satsuriku no tenshi's manga adaptation apparently is paced better and more effective at immersing the reader.
I think my time with shichisei subaru stops here, the cliffhangers just feel liked bad bait and while I hate jumping to buzzwords, this was just really generic and hamfisted. Its like I'm watching a crap adaptation of a bad moe datesim visual novel.
Yeah this is also a pretty stilted translation.
I ended up watching it with mediocre subtitles also.
Wait is Sirius subbed? Nonmeme subs I mean.
Banana fish succeeds in making itself work as an action series all the more stronger, because it allows itself to have a good emotional backing. I'd forgotten how much of prick that one cop was in that scene in the manga.
If you want a reasonably quick boredom killer thats gorier than some modern anime allows you could probably do worse than Sirius.
Okay, regarding Happy sugar lifes manga, Late volume 6-volume 8, we're kind of getting somewhere, especially with one particular flashback relating to Shio.
I too am not even impervious to cute and huggable things.
*mikocchi
@Mario: I do plan on watch sorayori, konohana kitan and hakumei no mocchi someday.
*Asobi Asobase
So far, I enjoy Asobi Asobasa and Chio-chan so much that I watched them twice. Guess I do have a thing for cute girls comedy shows after all
Hataraku Saibou, wouldn't be the first edutainment thing in anime , kemono souja and Moyashimon aswell.
Nope, not this week. One week hold since we are sorta between/starting a new season

Hanebado! – 02/03 [Meat’s the Best After a Workout!/ She Was Perfect]

When people thinks about Hanebado, they tend to regard the excellent animation as its strongest point. While I partly agree on that, for me it’s the small character acting that makes this show sticks out for me. I do have a KyoAni vibe watching those relationships play out, especially in second episode with the recurring […]

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro – 02 [Bloody Butterfly Effect / Manana and Ootoro and I / Bump of Slave]

The misadventures of Chio-chan on her way to school continues with some extra flavour. As of now, Chio-chan splits its segments neatly in two halves, the first deals with Chio encounters the absurd events on her way to school, and the latter details her relationship with her friends. One highlights the adventure spirits of this […]

Planet With – 02[Nebula Soldiers]

“So they managed to defeat Torai huh. Well he was the weakest of us.” “Actually he was the strongest.” “Wait! Huh?” Now that’s part of why I love you Satoshi, you lay out a shounen cliche and subvert the hell out of it. Even having Torai in the room about to leave the group only […]

Banana Fish – 2 [In Another Country]

This? Banana Fish? This right here? This is what 91 Days could have been. An intriguing crime drama, with interesting characters all around and the willingness to go all-in on its story. Lets jump in! Banana Fish did a much better job of holding my attention compared to last week. With all the characters established, […]

Satsuriku no Tenshi – 02[Your grave is not here]

This is a very strange show. I may regret choosing to blog this but with the second episode I still find it quite fascinating and I really want to see just where this leads. I will however say that it isn’t because of excellence that this show has caught my attention for at the moment […]

Darling in the Franxx – 24[Never Let Me Go]

And it’s time for Darling in the sorry I just can’t bring myself to care anymore Franxx. Well once again my previous assertions of what this episode was to be turned out half true and half false. For one they actually did show the final confrontation against VIRM and it was just as disappointing as […]

Hisone to Masotan – 12 [We Are Unstoppable]

And we come to a close of this Dragon Pilot show and I’m still indifferent on how this anime wraps up. It’s not a bad ending per se, it has a good emotional payoff and it does somewhat wrap up the story. The more it gets into the conclusion, however,  the more I see inconsistencies […]

Darling in the Franxx – 23[DARLING in the FRANXX]

The longer this series goes on, the faster my goodwill disappears as this episode was terrible on many fronts. At this point I think we can admit that this series has been on a downward spiral since episode 19 and has only worsened with each subsequent episode. Part of the problem was 19 spilling all […]

Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory – 10[Onward, Onward]

Oh no. Well I suppose this was coming with all the news of this series troubles but it is disheartening to see it come to worst case scenario with the quality of this episode. This is the episode that announces without a doubt that this team is at the breaking point. Characters go off model […]

Darling in the Franxx Anime Review – 57/100

In following anime seasons it can be quite an experience to follow a show as it airs as the hype and rollercoaster of reactions can be entertainment in its own right. In that regard Darling in the Franxx was a hell of a ride as week by week peoples feelings for it ran hot and […]

Hisone to Masotan (2018 Spring) Review – 73/100

Coming off as one of my most anticipated anime out of this last Spring Season, based solely on staffs involved alone – after all, an original anime written by Mari Okada and produced by Bones (which I regarded as one of the best anime studio working right now) – I can’t help but feel let […]

Megalo Box – 86/100

Ah boxing, the quintessential manly man sport of beating each other unconscious. In anime, the sport was first forged in the fires of Ashita no Joe, and some would say later perfected by Hajime no Ippo. Both fantastic series in their own right. Both filled to the brim with epic clashes of wills, phenomenal characters and […]

Legends of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Anime Review – 80/100

This is a remake of a series made way back when which is one of the most highly acclaimed anime in the medium. It is of legendary status but you would be hard pressed to recommend it as to many the barrier of entry is too high to consider. A 110 episode OVA with dated […]

Hinamatsuri (2018 Spring) Review – 79/100

Comedy anime doesn’t always yell out confidence, so imagine our hype when there’s one that been on everyone’s lips since the manga come out, Hinamatsuri. The show starts with simple premise: a girl with supernatural power unexpectedly drops into the house of a yakuza, hilarity ensues. This concept sums up very well the source humors […]

Fate/Stay Night Heaven’s Feel – I Prestige Flower Anime Review – 90/100

We have seen an influx of Fate adaptations over the last year and sadly each has proven to be disappointing except for a cooking slice of life short series which is weirdly better than it has any right to be. This movie was the last of the Fate adaptations that I needed to see but […]

Violet Evergarden (2018 Winter) Review – 76/100

Violet Evergarden’s existence has surely been a public one. Acclaimed before everyone lick a taste of it (it was awarded for grand prize in the fifth Kyoto Animation Award’s novel category in 2014 – read, KyoAni awards), it goes without saying that Violet Evergarden is one of the most anticipated show of the sparse Winter […]

A Place Further than the Universe (Winter 2018) Review – 77/100

Cute girls doing cute things is a genre that been done to death at this point. Even within this Winter 2018 we had been overloaded with big eyes fluffy face girls doing a lot of different things of interest. It takes a standout concept or a deeper narrative to make one stand out from this […]

After the Rain (2018 Winter) Review – 89/100

I suppose that most of us, even the perministic ones, enter After the Rain (Ameagari) with some reservations. After all, the premise about a crush from an 18-year-old girl to the store manager who is nearly 30 years senior raises a lot of red flags here. Yet the show handles this tricky premise with deep […]